AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs March 28 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- NITI Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant launched the ‘Champions of Change’ Dashboard. This dashboard was created by NITI Aayog in partnership with which State government?
4. Andhra Pradesh
5. BiharAnswer – 4. Andhra Pradesh
On March 28, 2018, NITI Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant launched the baseline ranking for the Aspirational Districts based on published data of 49 indicators across five developmental areas of Education, Health and Nutrition, Agriculture and Water Resources, Basic Infrastructure and Financial Inclusion and Skill Development. Mr. Kant also announced that the ‘Champions of Change’ Dashboard (created by NITI Aayog in partnership with the Government of Andhra Pradesh) for real-time data collection and monitoring will be open for public viewing from April 1, 2018. District Collectors of all the aspirational districts will be able to input the latest available data of their respective districts through this Dashboard. Besides, in order to exemplify the spirit of competitive federalism, Delta Ranking (ranking based on incremental progress) of Districts will be available from May 2018.
- As per findings of National Annual Rural Sanitation Survey (NARSS) 2017-18, _____% households in Indian villages have access to toilets are using them?
5. 93%Answer – 5. 93%
As per findings of National Annual Rural Sanitation Survey (NARSS) 2017-18, about 77% homes in rural areas of India have got toilets and over 93 per cent households in villages who have access to toilets are using them. NARSS 2017-18, was conducted by an independent verification agency selected by Union Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation under the World Bank support project to the Swachh Bharat Mission Gramin (SBM-G). The survey was conducted between mid-November 2017 to mid-March 2018 and covered 92040 households in 6136 villages of India. The survey also re-confirmed the Open Defecation Free (ODF) status of about 96% of villages which were declared and verified as ODF by various districts and states. The report outlined that 70% of the villages surveyed had minimal litter and minimal stagnant water.
- India and china had a meeting on Economic Relations, Trade, Science & Technology on March 26, 2018 in New Delhi. From India who joined this meeting?
1. Narendra Modi
2. Sushma Swaraj
3. Suresh Prabhu
4. Arun Jaitely
5. Smriti IraniAnswer – 3. Suresh Prabhu
On March 26, 2018, a meeting between Union Commerce and Industry Minister, Suresh Prabhu and China’s Trade Minister Zhong Shan was held in New Delhi. This meeting was held under the aegis of the China-India joint-group on Economic Relations, Trade, Science & Technology. During the meeting, both the countries agreed to renegotiate a bilateral investment agreement and jointly prepare a road map to reduce the massive trade imbalance in favour of China. It is to be noted that India’s goods trade deficit with China for the first ten months of 20017-18 stands at $52 billion as against $0.6 billion in 2000-01. This meeting was held in the backdrop of US plan to impose $50-billion tariffs on Chinese goods, a move which trade experts believe, would trigger a global trade war.
- SAUBHAGYA scheme is related to which of the following?
2. Women empowerment
3. Electrification Programme
5. FishermanAnswer – 3. Electrification Programme
Union Ministry of Power partnered with the Union Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship to train the manpower in six states for speedy implementation of SAUBHAGYA scheme. SAUBHAGYA (Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojna) aims to achieve universal household electrification in all parts of India in a time bound manner. Training the manpower in six states – Assam, Bihar, Madhya Pradesh, Jharkhand, Odisha and Uttar Pradesh – under this initiative, will be undertaken as a special project under Central Government’s Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY). Training will be provided to around 47000 Distribution Lineman-Multi Skills and 8500 Technical Helpers to meet the requirement of power sector. This partnership will be instrumental in addressing the issue of lack of trained manpower, which has been the main constraint in speedy implementation of the Government’s electrification programme under SAUBHAGYA.
- Which cricketer’s wax figure will be featured soon at Madame Tussauds wax museum, Delhi?
1. MS Dhoni
2. Don Bradman
3. Virat Kohli
4. Ricky Ponting
5. Chris GayleAnswer – 3. Virat Kohli
Indian cricket captain Virat Kohli’s wax figure will soon be unveiled at Madame Tussauds, Delhi. Madame Tussauds wax museum in Delhi is known for the portrayal of the famous names in the world of entertainment, sports, history and politics. The main Madame Tussauds wax museum is in London and smaller museums are located in a number of other major cities of the world including New York, Berlin, Beijing, Tokyo, Singapore and Sydney. Kapil Dev, Sachin Tendulkar and Critiano Ronaldo are other sportsperson featured at Madame Tussauds Delhi.
