Welcome to Online Current Affairs March 2017 30 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Daily Current Affairs
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2017
- Read Our 2017 Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2017 March
- Chief Minister of which state has officially launched the LED Lights, Energy Saving Fans Distribution scheme on March 29, 2017?
Answer – B.Himachal Pradesh
The Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh Virbhadra Singh officially launched the LED Lights, Energy Saving Fans Distribution scheme on March 29, 2017. As the part of the scheme, LED tube lights and energy-efficient fans are distributed to promote energy saving. The distribution of LED tube lights and energy saving fans is carried out under Unnat Jeevan by Affordable LEDs and Appliances for All (UJALA) scheme.
- Finance Bill 2017, which was laid as Money Bill in Lok Sabha has been passed by Parliament on 30th March 2017. Which article of Indian Constitution defines Money Bill?
Answer – A.Article 110
On 30th March 2017, during the debate on amendments in Lok Sabha, Union Finance Minister Mr. Arun Jaitley said that amendments made to Finance Bill 2017 by Rajya Sabha are not acceptable to Govt. Thereafter Lok Sabha passed the Finance Bill 2017 through voice vote, rejecting all five amendments made by Rajya Sabha.
- Central Govt. has approved the construction of _________ houses under Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana-Grameen(PMAY-G) with the financial outlay of Rs 81,975 crore during the period of 2016-17 to 2018-19.
D.1crore 25 lakh
Answer – C.1 croreExplanation :
In a written reply to question raised in Lok Sabha, Ram Kripal Yadav – Minister of State for Rural Development mentioned that Central Govt. has approved the construction of 1 crore houses under Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana-Grameen (PMAY-G) with the financial outlay of Rs 81,975 crore during the period of 2016-17 to 2018-19. This decision is a part of Govt. efforts to achieve ‘Housing For All by 2022’ mission set by PM Modi.
- Bob Dylan will finally accept his Nobel Prize for ________ in Stockholm this weekend
Answer – D.Literature
American singer Bob Dylan was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature in October 2016, but failed to travel to pick up the award, or deliver the lecture that is required to receive the Prize. The academy said it would meet Dylan in private in the Stockholm, where he is giving two concerts and will hand over Dylan’s Nobel diploma and the Nobel medal.
- Krishna River Management Board (KRMB) looks after water sharing between which two Indian States?
A.Andhra Pradesh and Telangana
B.Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu
C.Tamil Nadu and Karnataka
D.Tamil Nadu and Kerala
Answer – A.Andhra Pradesh and Telangana
Minister of state for Water Resources and River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation, Dr Sanjeev Kumar Balyan informed Lok Sabha that issue of sharing of water from river Krishna between Andhra Pradesh and Telangana is to be looked after by Krishna River Management Board (KRMB)
- Which institute has signed MoU with Indian Army to enhance Critical Technological Areas?
A.IIT – Kharagpur
B.IIT – Madras
C.IIT – Kanpur
D.IIT – Guwahati
Answer – B.IIT – Madras
The Indian Institute of Technology, Madras (IITM) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Indian Army on March 28, 2017 to address the technological gap in the armed forces. The MoU was signed between IITM Director Bhaskar Ramamurthi and Deputy Chief of Army Staff (P&S) Lt. Gen. Subrata Saha.
- US President Donald Trump has signed an executive order to rollback former US President Barak Obama’s ________________, that aims to reduce carbon emission by power plants.
A.Inclusive Power Plan
B.White Power Plan
C.Clean Power Plan
D.Green Power Plan
Answer – C.Clean Power Plan
Signing of the executive order is part of the promise made by Trump during his election campaign to support the coal industry. Former President Obama had introduced Clean Power Plan in 2014 to tackle climate change in line with the commitments made in Paris agreement in 2015.
- Which private sector bank has recently signed an agreement with Wells Fargo,America’s third largest bank by asset, to offer real time remittances by Indian Diaspora in US back to their relatives in India?
Answer – D.Axis Bank
Under the agreement, any Indian Diaspora customer of Wells Fargo can transfer money to their relatives in India without any transaction cost. However, the agreement also envisages that the Indian beneficiary who is to receive the monetary value should have an account with Axis Bank to receive the amount.
- Which private sector bank has launched an innovative account opening system on March 29, 2017 under the name 8-11which can be used from anywhere and anytime?
A.Kotak Mahindra Bank
C.Karur Vysya Bank
Answer – A.Kotak Mahindra Bank
The app 8-11 was launched by bank’s Vice-President Uday Kotak in New Delhi. The name 8-11 is inspired from the Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s November 8 demonetization move. The aim of launching the 8-11 app is to increase the customer base of the bank within 18 months from existing 8 million.
- Airports Authority of India (AAI)has been awarded India Pride Awards 2016 -17 for “Excellence in Infrastructure Development” in the category of Public Sector Undertaking by which daily newspaper?
C.Times of India
Answer – B.Dainik Bhaskar
In addition to that, National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) Limited also won the India Pride Awards 2016 -17 for “Excellence in Performance in the Power Sector” in the category of Public Sector Undertaking.
