AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 3 & 4 March 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- The Central government notifies National Chambal sanctuary as Eco-sensitive zone recently (March 2020). The National Chambal sanctuary is located at which Indian state?
1) Tamil Nadu
2) Madhya Pradesh
5) West Bengal
Answer-2) Madhya Pradesh
Centre notified 870 sq km around the National Chambal Sanctuary in Madhya Pradesh(MP) as eco-sensitive zone (ESZ) to prohibit polluting activities like industries, major hydroelectric project, mining, stone quarrying & big construction within the ‘no-go area’ for the purpose of conservation of water bodies, unique geographical features(ravines), flora & fauna. It is the first and only tri-state riverine protected area in India for the breeding population of Gharial. It is also called as the National Chambal Gharial Wildlife Sanctuary.
- The Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Edappadi K. Palaniswami has launched World Bank funded Programme Tamil Nadu Health System Reform Programme (TNHSRP) on March 2020. Who is the present Governor of Tamil Nadu?
1) Banwarilal Purohit
2) Ramesh Bais
3) Biswa Bhusan Harichandan
4) Anandiben Patel
5) Tamilisai Soundararajan
Answer-1) Banwarilal Purohit
Tamil Nadu (TN) Chief Minister (CM) Shri Edappadi K. Palaniswami launched Tamil Nadu Health System Reform Programme (TNHSRP) in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. The programme will be implemented with the World Bank’s fund. This was the first Program-for-Results (PforR) project for the Bank in India and the first for Tamil Nadu. The total cost is Rs 2,857.003 crore, of which World Bank has provided Rs 1999.902 crore and it is a 5 year programme. The Governor of TN is Banwarilal Purohit .
- Name the Government agency which developed Urja Dakshata Information Tool (UDIT) in association with US based World Resources Institute (WRI) to facilitate data on energy efficiency.
1) Damodar Valley Corporation (DVC)
2) Central Electricity Authority (CEA)
3) Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE)
4) Central Electricity Regulatory Commission (CERC)
5) Central Power Research Institute (CPRI)
Answer-3) Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE)
Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE), an agency of the Government of India, under the Ministry of Power, has developed 1st of its kind Urja Dakshata Information Tool (UDIT) in association with US based World Resources Institute (WRI) to facilitate data on energy efficiency.
- Which Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) along with the EWOK society signed tripartite agreement with NABARD to set up 3 Farmer Production Organisation (FPOs).
1) IIT Ropar
2) IIT Roorkee
3) IIT Madras
4) IIT Dhanbad
5) IIT Mandi
Answer-5) IIT Mandi
The IIT (Indian Institute of Technology) Mandi (Himachal Pradesh) along with Enabling Women of Kamand (EWOK) Society have signed a tripartite agreement with the National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) for collaboration on setting up 3 Farmer Producer Organisation (FPOs) in Himachal Pradesh’s(HP) Mandi district in the next 3 years.
- Which Indian digital payment platform’s subsidiary has received the Brokerage License from Insurance Regulatory and Authority of India (IRDAI)?
Indian digital payments platform Paytm’s subsidiary, Paytm Insurance Broking, has received the brokerage licence from the Insurance Regulatory and Authority of India (IRDAI).
- Recently (March 2020) State Bank of India (SBI) has switched to CBBA method from “Projected Balance Sheet (PBS)” method of Fund Based Working Capital (FBWC) limits for assessment of the working capital requirement for corporates or large advances. The ‘C’ in CBBA denotes?
State Bank of India (SBI) has switched to “Cash Budget Based Assessment (CBBA)” from “Projected Balance Sheet (PBS)” method of Fund Based Working Capital (FBWC) limits for assessment of the working capital requirement for corporates or large advances. CBBA of limits has been initiated for assessment of the FBWC limits for units with total FBWC exposure of more than ₹50 crores from the banking system.
- Name the Public Sector Bank which has launched Risk Intel email service to advise the business units about rating actions in respect of units it has funded.
1) Andhra Bank
2) State Bank of India
3) Bank of Maharashtra
4) Allahabad Bank
5) Bank of India
Answer-2) State Bank of India
State Bank of India (SBI) has started Risk Intel, an email service, advising the business units of rating actions in respect of units it has funded.
- Name the Private Sector Bank which ties-up with online food ordering and delivery app Zomato to launch co-branded credit card powered by MasterCard?
1) RBL Bank
2) ICICI Bank
3) HDFC Bank
4) CUB Bank
5) IndusInd Bank
Answer-1) RBL Bank
RBL Bank (formerly known as Ratnakar Bank), an Indian private sector bank, has entered into a partnership with Online food ordering and delivery app Zomato to launch co-branded credit cards, powered by Mastercard, for Zomato users.
