Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs May 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs May 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
- The State Government of _____________announced officially its “Agri Business Policy” in order promotes food processing and agriculture waste management during the festival of 2016 Krishi Mahotsav.
D.GujaratAnswer – D.Gujarat
It is announced by Chief Minister Chief Minister Anandiben Patel in Anand Town, Kheda District.The purpose for Promoting Food Processing Industry.Applying new technique to convert agriculture waste into valuable products. Developing the entire value of chain of exporting locally grown farm produces.
- Union government has set up a ________member committee to frame a policy framework for taxi aggregators and other transport operators.
D.fourAnswer – C.three
Road Transport ministry panel will be headed by Sanjay Mitra, Secretary, Ministry of Road Transport & Highways and have the Joint Secretary of the dept and the Delhi Transport Commissioner as its members. Transport operators and Taxi players had met Road Transport and Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari imparting him of the situation that has occurred following the Supreme Court’s order banning diesel taxis in the NCR.
- Bengaluru based IT major’s arm __________Foundation has signed a pact with Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER., Pune) to pursue ‘high quality’ education for economically weaker section students.
D.TCSAnswer – B.Infosys
The MoU aims to provide high quality science education and research through scholarships, fellowships and travel awards also creating equal opportunities for students from poorer background and advancing the quality of research done at Indian institutions. The foundation set aside a corpus fund of Rs 5 crore named as The Infosys Foundation Endowment Fund that will continue in perpetuity to benefit a minimum of 50 students annually as part of the MoU.
- The Ayush ministry will sign a pact with the ____________ to spread the importance of Ayurveda and Ayush across the world.
A.Medecins Sans Frontieres
C.World Health Organization
D.UNICEFAnswer – C.World Health Organization
The preparations for the second World Yoga Day is on the track. Ayurveda needed to promote and spread the ancient practise of medicine the ministry says. On behalf of this India and the US will sign an agreement in the next two months to carry out a research on cancer.
- Telugu film actor ______________ has adopted a village in Andhra Pradesh’s Guntur district village Burripalem under the Smart Village-Smart Ward programme.
D.Pawan KalyanAnswer – C.Mahesh Babu
The actor also launched several development works worth about Rs 2.14 crore. The financial grant of Rs 2.14 crore used for the construction of an Anganwadi building, a community hall, additional classrooms in the local school, laying of water pipelines, development of roads and drains in the village.
- Indian Army is conducting a major military training exercise ‘Chakravyuh-II’ to validate battle readiness and operational effectiveness of the Pivot Formation and Rapid Division, in_____________.
D.BangaloreAnswer – A.Rajasthan
This is Army’s follow up mission with the Air Force to its recently-concluded month-long Exercise Shatrujeet by the Strike Corps (Strike One). The exercise envisions mechanised manoeuvres of new generation weapons, platforms and systems are employed in areas where rapid development and urbanisation along the border is predominant.
- The United States President Barack Obama signed into law new import restrictions on _________cultural artifacts in a move to stop the Islamic State’s trade in looted antiquities.
D.AfricanAnswer – A.Syrian
The bill passed the House and Senate last month noted that prevent cultural artifacts removed from Syria from being sold or imported into the U.S. Islamic State and other militants have made millions of dollars by selling unique artifacts on the black market, reaping profits to fund violence.
- The 16th edition of the Airport Show with participation of more than 300 companies from 55 countries including India is held in ___________.
D.SingaporeAnswer – B.Dubai
Germany will be the biggest in terms of exhibitors with largest participation with more than 40 exhibitors in the showcase also the show with 30 per cent growth in participants for the Business Connect programme with an all-time high participation of 154 buyers.
- _________________releases draft norms for universal bank licences on tap.
A.National Statistical Commission
B.Indian Monetary Fund
C.Reserve Bank of India
D.Asian Development BankAnswer – C.Reserve Bank of India
Allowing individuals with 10 years of experience in banking and finance to apply for a licence successful track record for at least 10 years are eligible to apply for a licence. The initial minimum paid-up voting equity capital required is Rs.500 crore, and thereafter the bank should maintain a minimum net worth of Rs.500 crore at all times.
- _________________Tourism has received the Best Indian Destination for Wildlife award by the Lonely Planet Group.
D.Madhya PradeshAnswer – D.Madhya Pradesh
It is to be noted that Madhya Pradesh has 25 wild life sanctuaries including nine National Parks. The award was handed over to MPT Special Duty Officer Vinod Kumar Amar by actress Amy Jackson.
- An Indian scientist from _____________has been awarded a grant of SGD 3 million by National Research Foundation to research in congenital and adult cardiovascular diseases.
D.GorakhpurAnswer – D.Gorakhpur
Manvendra K Singh, among the seven young scientists from across the world to be endowed with the Singapore NRF fellowship to carry out cutting-edge research this year in the field of congenital and adult cardiovascular diseases.
- ICICI Prudential Asset Management Company has appointed ______________ as a Director on the Board of ICICI Prudential Asset Management Company.
D.Pankaj VaishAnswer – A.Sankaran Naren
Prior to the new appointment currently his role as the CIO who oversees the investment functions across the mutual fund and international advisory business. Naren holds B.Tech from IIT, Madras and PGDM from IIM, Kolkata. All the other provisions of the SAI of the schemes remain unchanged.
- Mumbai-based online classifieds portal __________India has acquired on-demand beauty service provider Salosa, owned by Beawel Tech Pvt.
D.OLXAnswer – C.Quikr
However the deal size is undisclosed in a move that will help to strengthen the home services segment. The beauty services market is close to $5 billion in India and growing, which is evident from the increasing number of requests we see from Tier I and Tier II cities on our platform.
- The Nozzle Testing laboratories (NTL) that were inaugurated by ISRO Chairman Kiran Kumar at ________________________________.
A.Laboratory for Electro-Optics Systems in Bengaluru
B.ISRO Propulsion Complex (IPRC) in Mahendragiri
C.Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre in Thiruvananthapuram
D.Satish Dhawan Space Centre in SriharikotaAnswer – C.Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre in Thiruvananthapuram
This is the first of its kind also intended towards carrying out advanced R&D in the area of rocket nozzle to cater to a wide range of studies related to nozzles such as contour optimization for large AR (Area Ratio) nozzles, flow separation, techniques for flow separation control, nozzle wall heat transfer.
- The _____ World Migratory Bird Day is a two-day event held every year on the second weekend of May to mark the need to protect migratory birds and their habitats.
D.May 12thAnswer – C.May 10th
This year’s theme aims to stop the illegal killing, taking and trade of migratory birds to highlight how wildlife crime affects numerous species of migratory birds.Since the first World Migratory Bird Day in 2006, events have been held in more than 130 countries. The Day is co-organized by CMS and the African-Eurasian Migratory Waterbird Agreement (AEWA), international treaties administered by UNEP.
- Agrasen Ki Baoli also know as Ugrasen Ki Baoli is most hunted place in
D.MumbaiAnswer – A.New Delhi
Agrasen ki Baoli (also known as Agar Sain ki Baoli or Ugrasen ki Baoli), designated a protected monument by the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) under the Ancient Monuments and Archaeological Sites and Remains Act of 1958, is a 60-meter long and 15-meter wide historical step well on Hailey Road near Connaught Place, Jantar Mantar in New Delhi, India
- The book titled ‘The Slashed Canvas’ is authored by
D.Deb Sanjoy DuttaAnswer – D.Deb Sanjoy Dutta
The Slashed Canvas, a novel, follows Siddhartha throughout as he pursues being an artist in a concrete jungle and tries to make sense of life, love, and relationships.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification