Affairs cloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz May 10 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC,CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams.We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- India has embarked on an ambitious Rs 10,000-crore ____________ Mission to explore and harness mineral resources beneath the ocean floor.
1.Blue Water Mission
2.Deep Ocean Mission
3.Aqua Horizon Mission
4.Sea Mineral Mission
5.Samudra Manthan MissionAnswer – 2.Deep Ocean Mission
This proposed inter-ministerial and interdisciplinary project is expected to begin from December 2017. It is intended to harness ocean resources in a “responsible way” and could turn out to be a transformative step for the prosperity and security of the nation.
- Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI)has recommended measures to cut down consumption of unhealthy food products and reducing the rising burden of chronic diseases like cancer and diabetes. Who is the current Chairperson of FSSAI?
5.Shekhar AgarwalAnswer – 3.Ashish Bahuguna
FSSAI’s 11-member panel on ‘Consumption of Fat, Sugar and Salt (FSS) and its health effects on Indian population’ has proposed a set of measures, including tax, strict labelling norms and ban on advertisements of unhealthy food products.
- On May 10, 2017, who among the following launched the Integrated Case Management System of the Supreme Court?
1.President Pranab Mukherjee
2.Vice President Hamid Ansari
3.Prime Minister Narendra Modi
4.Union Law Minister, Ravi Shankar Prasad
5.Chief Justice of India, J S KheharAnswer – 3.Prime Minister Narendra Modi
This system will serve as a digital repository for case-related information, enabling litigants to access data and retrieve information online. All records of cases (pertaining to all stages) at district court or high court will be available in digital form.
- Central Govt. has set-up a high-level task force to fine tune jobs data so that the government can frame policies to spur employment. This task force is headed by:
3.S S Mundra
5.Arvind PanagariyaAnswer – 5.Arvind Panagariya
The task force will recommend solutions which can be implemented in a time-bound manner. Other members of this task force are labour secretary Sathiyavathy, chief statistician TCA Ananth, Pulak Ghosh of Niti Aayog and Teamlease chief Manish Sabharwal.
- Which scheme will be launched by National Book Trust (NBT) to organise regular book fairs in rural areas across the country?
1.’Panchayat Pustak Mela’
2.’Grameen Pustak Mela’
3.’Pradeshik Pustak Mela’
4.’Rural Pustak Mela’
5.’Village Pustak Mela’Answer – 1.’Panchayat Pustak Mela’
The National Book Trust (NBT), an autonomous institution under the Ministry of Human Resource Development, is planning to host book fairs at the panchayat level to encourage the reading habit in villages.
- Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) has offered delivery of rail tickets allowing passengers to make payment through any payment mode, including cash. IRCTC was formed in which year?
5.2005Answer – 2.1999
Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation has now introduced pay-on-delivery service allowing passengers to book train tickets online and pay at the time of delivery. This facility can be availed through IRCTC’s website and mobile app.
- International Court of Justice (ICJ) at The Hague has stayed the execution of Indian national __________________, who was awarded death sentence by a Pakistan military court on charges of terrorism and spying.
5.Sanjay LenkaAnswer – 4.Kulbhushan Jadhav
In a major breakthrough in the Government of India’s efforts to save former Indian naval officer Kulbhushan Jadhav from the death sentence awarded to him by a Pakistan military court on charges of terrorism and spying for India’s intelligence agency Research and Analysis Wing, the International Court of Justice (ICJ) at The Hague has stayed his execution. In a petition to the ICJ, India had accused Pakistan of gross violation of international laws.
- On May 9, 2017, Reserve Bank of India (RBI)extended the deadline for companies undertaking billing business under the Bharat Bill Payment System (BBPS) up to:
1.June 30, 2017
2.September 30, 2017
3.December 31, 2017
4.March 31, 2018
5.June 30, 2018Answer – 3.December 31, 2017
The extension has been granted on account of difficulties expressed by various entities in meeting the deadline. The extension is for those companies intending to become an agent of an authorised Bharat Bill Payment Operating Unit (BBPOU) or wants to exit the business of bill payments.
- As per Securities and Exchange Board of India(SEBI)’s guidelines, investors can now invest up to Rs _______ per MF per financial year through e-wallets.
5.Rs.125000Answer – 2.Rs.50000
This move is part of the efforts to promote digital payments in the MF industry and channelise household savings into the capital market. The new facilities would come into force with immediate effect.
- Which actress has been named the best director for her directorial debut ‘A Death in the Gunj’ and the best actress for ‘Lipstick Under My Burkha’ at 2017’s New York Indian Film Festival (NYIFF)?
5.Gul PanagAnswer – 3.Konkona Sensharma
Konkona, won the award for directing the drama thriller, which stars Kalki Koechlin, Vikrant Massey, Jim Sarbh and Tanuja. She received the top honour for her performance in Alankrita Shrivastava’s ‘Lipstick Under My Burkha’.
- Moon Jae-in has been elected as President of which Asian country?
5.ThailandAnswer – 4.South Korea
Moon Jae-in is the son of refugees from North Korea, Mr Moon served in South Korea’s Special Forces before becoming a human rights lawyer. He was jailed in the 1970s for leading protests against military ruler Park Chung-hee.
- Microblogging platform Twitter has elevated ___________ as its Country Director for India
5.Taranjeet SinghAnswer – 5.Taranjeet Singh
Taranjeet Singh was earlier in charge for sales and marketing support for Twitter’s advertisers in India. In his new role, Mr.Singh will lead the team by driving an integrated business strategy and spearheading cross-functional collaboration.
