AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz May 14 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC,CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams.We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- On May 12, 2017, Gujarat State Government launched implementation of the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna (Gramin) in which five districts of the state?
1.Ahmedabad, Surat, Anand, Aravalli and Kheda.
2.Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar, Anand, Aravalli and Kheda.
3.Vadodara, Gandhinagar, Anand, Aravalli and Kheda.
4.Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar, Anand, Aravalli and Rajkot.
5.Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar, Anand, Jamnagar and Kheda.
Answer – 2.Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar, Anand, Aravalli and Kheda.
On May 12, 2017, Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani launched implementation of the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna(Gramin) at a function in Anand district. He distributed approval letters and booklet of model designs to over 14,000 homeless family-beneficiaries in rural areas of five districts, namely Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar, Anand, Aravalli and Kheda.
- _________________, a health worker in Ganjam district of Odisha, has bagged the prestigious Florence Nightingale award 2017
Answer – 1.Krishna Kumari
Fifty-year-old woman Krishna Kumari received the award from President Pranab Mukherjee at a function at the Rastrapati Bhawan in New Delhi on May 12, 2017 on the occasion of International Nurses Day. The award carries a citation, a medal and a cheque of Rs 50,000.
- Which state has secured first rank on this year’s Public Affairs Index (PAI), compiled on basis of a survey by Bengaluru-based think-tank Public Affairs Centre (PAC)?
Answer – 3.Kerala
In the overall rankings of large states, Kerala was followed by Tamil Nadu at second position and Gujarat at third position. This year’s bottom three large states – Bihar (18th), Jharkhand (17th) and Odisha (16th) – ranked at the same position even in 2016.
- Which State Govt. has decided to sign memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Centre under Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana (PMBJP)to provide subsidised medicines in the state?
Answer – 4.Goa
The MoU between Centre and Goa Govt. will be signed in June 2017 in presence of Chief Minister of Goa, Manohar Parrikar. Under the MoU, all pharmacy stores run by Goa State Govt. would be converted into ‘Jan Aushadi Kendra’ in a phased manner.
- Which entity has collaborated with the British Geological Survey to turn Varanasi into a smart city?
1.Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) – Kharagpur
2.Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) – Kanpur
3.Indian Institute of Management (IIM) – Ahmedabad
4.Indian Institute of Management (IIM) – Bangalore
5.Union Ministry of Urban Development
Answer – 1.Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) – Kharagpur
Three dimensional geological modelling of the geology under Varanasi will be prepared, that will help in building new transport and service infrastructure. The project includes application of geo-scientific methods such as drilling and remote sensing. It will be first of its kind 3D subsurface urban study and planning in India
- On May 14, 2017, __________________ and Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Edappadi K Palaniswamy jointly inaugurated 7.4 km long stretch of Chennai Metro Train service in Chennai.
1.President Pranab Mukherjee
2.Prime Minister Narendra Modi
3.Union Urban Development Minister, Venkaiah Naidu
4.Union Railway Minister, Suresh Prabhu
5.Union Minister for Road Transport, Highways and Shipping, Nitin Gadkari
Answer – 3.Union Urban Development Minister, Venkaiah Naidu
With this inauguration, 28 km stretch of the total of 54 km stretch under first phase has been made operational. Pending work under first phase is expected to be completed by end of 2017.
- First outreach programme of the Ministry of External Affairs, ‘Videsh Sampark’ was held in:
Answer – 3.Hyderabad
First outreach programme of the Ministry of External Affairs, ‘Videsh Sampark’ was hosted in Telangana. The conference was held on May 13, 2017 in Hyderabad. It was inaugurated by Gen. V.K. Singh – Minister of State for External Affairs.
- India has ranked ______ in World Bank’s electricity accessibility rankingfor the current year
Answer – 4.26thExplanation :
India has ranked 26th in World Bank’s electricity accessibility ranking for the current year. This marks a remarkable jump of 73 places from 99th rank in 2014. This improvement has been on account of several initiatives taken by Indian Govt.
- ______________ is the second Bank after IDBI Bank against which ‘Prompt Corrective Action’ has been invoked by RBI?
