Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs May 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs May 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
- India will start imposing capital gains tax on investments routed through __________from April next year under a revised tax treaty.
Answer – D.Mauritius
Mauritius and Singapore are among the top-most sources of foreign direct investments into India. The signing of the protocol with Mauritius follows decade-long negotiations. Amended treaty with Mauritius from two years beginning April 1, 2017, capital gains tax will be imposed at 50 per cent of the prevailing domestic rate. Full rate will apply from April 1, 2019.
- The ________nations composing the South Asia Initiative to End Violence Against Children (SAIEVAC) are assembled.
Answer – B.eight
The purpose is to set strategies and agree on commitments to ensure the protection and security of the children of the region. The 4th Ministerial Meeting carries forward the collective inter governmental ownership of SAIEVAC, which is reflected in its Governing Body composed of official members, representing each of the eight governments. The eight nations are Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
- Commerce Minister ___________________ has passed the Industries (Development and Regulation) Amendment Bill, 2015 with Lok Sabha approving some technical amendments.
C.M. Venkaiah Naidu
Answer – D.Nirmala Sitharaman
The bill seeks to transfer from the Centre to states the control over industries engaged in the production of potable alcohol. The bill was introduced by Commerce Minister Nirmala Sitharaman in the Lok Sabha. It was earlier approved by the Rajya Sabha last month and certain changes were adopted by the Lower House.
- Former _____________Chief Minister and Congress leader Harish Rawat won the Assembly floor test and the Centre has informed the Supreme Court that it will revoke President’s Rule in the state.
Answer – B.Uttarakhand
Harish got the support from 33 of the 61 MLAs who voted. The floor test aka trust vote, was held to ascertain whether the ousted chief minister still enjoys a majority in the House.Union government has imposed President’sRule in Uttarakhand in March citing Rawat lost his majority.
- Election Commission will be sending out ‘Meghdoot‘ postcards to three lakh voters inviting them to cast their votes in the May 16 Assembly polls in ____________.
Answer – C.Puducherry
Joint Chief Electoral Officer Rudra Goud handed the cards to 30 postmen at the Head Post office of the Union Territory to ensure that voters turn up in overwhelming numbers. In the drive cards carry a message that visually challenged voters will also have the Braille voting system also assistance would also be provided to orthopedically and physically challenged persons to cast their ballots.
- Union government has set up a new panel to prepare a draft national policy on ____________after ascertaining the current status of exploitation of the resources.
Answer – D.marine fishery
Minister of State for Agriculture Sanjeev Kumar Balyan informed in Lok Sabha. A committee was constituted on July 28, 2015, under the chairmanship of S Ayyapan, former director general of the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR).
- The ___________to India Defence Technology and Partnership Act introduced a legislation passed by Congress.
Answer – A.US
To elevate the status of the Indo US defence relationship on par with that of America’s closest allies like NATO and Israel. The legislation has been sent to the Senate Foreign Relations Committee for necessary action. US government’s focus on the US India security relationship while sending a powerful signal to India that the US is a reliable and dependable defence partner.
- The Almatti Dam is located in Which state ?
Answer – D.KeralaExplanation :
The Almatti Dam is a hydroelectric project on the Krishna River in North Karnataka, India which was completed in July 2005. The target annual electric output of the dam is 560 MU
- U.N. Secretary General _______________ submitted report on May 09, 2016 regarding Fight against AIDS.
A.Javier Pérez de Cuéllar
D.Ban Ki Moon
Answer – D.Ban Ki Moon
To Fight against AIDS threatened by lack of money and leadership. Global progress fighting AIDS could be lost because prevention programs are suffering from a lack of leadership, accountability and funding. Track to end the AIDS epidemic reveals that the extraordinary acceleration of progress made over the past 15 years. To ensure that the global AIDS epidemic is ended as a public health threat by 2030.
- ____________executed Islamist party Chief Motiur Rahman Nizami for convicted criminal during the 1971 war of independence from Pakistan.
Answer – B.Bangladesh
The Jamaat leader was hanged at Dhaka Central jail, after the Supreme Court rejected his final plea against a death sentence imposed by a special tribunal for genocide, rape and arranging the massacre of top intellectuals during the war.
- ____________based Reserve Bank of Indiais mulling to issue banknotes of 1000 rupees denominations with inset letter ‘R’ in both the number panels.
Answer – B.Mumbai
The banknotes will also have on the obverse side that all the other security features, including ascending size of numerals, bleed lines and enlarged identification marks. These banknotes will bear signature of RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan. It will also have the year of printing 2016 printed on the reverse side.
- The National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority fixed the ceiling price of ___drug formulations used for treatment of cancer and other diseases.
Answer – B.54
The regulator has fixed/revised ceiling prices of Schedule-I under Drugs Price Control Amendment Order, 2016 and Retail Price of 11 formulations under-2013 Amendment. Union government fixes the prices of essential drugs based on the simple average of all medicines in a particular therapeutic segment, having sales of more than 1%.
- _____________based National Aluminium Company has signed an MoU with Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC), Mumbai, for research and development cooperation in the fields of mutual interest.
Answer – C.Bhubaneswar
The pact was signed by BK Satpathy, Executive Director of NALCO and Jagtap, Director of BARC. It will be NALCO’s first R&D project with BARC for R&D projects like Extraction of Gallium from Bayer liquor, Extraction of rare earth elements from Red Mud and Development of Reference Standards would be taken up.
- Kepler space telescope helped NASA’s discovery that results with ________new planets outside our solar system, more than doubling the number of known exoplanets.
Answer – D.1284
This Findings makes hope that somewhere out there, around a star much like ours, we can eventually discover another Earth. Unmanned Kepler space works by observing a dimming in the light of star, known as a transit observatory was launched back in 2009, has been scanning 150,000 stars for signs of orbiting bodies.
- Indian Navy has launched Harbour Defence Systems at the Naval Dockyard in ________________.
Answer – C.Visakhapatnam
Surveillance System (IUHDSS),Sea Harrier 3.Mine Warfare Data Centre (MWDC).
These state-of-the-art systems would enhance the Navy’s surveillance capability and response to security threats. Navy’s Vice Admiral Bisht, AVSM Flag Officer commanding-in-Chief, Eastern Naval Command inaugurated the two systems.
- Mumbai based Reliance Jio has launched digital wallet service called ………. for common people.
Answer – D.JioMoney
With this users can do mobile and DTH recharges, send/receive money, make bill payments, pay insurance and other premiums et al. JioMoney is powered by 4G small cell technology. This JioMoney is like already existing digital payment platforms such as PayTm, FreeCharge that will allow people to make cashless transactions at various outlets including both online shopping platforms and offline stores.
- Recently who among the following is appointed as the secretary of Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (I & B) ?
A.Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore
D.Mihir Kumar Singh
Answer – B.Ajay Mittal
Shri Ajay Mittal, IAS (Himachal Pradesh: 1982) assumed charge as Secretary in the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting on superannuation of Shri Sunil Arora IAS on 30.04.2016. Prior to his appointment, Shri Mittal was Additional Chief Secretary, Government of Himachal Pradesh, Shimla.