AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 9 March 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Name the Indian state which approved to form trust for ‘Ram Van Gaman Path’ (route taken by Lord Ram during his 14-years of life in the forest) project (March 2020).
1) Madhya Pradesh
4) Uttar Pradesh
Answer-1) Madhya Pradesh
The Madhya Pradesh (MP) Cabinet approved to form the trust under the Chairmanship of Chief Minister Kamal Nath for the project of constructing ‘Ram Van Gaman Path’ project, a route taken by Lord Ram during his 14-years of life in the forest.
- ‘Chapchar Kut’ is the biggest and oldest festival of which Indian state (celebrated on March 6, 2020)?
Answer- 5) Mizoram
March 6 2020 “Chapchar Kut”, a biggest and oldest festival of Mizoram, is celebrated on March 6 2020. The pre-celebration started on 5th March 2020, with the mega event held at the Assam Rifles Ground at Aizawl.This festival is considered as the most popular spring festival celebrated on Mizoram.It is originated in- 1450-1700 A.D at Suaipui village.
- With which world organization the Ministry of Women and Child Development (MoWCD) had organized a discussion Programme on the topic “The Future of Work: Women in India’s Workforce” at New Delhi.
1) World Trade Organisation (WTO)
2) International Monetary Fund (IMF)
3) United Nations Organisation (UNO)
4) World Bank (WB)
5) International Labour Organisation (ILO)
Answer- 4) World Bank (WB)
The Ministry of Women and Child Development (MWCD) & the World Bank organized a discussion programme on the topic “The Future of Work: Women in India’s Workforce” at New Delhi.
- The Government reconstructs the multisectoral decision making body – National Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction (NPDRR). Name the person who has been appointed as Chairman of NPDRR.
1) Defence Minister
2) Finance Minister
3) Home Minister
4) External Affairs Minister
5) Prime Minister
Answer-3) Home Minister
The government reconstructs the National Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction (NPDRR) a multi- stakeholder & multisectoral decision making body on disaster management & appoints Union Home Minister Amit Shah as chairman. The NPDRR is chaired by the Union Home Minister and the Minister of State in-charge of Disaster Management in the Ministry of Home Affairs.
- Which among the following places has been approved as authorized land immigration check posts to enter and exit India – by Government of India (GoI) in March 2020.
4) Both 1) and 2)
5) Both 2) and 3)
Answer-4) Both 1) and 2)
Government of India (GOI) has approved Tripura capital Agartala and West Bengal’s Ghojadanga as authorised land immigration check posts to enter or exit India. Agartala and Ghojadanga are located along the Indo-Bangladesh border.
- Name the Indian state which launched the Chief Minister’s Employment Generation Scheme for educated employed people (bears 75% due to them during their training period in new industry).
1) Madhya Pradesh
Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister & finance minister Ajit Pawar presented Rs 1.15 crore budget for financial year 2020-21 in the state assembly. In the Budget the government introduced, the Chief Minister’s Employment Generation Scheme for educated unemployed, where the government will bear 75% due to them during training period in new industries & also will create 1 lakh industrial units and create employment.
- In which of the following Group/Organization recently India joined as the observer (5th) to boost the Indo-Pacific vision.
1) European Union
3) Indian Ocean Commission
4) Asia and Pacific Group
5) Shanghai Cooperation Organisation
Answer-3) Indian Ocean Commission
India has joined Indian Ocean Commission (IOC) as its 5th observer state to strengthen its Indo-Pacific vision and also to boost strategic partnership with France, and Vanilla Islands. The decision has been taken during the meeting of the Commission’s council of ministers in Seychell. The Commission has 5 observers- China, EU (European Union), Malta, International Organisation of La Francophonie (OIF), and India.
- Name the Public Sector Bank, which shows interest to invest in Yes Bank and also to participate in its reconstruction scheme.
1) State Bank of India (SBI)
2) Bank of Maharashtra (BoM)
3) Punjab National Bank (PNB)
4) Bank of Baroda (BoB)
5) Canara Bank
Answer-1) State Bank of India (SBI)
Reserve Bank of India has announced a draft scheme “Yes Bank Ltd. Reconstruction Scheme, 2020” for revival of Yes Bank. The State Bank of India (SBI) wants to invest in Yes Bank and also to participate in its reconstruction scheme. SBI can invest for up to 49% stake for nearly Rs 2,450 crore.
- As per draft “Yes Bank Ltd. Reconstruction Scheme, 2020”, RBI wants to alter the authorized capital of new reconstituted Bank to _________.
1) 20,000 Crores
2) 10,000 Crores
3) 1,000 Crores
4) 5,000 Crores
5) 25, 000 Crores
Answer-4) 5,000 Crores
As per draft “Yes Bank Ltd. Reconstruction Scheme, 2020”, RBI plans to alter the authorised capital for the reconstituted bank to Rs 5,000 crore and number of equity shares will also be altered to 24,000 crores of Rs 2 each aggregating to Rs 48,000 crore. The Investor bank or SBI should invest in the equity of the Yes Bank to the extent that post infusion it holds 49% shareholding in the Yes Bank at a price not less than Rs.10/-. The Investor bank shall not reduce its holding below 26% before completion of three years from the date of infusion of the capital.
- Name the Organisation which in collaboration with UN women and Plan international has released the report titled “A New Era for Girls: Taking stock on 25 years of progress”.
1) Word Bank (WB)
2) United Nations Organisation (UNO)
3) Equality Now
4) International Women Forum (IWF)
5) United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
Answer-5) United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
In accordance with the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) report titled “A New Era for Girls: Taking stock on 25 years of progress” in collaboration with UN Women and Plan International, girls still face violence and discrimination even after 25 years of Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action.
- As per the Report titled “A New Era for Girls: Taking stock on 25 years of progress”, The global participation of female youth aged 15–24 years in the labour force has declined from 47% in 1995 to ____% in 2020.
As per the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) report titled “A New Era for Girls: Taking stock on 25 years of progress” in collaboration with UN Women and Plan International, the global participation of female youth aged 15–24 years in the labour force has declined from 47% in 1995 to 33% in 2020.
- Indian Coastal Guard ‘s 9th edition of rescue exercise “SAREX-2019”, conducted at which Indian state?
4) Tamil Nadu
Indian Coast Guard (ICG), an armed force that protects India’s maritime interests, has conducted a 2-day 9th edition of national level search and rescue exercise ‘SAREX-2020’ based on the theme ‘Harmonization of Maritime and Aeronautical Search and Rescue (HAMSAR)’ in the sea at Vasco, South Goa district from March 5-7,2020.
- Kalyanasundaram Anbazagan who passed away recently, is the General Secretary of which of the following political party?
1) Makkal Needhi Maiam (MNM)
2) All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIADMK)
3) Desiya Murpokku Dravida Kazhagam (DMDK)
4) Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK)
5) Amma Makkal Munnetra Kazhagam (AMMK)
Answer-4) Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK)
Peraasiriyar (Professor) Kalyanasundaram Anbazhagan, DMK (Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam) party General Secretary for 43 years, passed away at the age of 97 in Chennai, Tamil Nadu (TN). He also served as MLA (Member of the Legislative Assembly) for 9 times and a Lok Sabha MP (Member of Parliament).
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Cheraw folk dance is related to which Indian state?
- Who is the chairman of National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA)?
Answer-Prime Minister of India
- Where is the Headquarters of UNICEF located at?
Answer-New York, United States
- Bhagat Singh Koshyari is the Governor of which Indian state?
- Name the Indian state which will celebrate 2020-21 as golden jubilee year of statehood as it attained statehood in 1971.
- Where is the Headquarters of Indian Ocean Commission (IOC) located at?
[su_button url=”https://affairscloud.com/current-affairs/march-2020/” target=”self” style=”default” background=”#2D89EF” color=”#FFFFFF” size=”5″ wide=”no” center=”no” radius=”auto” icon=”” icon_color=”#FFFFFF” text_shadow=”none” desc=”” download=”” onclick=”” rel=”” title=”” id=”” class=””]Click Here to Try March Current Affairs 2020 Quiz[/su_button]