AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs March 3 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Under the aegis of the Union Ministry of Textiles, the National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) – New Delhi, will conduct a National Sizing Survey of India to develop an ‘India size chart’ for the garment industry. At present India is following which country’s tweaked version of size charts?
1. US or UK
2. US or China
3. US or Japan
4. US or Malaysia
5. US or UAEAnswer – 1. US or UK
Under the aegis of the Union Ministry of Textiles, the National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) – New Delhi, will conduct a National Sizing Survey of India to develop an ‘India size chart’ for the garment industry. The garment industry in India currently follows tweaked versions of US or the UK size charts of ‘small, medium, large, extra large’. Following these charts has been identified as main reason for high return and rejection rate of 20% to 40% in Indian garments industry. This rate has been increasing with the growth of e-commerce, and poor garment fit is the main reason given for return of garments purchased online. With ‘India Size Chart’ in place, all brands selling in India, including foreign brands, will have to carry the India size label on all garments
- Which state government launched ‘Khushi’, a scheme that offers free sanitary pads to 17 lakh girl students in the state?
5. GujaratAnswer – 4. Odisha
Odisha government launched ‘Khushi’, a scheme that offers free sanitary pads to 17 lakh girl students in Odisha. Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik launched the scheme ‘Khushi’. This will offer free sanitary pads for girl students from Class 6 to 12 studying in all government and government-aided schools of Odisha. He said that, this scheme will help in improving health and hygiene of adolescent girls and in higher retention of girl students in school. Odisha Health Minister Pratap Jena said that, Odisha government will also provide sanitary pads at a subsidised price to rural women through ASHA (Accredited Social Health Activist) workers.
- Which country announced that it will be on the grey list of Financial Action Task Force (FATF) from June 2018?
5. SrilankaAnswer – 1. Pakistan
Pakistan confirmed that it will be on the grey list of Financial Action Task Force (FATF) from June 2018. Decision to place Pakistan on ‘grey list’ was taken at FATF meeting in February 2018. Pakistan will be placed on the ‘grey list’ as FATF has observed deficiencies in its Anti-Money Laundering and Countering of Terrorist Financing framework. Being on the ‘grey list’ will make it harder for Pakistan Government to raise money from foreign sources, including multilateral financing agencies.
- In a bid to increase the importance of services sector and to encourage banks to lend more to this sector, Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has decided to remove the per borrower loan limits for ________________ involved in services, for classification under priority sector lending?
1. IT Companies
3. Agricultural Companies
4. Film Industry
5. All the aboveAnswer – 2. MSME’s
In a bid to increase the importance of services sector and to encourage banks to lend more to this sector, Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has decided to remove the per borrower loan limits for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) involved in services, for classification under priority sector lending. In case of the services sector, MSMED (Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Development) Act, 2006 defines micro and small enterprises as an entity where the investment is more than Rs.10 lakh, but does not exceed Rs. 2 crore. Medium enterprise has been defined as an entity where the investment in equipment is more than Rs. 2 crore but does not exceed Rs.5 crore. As per the current norms, loans to Micro/ Small enterprises up to Rs. 5 crore and loans to Medium Enterprises up to Rs. 10 crore were classified as priority sector lending (PSL). However, with the removal of this cap, all loans to MSMEs involved in providing/rendering services will be classified as priority sector lending.
- How many total Advance Pricing Agreements (APAs) are introduced by Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) so far?
5. 205Answer – 4. 203
Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) entered into seven more Advance Pricing Agreements (APAs), taking the total number of APAs to 203 so far. All seven APAs signed in February 2018 are unilateral APAs and pertain to automobile, pharmaceuticals, Financial and Food & Beverages sectors. Out of all APAs entered into by the CBDT till date, 185 are Unilateral APAs and 18 are Bilateral APAs. In the current financial year, i.e. 2017-18, CBDT has entered into 51 APAs so far, out of which, 44 are Unilateral and 7 are Bilateral. APA provisions were introduced in the Income-tax Act, 1961 in 2012. Objective of APA scheme is to provide certainty to taxpayers in the domain of transfer pricing by specifying the methods of pricing and thereby reducing litigation.
- Which Indian Actor-Politician has been honoured with a lifetime achievement award for his contribution to the fields of arts and politics at the annual ‘Political and Public Life Awards’ presented by Britain’s Asian Voice weekly newspaper?=
1. Kamal Hasan
2. Amitabh Bachchan
3. Shatrughan Sinha
5. Vinod KhannaAnswer – 3. Shatrughan Sinha
Indian Actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha has been honoured with a lifetime achievement award for his contribution to the fields of arts and politics at the annual ‘Political and Public Life Awards’ presented by Britain’s Asian Voice weekly newspaper. ‘Political and Public Life Awards’ presented by Britain’s Asian Voice weekly newspaper, honours individuals who have made a significant impact on public life or made a difference in their local communities. The award ceremony was held on March 1, 2018 at the Members’ Dining Room in the House of Commons building in UK’s Parliament complex. Shatrughan Sinha started his career as an actor in late 1960s. Till date, he has acted in over 225 films. He is a member of the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). He represents Bihar state’s Patna Sahib Constituency in the Lok Sabha.
- Armen Sarkisian was elected as the new president of which country?