- SAP (Systems, Applications & Products in Data Processing) signed a Statement of Intent (SOI) with NITI Aayog’s Atal Innovation Mission (AIM). Under AIM, Atal Tinkering Laboratories (ATLs) have been established in schools across India to foster curiosity, creativity and imagination in young generation. As part of the SOI, SAP will adopt how many Atal Tinkering Laboratories (ATL) during 2018 to promote science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) education among secondary school children across India?
5. 500Answer – 2. 100
On March 27, 2018, SAP (Systems, Applications & Products in Data Processing) signed a Statement of Intent (SOI) with NITI Aayog’s Atal Innovation Mission (AIM). NITI Aayog’s Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) is Indian Government’s endeavour to promote a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship across Indian schools, universities and industries. Under AIM, Atal Tinkering Laboratories (ATLs) have been established in schools across India to foster curiosity, creativity and imagination in young generation. As part of the SOI, SAP will adopt 100 Atal Tinkering Laboratories (ATL) during 2018 to promote science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) education among secondary school children across India, specifically in Rajasthan, Delhi, Gujarat, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana. It is to be noted that AIM currently has similar partnerships with Intel and IBM and SAP has thus become the third partner for the programme.
- India is _________ largest electricity producer in the world?
5. SixthAnswer – 2. Third
With production of 1423 billion units (BU) in Financial Year 2016, India was the third largest producer of electricity in the world. Over seven years to 2017, electricity production in India grew by 34%. India now produces more electricity than Japan and Russia, which had 27% and 8.77% more electricity generation capacity installed, respectively, than India seven years ago. According to a report by India Brand Equity Foundation (IBEF), a trust established by the commerce ministry, Electricity production in India stood at 1003.525 BU between April 2017-January 2018.
- The CBDT (Central Board of Direct Taxes) has extended the deadline for the PAN-Aadhaar linking from the current last date of 31 March 2018 to__________?
1. 30th May 2018
2. 1st June 2018
3. 30th June 2018
4. 1st July 2018
5. 30th July 2018Answer – 3. 30 June 2018
The CBDT (Central Board of Direct Taxes) has extended the deadline for the PAN-Aadhaar linking from the current last date of 31 March 2018 to 30 June 2018. The order issued by CBDT said that, the deadline for PAN-Aadhaar linking for filing I-T returns is extended till 30 June 2018. This order by CBDT has been issued after the Supreme Court judgment that was made earlier this month, ordering extension of the March 31deadline for linking Aadhaar with several other services. This is the fourth extension offered by the government for individuals to link their Permanent Account Number (PAN) with their biometric ID (Aadhaar). Previous deadlines were 31 July 2017, 31 August 2017 and 31 December 2017.
- In which Indian state, Indira Gandhi Memorial Tulip Garden, Asia’s largest Tulip garden was opened for visitors?
5. Jammu & KashmirAnswer – 5. Jammu & Kashmir
On 25th March 2018, Indira Gandhi Memorial Tulip Garden, Asia’s largest Tulip garden, in Srinagar, Jammu & Kashmir, was opened for visitors. The Indira Gandhi Memorial Tulip Garden is located on the foothills of the Zabarwan mountain range along the banks of Dal Lake. Jammu and Kashmir Floriculture minister Javed Mustafa Mir said that, the floriculture department has planted 12.25 lakh Tulip bulbs of 40 varieties and colours in the garden.
- In which Indian city, the 15th meeting of the India-US Counterterrorism Joint Working Group was held at?
2. New Delhi
5. HyderabadAnswer – 2. New Delhi
On 27th March 2018, the 15th meeting of the India-US Counterterrorism Joint Working Group was held in New Delhi. The India delegation was led by Ministry of External Affairs Joint Secretary Mahaveer Singhvi. US delegation was led by U.S. State Department’s Principal Deputy Coordinator for Counterterrorism, Alina L. Romanowski. Threats posed by terrorist groups throughout the world and in their respective regions including cross border terrorism in the South Asian region were reviewed by the working group. Both countries ensured to strengthen information exchange on world’s most dangerous terrorist groups and individuals. They discussed efforts to curb the funding and operations of regional and global terrorist organizations.
