Affairs cloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz May 3 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC,CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams.We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Which among the following has become the first state to switch to the January-December financial year from the existing April-March cycle?
Answer – 2.Madhya Pradesh
Madhya Pradesh state cabinet in its meeting chaired by Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan decided to shift the financial year to January-December. So, now the Budget session of the next financial year will be held either in December 2017 or January 2018.
- United Nations marked the first ‘World Tuna Day’ on which date?
Answer –4.2nd May
The United Nations is marking the first World Tuna Day with calls to conserve one of the globe’s most popular fish to be caught and eaten. The General Assembly established World Tuna Day in December to reinforce its importance to nations around the globe.
- On May 2, 2017, Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu flagged-off Western Railways’ first Humsafar Express between:
1.Ahmedabad – Chennai
2.Ahmedabad – Kolkata
3.Surat – Chennai
4.Surat – Kolkata
5.Vadodara – Chennai
Answer – 1.Ahmedabad – Chennai
On May 2, 2017, Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu flagged-off Western Railways’ first Humsafar Express between Ahmedabad and Chennai at a function held in Udvada town in Valsad district of Gujarat. Full-fledged operations of the train will start from May 8, 2017 from Ahmedabad and from May 10, 2017 from Chennai.
- Which state has auctioned India’s most expensive limestone block?
Answer – 3.Chhattisgarh
The Kesla-II limestone block in Raipur district of Chhattisgarh with an estimated reserve of 215 million tonnes has been auctioned at 96.15 per cent of Indian Bureau of Mines (IBM) prices, thereby becoming India’s most expensive limestone block.
- Which among the following communities of Odisha have been notified as Scheduled Castes?
1.Munda and Santal
2.Savara and Oraon
3.Kachin and Kuki
4.Gond and Ahom
5.Sualgiri and Swalgiri
Answer – 5.Sualgiri and Swalgiri
Odisha’s Sualgiri and Swalgiri communities have been notified as Scheduled Castes following President Pranab Mukherjee’s assent to a new law. The Rajya Sabha had last month passed the bill on it after it was cleared by the Lok Sabha in March 2017.
- World’s highest rail bridge, which will be taller than Eiffel Tower is being constructed on which Indian River?
Answer – 1.Chenab
World’s highest railway bridge that is expected to be 35 metres taller than the Eiffel Tower will be built on Chenab River in Jammu & Kashmir within next two years. The arc-shaped bridge will have a height of 359 m above the river bed.
- Scientists of which country have built the world’s first quantum computing machine that is 24,000 times fasterthan its international counterparts?
Answer – 3.China
A team of Chinese scientists led by renowned quantum physicist Pan Jianwei have announced that they have built the world’s first quantum computing machine that is 24,000 times faster than its international counterparts.
- As per ‘The Economic and Social Survey of Asia and the Pacific 2017’ released by UN Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP), Indian economy is expected to register ______% GDP growth in 2017.
Answer – 3.7.1%
The survey has forecasted 7.1% growth for Indian economy in 2017. The growth will come on the back of increased Government spending on infrastructure projects and remonetisation activity by Reserve Bank of India, which is expected to restore consumption patterns.
- Which rating agency has affirmed India’s long-term foreign- and local-currency rating at ‘BBB-‘?
1.Moody’s Investors Service
2.Standard & Poor’s (S&P)
4.Eurpean Rating Agency
5.Japan Credit Rating Agency
Answer – 3.Fitch Ratings
Fitch Ratings has mentioned that India’s sovereign ratings balance a strong medium-term growth outlook and favourable external balances with a weak fiscal position and difficult business environment.
- Which peer-to-peer online lending platform has been launched by Singapore-based fintech start-up FinMomenta?
Answer – 4.Tachyloans
Tachyloans is a credit scoring model which is used to assess the creditworthiness of applicants. It provides the fastest digital lending platform in India. Borrowers can avail loan at lower interest rates starting from 11.5 percent per annum.
- Which financial organisation has granted $160 million loan for Andhra Pradesh power project?
1.Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB)
2.New Development Bank (NDB)
3.Asian Development Bank (ADB)
5.International Monetary Fund (IMF)
Answer – 1.Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB)
The Board of Directors of the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) approved a loan amount of USD 160 million in support of the Andhra Pradesh 24×7 Power project, with an objective to strengthen the power transmission and distribution system in the state.
- As per a latest report titled ‘Illicit Financial Flows to and from Developing Countries: 2005-2014’ compiled by US-based think tank Global Financial Integrity (GFI), an estimated $______ billion in black money entered India during 2005-2014
Answer – 5.$770 billion
The report stated that during 2014 alone, the inflow of black money was about $101 billion while the outflow was $ 23 billion. The inflow of $ 770 billion was 14% of India’s total international trade of $ 5,500 billion during the 10-year period.
- Which software services company has launched a new brand identity to ‘underscore its commitment to transformation and evolving client expectations.’?
