Welcome to Online Current Affairs March 2017 28 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Daily Current Affairs
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2017
- Read Our 2017 Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2017 March
- Recently Mr. Arun Jaitley cleared major military reforms proposal. These reforms are based on recommendations of which committee?
A.Ajay Mathur Committee
B.DB Shekatkar Committee
C.Rakesh Singh Committee
D.Manoj Sinha Committee
Answer – B.DB Shekatkar Committee
Union finance minister Arun Jaitley, who currently holds additional charge of the defence ministry, has given approval for implementing comprehensive military reforms. The approval comes after Mr. Jaitley reviewed a presentation on 18th March 2017, which was primarily based on a recommendations made by the Lt General (retired) DB Shekatkar committee.
- Government of India has signed a contract with GEM Laboratories for hydrocarbons exploration in Neduvasal village. This village is located in which state of India?
Answer –A.Tamil Nadu
Protest against hydrocarbons exploration in Tamil Nadu’s Neduvasal village is once again in news following the signing of contract by Government of India with GEM Laboratories on 27th March 2017. The villagers believe that exploration activity will result in agricultural soil deterioration in the areas, contamination of ground water table and the production of methane gas will pose as a health hazard for locals.
- On March 28, 2017, The Ministry of Food Processing Industries sanctioned _______ Cold Chains projects across the country
Maharashra, Uttar Pradesh and Gujarat are the top three states that will get maximum benefits through these projects. These projects are inaugurated by Union Minister of Food Processing Industries Harsimrat Kaur Badal.
- Following the footsteps of Uttar Pradesh State Govt., which BJP-ruled state has announced to impose ban on illegal slaughterhouses in the state?
Jharkhand state government under the Chief Minister Raghubar Das, has given 72 hours to slaughterhouses to shut their illegal businesses in case they failed to obtain licence from the relevant authorities. The decision was taken after considering overall public order, safety, and health of the people.
- As per World Health Organisation’s (WHO’s) norm, person unable to count fingers beyond a distance of _____metres is termed as blind
Answer – A.3 metres
The Government of India is soon to amend the definition of Blindness to bring it in line with the definition stated in World Health Organization’s (WHO) criteria. As per National Programme for Control of Blindness (NPCB), in India, a person unable to count fingers from a distance of six metres is categorised as “blind”.
- Internationally recognised Afghan-Pakistani border is known as
Answer –C.Durand Line
On March 25, 2017, Pakistan’s Army Chief Qamar Javed Bajwa made an announcement that Pakistan has started constructing a fence along the Afghan-Pakistani border to restrict the Islamist militants from Afghanistan to cross the border and launch attacks on Pakistani soil.
- Which Canadian city will host 9th edition of the World Environmental Education Congress (WEEC) scheduled to be held from September 9-15, 2017?
The World Environmental Education Congress (WEEC) is an international congress that provides a platform for anyone working for education for environment and sustainable future or who has an interest in the field. ‘Culture Environment: Weaving New Connections’ will be the theme of 9th edition WEEC.
- United Nations Conference to Negotiate a Legally Binding Instrument to Prohibit Nuclear Weapons, Leading Towards their Total Elimination, was held in _________ from March 27-31, 2017
D.New York, US
Answer –D.New York
It is the first multilateral negotiations on nuclear disarmament at the United Nations since past 20 years. Also for the first time, India is not participating in the conference, taking into account the nation’s own interests. However, India would stay in touch with the developments taking place at the conference.
- Which among the following became the first Indian state to extend banking facilities to masses in unbanked areas through Self- Help Groups (SHGs)?
To implement this initiative, Odisha State Government has signed an agreement with State Bank of India (SBI)the largest public sector bank of India. Odisha Govt.’s Odisha Livelihoods Mission (OLM) is the main party (corporate agent) in this agreement with SBI. Around three lakh SHGs, currently operating under OLM will take up the role of Banking Correspondents (BCs).
- In context of Indian banking industry, ‘Project Ananya’ is associated with which public sector bank?
C.Bank of Baroda
D.Punjab National Bank
Answer – B.Syndicate Bank
Syndicate Bank’s Project Ananya is a large scale transformation program which mainly focuses on improved customer service and offering latest in digital banking. Syndicate Bank opened 40 ‘Ananya’ transformed branches, digitally on March 27, 2017. The branches were inaugurated in the presence of Arun Shrivastava, its Managing Director and CEO.
- Which private sector bank has partnered with Truecaller to Launch UPI-based ‘Truecaller Pay’?