5. ArmeniaAnswer – 5. Armenia
On March 2, 2018, Armenian Parliament elected Armen Sarkisian as country’s next president. 64 years-old Armen Sarkisian is Armenia’s former Prime Minister and currently serving as Armenia’s ambassador to the United Kingdom. In the Presidential vote by Armenia’s National Assembly, 90 members voted in favour of Armen Sarkisian, 10 voted against and one abstained. This is the first time in Armenia’s history, that a president has been elected by the National Assembly instead of popular vote. Armen Sarkisian will succeed the incumbent President Serge Sarkisian, whose term will end on April 9, 2018
- Which Space Organisation launched GOES-S, the world’s most advanced weather satellites?
5. CNESAnswer – 2. NASA
NASA launched GOES-S, another of world’s most advanced weather satellites. Abbreviation GOES stands for Geostationary Operational Environmental Satellites. GOES-S has been launched to safeguard Western US, by monitoring, forecasting and providing crisp images of hurricanes, wildfires, floods, mudslides and other natural calamities. GOES-16, the first spacecraft in the series, has been monitoring the Atlantic and US East Coast for the past year for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) of US. GOES-S will not only keep a watch over West Coast of US, Alaska and Hawaii, but also over Mexico and Central America.
- By defeating Pakistan, which country won the inaugural IBSF Snooker Team World Cup 2018 in Doha, Qatar?
5. MalaysiaAnswer – 3. India
India won the inaugural IBSF Snooker Team World Cup in Doha, Qatar. India beat Pakistan by 3-2 in the best-of-five final. In the finals, Indian duo of Pankaj Advani and Manan Chandra staged a remarkable recovery after being 0-2 down. In the semi finals, India won against Iran by 3-2, while Pakistan had beaten Hong Kong by 3-2.
- Shubhankar Sharma is related to which of the following?
5. TennisAnswer – 2. Golf
Indian golfer Shubhankar Sharma secured tied second position after the opening round of the World Golf Championships-Mexico Championship at Mexico City. Shubhankar Sharma fired six-under 65 and obtained tied second position after the opening round. Now, he is one shot behind Louis Oosthuizen. This is the first WGC tournament for Shubhankar Sharma. Shubhankar Sharma is 21 years old.
- Name the first Indian woman wrestler to win gold in the Senior Asian Championships by winning gold medal in the 65kg freestyle category in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan.
1. Babitha Kumari
2. Vinesh Phogat
3. Kavita Devi
4. Anisha Sayyed
5. Navjot KaurAnswer – 5. Navjot Kaur
Navjot Kaur became the first Indian woman wrestler to win gold in the Senior Asian Championships by winning gold medal in the 65kg freestyle category in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan. India’s Navjot Kaur defeated Japan’s Miya Imai 9-1 in the finals of the women’s 65kg freestyle category and won gold medal. Also, this is India’s first gold medal in the 2018 Asian Wrestling Championships. India’s Sakshi Malik defeated Kazakhstan’s Ayaulym Kassymova 10-7 and won bronze medal in the 62kg freestyle category.
- T Thomas recently passed away. Who was he?
5. JudgeAnswer – 3. Businessman
On 2nd March 2018, T Thomas, former Hindustan Unilever (HUL) and Business Standard chairman, passed away at the Breach Candy Hospital in Mumbai. T Thomas was 90 years old. He had been ill for some time. He was Chairman of Hindustan Unilever (HUL) from 1973 to 1980. He was also a visiting scholar at Sloan School, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA. He was also non-executive chairman of companies like Glaxo and Lafarge.
- In which state of India, the food processing centre will be launched, in collaboration with Israel?
5. BiharAnswer – 4. Mizoram
Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) of the Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER), MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr Jitendra Singh, launched the social media of “Namaste Shalom”, a magazine on India-Israel relations. The magazine ‘Namaste Shalom’ is edited by Tarun Vijay, former MP. Mr. Daniel Carmon, Israeli Ambassador to India, and other officials were also present on the occasion. Dr Jitendra Singh said that, a food processing centre in collaboration with Israel will be launched in Aizwal, Mizoram on 7th March 2018. The centre has been established at a cost of Rs 8-10 crore. This centre has been set up exclusively for processing of citrus fruits. This is the first such centre with Israeli collaboration in the North East region. This centre has been established through tripartite collaboration of Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Government of India, Government of Israel and State Government of Mizoram.
- When is the “World Wild Life Day” celebrated all over the world?
1. 28th February
2. 1st March
3. 2nd March
4. 3rd March
5. 4th MarchAnswer – 4. 3rd March
On 3rd March 2018, World Wild Life Day was celebrated all over the world. On 20th December 2013, the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) announced 3 March, as UN World Wildlife Day, to mark the date on which the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES) was signed. The World Wild Life Day is celebrated to create awareness about the world’s wild animals and plants and safeguard them. The theme for World Wildlife Day 2018 is: “Big cats: predators under threat”.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Who is the president of Israel?Reuven Rivlin
- NASA was formed in the year?1958
- What is the theme of World Wildlife Day 2018?“Big cats: predators under threat”
- Which is the capital city of Armenia?Yerevan; Currency – Dram
- Konark Sun Temple is in which place?Odisha