Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs May 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs May 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
- Which day is considered to be the International Day to End Obstetric Fistula was observed worldwide to raise awareness about obstetric fistula?
A.20 June 2016
B.24 May 2016
C.23 April 2016
D.23 May 2016
Answer – D.23 May 2016
The Day was observed for the first time in 2013. This year with the theme of End fistula within a generation. UNFPA launched a global Campaign in 2003 along with its members, to End Fistula in line with international targets to improve maternal health and with the goal of scale down the number of obstetric fistula patients, especially across the world
- Who is the Former Communist party leader and Member of Parliament passed away due to old age related ailments?
Answer – C.K Anirudhan
Anirudhan is an active trade union leader and in 1967 Lok Sabha elections he represented from Attingal constituency. He was also part of the CPM’s state committee earlier was elected to the Kerala Legislative Assembly three times.
- Which organisation from India is amongst the Ten global grassroots organizations receiving the Intercultural Innovation Award (IIA) ?
D.Routes 2 Roots
Answer – D.Routes 2 Roots
Routes 2 Roots have been awarded the IIA Award for their unique Student Exchange Program which allowed Children in schools from India and Pakistan to connect through written, audio and visual recordings that share history before partition, thereby eliminating misunderstandings about each other’s cultures.
- Which country has bagged the 2016 Thomas Cup badminton tournament where in the final match played at Kunshan, China?
Answer – B.Denmark
The Danish team defeated Indonesia 3-2. In the fifth and final set, Danish Hans-Kristian Vittinghus defeated Indonesian Ihsan Maulana Mustofa in two straight games 21-16 and 21-7. Denmark team has won the trophy after a 67-year jinx also makes first ever win in the international tournament.
- Which prominent snooker made history by clinching the Asian 6-Red Snooker title in Abu Dhabi?
Answer – A.Pankaj Advani
Pankaj has become the first in the world to hold both world and continental titles at the same time in 6-red snooker as he had earlier won the IBSF World 6 Red Championship. He was Padma Shri back in 2009 and Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna in 2005-06.
- Which Codenamed Cyclone has battered the coast of southern Bangladesh that kills 23 people in floods and rain-triggered landslides?
Answer – A.Roanu
With a wind speed of up to 88 kilometres per hour while heading east-northeastward, the cyclone hit the Barisal- Chittagong region, producing impacts across the nation. Earlier the country was hit by the cyclone Aila in 2009 killed 300 people while in 2007 Cyclone Sidra claimed 4,000 lives.
- Union of Minister of State and Youth Services and Sports, Dr. Jitendra Singh has laid the foundation stone of bridge at which state?
D.Jammu & Kashmir
Answer – D.Jammu & Kashmir
Union Minister of State in PMO with IC of North Eastern States and Youth Services and Sports, Dr Jitendra Singh has laid the foundation stone of bridge at Ujh Bridge in Kathua district of Jammu and Kashmir.
- The Union Defence Minister visited which country at the Invitation of Defence Affairs Minster to attend the reception at Sultan Qaboos Port?
Answer – B.Oman
The Union Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar set to visit to the Sultanate of Oman from 20 to 22 May 2016 at the invitation of Oman Defense Affairs Minister Bader Bin Saud Bin Harib Al Busaidi.
- Rajasthan State Bundi Region is set to get _____________________ council to provide files at a click and detailed digital mapping with a database of its demographical and Geographical Information.
Answer – B.e-municipal
Rajasthan’s Bundi is all set get an e-municipal council to provide files at a click, and detailed digital mapping with a database of its demographical and geographical information.
- Who has been honored with “Yug Kavi Sidhicharan award” given by the Nepal Prime Minister KP Sharma for his contributions towards promoting Nepali Literature in India?
D.Chandra Babu Naidu
Answer – A.Pawan Chamling
Sikkim Chief Minister Pawan Chamling was honoured with‘Yug Kavi Siddhicharan Award’ and the award is given by the Nepal Prime Minister K P Sharma.
- Prime Minister maiden visit to Iran and had discussion with Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei and Iran President Hassan Rouhani for which development?
B.Trilateral transit pact including Afghanistan
C.Launched Multimedia Website and mobile
D.All the Above
Answer – D.All the above
Prime Minister first visit to Iran and the first by an Indian Prime Minister in 15 years. PM Modi had discussion with Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei and Iran President Hassan Rouhani. India and Iran sign 12 bilateral agreements including Chabahar port development. India, Iran, Afghanistan ink historic trilateral transit pact. The Persian service of All India Radio has launched a multimedia website and mobile app.
- Who has won the Palme D’Or award at the 69th Cannes Film festival for best picture category and he was awarded for the second time?
D.None of the above
Answer – A.Ken Loach
British director Ken Loach has won his second Palme D’Or at the 69th Cannes film festival for best picture at the festival after his earlier award for the Wind That Shakes the Barley.
- Who has sworn-in as Tamil Nadu Chief Minister on the row of Continuous Second Time by claiming 134 seats in 232 seats?
Answer – B.J Jayalalitha
AIADMK general secretary Jayalalithaa was sworn in as Tamil Nadu Chief Minister for a record of Sixth Time by Governor K. Rosaiah with Twenty Eight ministers. ADMK won 134 seats out of 232 seats
- Lieutenant General S K Saini assumed the office of commandant of the prestigious _________________ and he served as senior directing staff in NDA.
A.Indian Military Academy
B.Combined Defence services
D.National Defence College
Answer – A.Indian Military Academy
Lieutenant General S K Saini assumed the office of commandant of the prestigious Indian Military Academy (IMA) in Dehradun. Prior to his new appointment Saini was earlier a senior directing staff in National Defence College in New Delhi.
- Indigenous technology demonstrator of reusable launch vehicle tested with rocket successfully and launched at Sriharikota in Andhra Pradesh. Name the Rocket?
Answer – C.RLV-TD
Indigenous technology demonstrator of reusable launch vehicle tested with rocket RLV-TD, successfully in Sriharikota in Andhra Pradesh. Capable of launching satellites into orbit around earth and reentering the atmosphere.
- Which INS joined in the Indian Navy for deployment of coastal Patrol and Surveillance operations along the East Coast of India?
D.None of the above
Answer – D.None of the above
The Indian Navy commissioned indigenously built Fast Attack Craft INS Tarmugli for deployment of coastal patrol and surveillance operations along the East Coast of India. This is the first Follow-on WaterJet Fast Attack Craft.