- Seychelles’ opposition coalition (which holds a majority in Seychelles Parliament) stated that it would not ratify a deal signed with India to build military infrastructure on its __________ Island?
1. Praslin Island
2. Cerf Island
3. Aride Island
4. Assumption Island
5. Cousin IslandAnswer – 4. Assumption
Seychelles’ opposition coalition (which holds a majority in Seychelles Parliament) stated that it would not ratify a deal signed with India to build military infrastructure on its Assumption Island. Agreement on Assumption Island Project in Seychelles was signed in 2015 during Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to Seychelles. However, owing to opposition, a revised agreement, including several amendments was prepared in January 2018. Now the opposition is not ready to ratify it as in past few months there has been public protests in Seychelles against this projects based on fear that India would appropriate the Assumption Island.
- SBI Cards announced that it has partnered with Indian Medical Association (IMA) to launch ________?
1. Doctor’s SBI Card
2. Doctor’s Loan Card
3. Doctor’s ID Card
4. Doctor’s Appraisal Card
5. None of the aboveAnswer – 1. Doctor’s SBI Card
SBI Cards announced that it has partnered with Indian Medical Association (IMA) to launch ‘Doctor’s SBI Card’, which has been designed to complement the distinct lifestyles and needs of doctors. SBI Cards is a joint venture between India’s largest bank, State Bank of India and The Carlyle Group, while IMA is the voluntary representative organisation of Doctors. Among other features just like regular cards, unique proposition of ‘Doctor’s SBI Card is the professional indemnity insurance cover of Rs 10 lakh to protect doctors against professional risks and liabilities. This is an industry-first feature which covers legal and defense costs as well as out of court settlements and court awards emanating on account of unforeseen events of claims raised by patients or related parties.
- Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the Government of India have signed $80 million loan agreement to modernize technical and vocational education and training (TVET) institutions in State of ____________?
3. Himachal Pradesh
4. Madhya Pradesh
5. MaharashtraAnswer – 3. Himachal Pradesh
Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the Government of India have signed $80 million loan agreement to modernize technical and vocational education and training (TVET) institutions in State of Himachal Pradesh. Funds procured through this loan will be used to conduct short-term and long-term training programs in growth areas including electronics, automobiles, pharmaceutical, tourism and hospitality, health care etc Relevant and good quality TVET programs will be developed which will improve employment prospects of nearly 65000 youths by 2022. Funds will be deployed in establishing a polytechnic for women, seven Rural Livelihood Centres, six city Livelihood Centers and upgrade 11 employment exchanges into model career Centres.
- Which bank in India will facilitate to set up ‘WomenInTech (WIT) Forum that will work towards encouraging women to take up careers in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM)?
1. Royal Bank of Canada
2. Lloyds Bank
3. HSBC Bank
4. Royal Bank of Scotland
5. Canara BankAnswer – 4. Royal Bank of Scotland
Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) in India will facilitate to set up ‘WomenInTech (WIT) Forum that will work towards encouraging women to take up careers in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM). WIT Forum will not only work towards creating awareness among young women about career opportunities in STEM but will also provide scholarships for economically weaker section. It will also provide mentoring and upskilling to increase the employability of women in STEM careers. Professional consultancy network Deloitte is the knowledge partner for this initiative. In the context of this news, it is important to note that nearly 2.5-3 million new jobs will be created in the IT and IT enabled services sector by 2025.
- Who was appointed the acting chairperson of National Green Tribunal (NGT) by the Supreme Court?
1. Justice Altamas Kabir
2. Justice Jawad Rahim
3. Justice Ajay Manikrao
4. Justice Sanjay Kishan
5. Justice Ashok BhushanAnswer – 2. Justice Jawad Rahim
On 27th March 2018, Justice Jawad Rahim was appointed as the acting chairperson of National Green Tribunal (NGT) by the Supreme Court. Justice Jawad Rahim is a judicial member of National Green Tribunal (NGT). He will perform his duties as acting chairperson of NGT until a regular appointment is made. He will also participate in the selection process of other members of the NGT. However, it has been made clear that his appointment is an interim arrangement and a regular appointment will be made soon for the post of the Chairman of NGT.
- Who was appointed the new chairman cum managing director (CMD) of RINL (Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Ltd)?