- Name the veteran Pakistani banker who has become the first female to be appointed as the President and CEO of one of the largest commercial bank of Pakistan?
Answer – D.Sima Kamil
On March 27, 2017, Sima Kamil was appointed as the President of United Bank Limited (UBL), one of the top 5 banks of the Pakistan. Initially she will serve as the deputy CEO at UBL and eventually take over as the President and CEO on June 1, 2017 after the incumbent CEO Wajahat Hussain retires.
- Which cricketer has been appointed as the new brand ambassador of the Germany based Montblanc International?
B.AB de Villiers
Answer – B.AB de Villiers
AB de Villiers has been selected to represent the company in South Africa as well as India. The 33 year old player would endorse all the products of the company ranging from watches, writing instruments, men’s accessories and leather goods.
- Which multinational company has confirmed its acquisition of Souq.com,the company from Dubai headed by Ronaldo Mouchawar which has 8.4 million products?
Answer – D. Amazon
Souq.com, the Middle East online retailer was bought by Amazon in a neck to neck bidding between Dubai billionaire Mohamed Alabbar’s Emaar Malls. The value of the deal is not revealed but it is higher than USD 800 million tabled by Emaar Malls. By this deal with Amazon, Souq.com will have access to Amazon’s global platform and its faster delivery systems to cut delivery times.
- Food and Drug Administration (F.D.A), the federal agency of the United States Department of Health and Human Services approved the first drug to treat Severe Multiple Sclerosis. This drug has been named:
Answer – B. Ocrevus
This approval came as a ray of hope for all such patients who so far did not have any approved drug for treatment. The drug called Ocrevus will be sold by Genentech Company owned by the Swiss pharmaceutical major Roche.
- Which two new Android based Apps have been launched by Govt. to provide transparency in enforcement of traffic rules as well as enable the citizens to report any traffic violation or road accident?
A.eRoad and mParivahan
B.eChallan and mParivahan
C.eMemo and mRoad
D.eChallan and mVehicle
Answer – B. eChallan and mParivahan
The two initiatives launched by the Union Ministry of Road, Transport and Highways are a part of the Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s Digital India campaign that seeks to develop cashless India by adopting digital measures for daily activities
- Suresh Prabhu, the Minister of Railways has launched a high speed free Wi-Fi service for the visitors at National Rail Museum located in:
Answer – D.New Delhi
The free Wi-Fi service at the National Rail Museum has been commissioned by the RailTel through ‘RailWire’ platform, the retail Broadband distribution model of RailTel to make available ICT (Information and Communications Technology) to general public.
- Senate of which South American country has unanimously voted favoring a Bill to legalize the use of cannabis oil and other derivatives obtained from marijuana, for medical use?
Answer – D.Argentina
The Senate of Argentina unanimously voted favoring a Bill on March 29, 2017 by 58-0 to legalize the use of cannabis oil and other derivatives obtained from marijuana, for medical use. While the Bill was already passed by the lower house earlier, the Senate too gave the final approval to the Bill, which now requires the signature of the President
- State-run power equipment maker BHEL has commissioned the second 800-MW unit of Yeramarus thermal plant located in:
Answer – B.Karnataka
The company had commissioned the first unit of 2×800 MW Yeramarus thermal power station located in Raichur district of Karnataka in March last year. The project has been developed by Raichur Power Corporation Limited (RPCL), a joint venture with equity participation from Karnataka Power Corporation Limited (KPCL) and BHEL.
- Tamilnadu State cricket team won the ________on March 29, 2017and thus became first state team to win all the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) senior level matches
A.Vijay Hazare Trophy
Answer – C. Deodhar Trophy
Tamilnadu State cricket team is a domestic cricket team representing the state of Tamil Nadu which is run by Tamil Nadu Cricket Association. Founded in 1930, the team was known as Madras till the year 1970-71.
- Name the 23-year-old Chess player from Chennai, who is all set to become India’s 46th Grandmaster in Chess
Answer – B.Srinath Narayanan
Srinath achieved this milestone after defeating GM David Anton Guijarro from Spain at the Sharjah Masters 2017 chess tournament held on March 29, 2017. The 45th Grandmaster title was held by Aryan Chopra from New Delhi. He is currently the grandmaster in the world.
- Which book on history of Indian Railways has been jointly authored by Shri Bibek Debroy (Member, NITI Aayog), Shri Sanjay Chadha (Joint Secretary, Ministry of Commerce) & Ms. Vidya Krishnamurthi?
A.“Indian Railway-The weaving of a National Tapestry”
B.“Indian Railway-The Rare Jewel”
C.“Indian Railway-The Epic Journey”
D.“Indian Railway-Inside Out”
Answer – A. “Indian Railway-The weaving of a National Tapestry”
The book has been written with the theme Historical Development of Railways in India. The theme of the book has been beautifully explained using different chapters on the development of the Railway system in India in chronological order.