- As per the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development’s (OECD) report titled “OECD Interim Economic Assessment Coronavirus: The world economy at risk”, What is the estimated growth rate (GDP) of India for the year 2020?
Global agency Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) in its report titled “OECD Interim Economic Assessment Coronavirus: The world economy at risk” has trimmed India’s real GDP (Gross Domestic Product) growth forecast to 5.1% from the earlier projection of 6.2% for 2020 due to the impact of deadly coronavirus (COVID-19) on the domestic as well as the global economy. For 2021, India’s real GDP growth is projected at 5.6% from the earlier forcast of 6.4%.
- With which Asian country, India has sigend MoU for Cooperation on Combating Timber Trafficking, and Conservation of Tigers and other Wildlife?
2) South Korea
3) Sri Lanka
The President of Myanmar U Win Myint along with First Lady, Daw Cho Cho, paid a four days’ visit to India from February 26-29, on the invitation of Indian President Ram Nath Kovind, to deepen bilateral ties. During the visit MoU for Cooperation on Combating Timber Trafficking, and Conservation of Tigers and other Wildlife was signed.
- Name the Indian state which signed MoU with Airport Authority of India (AAI) for the construction of 6 equipment hiring centers.
1) Arunachal Pradesh
Tripura State Government (govt) and Airport Authority of India (AAI) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for the construction of the 6 equipment hiring centers in Manu Block, Dhalai district, Tripura. The project has been taken by the AAI as part of its Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) scheme and the project will benefit 6000 families.
- Find the person who has been appointed as the new Chairman & Managing Director (CMD) of Metals & Minerals Trading Corporation (MMTC).
1) Gurdeep Singh
2) Ved Prakash
3) Sudhanshu Pandey
4) Shashi Shanker
5) Ashutosh Karnatak
Answer-3) Sudhanshu Pandey
Sudhanshu Pandey, Additional Secretary at the Department of Commerce, assumed additional charge as CMD (Chairman & Managing Director) of MMTC (Metals & Minerals Trading Corporation). He was the successor of Ved Prakash. Pandey currently discharges functions as the Chief Negotiator of India.
- Name the Indian City which is going to host the 108th Indian Science Congress in 2021 (January 3-7, 2021) based on the theme ‘Science and Technology for Sustainable Development with Women Empowerment’.
3) New Delhi
The Indian Science Congress association (ISCA) announced that Pune will host the annual session of 108th Indian Science Congress on January 3-7, 2021 at Symbiosis International University’s Lavale campus with the theme,” Science and Technology for Sustainable Development with Women Empowerment”.
- Name the Indian City where the 11th National Krishi Vigyan Kendra (KVK) Conference -2020 based on the theme ‘Empowering Youth for Technology Led Farming’ held?
5) New Delhi
Answer-5) New Delhi
A 3-day long 11th National Krishi Vigyan Kendra (KVK) Conference -2020 based on the theme ‘Empowering Youth for Technology Led Farming’ was held in New delhi.It wasinaugurated by Union Minister for Agriculture & Farmers’ Welfare, Rural Development & Panchayati Raj, Shri Narendra Singh Tomar.
- Name the mobile application which delivers Diesel at doorstep launched by Santhosh Gangwar (MoS – Labour & Employment) in New Delhi.
1) Himmat Plus
Shri Santosh Kumar Gangwar, Minister of State (MoS- Independent charge) for Labour & Employment, launched ‘Humsafar’ mobile application in New Delhi, which delivers diesel to doorstep of bulk users.
- Which Indian Ministry has launched the multi-lingual version of “Incredible India” website and mobile app in New Delhi?
1) Ministry of Culture
2) Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports
3) Ministry of Shipping
4) Ministry of Tourism
5) Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship
Answer-4) Ministry of Tourism
The Minister of State (MoS) for Tourism & Culture, Shri Prahlad Singh Patel has launched the multilingual version of ‘Incredible India’ website and mobile app in New Delhi with the aim to provide more information about India’s tourist destinations, attractions, experiences, and where the value lies. The website was earlier hosted only in English & Hindi and now it has been launched in 3 new languages i.e. Chinese, Arabic and Spanish.
- Name the Institute, which has developed an innovative intracranial flow diverter stent for the treatment of swelling of the blood vessels of the brain.
1) Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research
2) All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Jodhpur
3) Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Berhampur
4) Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research
5) Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology
Answer-5) Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology
A research team of Sree Chitra Thirunal Institute of Medical Science and Technology (SCTIMST), Thiruvananthapuram, an Institute of National Importance under the Department of Science and Technology has developed an innovative intracranial flow diverter stent named as Chitra Flow Diverter for the treatment of aneurysms of the blood vessels of the brain. The new technology is ready for transfer & further testing in animals, followed by human trials.
