AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz May 25 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC,CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams.We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- On May 24, 2017, Union Cabinet was apprised of the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and _______ on cooperation in the peaceful uses of outer space
Answer – 2.Bangladesh
This MoU envisages cooperation between India and Bangladesh in space science and planetary exploration, technology and applications including remote sensing of the earth, satellite communication and satellite based navigation, use of spacecraft, space systems and ground system and application of space technology.
- On May 25, 2017, Chief Minister of Puducherry, V Narayanasamy presented tax-free budget for the fiscal 2017-2018. How much is the total outlay for this budget?
Answer – 1.Rs.6945 crore
Total budget outlay of Rs.6945 crore comprises Rs. 4,445 crore for non-plan head and Rs. 2,500 crore under plan. During fiscal 2016-17, Puducherry Government incurred expenditure to the tune of Rs.6144 crore, which is the highest ever spending in the history of the Union Territory of Puducherry.
- Union Cabinet has given its approval to raise Bonds of Rs. 2360 crore for renewable energy through IREDA during 2017-18. Abbreviation IREDA stands for:
1.Integrated Renewable Energy Development Agency
2.Indian Renewable Energy Development Authority
3.Integrated Renewable Energy Development Authority
4.Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency
5.Integrated Renewable Energy Diversification Agency
Answer – 4.Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency
In Union Budget 2016-17, Government had allocated Rs. 4000 crore to IREDA to raise “GOI fully serviced taxable Bonds” on behalf of the Ministry of New & Renewable Energy (MNRE) during the FY 2016-17. So far, IREDA has raised Rs. 1640 crores as per the requirement of MNRE. The MNRE subsequently approached the Cabinet, to approve raising of balance Rs. 2360 crores.
- Which State Govt. has launched e-plant clinics for reaching out to the farmers and take the technological innovations and research to the field?
5.Jammu & Kashmir
Answer – 5.Jammu & Kashmir
Jammu and Kashmir Agriculture Minister Ghulam Nabi Lone Hanjura batted for making farmers aware of the latest technologies to enhance production in the sector. He made the remarks while launching the e-plant clinics, a workshop organised by Department of Agriculture in collaboration with Centre for Agriculture and Biosciences International (CABI), South Asia in Jammu.
- India’s first underwater rail tunnel has been completed ahead of schedule. This tunnel has been built under which river?
Answer – 1.Hooghly River
Engineers and employees of Afcons Transtonnelstroy and Kolkata Metro Railway Corporation Ltd, the two entities implementing the East West Metro have completed boring the country’s first tunnel under the Hooghly river for establishing metro link between Howrah and Kolkata. Rachna, a giant tunnel-boring machine (TBM), was deployed to dig the underwater tunnel that runs a length of 502 metres under the river.
- As per UN Habitat data, Mumbai ranks _________ in the list of 10 most densely populated cities in the world.
Answer – 1.second
Dhaka tops the list with 44500 people per sq km density while Mumbai with 31700 ranks second in the list of 10 most densely populated cities in the world. Kota in Rajasthan is world’s 7th most densely populated city.
- Top judges of which country have ruled in favour of gay marriage, paving the way for it to become the first country in Asia to do so?
Answer – 3.Taiwan
Taiwan’s highest court ruled that current laws preventing members of the same sex from marrying violated their right to equality and were unconstitutional. It gave parliament two years to amend existing laws or pass new ones.
- Which among the following banks has launched a national hackathon for developers, startups and students to come up with innovative ideas and solutions for the banking sector?
3.Bank of Baroda
4.State Bank of India
Answer – 4.State Bank of India
The hackathon, named ‘Code For Bank’, will focus on the business value, driven by technologies like predictive analytics, fin-tech/blockchain, digital payments, IoT (Internet of Things), artificial intelligence, machine learning, BOTS and robotic process automation.
- Reserve Bank of India has permitted all licensed co-operative banks having their own ATM network to issue semi-closed prepaid payment instruments (PPIs)like mobile wallets up to a limit of Rs. ____________
Answer – 1.Rs. 10000
A notification has been issued by RBI which enlists strict norms and conditions to be followed by co-operative banks before permitting them to issue wallets for utility bill payments and other activities up to a limit of Rs 10,000.
- Indian cabinet has approved Joint Declaration of Intent (JDI) for cooperation in the sector of alternative medicine with which country?
Answer – 2.Germany
The signing of the Joint Declaration of Intent (JDl) will enhance bilateral cooperation between India and Germany in the areas of traditional/alternative medicine. The JDI envisages collaborative research, training and scientific capacity building in the field of alternative medicine. This will create employment opportunities in the Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy (AYUSH).