3.Tata Consultancy Services
Answer – 2.Wipro
Wipro Chairman Azim Premji said “Our brand identity is a visual expression of what we do and mean, for our clients. And this is directly energized by our Values. The Values are our core and our beacon, the bedrock of our culture”.
- Uber Technologies Inc. has started its food delivery service UberEATS in:
Answer – 4.Mumbai
Uber Technologies Inc. has started its food delivery service UberEATS in Mumbai, four months after announcing the launch of the service in India in January 2017. The company has appointed Bhavik Rathod, earlier the general manager for south and west for Uber’s ride-hailing business, as the head of the food delivery vertical.
- Which Hollywood film, featuring singer-poet Satinder Sartaaj and veteran actress Shabana Azmi, was awarded the Special Jury Remi Award at the 50th annual Worldfest-Houston International Film Festival?
1.’The Crown Prince’
2.’The Wicked Prince’
3.’The Generous Prince’
4.’The Grey Prince’
5.’The Black Prince’
Answer – 5.’The Black Prince’
The film is a historic biopic on the poignant life story of the last king of Punjab – Maharajah Duleep Singh and is set for international release on July 21, 2017. Sartaaj, who marks his acting debut with the film, essays the role of Maharajah Duleep Singh while Shabana portrays Rani Jindan, the exiled King’s mother.
- Which football player has been awarded ‘Hero of the League Award’ at the Hero I-League 2016-17 Awards?
Answer – 3.Sunil Chhetri
Bengaluru FC (Bengaluru Football Club) skipper Sunil Chhetri, who scored seven goals in the recently concluded edition of the I-League football tournament, has won the most coveted Hero of the League award
- Who among the following has been appointed as the Chairperson of the Public Accounts Committee (PAC) of the Parliament?
Answer – 5.Mallikarjun Kharge
Congress leader Mallikarjun Kharge is the new chairman of the 21-member Public Accounts Committee of Parliament. Kharge replaces Congress leader K V Thomas whose term ended on April 30, 2017. The Parliamentary panel, which is headed by an opposition leader, has a majority of its members from the ruling NDA.
- Who among the following will succeed noted economist S K Thoratas the chairman of the Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR)?
1.Braj Bihari Kumar
2.Vishnu Narayan Rao
3.Rakesh Kumar Saranyia
4.Radhe Kishor Singh
5.Shiv Prakash Yadav
Answer – 1.Braj Bihari Kumar
Braj Bihari Kumar, editor of quarterly journals Dialogue and Chintan Srijan, has been appointed as the chairman of the Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR). The HRD Ministry took the decision finalising his name for the top post for a period of three years.
- On May 2, 2017, Indian Army successfully test-fired ______ version(an advanced version) of the Brahmos land-attack cruise missile in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
1.Block II version
2.Block III version
3.Block IV version
4.Block V version
5.Block VI version
Answer –2.Block III version
In the test, Block-III version successfully hit the land-based target with desired precision in a “top attack configuration”. This test fire has matched all the parameter of the canonical textbook, involving high level and complex manoeuvring by the missile.
- India has dropped to ________ position on the ICC Twenty20 International team rankings released on May 1, 2017
Answer – 5.4th position
Annual update of ICC Twenty20 International team rankings was released on May 1, 2017. India has dropped two places to slip to fourth position. With 118 points India is behind Pakistan (121 points), England (121 points), and New Zealand (125 points). Pakistan is behind England by fraction of a point and is positioned at No.3.
- Which Indian table tennis player has bagged both the singles and doubles gold at the Seamaster 2017 ITTF Challenge Chile Open in Santiago, Chile?
Answer – 4.Soumyajit Ghosh
Men’s singles final was contested between two Indian players, Soumyajit Ghosh and Anthony Amalraj, in which Soumyajit clinched the title. In men’s doubles final the Indian pair of Soumyajit & Amalraj defeated Philipp Floritz and Hunor Szocs. This is the first time India has won a men’s doubles title on either the ITTF Challenge Series or ITTF World Tour.
- Congress leader and former __________ Minister, Pratap Singh Baghel passed away at the age of 70.
Answer – 4.Madhya Pradesh
Pratap Singh had served as minister in MP twice. He was elected MLA from Kukshi in 1972, 1977 and 1980. He was also elected Member of Parliament from Dhar in 1985.
- What was the 2017 theme of ‘World Press Freedom Day’, celebrated on May 3, 2017?
1.‘Critical Minds for Critical Times: Media’s role in advancing peaceful, just and inclusive societies’
2.”Access to Information and Fundamental Freedoms: This Is Your Right!”
3.”Let Journalism Thrive! Towards Better Reporting, Gender Equality, and Safety in the Digital Age”
4.”Media Freedom for a Better Future”
5.”Ensuring Safety of Journalists”
Answer – 1.‘Critical Minds for Critical Times: Media’s role in advancing peaceful, just and inclusive societies’
The United Nations General Assembly declared May 3 to be World Press Freedom Day to raise awareness of the importance of freedom of the press and remind governments of their duty to respect and uphold the right to freedom of expression enshrined under Article 19 of the 1948 Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.