AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz May 31 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC,CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams.We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Which police department has launched patrolling on bicycle to improve policing in congested localities?
Answer – 2.Delhi Police
The Delhi Police has launched patrolling on bicycle to improve policing in congested localities in trans-Yamuna region of the city. The move is also being billed as a green initiative.
- On May 30, 2017, Defence Minister Arun Jaitley inaugurated (through video-link) a grid-connected solar power plant of 16 MW capacity at the Ordinance Factory in:
Answer – 1.Telangana
The solar power plant at Medak has been set up at a cost of Rs 105 crore by Bharat Electronics Limited. He also dedicated a 9 MW capacity windmill project installed at Dammur in Karnataka at a cost of Rs 53 crore by BEML.
- New office building of National Sample Survey Office (NSSO),Sankhyiki Bhawanin New Delhi was inaugurated on May 30, 2017. Who is the current Union Minister for Statistics & Programme Implementation?
Answer – 3.D.V.Sadananda Gowda
At the new building, all divisions of NSSO are under one roof. This will improve coordination of various tasks at a very closer level and will thereby result in faster and better output.
- The Indian Mobile Congress(IMC) will be held from 27th – 29th September 2017, in which city?
Answer – 5.Delhi
Indian Mobile Congress will be organised by telecom industry body Cellular Operators’ Association of India (COAI) with support from the Department of Telecommunications and Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology. The Ministry of Skill Development will also be part of the endeavour. It will be organised in the Pragati Maidan, Delhi with a budget of around Rs 15 crore.
- Union Ministry of Earth Sciences has announced that India is all set to launch ‘Deep Ocean Mission’by:
Answer – 3.January 2018
M Rajeevan, Secretary of Ministry of Earth Sciences has announced that India is all set to launch ‘Deep Ocean Mission’ by January 2018. ‘Deep Ocean Mission’ will improve India’s position in ocean research field. Seven premier science agencies including NIO, ISRO and DRDO will participate in this venture.
- Which among the following country will become first in the world to run all government ports on green energy?
Answer – 2.India
All 12 major domestic ports in India will soon switch to renewable energy to meet their entire power requirements. Indian Government is planning to install 150 mw of solar power and 50 mw wind power generation capacity by year 2019.
- Which among the following cities have NOT featured in the JLL’s list of top 300 global cities which are the focus of commercial activity and interest?
1.Mumbai and Delhi
2.Ahmedabad and Surat
3.Kolkata and Bengaluru
4.Hyderabad and Pune
5.Nagpur and Jaipur
Answer – 5.Nagpur and Jaipur
Mumbai, Delhi and 7 other Indian cities (Kolkata, Chennai, Bengaluru, Ahmedabad, Surat, Pune and Hyderabad) have featured in the list of top 300 global cities which are the focus of commercial activity and interest. This list has been compiled by real estate services firm Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL).
- 70th World Health Assembly(WHA70) was held from 22ndto 31st May 2017 in:
2.New York, US
Answer – 5.Geneva, Switzerland
The World Health Assembly is the supreme decision-making body for WHO. It generally meets in Geneva in May each year, and is attended by delegations from all 194 Member States. Its main function is to determine the policies of the Organization.
- On May 30, 2017, which public sector bank signed a $100 million loan agreement with Asian Development Bank (ADB) to finance large solar rooftop systems on industrial and commercial buildings throughout India?
1.Punjab National Bank
2.Bank of Baroda
5.Bank of India
Answer – 1.Punjab National Bank
This is the first tranche loan of the $500 million multi tranche finance facility, Solar Rooftop Investment Program (SRIP) approved by ADB in 2016. This agreement has been guaranteed by the Government of India.
- New one rupee notes with a multicoloured look will soon be put in circulation by the Reserve Bank of India. The colour of One Rupee currency note shall be predominantly ______ on obverse and reverse in combination with others.
Answer – 2.pink-green
The Reserve Bank of India will soon put into circulation currency notes in one rupee denomination. The existing currency notes in this denomination in circulation will also continue to be legal tender.
- Which entity has forecasted that Indian economy will grow by 7.5% in fiscal year 2017 and 7.7% in 2018?
1.Moody’s Investors Service
2.Standard & Poor’s
3.Ernst & Young
Answer – 1.Moody’s Investors Service
As per global ratings agency Moody’s Investors Service, the Indian economy will grow by 7.5 in fiscal year 2017 and 7.7% in 2018 and growth will gradually accelerate to around 8% over the next three to four years.
- Who among the following has been announced as the recipient of the 2017 PEN/Malamud Award for Excellence in the Short Story?
Answer – 4.Jhumpa Lahiri
The PEN/Malamud Award for Excellence in Short Fiction was established by Bernard Malamud’s family to honor excellence in the art of short fiction. Lahiri, professor of creative writing in the Lewis Center for the Arts at Princeton University, is the author of four widely acclaimed works of fiction: “Interpreter of Maladies,” “The Namesake,” “Unaccustomed Earth,” and “The Lowland”; and two works of nonfiction: “In Other Words” and “The Clothing of Books.”