1. N V Ramana
2. Arjan Kumar
3. Rajesh Kumar
4. Mohan Sinha
5. Pradosh Kumar RathAnswer – 5. Pradosh Kumar Rath
Pradosh Kumar Rath has been shortlisted as the new chairman cum managing director (CMD) of RINL (Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Ltd). At present, Pradosh Kumar Rath, is Director (Operations) at RINL. Public Enterprises Selection Board (PESB) selects candidates for top positions at public sector units. PESB had interviewed six candidates including Pradosh Kumar Rath for the chairman cum managing director position at RINL. Pradosh Kumar Rath was selected as the top choice by PESB on 27th March 2018. Pradosh Kumar Rath’s appointment is subject to clearance by the Central Vigilance Commission and the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet. If his appointment gets clearance, Pradosh Kumar Rath will get a 3 year tenure at RINL as CMD. RINL’s current CMD P Madhusudan will retire on 31st May 2018.
- Who was appointed the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Ayushman Bharat National Health Protection Mission?
1. Kurian Joseph
2. Navin Sinha
3. Indu Bhushan
4. Ranjan Gogoi
5. Sharad Arvind BobdeAnswer – 3. Indu Bhushan
On 27th March 2018, Indu Bhushan was appointed the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Ayushman Bharat National Health Protection Mission. Indu Bhushan is the Director General of East Asia Department, Asian Development Bank (ADB) in Manila, Philippines. He has been appointed as CEO of Ayushman Bharat National Health Protection Mission for 2 years. Earlier, he was Director General of the Strategy and Policy Department in ADB. He joined ADB in 1997.
- Karnataka Chief Electoral Officer Sanjiv Kumar announced whom as the state election icon for Karnataka Assembly polls?
1. Sourav Ganguly
2. Sachin Tendulkar
3. Virender Sehwag
4. Rahul Dravid
5. V V S LaxmanAnswer – 4. Rahul Dravid
Karnataka Chief Electoral Officer Sanjiv Kumar announced that, cricketer Rahul Dravid will be the state election icon for Karnataka Assembly polls. Sanjiv Kumar said that, disabled government employees will be appointed as polling staff in selected polling stations for the first time. He added that, 450 all-women polling stations will be set up. The Election Commission of India has announced a single phase poll for the Karnataka Legislative Assembly on 12th May 2018. The Karnataka Legislative Assembly comprises 224 members. Votes will be counted on 15th May 2018.
- Win Myint was elected as the President of which country?
5. SwedenAnswer – 3. Myanmar
On 28th March 2018, Win Myint was elected as President of Myanmar by Myanmar’s parliament. Win Myint replaces Htin Kyaw as President of Myanmar. Last week Htin Kyaw resigned citing health reasons. Win Myint is 66 years old. He is former speaker of Myanmar’s House of Representatives. He is a member of National League for Democracy. He was made a vice-president of Myanmar last week. On 28th March 2018, the Myanmar Parliament voted for the three vice-presidents to elect one of them to the post of President. Win Myint secured 403 votes and defeated Myint Swe who obtained 211 votes and Henry Van Tio who got 18 votes.
- In which Indian city, Defence Investiture Ceremony was held at?
1. New Delhi
5. UdaipurAnswer – 1. New Delhi
President Ram Nath Kovind presented Gallantry Awards and distinguished service decorations at the Defence Investiture Ceremony held at Rashtrapati Bhavan, New Delhi. President Kovind presented three Kirti Chakra, 17 Shaurya Chakra, 14 Param Vishisht Seva Medals (PVSM), one Uttam Yudh Seva Medal (UYSM) and 22 Ati Vishisht Seva Medals (AVSM). These awards were announced on the eve of Republic Day. Kirti Chakra is the second highest peacetime gallantry award (After Ashok Chakra), presented for valour, courageous action or self-sacrifice away from the field of battle.
- Name the Two Indian activists who have been selected among 20 finalists for the Commonwealth Youth Awards 2018 for their contribution towards achieving gender equality?
