AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz May 27 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC,CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams.We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- 52ndAnnual Meetings of the African Development Bank (AfDB) were held from 22ndto 26th May 2017 in:
3.Kolkata, West Bengal
4.Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Answer – 2.Gandhinagar, Gujarat
This is the first time that the Annual Meetings of AfDB were held in India. Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the 52nd Annual Meetings of AfDB. Annual Meeting of the Board of Governors of AfDB (comprising Finance Ministers of countries) and number of official, knowledge, and side events were held from 22nd to 26th May 2017.
- On May 22, 2017, which among the following countries signed the International Solar Alliance (ISA) framework agreement on the sidelines of African Development Bank (AfDB) meeting in Gandhinagar, Gujarat?
Answer – 1.Ghana
On May 22, 2017, Djibouti, Comoros, Cote d’Ivoire, Somalia and Ghana signed the International Solar Alliance (ISA) framework agreement on the sidelines of African Development Bank (AfDB) meeting in Gandhinagar, Gujarat. Out of these countries, Comoros and Nauru have even submitted the ratification instrument.
- Which among the following has earned the distinction of becoming India’s first city with electric mass mobility system?
Answer – 4.Nagpur
On May 26, 2017, Nagpur earned the distinction of becoming India’s first city with electric mass mobility system as Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis along with Union Surface Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari flagged off taxi aggregator Ola’s electronic vehicle (EV) services in the city.
- On May 26, 2017, who among the following flagged off the Slum Yuva Daud to mark the beginning of the Adopt Slum Campaign in Delhi?
5.Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore
On May 26, 2017, Minister of State (I/C) for Youth Affairs and Sports Shri Vijay Goel flagged off the Slum Yuva Daud in Delhi to mark the beginning of the Adopt Slum Campaign initiated by the Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports and Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan (NYKS). The run started from Delhi University’s Shankarlal Hall and ended at the Rugby Stadium with participation of about 5000 youngsters from various slums of Delhi.
- ‘India-Pacific Islands Sustainable Development Conference’ was held on 25th and 26th May 2017 in:
4.Port Louis, Mauritius
Answer – 1.Suva, Fiji
India’s Ministry of External Affairs hosted the ‘India-Pacific Islands Sustainable Development Conference’ in Suva, Fiji, on 25th and 26th May 2017.The conference was inaugurated by Aiyaz Sayed-Khaiyum, the Acting Prime Minister of Fiji.
- On May 27, 2017, 47-year-old Kami Rita Sherpascripted history by becoming the third climber to scale Mount Everest for a record ______times
Answer – 5.21 times
Kami Rita Sherpa became one of the three climbers in the world to hold the record for most of the summits on Mt Everest. Earlier, Apa Sherpa and Phurba Tashi Sherpa have scaled the highest peak 21 times.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) will observe financial literacy week from:
1.5th to 9th June 2017
2.12th to 16th June 2017
3.19th to 23rd June 2017
4.26th to 30th June 2017
5.3r to 7th July 2017
Answer – 1.5th to 9th June 2017
The financial literacy week will focus on four broad themes—know your customer (KYC), Exercising Credit Discipline, Grievance Redressal and Going Digital (UPI and *99#). The main objective of observing the financial literacy week is to emphasize the importance of financial literacy.
- Apple has opened its first Southeast Asia store in which country?
Answer – 4.Singapore
Apple opened its first Southeast Asia store in Singapore on May 28, 2017, drawing hundreds of excited fans to the swanky two-storey site in the city’s upmarket shopping district. Located on the affluent Orchard Road, the new shop is expected to be one of the most popular Apple stores in the world according to the US tech giant.
- As per an announcement by Government, which entity will now process the applications for grant of licence for manufacture of defence items?
4.Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP)
Answer – 4.Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP)
The government has said the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) will now process the applications for grant of licence for manufacture of defence items. Earlier, the home ministry was carrying out this exercise.
- On May 28, 2017, which company made operational, the largest integrated steel plant of Odisha with the commissioning of the country’s largest blast furnace at Angul?
1.Steel Authority of India
2.Jindal Steel and Power
Answer – 2.Jindal Steel and Power
The Angul steel plant has been expanded from two million tonne per annum (MTPA) to six MTPA. With the commissioning of the blast furnace, JSPL became India’s fourth largest steelmaker after JSW, SAIL and Tata Steel.