4.Bank of India
5.Punjab National Bank
Answer – 1.UCO Bank
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has initiated “prompt corrective action” (PCA) on Kolkata-based public sector lender UCO Bank on account of high bad loans and negative return on assets. After the recent revision of the “prompt corrective action” framework, UCO bank is the second Bank after IDBI Bank against which PCA has been invoked by RBI.
- Who among the following Indian-origin venture capitalist has featured in Forbes Magazine’s ‘Midas 2017’which ranks world’s 100 best venture capitalists in the technology space?
Answer – 2.Naresh Agrawal
11 Person of Indian Origin (PIOs) have featured in Forbes Magazine’s ‘Midas 2017’ which ranks world’s 100 best venture capitalists in the technology space. Naresh Agrawal who ranked highest among Indian venture capitalists, has featured in Midas List for the 7th consecutive time.
- Govardhan Eco Village, set up by the International Society for Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON) in adjoining _____ district, has won ‘Smart Village’ award for being a sustainable project in rural Maharashtra.
Answer – 3.Thane
The award, “Smart Village,” has been instituted by the India Trade Promotion Organisation (ITPO), which also gives awards in various other categories. The award was received by Nimai Lila Das, Chief Sustainability Officer of Govardhan Eco Village, in New Delhi on May 13, 2017.
- On May 12, 2017, a massive ransomware cyber attack dubbed ______ hit hospitals, major companies and government offices in 99 countries.
Answer – 4.’WannaCry’
‘WannaCry’ is a ransomware which locks down all the files on an infected computer and asks the computer’s administrator to pay ransom in order to regain control of them. As per initial calculations, around 5% of all computers affected in the attack were located in India.
- Archaeological workers have unearthed an ancient human burial site with at least 17 intact mummies near which city of Egypt?
Answer – 1.Minya
These mummies have been discovered at a depth of about 25 feet. The mummies are believed to be more than 1,500 years old, and date to Egypt’s Greco-Roman period. Archaeologists believe that this burial site may hold as many as 32 mummies.
- Which Indian Para-Athlete won a gold medal in the 200m race at World Para Athletics Grand Prix, Beijing?
2.Ramudri Someshwara Rao
3.Shiv Prakash Singh
5.Atul Mohan Patowary
Answer – 2.Ramudri Someshwara Rao
India claimed a gold medal and a bronze medal at the World Para Athletics Grand Prix being held in Beijing, China. Ramudri Someshwara Rao won a gold medal in the 200m race and Shot putter Hokato Sema won bronze at World Para Athletics Grand Prix, Beijing.
- What was the 2017 theme of ‘International Mother’s Day’?
2.“Motherhood and Health”
3.“Every Mother knows”
4.“Motherhood and Social Order”
5.“Motherhood and Education”
Answer – 3.“Every Mother knows”
Every year, second Sunday of May is celebrated as Mother’s Day to honour the mother and motherhood. The day was founded by Anna Jarvis. She is known as the Founder of Mother’s Day (also famous as Mother of Mothers Day) in the US.
- Every year, World Fair Trade Day is observed on:
4.Second Saturday of May
5.Second Sunday of May
Answer – 4.Second Saturday of May
World Fair Trade Day takes place on the second Saturday of May each year to bring together the fair trade movement in a global day of activation for real change. On this day, citizen groups, volunteers and activists around the world participate in World Fair Trade Day to promote and create awareness about fair trade.
2017 theme: ‘Human Chains for Fair Trade and the Planet’
- Tunisia is planning to seek UNESCO World Heritage status for the __________, site of Africa’s oldest synagogue and an annual Jewish pilgrimage
1.Island of Boa Vista
2.Island of La Digue
3.Island of Djerba
4.Island of Unguja
5.Island of Aldabra
Answer – 3.Island of Djerba
Island of Djerba is home to centuries-old mosques, churches and synagogues. UNESCO has already listed eight sites in Tunisia, including the old cities of Tunis and Sousse and the city of Carthage, once the capital of the Mediterranean-wide Phoenician empire.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.