Welcome to Online Current Affairs March 2017 31 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Daily Current Affairs
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2017
- Read Our 2017 Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2017 March
- A book that will chronicle Tabla player Zakir Hussain’s life through a series of in-depth interviews is being written by Nasreen Munni Kabir and is scheduled to release in January 2018. What is the title of this book?
A.’Zakir Hussain: A Life for Music, In Conversation with Nasreen Munni Kabir’
B.’Zakir Hussain: Face Off with Nasreen Munni Kabir’
C.’Zakir Hussain: Untold Story’
D.’Zakir Hussain: A Life Story of an Ustaad’
Answer – A .’Zakir Hussain: A Life for Music, In Conversation with Nasreen Munni Kabir’
This book will be released by Harper Collins Publishers, India in January 2018. It will offer an intimate look at Hussain’s life and career. The book will offer readers a personalised view into Indian classical music and the thinking of a world musician.
- India, the world’s third-largest oil consumer has joined International Energy Agency (IEA)as an associate member. Secretariat of IEA is located in:
A.New York, US
Answer – C.Paris, France
India’s entry into this elite energy group was jointly announced by IEA executive director Mr. Fatih Birol, Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister Mr. Dharmendra Pradhan and Minister of State with Independent Charge for Power, Coal, New and Renewable Energy and Mines, Mr. Piyush Goyal. With India’s inclusion, IEA now has 70% of world’s energy consumption under its ambit.
- On 31st March 2017, President of India, Shri Pranab Mukherjee inaugurated the five-day Namami Brahmaputra River Festival at:
Answer – B.Guwahati, Assam
The inaugural edition of the festival aims to showcase the trade, tourism and rich cultural practices of Assam. It is a tribute to the Brahmaputra River which is the lifeline and source of livelihood for the people of Assam. The Prime Minister of Bhutan, Tshering Tobgay was the special guest at the event.
- Chief Minister of which state recently announced to implement the Seventh Central Pay Commission for the state government employees from April 1, 2017?
Answer – D. Chhattisgarh
The implementation is expected to benefit 2.5 lakh state government employees of Chhattisgarh. Haryana was the first state to implement the 7th Central Pay Commission (CPC) to give the benefit of hiked pay to its employees with effect from January 1, 2016.
- Military of which country recently concluded Operation “Euphrates Shield” in Northern Syria?
D.United States of America
Answer – A.Turkey
The military operation under the name “Euphrates Shield” undertaken by the Turkish troops in northern Syria about seven months ago for national security, finally concluded on March 29, 2017. The Prime Minister of Turkey, Binali Yildirim, has said that, though the operations was completed but in future many more such operations are likely to be undertaken with different names.
- Name the American astronaut who broke Sunita Williams’s record of most spacewalks by a woman ?
Answer – B.Peggy Whitson
American Astronaut Peggy Whitson floated outside the International Space Station (ISS), which marks the eighth career Space-Walk by her on March 31, 2017. By this walk, Peggy Whitson broke the record of seven Space-Walks which was previously held by American Astronaut Sunita Williams.
- Name the Central American country which has become the first country in the world to ban Metals Mining nationwide?
Answer – C.El Salvador
Central America’s smallest nation, El Salvador became the first country in the world to ban Metals Mining nationwide. This was made into a law, which was passed by the Law-makers of that country. In addition to that, the law which is passed also bans the usage of Cyanide and Mercury for mining.
- The Government of India has signed USD 350 million loan agreement with which international financial organisation for road projects in Madhya Pradesh?
A.International Monetary Fund (IMF)
C.Asian Develpment Bank
D.New Development Bank
Answer – D.New Development Bank
The Government of India has signed USD 350 million loan agreement with the New Development Bank (NDB) on March 30, 2017, which will be used for development and up gradation of road project in Madhya Pradesh to improve transport connectivity in the interior regions of the state and boost economic activity.
- State-run power generator NTPC Ltd recently commissioned another 260 MW Bhadla Solar PV Project in:
Answer – A.Rajasthan
Earlier, NTPC commissioned 55 MW Bhadla Solar PV Project in Rajasthan. This mark major step in power giant’s target of achieving capacity addition of about 1,000 MW through renewable resources by 2017.
- S.V. Sunil and Harmanpreet Singh are associated with which sport?
Answer – B.Hockey
Asian Hockey Federation (AHF) on March 30, 2017 named SV Sunil as the Asian Player of the Year 2016 and Harmanpreet Singh as Asian Promising Player of the Year 2016 (Junior team).
- Name the Indian-Origin South African billionaire who has been appointed as the new Chairman of BRICS Business Council of South Africa ?