- Which company has been awarded ‘HR Innovation of the Year’, for its significant contribution to skill development in the automotive sector at the Asia-Pacific Excellence Awards held in Hong Kong recently?
4.Mahindra & Mahindra
Answer – 1.Tata Motors
Tata Motors has been at the forefront in creating the right set of talent pool for the automobile engineering and manufacturing industry. The company, over the past few years has associated with over 135 ITIs across 19 states, to develop skilled and highly competent manpower that’s future ready.
- Who among the following has been appointed as Vice-Chairman of National Commission for Minorities?
Answer – 2.George Kurian
Earlier, noted social activist from Uttar Pradesh, Syed Ghayorul Hasan Rizvi was appointed as Chairman of National Commission for Minorities. Other appointed members of the Commission are Ms Sulekha Kumbhare, Shri Sunil Singhi and Shri Vada Dasturji Khurshed Kaikobad Dastoor.
- On May 31, 2017, military of which country conducted a successful missile defence test involving a simulated attack by an intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM)?
Answer – 3.US
The test was conducted in order to assess preparedness for countering any threats through ICBMs from North Korea. It is to be noted that North Korea has been frequently conducting missile tests, which defence experts have dubbed as repeated attempts to improvise its strike capability on US through ICBMs.
- Researchers at which institute have developed a new technology which will change the way biofuel is manufactured by making the process cheaper, quicker and pollution-free?
Answer – 4.IIT-Kharagpur
The ‘soil-to-soil’ manufacturing technology developed at the P K Sinha Centre for bio-energy at IIT-KGP is in the process of being patented. By use of this technology, the waste product is pollution-free and hence utilising the residual biomass to organic fertiliser is possible.
- Scientists have discovered a potentially habitable Earth-like planet, located just ______ light years away that may host liquid water on its surface.
1.21 light years away
2.24 light years away
3.27 light years away
4.30 light years away
5.33 light years away
Answer – 1.21 light years away
Scientists from Instituto de Astrofisica de Canarias (IAC) in Canary Islands found that the planet, with a mass between two and three times the Earth, resides at the edge of the habitable zone of its host star GJ625 (Gliese 625).
- Who among the following Indian Cricketers have featured in this year’s ESPN World Fame 100 list?
2.M S Dhoni
5.All of the above
Answer – 5.All of the above
Virat Kohli ranked 13th, which marks a drop from his previous year rank at 8th position. M S Dhoni’s too slipped by one spot to 15th from last year’s 14th rank. Yuvraj Singh and Suresh Raina ranked 90th and 95th respectively.
- Dasari Narayana Rao, who passed away on May 30, 2017, was a:
Answer – 2.Filmmaker
National Award-winning filmmaker and former Union minister Dasari Narayana Rao died on May 30, 2017 at the age of 75 after prolonged illness. He was known for his works predominantly in Telugu cinema.
- Paravathamma Rajkumar, who passed away on May 31, 2017, was a noted:
Answer – 5.Film Producer
Noted film producer and wife of Kannada thespian Rajkumar, Paravathamma Rajkumar passed away after a prolonged illness on May 31, 2017 in Bengaluru. She was 78. Under the banners Vajreshwari Combines and Poornima Enterprises, Parvathamma produced about 80 movies, featuring her husband Rajkumar and their sons
- What was the theme for ‘World No Tobacco Day’ 2017, observed on May 31, 2017?
1.‘Get Ready for Plain Packaging’
2.‘Stop illicit trade of tobacco products’
3.’Tobacco – a threat to development’
4.’Raise taxes on tobacco’
5.‘Ban tobacco advertising’
Answer – 3.”Tobacco – a threat to development”
World No Tobacco Day (WNTD) is observed around the world every year on May 31. It is intended to encourage a 24-hour period of abstinence from all forms of tobacco consumption around the globe. The day is further intended to draw attention to the widespread prevalence of tobacco use and its negative health effects.
- Who among the following has been conferred World Health Organisation (WHO)’s Director General’s Special Recognition Award for leadership and commitment to advancing tobacco control?
1.J P Nadda, Indian Minister of Health and Family Welfare
2.Abdullah Nazim Ibrahim, Minister of Health for Maldives
3.Tandin Wangchuk, Minister of Health for Bhutan
4.Saber Hossain Chowdhury, Member of Parliament from Bangladesh
5.All of the above
Answer – 5.All of the above
World Health Organization has conferred Director General’s Special Recognition Award to India’s Minister of Health and Family Welfare, Mr J P Nadda, for his leadership and commitment to advancing tobacco control, while also selecting Ministers of Health for Maldives and Bhutan among five individuals/ institutions from the WHO South-East Asia Region for this year’s World No-Tobacco Day Award.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.