Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs May 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs May 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
Click Here to Read Current Affairs May 1 2016
- What is the theme of the International Labour’s day which is being observed on May 1st of every year to highlight the labour significance?
A.International Wokers Union
B.Celebrating the International Labour Movement
C.Encouraging the International Labour Union
D.Celebrating the International Labour UnionAnswer – B.Celebrating the International Labour Movement
The International Workers day celebrated on 1st May every year to highlight this significance. This is also known as International Labours Day and May Day. The theme of International Labour Day 2016 is Celebrating the international labour movement.
- Indian High Commissioner K. Navtej Sarna launched a book to remembrance the lives of 21 Param Vir Chakra winners written by whom?
D.Manju MehtaAnswer – B.Manju Lodha
Param Vir Diaryby Manju Lodha covers a total of 21 instances of bravery recounted by the friends and families of Param Vir Chakra awardees.
- Who has been appointed in place of Salman Khan as the Goodwill Ambassador for India’s Rio Olympics Contingent?
C.P T Usha
D.Abinav BindraAnswer – D.Abinav Bindra
The Indian Olympic Association (IOA) had Appointed 2008 Olympic Gold medallist shooter Abhinav Bindraas the second goodwill ambassador for India’s Rio contingent to be held this year.
- Employees Provident Fund Organisation had launched which system on Labours Day to put off pre mature withdrawals of Provident fund and reopen?
A.One Employee One EPF Account System
B.One Employer One EPF Account System
C.One Employee unique number system
D.One Employer Unique Number systemAnswer – A.One Employee One EPF Account System
Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation has launched One Employee One EPF Account system on Labours’ day (May1) to put off early PF withdrawals and to give fillip to state governments to join its pension system.
- Which country has declared state of emergency as protestor reached the cabinet headquarters inside the Green Zone of the Cabinet building?
D.PakistanAnswer – C.Iraq
Iraq government has declared a state of emergency after supporters of Shiite Muslim cleric Moqtada al-Sadr stormed parliament.
- The World’s Largest telescope to be built in which country to explore the universe that will strengthen the domestic programme of the country?
D.IndiaAnswer – D.India
The world largest telescope to be built called Thirty Metre Telescope (TMT) project may be set up at Hanle in Ladakh. This is the effect of protests in Hawaii in the US which was proposed site for the telescope.
- Which force planned to set up tallest national flag at Wagah Border and the flag measures 350 feet is part of BSF’s extension plans for the visitor’s gallery at the site of the iconic Retreat ceremony?
B.Indian Air Force
C.Central Industrial Safety Force
D.Border Security ForceAnswer – D.Border Security Force
The Border Security Force to put tallest ‘Tiranga’ at Wagah border by January 2017. It is mulling to set up the tallest national flag near Attari-Wagah Joint Check Post famously known as the Wagah border. This flag can be seen both from Lahore as well as Amritsar.
- Prime Minister launched Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana at Ballia for which purpose over the next three years?
D.All the aboveAnswer – C.Cooking Gas
Prime Minister launches Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana at Ballia to provide 5 crore Cooking gas connections to below-poverty-line beneficiaries in three years
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched solar powered boats and distributing 1,000 e-rickshaws to people in which city in India?
D.AnandAnswer – C.Varanasi
In Varanasi, Prime Minister Launched 1000 E rickshaws at DLW Ground and Solar Powered Boats at Assi Ghat on River Ganga on 1st May 2016. The PM flags off a fleet of 11 e-boats following by interaction with boatmen at the Assi ghat.
- Which state will become the first state in the country to cent percent of its urban regions “Open Defecation Free” by October 2?
D.GujaratAnswer – C.Andhra Pradesh
This will be benchmarked for launch of “Swachh Bharat” mission by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Rajiv Gauba, Secretary (Urban Development) at Visakhapatnam assured to instate during a review of progress of Swachh Bharat Mission in all the 110 municipalities of States.
- The Act relates to regulation of real estate comes into force with effect from 1st May after 8 year long efforts to make operational Rules, Setting up regulatory authorities and Appellate tribunals. What is the name of the Act?
A.Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Act, 2016
B.Real Estate (Rules and Regulation) Act, 2016
C.Real Estate (Rules and Development) Act, 2016
D.Real Estate (Regulation and Policy) Act, 2016Answer – A.Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Act, 2016
Real Estate Act comes into force with effect from 1st May after 8 year long efforts to make operational Rules, Setting up regulatory authorities and Appellate tribunals. Time Frame to Set Up: Operational Rules within 6 months and Authorities and Tribunals within 1 year
- India ranks on which position in forged and pirated goods trade globally which is listed by OECD (Organisation Economic Cooperation and Development) and the European Union’s Intellectual Property Office?
D.7thAnswer – B.5th
India ranks fifth position in the exports of Fake goods globally, while china is No.1 in the list with a huge 63 % share in the estimated half-a-trillion dollar worldwide imports of forged and pirated goods.
- Indian-American Journalist received Edgar A Poe Award at Annual White correspondents’ carnival. Who is he she?
D.Udwala BanerjeeAnswer – B.Neela Banerjee
An Indian-American journalist Neela Banerjee was awarded by US President Barack Obama and the First Lady Michelle and her colleagues were awarded with a prestigious award during the annual White House Correspondents carnival.
- Which Naval ship of India arrived at Brunei and would take part in the ASEAN Defence Minister’s meeting plus exercise on Maritime security and counter terrorism?
D.AgniAnswer – B.Airavat
In a bid to India’s Act east policy and Indian Navy’s regular endeavour to enhance maritime security in the Indo-Pacific regions. During the course of the exercise the Indian Navy would engage with participating navies
- India’s Navy first indigenous Scorpene-class stealth submarine Kalvari has been sailed out of which harbor for sea trails?
D.MumbaiAnswer – D.Mumbai
The submarines will go through a set of sea trials in the next few months that includes surface trials, diving trials, weapon trials, Noise trials. The Submarines build by Mazagon Dock Ltd and France based DCNS
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification