AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs March 4 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- In which three North Eastern States, Legislative Assembly Elections were held in the month of February 2018?
1. Tripura, Meghalaya Nagaland
2. Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur
3. Nagaland, Sikkim, Mizoram
4. Mizoram, Assam, Sikkim
5.Tripura, Arunachal Pradesh, ManipurAnswer – 1. Tripura, Meghalaya Nagaland
During February 2018, Legislative Assembly Elections were held in three North Eastern States – Tripura, Meghalaya and Nagaland. Counting for all these Legislative Assembly Elections was held on March 3, 2018.
• Tripura State Legislative Assembly election, 2018 was held on February 18, 2018 for 59 out of 60 seats. Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) along with its ally, Indigenous People’s Front of Tripura (IPFT) has won 43 seats and has thereby got the majority. BJP won has 35 seats while IPFT has won 8 seats.
• Meghalaya State Legislative Assembly election, 2018 was held on February 27, 2018 for 59 out of 60 seats. The ruling party, Indian National Congress led by incumbent Chief Minister Mukul Sangma won 21 seats and emerged as the single largest party. However, it fell short from attaining majority.
• Nagaland State Legislative Assembly election, 2018 was held on February 27, 2018 for 59 out of 60 seats. Incumbent Chief Minister TR Zeliang’s Naga People’s Front (NPF) won 27 seats and emerged as single largest party. However, it fell short from attaining majority.
- Name the healthcare scheme introduced by Karnataka government to provide quality primary, secondary and tertiary treatment to Below Poverty Line (BPL) and above Poverty Line (APL) families in Karnataka.
1. Attention Karnataka
2. Healthcare Karnataka
3. Arogya Karnataka
4. Nomadic Karnataka
5. Rehabilitative KarnatakaAnswer – 3. Arogya Karnataka
Karnataka Chief Minister, Siddaramaiah unveiled ‘Arogya Karnataka’ (Healthy Karnataka), a healthcare scheme to provide quality primary, secondary and tertiary treatment to Below Poverty Line (BPL) and Above Poverty Line (APL) families in Karnataka. Under this scheme, individuals from all below-poverty-line (BPL) households in the state will get free treatment at government hospitals. For individuals from above-poverty-line (APL) households, the State Government will bear about 30 per cent of the treatment cost. This scheme was announced in Karnataka’s State Budget presented in February 2018 and is expected to be implemented across the entire state by December 2018. About 1.43 crore households in Karnataka will gain benefits from this scheme.
- Which State Government has launched ‘Ama Gaon, Ama Vikas’ (our village, our development) programme with an objective to reach out to the people in rural areas of the state and involve them in developmental activities?
3. Madhya Pradesh
5. GoaAnswer – 4. Odisha
Odisha State Government has launched ‘Ama Gaon, Ama Vikas’ (our village, our development) programme with an objective to reach out to the people in rural areas of Odisha and involve them in developmental activities. On March 3, 2018, Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik flagged off ‘Ama Gaon, Ama Vikas’ video vans. These video vans will move across Odisha and will highlight various welfare schemes of Government. Through the Wi-fi enabled video walls in these vans, people would be able to send their grievances directly to the Chief Ministers’ Office Secretariat in Bhubaneswar. Odisha State Government believes that this initiative will help in solving people’s grievances instantly.
- In the October-December 2017 quarter (Q3) of the current fiscal, Indian economy grew at ______% rate and there by regained its tag of world’s fastest growing economy?
5. 7.5%Answer – 2. 7.2%
In the October-December 2017 quarter (Q3) of the current fiscal, Indian economy grew at 7.2 per cent rate and there by regained its tag of world’s fastest growing economy. India regained its tag of fastest growing economy from China, as Chinese economy recorded a 6.8 per cent growth rate during October-December 2018 quarter (Q3) of the current fiscal. The uptick in growth to 7.2 percent as compared to 6.3 per cent in previous quarter (July – September 2017) indicates that Indian economy has finally overcome the disruptions caused by Goods and Services Tax (GST) roll out in July 2017. In Q3, Manufacturing sector grew at 8.1 per cent as compared to 6.9 per cent in the previous quarter. Similarly, agriculture sector grew at 4.1 percent from 2.7 percent in the previous quarter. Besides, Construction sector grew at 6.8 per cent in Q3 of 2017-18, which is higher than 2.8 per cent in previous quarter, while services sector (including financial services) registered a growth of 6.7 per cent, up from 6.4 per cent in previous quarter.
- Gadchiroli book reading event conducted in which Indian state, created a new Guinness world record by breaking the Guinness world record created in Turkey on 18th May 2017?
2. Madhya Pradesh
4. West Bengal
5. MaharashtraAnswer – 5. Maharashtra
Gadchiroli book reading event created a new Guinness world record breaking the Guinness world record created in Turkey on 18th May 2017. Nearly 7,000 people participated in the book reading event conducted at Gadchiroli, Maharashtra. The event was organised by police authorities. Representatives from the Guinness Book of World Records witnessed the event. The book reading event in Turkey held on 18th May 2017 had participation from 5,754 people. Maheshwar Reddy, Superintendent of Police, Gadchiroli, said that, Gadchiroli is a Naxal dominant region and this event will project a positive image of Gadchiroli to the world.
- For the first time, a team of astronomers from Arizona State University have discovered signals from the period when the universe’s earliest stars emerged. Name the astronomer who led the team.