A.Dr. Prabhat Patil
B.Dr. Deven Parikh
C.Dr. Iqbal Surve
D.Dr. Hanif Siddiqui
Answer – C. Dr. Iqbal Surve
Iqbal Surve is the executive chairman of South Africa based private entity named Sekunjalo Group and Independent Media. Surve was the first chairperson of the World Economic Forum Global Growth Companies Advisory Board and vice chairperson of the Global Agenda Council for Emerging Multinationals.
- Name the senior bureaucrat who has been appointed as New Chairman of Central Board of Excise and Customs?
A.Vishesh K Vaghela
B.Sheetal P Rathod
C.Jaspreet S Ahluwalia
D.Vanaja N Sarna
Answer – D. Vanaj N Sarna
Senior bureaucrat, Vanaja N. Sarna, has been appointed as the new Chairman of the Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBEC) with effect from March 31, 2017. She is taking over form Shri Najib Shah upon his superannuation on March 31.
- Name the Pakistani American who has become the 1st Muslim to join in New York City Police Department(NYPD) Emergency Service Unit?
A.Sergeant Ali Javed
B.Sergeant Mohsin Khan
C.Sergeant Mirza Sohail
D.Sergeant Umar Kadri
Answer – A.Sergeant Ali Javed
Sergeant Ali Javed, from Pakistani Origin became the 1st Muslim to join in New York City Police Department (NYPD) Emergency Service Unit. The information was confirmed by NYPD Muslim Officers Society, an organization representing Muslim American Law Enforcement Members.
- Which company has launched a wired broadband internet service having a speed of 1 Gigabit per second with the pilot service in Hyderabad?
Answer – B. ACT Fibernet
ACT Fibernet is a Bengaluru based non-telco company. With this, it has become the first Indian entity to offer such a high speed internet speed to the entire city. The high speed internet service will enable the Telangana government to connect all the 23 million citizen of the state to the Internet by 2018 and become technological hub.
- Which cricketer has launched an Android and iOS based app named ‘100MB Cricket’, calling it as his digital inning?
Answer – D.Sachin Tendulkar
India’s batting legend Sachin Tendulkar launched an Android and iOS based app named 100MB Cricket on March 30, 2017 in Mumbai, which is dedicated to the Master Blaster himself. The app has been developed by Pune- based technology firm JetSynthesys.
- Which among the following has become the first tiger reserve in India to get the official mascot named ‘Bhoorsingh the Barasingha’?
A.Buxa Tiger Reserve
B.Bandipur Tiger Reserve
C.Manas Tiger Reserve
D.Kanha Tiger Reserve
Answer – D.Kanha Tiger Reserve
The Kanha Tiger Reserve in Madhya Pradesh is the first tiger reserve in India to get the official mascot named ‘Bhoorsingh the Barasingha’. Barasingha was made the mascot after the idea given by the award-winning cartoonist Rohan Chakravarty from Nagpur, who makes cartoons and illustrations on wildlife.
- 22ndAsian Athletics Championships, which is going to be conducted from July 6, 2017 will be hosted by which Indian city?
Answer – C. Bhubaneswar, Odisha
This information was announced by Asian Athletics Association (AAA). The venue was decided after the 86th Council Meeting of AAA. Asian Athletics Championships was hosted by India on earlier two occasions – New Delhi in 1989 and Pune in 2013.
- Dr N M Namboodiri, who passed away on 30th March 2017, was a renowned:
Answer – C.Historian
Dr N M Namboodiri, renowned Indian historian and writer, died on March 30, 2017 after prolonged illness at Mannar in Alapuzha district of Kerala. He was 73. Dr. Namboodiri has immensely contributed towards historical research. Some of his valuable contributions are writings on the Zamorin Royals and Malabar region.
- India ranked ______ out of 185 countries for Anemia among women as per Global Nutrition Report 2016.
Answer – D.170th
Global Nutrition Report tracks progress of countries and regions in achieving the Nutrition targets set by World Health Assembly. It is prepared by a group of independent subject experts. Global Nutrition Report is partnered by World Health Organisation (WHO).
- Space Exploration Technologies Corporation (SpaceX) successfully launched its ________ rocket from space launch complex 39A at Kennedy Space Center, Florida and retrieved it on March 30, 2017
Answer -D. Falcon 9
Falcon 9 rocket used a booster that had previously flown cargo to the astronauts living at the International Space Station which makes it as the first ever recycled rocket sent by SpaceX. The booster is reused from the rocket which flew to space in the month of March, 2016.