Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs May 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs May 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
- Women and Child Development Minister Maneka Gandhi drafted the new decision for Women to deal the issues against the Women. What is the name of the policy?
A.National Policy for Women 2016
B.National Women Decision 2016
C.Women Protection Policy 2016
D.Policy for Women against Illegal 2016
Answer – A.National Policy for Women 2016
Women and Child Development Minister Maneka Gandhi drafted the National Policy for Women 2016 to deal the issues related to housing, single women and cyber crime against of women
- Which State Government has initiated to set up world’s largest Single Rooftop Solar Power Plant of 11.5W Capacity?
Answer – C.Punjab
World’s largest single rooftop stretch of 42 acre solar power plant of 11.5 MW capacity was installed in India. Inauguration by New & Renewable Energy Resources Minister of Punjab Bikram Singh Majithia at Beas in Punjab
- World AIDS Vaccine Day is observed every year on which date to make awareness for a vaccine to prevent HIV infection and AIDS?
Answer – B.May 18th
This awareness day marked by promoting the continued urgent need for a vaccine to prevent HIV infection and AIDS. The AIDS Vaccine Day is coined in 1997 by President Bill Clinton. The first World AIDS Vaccine Day was observed on May 18, 1998.
- French Astrophysicist Andre Brahic who has been passed away at age of 73. The Astrophysicist is famous for discovery of _________________
A.Existence of water in Mars
D.Existence of Atmosphere
Answer – C.Neptune Rings
French astrophysicist Andre Brahic, He is known forthe rings of Neptune, has died of cancer in Paris, at the age of 73.
- Who has been named as England’s Test and One Day International Cricketer of the year during England Cricket Board Annual Awards?
D.None of the Above
Answer – A.Joe Root
Eminent England Cricket Batsman Joe Root has been honored with England’s Test and One Day International Cricketer of the year during England Cricket Board Annual Awards
- Jammu & Kashmir Wildlife Department has identified that Eight Himalayan brown bears in which area had bring about destruction with their habitats?
Answer – B.Kargil
J&K Wildlife Department has spotted eight Himalayan brown bears in Kargil’s Drass Sector, where the 1999 war had bring about destruction with their habitats.
- India successfully test fires its indigenously developed nuclear capable _______________ missiles strike range of 350Km.
Answer – C.Prithvi II
India has successfully blasted off its indigenously developed nuclear capable Prithvi-II missiles part of a user trial by the army from a launch complex-3 of the Integrated Test Range (ITR) at Chandipur in Odisha.
- Shell India appointed new chairman to take charge from October 2012 to run the day to day activities of the Company. Who is he/she?
Answer – A.Nitin Prasad
Shell India appointed Nitin Prasad as the new chairman; he will take charge from October. Prior to his new appointment Prasad is currently the cluster general manager for lubricants sales and marketing for India, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh.
- Which organization signed Memorandum of Understanding National Safai Karamcharis Finance and Development Corporation (NSKFDC) to focus on Entrepreneurship and Skill Development?
Answer – C.Ola
Cab aggregator Ola has signed a MoU with National Safai Karamcharis Finance and Development Corporation (NSKFDC) to focus on building a sustainable framework by supporting entrepreneurship, skill development training and self-defence courses for Safai Karamcharis and Scavengers.
- State Bank of India has planned to merge how many associate banks to acquire their businesses including assets and liabilities?
D.None of these
Answer – D.None of these
Country’s largest lender State Bank of India has planned to merge its five associate banks and also to merge Bharatiya Mahila Bank.
- Which bank is to shut its banking operations in India having given up on efforts to find a buyer as the planned to reduce its international operations to 13 countries?
B.Royal Bank of Scotland
D.Bank of America
Answer – B.Royal Bank of Scotland
The Bank planned to shut its 10 retail branches, as it exits the country as part of a plan to reduce its global footprint. It has less than 400 employees in India. The UK lender started seeking buyers in 2015 and drew interest from local lender IDFC and Singapore based DBS Holdings.
- Which organisation released World Cities Report 2016 – Urbanisation and Development: Emerging Futures’?
Answer – A.UN
UN reported that India is planned to add 300 million new urban residents by 2050 and it is required to build Climate Friendly cities to deal the challenge of accommodating the needs of the Population growth.
- The country’s first driverless-metro train was tested on track in which city, equipped to run on Unattended Train Operations mode?
Answer – D.Delhi
The train was flagged off by Urban Development Minister Venkaiah Naidu and Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal at new Mukundpur depot.
- Union government has opened a Tatkal window to fast-track proposals for which area to obtain faster clearances and cut down the time period?
Answer – C.Patent
Start-ups by new applicants that fills the criteria allowed to use this route for obtaining faster clearances. This move is to streamline the patent regime also for expeditious clearance of applications by start-ups or those entities that opt for India as a place for first filing of patent.
- Which company launched the new App called Group Sharing to share content and commentary, Grouping messaging style and any topics?
D.None of these
Answer – B.Google
Google launched Group-Sharing App Spaces to let out users easily share content and commentary, group-messaging style, on any topics they wish. With this it is simple to find and share articles, videos and images without leaving the app, since Google Search, YouTube, and Chrome come built on.