1. Mirnalini Dayal and Subimal Roy
2. Mirnalini Dayal and Yogesh Kumar
3. Mirnalini Dayal and Sudhakar Kurdukar
4. Mirnalini Dayal and Amarendra Nath
5. Mirnalini Dayal and Ram PrakashAnswer – 2. Mirnalini Dayal and Yogesh Kumar
Two Indian activists Mirnalini Dayal and Yogesh Kumar have been selected among 20 finalists for the Commonwealth Youth Awards 2018 for their contribution towards achieving gender equality. Mirnalini Dayal and Yogesh Kumar have been selected from across 53 Commonwealth member-countries. Mirnalini Dayal has been chosen for her work as a campaign leader for ‘Health Over Stigma’. Yogesh Kumar has been shortlisted for establishing the social enterprise ‘Even Cargo’. Both the finalists are based in Delhi. They were selected for their work towards achieving the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goal No. 5 on gender equality. The Commonwealth Youth Awards 2018 recognises people from 15 to 29 years of age whose work had a remarkable impact on their communities.
- Which country’s space agency, announced that during 2018, it will launch two new satellite missions to enhance the view of Earth’s frozen regions?
5. USAAnswer – 5. USA
On March 27, 2018, US space agency, National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) announced that during 2018, it will launch two new satellite missions to enhance the view of Earth’s frozen regions. Firstly, NASA in collaboration with German Research Centre for Geosciences will launch the Gravity Recovery and Climate Experiment Follow-On (GRACE-FO) mission (as a continuation of the original GRACE mission) which will track fluctuations in Earth’s gravity field in order to detect changes in mass, including the mass of ice sheets and aquifers. Thereafter, Ice, Cloud, and Land Elevation Satellite-2 (ICESat-2) will be launched to measure the changing elevation of ice around the world. ICESat-2 will use a highly advanced laser instrument. These missions are significant as it will offer insights into changes in Cryosphere (portions of Earth’s surface where water is in solid form viz. sea ice, glaciers, ice caps etc.) which are impacting lives of people all around the world.
- All India Football Federation (AIFF) launched “Scout-Me”, a mobile based scouting application to discover future players. This app was launched by ___________?
1. Naren Ray
2. Jaganath Shetty
3. Kush Pandey
4. Swatanter Kumar
5. RadhaKrishnanAnswer – 3. Kush Pandey
On 27th March 2018, All India Football Federation (AIFF) launched “Scout-Me”, a mobile based scouting application to discover future players. AIFF has become the first National Sports Federation to launch a mobile based scouting application to discover future players. Scout-Me app will make the scouting process easy. Scout-Me app has been developed by Kush Pandey. Kush Pandey is 17 years old. He is a football enthusiast. He had represented Delhi at the National Championships. He also leads his school football team.
- Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) launched a new portal which enables EPFO pensioners to obtain pension-related information. The facility can be accessed from which website?
5. www.epfindia.gov.inAnswer – 5. www.epfindia.gov.in
On 28th March 2018, Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) launched a new portal which enables EPFO pensioners to obtain pension-related information. This portal will help users to obtain details like pension payment order number, payment order details, passbook information and other related information. It will also help pensioners to check the status of their life certificate. It will also furnish details and reason for stoppage of pension. The enhanced “Track eKYC” facility for the convenience of members has also been introduced to verify status of Aadhaar seeded against their Universal Account Number (UAN). The facility can be accessed at Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO)’s website: www.epfindia.gov.in
- Steve Smith and David Warner were banned from playing cricket after the ball-tampering scandal during the Cape Town Test against South Africa. They belonged to which country’s cricket team?
4. South Africa
5. AustraliaAnswer – 5. Australia
Steve Smith and David Warner were banned from playing for Australia by Cricket Australia after the ball-tampering scandal during the Cape Town Test against South Africa. It was found out that sandpaper was used in an attempt to rough up the ball. Opener Cameron Bancroft has been given a nine-month ban for executing the plan in the third South Africa Test. Steve Smith has been banned from captaining the Australian national team for two years. It is said that, David Warner, former vice-captain, will never be considered for any leadership position in the future. Steve Smith and Cameron Bancroft will have to wait 12 months for them to be considered for a leadership role.
- V. Sriharsha recently passed away. Who was he?
5. SingerAnswer – 3. Journalist
V. Sriharsha, a reputed journalist, died due to cardiac arrest, in New Delhi. V. Sriharsha was 62 years old. He worked as a media consultant with the GMR Group after he had retired as Bureau Chief of ETV (Delhi). Earlier, he had worked with The Indian Express, Pioneer and Deccan Chronicle.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- NASA was founded in the year?1958
- National Green Tribunal (NGT) was located at?New Delhi
- Headquarters of Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) was located at?Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
- Asian Development Bank (ADB) was formed in the year?1966
- Which is the capital of Seychelles?Victoria