Welcome to Online Current Affairs March 29 2017 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Daily Current Affairs
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2017
- Read Our 2017 Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2017 March
- Third G-20 framework working group meet was held at ________ from March 28 to March 29, 2017
B.Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
D.Bhopal,Madhya PradeshAnswer – B.Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
Third meeting of G20 Framework Working Group (FWG) is hosted by India from March 28 to March 29, 2017 at Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh under the G-20 German Presidency. The meeting is co-hosted by Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance, Govt. of India and Reserve Bank of India (RBI). The meet is arranged to discuss the challenges before the global economy and their possible solutions.
- On 28th March 2017, Chief Minister of which North-East Indian state presented Rs 1437.84 Cr Deficit Budget For Fiscal Year 2017-18?
D.TripuraAnswer – A.Nagaland
Nagaland Chief Minister Shurhozelie Liezietsu presented deficit in budget of Rs 1437.84 Crore for the Fiscal Year 2017-18 (FY-18) on March 28, 2017. He added that the total income (gross receipt) for the State government will be Rs16657.26 crore and expenditure at Rs 16365.17 crore.
- Which of the following is a key provision of ‘Mental Healthcare Bill, 2016’ passed by Indian Parliament recently?
A.Attempt to suicide has been made punishable offence
B.Prime Minister of India will be the Ex officio Chairperson of Mental Health Review Commission
C.Every person will have a right to access Government funded/managed mental healthcare services without any form of discrimination
D.All mentally ill patients will be provided financial assistance of Rs. 50000/ from Central Government for treatmentAnswer – C. Every person will have a right to access Government funded/managed mental healthcare services without any form of discrimination
‘Mental Healthcare Bill, 2016’ has secured parliamentary approval as Lok Sabha on 27th March 2017, passed the Bill through a voice vote. Earlier in August 2016, Rajya Sabha had passed the Bill with 134 official amendments. Inputs from subject experts and political entities were sought at the time of formulating the Bill.
- Govt. of Jharkhand has signed Tripartite MoU with Airports Authority of India (AAI) and _______ for Development of Deoghar Airport in Jharkhand
B.International Monetary Fund (IMF)
C.Asian Development Bank (ADB)
D.Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO)Answer – D.Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO)
The Government of Jharkhand along with Airports Authority of India (AAI) & Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO) has signed a tripartite MoU on March 28, 2017 in Ranchi for development of Deoghar Airport located at Deoghar district of Jharkhand. Estimated cost for this activity is Rs. 300 crore
- Kerala, Tripura & Arunachal Pradesh have become the part of the Ujwal DISCOM Assurance Yojana (UDAY). Including these, total how many states have now joined UDAY?
D.23 statesAnswer – A. 26 states
The power ministry has informed that a total of 26 states have now become the part of the Ujwal DISCOM Assurance Yojana (UDAY) with the recent entry of Kerala, Arunachal Pradesh and Tripura for the revival of debt stressed Discoms. UDAY scheme was announced by Minister of State (IC) for Power, Coal & New and Renewable Energy, Piyush Goyal, in November 2015.
- Which High Court has ordered its State Government to Ban mining for 4 Months?
D.GujaratAnswer – B.Uttarakhand
Uttarakhand High Court’s order by a bench of Justices Rajiv Sharma and Sudhanshu Dhulia was based on an incident where a forest guard was allegedly killed by illegal miners near Corbett National Park when he had tried to stop them and a tiger was crushed by an earthmovers used by miners in the region.
- The Supreme Court of India has ruled out on March 29, 2017 that no vehicles which are Bharat Stage-IV emissionnon-compliantwill be registered or sold in the country after:
A.1st July 2017
B.1st October 2017
C.1st April 2017
D.1st January 2018Answer – C.1st April 2017
The order passed by the bench of Justice Madan B. Lokur and Justice Deepak Gupta has prohibited all the vehicle-registering authorities from registering BS-IV non-compliant vehicles from 1st April 2017. The decision was taken keeping in mind the health of the people.
- Which Balkan country, is set to become the 29th member of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO)soon after US senate ratifies its pending membership?
D.MonetenegroAnswer – D.Montenegro
For Montenegro to become NATO’s member all 28 NATO members must ratify Montenegro’s entry and only US is left among them to do so. For US to approve the treaty, a two-third vote is required in the Senate. On March 28, 2017, US Senators voted 97-2 favoring Montenegro’s entry into the alliance.
- Which public sector bank has recently launched ‘Unnati’ credit card?
A.State Bank of India
B.Bank of Baroda
C.Punjab National Bank
D.Indian BankAnswer – : A.State Bank of India
India’s largest Public Sector Lender State Bank of India has launched a unique credit card ‘SBI Card Unnati’ on March 28, 2017. This new brand credit card targets at all SBI customers, including Jan Dhan account-holders across the country
- Which among the following virtual currencies has the largest market capitalisation?
D.PeercoinAnswer – B.Bitcoin
In reply to a question raised in Rajya Sabha, Arjun Ram Meghwal – Minister of State for Finance has mentioned that Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has cautioned about potential legal, financial and security risk arising on account of holding, investing or trading in virtual currencies including Bitcoin.
- As per data revealed by Central Electricity Authority, India has become a ‘Net Exporter’ of electricity for the first time in history. India exports electricity to which countries?
A.Sri Lanka, Nepal and Bangladesh
B.Nepal, Bangladesh and Bhutan
C.Nepal, Bangladesh and Mynamar
D.Myanmar, Bhutan and Sri LankaAnswer – C.Nepal, Bangladesh and Mynamar
India exported 5,798 Million Units to Nepal, Bangladesh and Myanmar against import of around 5,585 Million units from Bhutan for the period April 2016-February 2017.
- Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI)has signed an agreement with which company to train 50,000 street food vendors under FSSAI’s project named ‘Clean Street Food’?
D.Coca-CoalAnswer – D.Coca-Cola
The Memorandum of understanding (MoU) was signed by Pawan Agarwal, CEO, FSSAI and Venkatesh Kini, president, Coca-Cola India and South West Asia. This project is initiated as a contribution for Skill India campaign. The project is expected to be carried out for the next 3 years.
- Central Government has imposed ______ percent import duty on wheat and Turdal (Arhar) with immediate effect from March 28, 2017.
D.7 percentAnswer – A.10 percent
The announcement was made by Minister of State for Finance, Arjun Ram Meghwal in the Lok Sabha. Low prices and estimates of bumper harvest in the current year led the government to re-impose the duty.
- Name the Indian-origin British Cabinet Minister, who received Pravasi Bharatiya Samman Award (PBSA)on 28th March 2017
D.Neela JoshiAnswer – B.Priti Patel
The PBSA was conferred on Priti Patel by Indian President Pranab Mukherjee in January 2017 during the 14th edition of Pravasi Bharatiya Divas Convention held in Bengaluru. This award was given to Priti Patel for her outstanding contribution to national and international politics, her role in strengthening relation between United Kingdom (UK) and India, and for her support to Indian Diaspora in the UK.
- Name the Odisha-based installation artist who has won Glefiddich’s Emerging Artist of the Year Award 2017
D.Vijay BehraAnswer – C. Sitaram Swain
Indian Installation Artist Sitaram Swain was presented the 2017 Glenfiddichs Emerging Artist of the Year award on March 25, 2017 at Best college art Gallery at Lado Sarai, New Delhi. He was honored for his innovative art style of portraying social issues through household objects and unique concepts.
- David Beasley who has been appointed as the new Executive Director of the World Food Programme (WFP) is the former Governor of which U.S. State?
D.South CarolinaAnswer – D.South Carolina
Beasley’s appointment was conveyed to the WFP executive board by Guterres on March 28, 2017. He will replace Ertharin Cousin of America, who was serving the post since 2012.
- After 29 illustrious years of service,TU142M aircraft has been de-inducted from the Indian Navy. TU142M is made in:
D.FranceAnswer – A.Russia
A special farewell ceremony for TU142M was organised on 29th March 2017, at INS Rajali, the premiere Naval Air Station located in Arakkonam, Tamil Nadu. TU142M (Tupolev – 142M) is a Russian made aircraft. In the year 1988, it was inducted in Indian Navy at INS Hansa based in Goa.
- According to a new study conducted by the scientist at the US National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR), similar planetary waves that exist in the atmosphere high above the Earth surface may also exist on Sun. Planetary waves are also known as:
D.Crypto WavesAnswer – B.Rossby Waves
The discovery of magnetized Rossby waves on the Sun marks the possibility that the space weather could be predicted much in advance. The study was performed by Scott McIntosh, scientist at NCAR along with co-authors William Cramer of Yale University, Manuel Pichardo Marcano of Texas Tech University, and Robert Leamon of the University of Maryland, College Park.
- IAAMS, the New Weather Monitoring System, has been launched to use by Navy Chief Admiral Sunil Lanbaon March 29, 2017. What does abbreviation IAAM stand for?
A.Integrated Advacned Aviation Meteorological System
B.Integrated Advanced Aviation Monitoring System
C.Integrated Automatic Aviation Meteorological System
D.Integrated Automatic Aviation Monitoring SystemAnswer – C. Integrated Automatic Aviation Meteorological System
The IAAMS was launched at Rajali Air Station in Tamil Nadu. The installation of the system at remaining 8 stations is expected to be completed by March 2019. The main reason behind the launch of IAAMS is that the project will give a major boost to aviation safety, through automation of weather monitoring process.
- Name the cyclone which affected New South Wales and Queensland states of Australia in the end of March 2017
D.Cyclone DebbieAnswer – D.Cyclone Debbie
The Coastal areas in northeast Australia were severely damaged by high winds and heavy rainfall on March 28, 2017, as Tropical Cyclone Debbie entered through the far north of Queensland damaging homes and leaving thousands houses without power supply. The category 4 cyclone, Debbie, moved with a wind speed of more than 220 km per hour (135 mph) damaging the tourist resorts in Whitsunday Islands along the world-famous Great Barrier Reef.
- Chirag Shetty and Satwiksairaj Rankireddy are associated with which sport?
D.ArcheryAnswer – A.Badminton
Chirag Shetty and Satwiksairaj Rankireddy the Indian men doubles team won the title at the Vietnam International Challenge Badminton tournament at Hanoi on March 27, 2017. This title is their 4th International Challenge title. The world Ranked 59 Chirag and Satwik clinched the title against Trawut Potieng and Nanthakarn Yordphaisong from Thailand.
- Ahmed Kathrada, who passed away on 28th March 2017, was an:
A.Indian-Origin South African Cricketer
B.Indian-Origin South African Diplomat
C.Indian-Origin South African Anti-Apartheid Activist
D.Indian-Origin South African Novel WriterAnswer – C.Indian-Origin South African Anti-Apartheid Activist
Ahmed Kathrada, renowned Indian- origin South African anti-apartheid activist, who was sentenced to life imprisonment along with Nelson Mandela, died on March 28, 2017 at the Donald Gordon Hospital, Johannesburg following a brain surgery. He was 87. Kathrada was known to be a close colleague of Mandela.