AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz May 29 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC,CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams.We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- 43rd G7 summit was held on May 26–27, 2017 in which country?
Answer – 2.Italy
43rd G7 summit was held on May 26–27, 2017 in Taormina, Sicily, Italy. The summit was attended by leaders of G7 countries viz. US, UK, Germany, France, Italy, Japan and Canada as well as the representatives of European Union.
- As per the Asia Pacific Tax Complexity Survey conducted by professional services firm, Deloitte, India has the ________ most complex taxation system in the Asia-Pacific Region.
Answer – 1.second
This outcome is based on a survey of over 300 financial and tax executives in 20 countries across Asia Pacific. 147 of these respondents have business operations in India. The respondents were asked to give their views on the current and anticipated tax environment for their respective countries.
- As per “India Development Report”by World Bank, Indian economy is expected to grow at what rate in FY 2017-18?
Answer – 3.7.2%
As per “India Development Report” by World Bank, Indian economy is expected to grow at 7.2% in FY 2017-18 as compared to 6.8% in 2016-17. The report has outlined that demonetisation in November 2016 caused a slight disruption to India’s growth recovery.
- The Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) has approved hike in investment limit in exchange traded funds (ETFs) to:
Answer – 1.15%
Union Labour Minister Bandaru Dattatreya said the Employees Provident Fund Organisation has approved hike in investment limit in exchange traded funds (ETFs) to 15 per cent, from the existing 10%.
- Government-run Prasar Bharati has signed an agreement with public broadcaster of which country to step up cooperation in the broadcasting sector?
Answer – 1.Morocco
Government-run Prasar Bharati has entered into an agreement with Moroccos Societe Nationale de Radiodiffusion et de Television (SNRT) to step up cooperation in the broadcasting sector.The MoU was signed last week during the fifth India Morocco Joint Commission Meeting (JCM) in Rabat, Morocco’s capital.
- Who among the following has been awarded Sangeet Natak Akademi Puraskar for the year 2016?
Answer – 2.Satyabrata Rout
Satyabrata Rout has been given this award for developing a unique method of teaching and practising direction and design, which has been achieved through a long and continuous work experience with eminent theatre practitioners and scholars.
- Which movie has has won the top prize at the 70th Cannes Film Festival 2017?
Answer – 3.’The Square’
Art world satire ‘The Square’, directed by Ruben Ostlund, has won the top prize at the Cannes Film Festival. ‘The Square’ was one of 19 films competing for the prestigious Palme d’Or, in the 70th Cannes Film Festival.
- On May 28, 2017, which frigate of Indian Navy was placed in the non-operational category?
Answer – 4.INS Ganga
After 32 years of glorious service, INS Ganga is likely to be decommissioned before the year-end. It was commissioned on December 30, 1985, at Mumbai. Despite the long service, INS Ganga still retains her capabilities in all three dimensions of naval warfare.
- Researchers from which country have been successful in 3D bioprinting of cartilage using a bioink?
Answer – 1.India
A team led by Prof. Sourabh Ghosh from the Department of Textile Technology at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi has been successful in 3D bioprinting of cartilage using a bioink. The bioink has high concentration of bone-marrow derived cartilage stem cells, silk proteins and a few factors.
- On May 29, 2017, Union Human Resource Development Minister Shri Prakash Javadekar launched an Anti-Ragging Mobile App introduced by:
5.IIT – Kharagpur
Answer – 2.UGC
This app will work on android system on which students can log in and register their complaints immediately. Accordingly all concerned will be informed immediately and action will start immediately.
- Tropical cyclone named ________ developed in the Bay of Bengal in last week of May 2017.
Answer – 3.’Mora’
A deep depression in the Bay of Bengal has intensified into a tropical cyclone named ‘Mora’. It is a second cyclone in the Bay of Bengal after Maarutha. The tropical Cyclone Mora is likely to hit Bangladesh coast in next 24 hours and expected to cause heavy rains in West Bengal and North East Indian states.
- Who among the following won Monaco Grand Prixon May 28 2017?
Answer – 4.Sebastian Vettel
Ferrari’s Sebastian Vettel won Monaco Grand Prix on 28 May 2017. It was held at Circuit de Monaco, La Condamine and Monte Carlo, Monaco. The second place in the race was secured by Ferrari’s Kimi Raikkonen.
- Bhavani Devi is associated with which sport?
Answer – 3.Fencing
Indian fencer C A Bhavani Devi struck gold in the Turnoi Satellite Fencing Championship at Reykjavik (Iceland). With this win, Bhavani Devi has also become the first Indian to win a gold medal in an international fencing event.
- Which among the following football club has won the 2017 FA Cup final?
3.Manchester United FC
5.Aston Villa FC
The match was held at Wembley Stadium in London, England. Arsenal maintained its 1-0 lead well into the second half. Chelsea were reduced to ten men in the second half after its mid-fielder Victor Moses, made a second foul and was sent off in the 68th minute.
- Book ‘Color Atlas of Oral Implantology’ has been authored by:
1.Dr. Praful Bali and Dr. Seema Chandok
2.Dr. Seema Chandok and Dr. Lanka Mahesh
3.Dr. Praful Bali and Dr. Lanka Mahesh
4.Dr. Vikram Nagpal and Dr. Lanka Mahesh
5.Dr. Praful Bali and Dr. Vikram Nagpal
Answer – 3.Dr. Praful Bali and Dr. Lanka Mahesh
President Pranab Mukherjee received the first copies of two books – ‘Color Atlas of Oral Implants’ and ‘Conservative Dentistry – Basics’. The color atlas – authored by Dr. Praful Bali and Dr. Lanka Mahesh focuses on advanced procedures performed by the authors in the field of dental implantology. ‘Conservative Dentistry – Basics’, focuses on the basic fundamentals of the subject, with a lot of text, clinical pictures, and schematic diagrams for better understanding of students.
- ’Reang’ is a scheduled tribe of which Indian State?
Answer – 4.Tripura
In an attempt to document and preserve the cultural and social diversity of the Reang, a unique and detailed publication by Lincoln Reang, titled ‘Mapping with respect to Particularly Vulnerable Tribal Groups in Tripura’, is being published by the Tribal Research and Cultural Institute, Government of Tripura.
- What was the theme for the 2017 ‘International Day of UN Peacekeepers’, observed on May 29, 2017?
1.“Investing in Peace Around the World.”
2.“No More War”
3.“Global Peace for Sustainable Development”
4.“Global Peace and Inclusive Growth”
5.“Promoting Peace Through Policy Interventions”
Answer – 1.“Investing in Peace Around the World.”
International Day of UN Peacekeepers is observed to pay tribute to all the men and women who have served and continue to serve in United Nations peacekeeping operations for their high level of professionalism, dedication, and courage and to honor the memory of those who have lost their lives in the cause of peace.
- Who among the following will represent India at the Little Miss Universe beauty pageant that’s scheduled to be held in Georgia, US, starting May 31, 2017?
Answer – 2.Padmalaya Nanda
Padmalaya Nanda is a class VIII student at the Stewart School in Cuttack, and will be flying the Indian flag high in not one but two pageants. She has also been nominated to be India’s entry into the Little Miss World contest in Greece.
- Renu Satti has been appointed as CEO of:
2.Airtel Payments Bank
3.Paytm Payments Bank
Answer – 3.Paytm Payments Bank
Renu Satti had joined Paytm in 2006 as manager human resources and over the years, has been involved with various departments at the company. Most recently, she was heading the movie ticketing business as vice president. Before Paytm, she has worked with Mother Dairy and Manpower group.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.