- On May 25, 2017, state-run power equipment maker BHEL commissioned a 270 megawatt (MW) thermal unit in which district of Maharashtra?
Answer – 3.Nashik
The newly commissioned unit is part of Rattan India Nasik Power Ltd’s 5×270 MW thermal power project. BHEL said, so far it has successfully commissioned 14 sets of 270 MW rating in the country, including nine sets for the Rattan India group.
- Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) has allowed up to _____ % of vegetable fats in chocolates
Answer – 3.5%
Solvent Extractors Association, a premier vegetable oil Association, said FSSAI has issued notification dated 15th May, 2017, permitting addition of vegetable fats (from sal, kokum, mango kernel, palm oil, mahua oil dhupa, phulwara, dharambe, etc) to a maximum 5 per cent of the finished product.
- On May 24, 2017, which company announced the launch of new, customizable Direct Message Card that businesses can use to promote and share bots and other customer experiences built in Direct Messages?
Answer – 1.Twitter
Using a Direct Message Card, businesses can capture attention with engaging image or video creatives, and include up to four fully customizable call-to-action buttons. Each call-to-action button takes the user into a specific experience within Direct Messages. Businesses can also turn their audience into advocates by encouraging them to share the experience in their own voice through a Tweet.
- Which among the following is the highest ranked Indian firm in 2017 Forbes ‘Global 2000’ list?
1.State Bank of India
3.Reliance Industries Ltd.
4.LIC of India
Answer – 3.Reliance Industries Ltd.
Reliance Industries ranked 106th on 2017 Forbes ‘Global 2000’ list. Among Indian companies, Reliance Industries was followed State Bank of India at 244 and ONGC at 246. Indian private sector banks HDFC Bank (258), ICICI Bank (310), Axis Bank (463) and Kotak Mahindra Bank (744) are among the top 20 Indian companies in the overall list
- Who among the following became the second Indian to be inducted in the Badminton World Federation (BWF) Athletes’ Commission?
Answer – 3.PV Sindhu
On May 24, 2017, Indian badminton player P.V. Sindhu became the second Indian to be inducted in the Badminton World Federation (BWF) Athletes’ Commission. India’s Saina Nehwal is already in the BWF Athletes’ Commission.
- Who among the following has been appointed as the new Chairman of Internet and Mobile Association of India(IAMAI)?
Answer – 4.Rajan Anandan
Google’s vice-president for South East Asia and India, Rajan Anandan has been appointed new chairman of Internet and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI). He took over charge from FreeCharge’s co-founder and chief executive officer Kunal Shah.
- Union Minister Jitendra Singh has mentioned that as many as _______ government officers have been forced to retire in past few months in public interest for being non-performers.
1.129 government officers
2.119 government officers
3.109 government officers
4.99 government officers
5.89 government officers
Answer – 1.129 government officers
The action is part of review being done by the central government to check deadwood of its workforce. The punishment of compulsory retirement was given after reviewing service records of over 24,000 Group A officers and 42,251 Group B officers.
- Lenin Moreno has been sworn in as the President of which South American country?
Answer – 2.Ecuador
Lenin Moreno was sworn in as Ecuador’s president on May 24, 2017, following a tight electoral race that he won on promises of maintaining the social programs of his leftist predecessor, Rafael Correa.
- The incredibly rare Arisaema translucens, was recently rediscovered in the western Nilgiris after 84 years by nature enthusiasts K.M. Prabhu Kumar and Tarun Chhabra. Arisaema translucens is commonly known as:
Answer – 3.Cobra Lily
News of the discovery was published in May 2017 in Phytotaxa, a journal on botanical taxonomy. Barely a few hundred cobra lily plants are left in the wild and they can be found only in a small area measuring less than 10 square kilometres in the Nilgiris.
- Omar Hegazy of _______ has become the first amputee to swim across the Red Sea’s Gulf of Aqaba in under nine hours.
Answer – 4.Egypt
Omar Hegazy an Egyptian adventurer has become the first amputee to swim from Egypt to Jordan, crossing a 20-kilometre (12.4 miles) stretch of the Red Sea’s Gulf of Aqaba last month in under nine hours. Omar Hegazy, a 26-year-old banker, lost his left leg two years ago in a motorcycle accident.
- On May 24, 2017, Union Cabinet has approved the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Spain in the field of:
3.Organ Transplant Services
4.Art and Culture
Answer – 3.Organ Transplant Services
Union Cabinet has approved the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between Directorate General of Health Services under Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and National Transplant Organization under Spain’s Ministry of Health, Social Services and Equality, on cooperation in the organ and tissue procurement and transplantation services. The knowledge gained, will help in improving the services rendered to the patients suffering from end stage organ failure.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.