- Which Digital Marketing Agency has acquired BlogX, India’s largest blog conference where bloggers and content managers connect?
5.TechvistaAnswer – 4.Techmagnate
Techmagnate is a full-fledged Digital Marketing agency that specializes in SEO, PPC, Content Marketing, Social Media and Website Designing. It is rated as one of the best digital agency offering digital marketing services in India.
- Indian Railways will float global tenders to acquire EoTT system to run trains without guards. Abbreviation EoTT stands for:
1.End of Train Transit
2.End of Train Telemetry
3.Evolution of Train Transit
4.Evolution of Train Telemetry
5.Evolution of Train TopographyAnswer – 2.End of Train Telemetry
The Indian Railways will float global tenders worth over Rs 100 crore for acquiring sophisticated equipment to run 1000 trains without guards. The End of Train Telemetry (EoTT) equipment is used to establish communication between the locomotive driver and the last wagon of the train to ensure that the train is running with all coaches/wagons as a complete unit.
- Which among the following has become the first company ever to have market capitalisation of nearly $800 billion?
5.AppleAnswer – 5.Apple
In yet another milestone, Apple’s market capitalisation briefly soared past $800 billion threshold, making it the first company ever with such a mammoth valuation. Apple’s shares closed up 2.7 per cent for the day at $153.01 on May 8, 2017, taking the company to a market value of $797.8 billion.
- Which two minesweeper ships of Indian Navy were decommissioned on May 9, 2017?
1.INS Kakinada and INS Kozhikode
2.INS Karwar and INS Kozhikode
3.INS Konkan and INS Kakinada
4.INS Karwar and INS Kakinada
5.INS Karwar and INS KonkanAnswer – 4.INS Karwar and INS Kakinada
On May 9, 2017, two minesweepers of Indian Navy – INS Karwar and INS Kakinada, were decommissioned at the Naval Dockyard in Mumbai in presence of Indian Navy Chief Sunil Lanba. Both these ships were commissioned in year 1986.
- The National Basketball Association (NBA) -the governing body of Basketball in US inaugurated its first ever academy in India in:
1.Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh
5.Kolkata, West BengalAnswer –1.Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh
21 boys in the age group of 12 to 17 years who were selected through a 3-month nationwide basketball talent search comprise the first batch of academy. The selected boys will receive scholarships and will be provided training at the academy.
- Who among the following holds the record as highest wicket-taker in women’s one-day international?
5.Anuja PatilAnswer – 2.Jhulan Goswami
Indian fast bowler, Jhulan Goswami now holds the record as highest wicket-taker in women’s one-day international. In the ongoing Women’s Quadrangular Series in South Africa, Jhulan managed to get 3 wickets in a match against South African team, which took her career total to 181 wickets in 153 matches.
- Which country has lifted a ban on its rugby union for hosting international events after it made progress in improving racial diversity in the sport?
5.New ZealandAnswer – 4.South Africa
The South African government imposed the ban last year having pushed for the country’s main sports to create more opportunities for black players and administrators more than two-decades after the end of white-minority rule under the Apartheid system.
- Stanley Weston, co-founder ofinteractive TV programming company ACTV— and the man who conceived the idea of _________ passed away on May 1, 2017
2.G.I. Joe action figure
3.He-Man action figure
4.Spider-Man action figure
5.Hot Wheels toy carsAnswer – 2.G.I. Joe action figure
Weston was born in Brooklyn, N.Y., on April 1, 1933. He attended New York University before entering the army shortly after the end of the Korean War. Upon the release of Barbie dolls in 1960, Weston decided that there should be an action figure for boys and came up with the idea for a military action figure.
- ___________, a senior NCP leader and former Maharashtra minister, passed away on May 10, 2017
5.Arjun PawarAnswer – 5.Arjun Pawar
Arjun Pawar represented Kalwan, a constituency reserved for Scheduled Tribes in Nashik district for many years. However he lost the 2014 State Assembly election. In 1999, he was the Minister for Tribal Welfare in the Congress-NCP government led by Chief Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh.
- What was the 2017 theme of ‘World Migratory Bird Day’ observed on second weekend of May 2017?
1.‘Their Future is Our Future – A Healthy Planet for Migratory Birds and People’
2.‘Stop the Illegal Killing, Taking and Trade of Migratory Birds’
3.‘Networking for migratory birds’
4.‘Destination Flyways: Migratory Birds and Tourism’
5.‘Energy – make it bird-friendly!’Answer – 1.‘Their Future is Our Future – A Healthy Planet for Migratory Birds and People’.
In 2006, the United Nations established World Migratory Bird Day to be held on the second weekend of May every year. The event was founded as an effort of the UN’s Agreement on the Conservation of African-Eurasian Migratory Waterbirds to raise awareness of the migratory linkages between regions of the globe.
- Which company has acquired an app and sleep monitoring device called ‘Beddit’?
5.SonyAnswer – 2.Apple
Beddit makes both sleep-tracking hardware and software and already has an existing Apple Watch app that works with its Beddit 3 Sleep Monitor. Using a variety of sensors including those for motion, humidity, and temperature, the Beddit 3 Sleep Monitor tracks sleep time and quality, heart rate, breathing patterns, deep and light sleep times, sleep efficiency, and more.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.