- On May 26, 2017, who among the following was presented “Dr. Ambedkar National Award for Social Understanding and upliftment of Weaker Sections” for the year 2011?
1.Professor S K Thorat
2.Professor J V Bhandari
3.Professor L I Rajyaguru
4.Professor P N Mankad
5.Professor O P Mishra
Answer – 1.Professor S K Thorat
On May 26, 2017, the President of India Shri Pranab Mukharjee presented the “Dr. Ambedkar National Award for Social Understanding and upliftment of Weaker Sections” for the year 2011, 2012 and 2014 at a function in Delhi. The award for the year 2011 was presented to Professor S.K. Thorat on New Delhi for his contributions towards the upliftment of the downtrodden. The award for the year 2012 was presented to Samta Sainik Dal for its extraordinary services. The award for the year 2014 was jointly presented to Shri Babu Lal Nirmal of Rajasthan for his extraordinary contributions in upholding the rights of poor persons in rural and urban areas of Baran District and to Amar Sewa Sangam of Tamil Nadu for its extraordinary services being extended for the welfare of the marginalized population of the society including the physically and mentally challenged persons.
- Who among the following has been elected as the Chairman of the International Fertilizer Association (IFA)?
Answer – 4.Rakesh Kapur
Rakesh Kapur, Joint Managing Director, Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative Limited (IFFCO), has been elected as the Chairman of the International Fertilizer Association (IFA) at the recent IFA’s Annual Conference held from May 22nd – 24th in Marrakech, Morocco in which 1400 participants were present.
- Vani Sarraju Rao has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to:
Answer – 1.Finland
Ms. Vani Sarraju Rao (IFS: 1994), presently Joint Secretary in the Ministry of External Affairs has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to Finland. She is expected to take up her assignment shortly.
- On May 26, 2017, Syed Ghayorul Hasan Rizvi assumed charge as the Chairman of:
1.National Commission for Scheduled Tribes
2.National Commission for Minorities
3.National Commission for Scheduled Castes
4.Staff Selection Commission
5.Union Public Service Commission
Answer – 2.National Commission for Minorities
On May 26, 2017, Syed Ghayorul Hasan Rizvi assumed charge as the Chairman of the National Commission for Minorities in New Delhi. Syed Ghayorul Hasan Rizvi is a graduate in Arts and also holds Diploma in Mechanics. He served as Chairman, U.P Minority Finance Development Corporation Ltd.
- World’s highest gain high-power laser amplifier, which could amplify sounds from rustling of leaves to that of a jumbo jet, has been developed in which country?
Answer – 3.UKExplanation :
The laser developed at the University of Strathclyde works on a relatively long, high-energy laser pulse that is made to collide in plasma with a short, very low energy pulse.
- NASA’s Juno space mission was launched in which year?
Answer – 3.2011
First science results from NASA’s Juno mission to Jupiter has revealed that Jupiter’s poles are covered in Earth-sized swirling storms that are densely clustered and rubbing together. The results also showed that Jupiter’s magnetic field is even stronger than models expected, and more irregular in shape.
- Scientists have discovered fossils of a new species of a large predatory marine reptile in _______ – dating back to 130 million years
Answer – 3.Russia
The fossils belong to a group of Plesiosaur marine reptiles – the most diverse and one of longest-lived aquatic four-limbed creatures, which possess an unusual body shape not seen in other marine vertebrates with four large flippers, a stiff trunk, and a highly varying neck length.
- Which among the following football club has won the Europa League title?
Answer – 2.Manchester United
Football club Manchester United has won the Europa League title after defeating Ajax Amsterdam in the final match. Owing to weak defence by Ajax, Manchester United built a two-goal lead early in the second half and retained it till the end.
- Wajahat Attre, who passed away on May 26, 2017, was a:
1.Former Pakistani Cricketer
3.Pakistani Nuclear Physicist
4.Pakistani Music Director
Answer – 4.Pakistani Music Director
Pakistan’s eminent music director Wajahat Attre, who composed the music of more than 200 films, passed away on May 26, 2017 in Lahore. He was 68. He worked with many eminent singers including Noor Jehan, Humera Channa, Saira Naseem, Shabnam Majeed, Saima Mumtaz and Azra Jahan.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.