- What is the rank of Indian men’s team in the latest International Hockey Federation’s (FIH) World Rankings 2020 (as on March 2, 2020)?
As per the latest International Hockey Federation’s (FIH) latest world rankings 2020,Indian men’s team ranked 4th position which is the highest ranking position of the team since the formation of FIH rankings in 2003. Whereas, Indian Women’s team ranked No.9.
Men’s Rank List
Rank Country Points Secured 4 India 2064.14 1 Belgium 2481.34 2 Australia 2393.58 3 Netherlands 2237.61
Women’s Rank List
Rank Country Points Secured 9 India 1543 1 Netherlands 2626.03 2 Australia 2111.21 3 Argentia 2076.29
- Name the 1st cricketer who has played 100 matches in all three formats (Test, ODI, T20).
1) Virat Kohli
2) Kane Williamson
3) Chris Gayle
4) Ross Taylor
5) Rohit Sharma
Answer-4) Ross Taylor
During the India tour of New Zealand (Between January – March 2020), Ross Taylor became the 1st New Zealand male cricketer to play 100 matches in all three formats of cricket.
- Jack Welch who passed away recently (March 2020) is the former Chairman and CEO of which Multinational Company?
3) General Electric
5) Schneider Electric
Answer-3) General Electric
John Francis Welch Jr., former chairman & CEO (Chief Executive Officer) of General Electric (GE) Company passed away at the age of 84, in New York, US (United States). He was born on March 19, 1935 in Massachusetts, US. He grew General Electric company during the 1980s & 1990s into the most valuable public company in the US. In 1999, Fortune named him the “Manager of the Century” and the Financial Times named him “One of the 3 most admired business leaders in the world”.
- The World Wildlife Day (WWD) celebrated on 3rd March every year to raise awareness of the world’s wild animals and plants. What is the theme of WWD 2020?
1) Theme: “The future of wildlife is in our hands”
2) Theme: “Listen to the young voices”
3) Theme: “Sustaining all life on Earth”
4) Theme: “Big Cats”
5) Theme: “Life below Water: for People and Planet”
Answer-3) Sustaining all life on Earth
The World Wildlife Day (WWD) has been celebrated based on the theme “Sustaining all life on Earth”. The day aims to celebrate the beautiful and varied forms of wild fauna and flora & raises awareness for conservation of wildlife.
- The Theme for World Hearing Day (WHD) 2020 is “Hearing for life: Don’t let hearing loss limit you”. The WHD is observed annually on ______.
1) January 4
2) February 7
3) April 2
4) March 3
5) March 17
Answer-4) March 3
World Hearing Day (WHD) is observed annually on 3rd March by the Office of Prevention of Blindness and Deafness of the WHO (World Health Organization) to raise awareness on how to prevent deafness and hearing loss. The day is being observed since 2007 and before 2016 it was known as International Ear Care Day. Theme of WHD 2020: Hearing for life: Don’t let hearing loss limit you.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Sumit Sangwan belongs to which sports?
Indian boxer Sumit Sangwan, who was to serve a one-year ban for consuming a prohibited substance, has been cleared by National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA) after the athlete proved he took the medicine unintentionally.
- Manas National Park is located in which Indian State?
Manas National Park, a UNESCO Natural World Heritage Site located in Assam’s Baksa district, welcomed two female rhinos from Kaziranga National Park on 2nd March 2020 as part of a translocation programme by Assam forest department.
- What is the Currency of Myanmar?
- Where is the Headquarters of RBL Bank located at?
- Where is the Headquarters of United Nations Office of Drugs and Crime (UNODC) located at?
As per International Narcotics Control Board’s (INCB) report titled “Report of the International Narcotics Control Board for 2019” released by United Nations Office of Drugs and Crime (UNODC), United Nations Office of Drugs and Crime (UNODC), India is named among the top manufacturers of illicit and licit drugs that are smuggled to other countries. Headquarters of UNODC located at Vienna, Austria.
- Where is the Headquarters of Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) located at?
- Gaya International Airport is located in which Indian state?
Myanmar President Win Myint had a two-day tour of Bodh Gaya in Bihar, the holy town where Buddha has attained enlightenment. He was accompanied by his wife and a 28-member delegation of top Myanmarese officials. He landed at Gaya International Airport, Bihar and received by Bihar building construction minister Ashok Choudhary. He also visited Mucalinda Lake in Bihar.
[su_button url=”https://affairscloud.com/current-affairs/march-2020/” target=”self” style=”default” background=”#2D89EF” color=”#FFFFFF” size=”5″ wide=”no” center=”no” radius=”auto” icon=”” icon_color=”#FFFFFF” text_shadow=”none” desc=”” download=”” onclick=”” rel=”” title=”” id=”” class=””]Click Here to Try March Current Affairs 2020 Quiz[/su_button]