1. Johannes Kepler
2. Claudius Ptolemy
3. Judd Bowman
4. Bartolomeu Velho
5. Karl TateAnswer – 3. Judd Bowman
For the first time, a team of astronomers from Arizona State University have discovered signals from the period when the universe’s earliest stars emerged. The period when the universe’s earliest stars emerged is referred to as ‘Cosmic Dawn’. The team was led by astronomer Judd Bowman and also included an Indian graduate student Nivedita Mahesh. If the signals discovered from ‘Cosmic Dawn’ are confirmed, it could provide insights into the elusive ‘dark matter’, which is believed to form a fundamental part of our universe. A radio telescope called Experiment to Detect the Global Epoch of Reionization Signature (EDGES), based at the Murchison Radio-astronomy Observatory in the middle of Western Australian desert was used in this research.
- Name the Indian Navy Sailing Vessel (INSV) which had arrived at a port in Cape Town in South Africa on 2nd March 2018?
5. MhadeiAnswer – 1. Tarini
On 2nd March 2018, the all-women Indian crew circumnavigating the globe on the Indian Navy Sailing Vessel (INSV) Tarini arrived at a port in Cape Town in South Africa. This expedition by the all-women Indian crew is named Navika Sagar Parikrama. It has reached Cape Town in South Africa during the last phase of its voyage. This is the first all-women Indian crew to go on a circumnavigation of the globe. Captain of the vessel is Lieutenant Commander Vartika Joshi. INSV Tarini was flagged-off from Goa on 10th September 2017 by Union Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman. INSV Tarini is expected to leave Cape Town on 14th March 2018 and return to Goa in April 2018, completing its voyage.
- Which Indian state’s women team won the interstate national tennis championship 2018 held in Chhattisgarh?
2. Madhya Pradesh
5. PunjabAnswer – 3. Maharashtra
Maharashtra women’s team won the interstate national tennis championship 2018 held in Chhattisgarh. The interstate national tennis championship 2018 was organised by the Chhattisgarh State Tennis Association (CSTA) under the guidance of All India Tennis Association (AITA) from 26th February to 3rd March 2018. Maharashtra’s Mihika Yadav defeated Delhi’s Rishika Sunkara 6-2,7-6,(3) in the finals. Ramsheela Sahu, Minister of Women and child development & Social Welfare Department, Chhattisgarh, gave away the prizes. The CSTA awarded Rs 25,000 each to both the finalists as a token of motivation.
- Rashid Khan has become the youngest captain in international cricket. He belongs to which country?
2. South Africa
5. AfghanistanAnswer – 5. Afghanistan
Rashid Khan of Afghanistan has become the youngest captain in international cricket. Rashid Khan is 19 years old. He took charge as captain for Afghanistan team as the previous captain Asghar Stanikzai was down with appendicitis. Afghanistan is now playing against Scotland in first of the ICC Cricket World Cup Qualifiers in Bulawayo, Zimbabwe.
- Who won gold medal with a world record score at the ISSF World Cup 2018 in Guadalajara, Mexico?
1. Stacy Keibler
2. Shahzar Rizvi
3. Trish Stratus
4. Mehuli Ghosh
5. Jitu RaiAnswer – 2. Shahzar Rizvi
Indian shooter Shahzar Rizvi won gold medal with a world record score and Jitu Rai and Mehuli Ghosh won bronze medals at the ISSF World Cup in Guadalajara, Mexico. India’s Shahzar Rizvi shot 242.3 making a world record in the finals of the men’s 10m air pistol and defeated Germany’s Christian Reitz (239.7). Shahzar Rizvi won gold medal in the 10m air pistol event. India’s Jitu Rai scored 219 in the men’s 10m air pistol event and won bronze medal. Mehuli Ghosh shot a world junior record 228.4 and won bronze medal in the women’s 10m air rifle event.
- Prafulla Das passed away recently. Who was she?
4. Chess Player
5. LitterateurAnswer – 5. Litterateur
Literateur Prafulla Das died after suffering from age-related ailments at his home at Rajkanika in Kendrapara district, Odisha. Prafulla Das was 91 years old. He was honoured with the Sarala Award in 2014. He had written numerous books on India’s freedom struggle and the role of Odisha in it. His important works are ‘Kalapanira Angisikha’, ‘Agnujugar Aahwan’, ‘Bharatara Sasastra Mukti Sangram’, ‘Sahid Basu Bisnini’, ‘Kanika Prajaandolan Itihas’, ‘Netaji Aao feri Nahanti’, ‘Fashi Manchare Biplabi’ etc.
- Davide Astori, passed away recently due to a sudden illness, in his room at the La di Moret hotel in Udine, Italy. He belonged to which of the following sport?
5. SwimmingAnswer – 3. Football
Davide Astori, an Italian footballer, passed away due to a sudden illness, in his room at the La di Moret hotel in Udine, Italy. Davide Astori was 31 years old. He was captain and defender of the Fiorentina team. He joined Fiorentina team in 2016. Earlier he had played for Cagliari team. The game that Fiorentina team was scheduled to play on 4th March 2018 was cancelled due to Davide Astori’s sudden demise.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- What is the capital of Meghalaya?Shillong
- Ntangki National Park is in which state?Nagaland
- Who is the Governor of Karnataka?Vajubhai Vala
- Who are the Top 5 holders of US Government Securities?China, Japan, Ireland, Cayman Islands, Brazil
- Anshupa Lake, Chilika Lake and Kanjia lake are in which state?Odisha