Answer – C.ICICI Bank
Truecaller Pay will allow users of the Truecaller app to instantly create a UPI id, send money to any UPI id or a mobile number registered with the BHIM app. It will also allow users to recharge their mobile number using the app.
- Recently, India has renewed Fuel Supply Pact for Five Years with which neighbouring country?
Answer – D.Nepal
India has signed a renewed Petroleum Trade Agreement with Nepal on March 27, 2017 to supply petroleum products to Nepal with prompt service. The supply agreement was signed between State-owned Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) and Nepal Oil Corporation (NOC) for a period of five years. The agreement will be effective from April 2017 to March 2022.
- Which private sector bank has been honored as the ‘Best Small Bank for 2016’ by Business Todayin association with KMPGin Small Bank category with balance sheet size of less than Rs. 1 lakh crore?
A.Karur Vysya Bank
C.City Union Bank
Answer –A.Karur Vysya Bank
The award was received by K Venkataraman, Managing Director, KVB from Sudhir Munguntivar, Minister of Finance and Planning, Government of Maharashtra. The judgment was made on three broad parameters namely growth, size and strength.
- Name the Indian origin English film director and screen writer who got Sikh Jewel Award, 2017 for her contribution to the British film industries for the past 3 decades
Answer –B.Gurinder Chadha
Gurinder Chadha received this award from UK Defense Secretary Michael Fallon at the Vaisakhi Dinner organized by the British Sikh Association. The High Commissioner of India to the UK, Y K Sinha, who was the Guest of Honor, was also present. “Viceroys House” the film which is directed by Gurinder Chadha stands the main reason for this award.
- Name the renowned pulmonologist, who has been appointed by Govt. as the Director of the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS)
A.Dr. Harshvardhan Thakur
B.Dr. Nishad Ahmed
C.Dr. Randeep Guleria
D.Dr. Hirak Mishra
Answer –C.Randeep Guleria
Dr. Guleria succeeds Dr M C Mishra who retired in January 2017 after serving for three years. He has been appointed for a period of five years from the date of assumption of charge or till attaining the age of 65
- On 28thMarch 2017, INLCU L51, first of the eight ships of the LCU MK IV Class was commissioned into the Indian Navy by Vice Admiral Bimal Verma, AVSM, Commander-in-Chief, Andaman and Nicobar Command at Port Blair. What does abbreviation LCU stand for?
A.Landing Combat Utility
B.Latent Craft Utility
C.Latent Combat Utility
D.Landing Craft Utility
Answer – D.Landing Craft Utility
This ship is expected to play a key role in carrying out maritime surveillance around Andaman & Nicobar Islands. Specifically, it will try to prevent poaching, illegal fishing, drug trafficking, human trafficking, poaching and other illegal activities in the designated waters.
- I&B Minister M Venkaiah Naidu recently launched Online Film Certification System, which has been named as:
Answer – C.E-Cinepramaan
The online film certification system named ‘E-Cinepramaan’ will come into effect from 1st April 2017 replacing the earlier system of physical submission. This development is in line with Modi Govt’s commitment to promote ‘Digital India’ and ‘Ease of Doing Business’.
- Name the 14 year old Udaipur girlwho became the first to swim across Bandra Worli Sea Link to the Gateway of India route in Arabian Sea in a record time of 6 hours and 30 minutes.
Answer – B.Gaurvi Singhvi
To achieve this milestone, Gaurvi swam a similar route to practice from the Governor’s House to the Gateway of India in a record time of 3 hours 58 minutes and 12 seconds, breaking the previous record of 4 hours and 12 minutes.
- TR Andhyarujina, who passed away on March 28, 2017, was an eminent:
A.Jurist and Senior Advocate
Answer –A.Jurist and Senior Advocate
He has been an integral part of the legal and constitutional history of India. At the age of 38, he was designated as the senior advocate. Andhyarujina served as the Solicitor General of India from 1996 to 1998. Before that he was the Advocate General of Maharashtra from 1993-95.
- What is the title of the book on Rashtriya Rifles which has been recently released by Indian army?
B.’Home of the Brave’
D.’Tribute to the Brave’
Answer – B.‘Home of the Brave’
Chief of the Army Staff (COAS), General Bipin Rawat released a book titled ‘Home of the Brave’ on March 27, 2017 in New Delhi. The book highlights the history of the Rashtriya Rifles (RR), the Counter Insurgency Force of the Indian Army. The book has been authored by Mr Nitin A Gokhale, Defence & Security Analyst and Brig S K Chatterji (Retired)