Welcome to Online Current Affairs March 27 2017 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Daily Current Affairs
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2017
- Read Our 2017 Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2017 March
- On Mar 25 2017, National Green Tribunal (NGT) conducted the WORLD CONFERENCE ON ENVIRONMENT in:
D.ChennaiAnswer – B. New Delhi
The conference was inaugurated by the President of India, Shri PRANAB MUKHERJEE. The two day conference concluded with a high note in urging the importance for the sustainable development balancing which is the need to protect the environment. This is the 3rd World conference on Environment while the 1st conference took place long back at United Nations in 1949 and 2nd conference at Portugal in 2014.
- Recently a bill has been introduced in Lok Sabha, seeking to include ___________as an Institute of National Importance
A.Indian Institute of Information Technology Design and Manufacturing (IIITDM)-Guwahati
B.Indian Institute of Information Technology Design and Manufacturing (IIITDM)-Kota
C.Indian Institute of Information Technology Design and Manufacturing (IIITDM)-Kurnool
D.Indian Institute of Information Technology Design and Manufacturing (IIITDM)-VadodaraAnswer – C. Indian Institute of Information Technology Design and Manufacturing (IIITDM)-Kurnool
The bill was introduced by Human Resource Development Minister Prakash Javadekar. The main reason behind the bill is to bring the Indian Institute of Technology, Design and Manufacturing at Kurnool within the scope of the Indian Institutes of Information Technology Act 2014. On approval of this bill IIITDM-Kurnool becomes the fifth member as a centrally-funded IIIT. The other four IIT’s are from Gwalior, Allahabad, Jabalpur and Kancheepuram.
- Which country’s Parliament has tabled a motion stating Pakistan’s move as illegal to declare the Gilgit-Baltistan region, bordering Pakistan-occupied Kashmir, as its fifth province ?
A.United States of America (USA)
D.United Kingdom (UK)Answer – D. United Kingdom
The motion was sponsored by Party leader Bob Blackman who said that Gilgit-Baltistan is a legal and constitutional part of Jammu and Kashmir, India and Pakistan has illegally occupied it since 1947. It said that Pakistan has tried to change the demography of the region, and it is in violation of State Subject Ordinance.
- Which public sector bank has inked a MoU with Italian vehicles manufacturer Piaggio Vehicles, for providing financial support for the purchase of vehicles under Small Road Transport Operators (SRTO) scheme in Bengaluru?
D.Syndicate BankAnswer – A. Vijaya Bank
Under the MoU, the first round of the vehicle was flagged off by the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of the Vijaya Bank Dr Kishore Sansi in the presence of Executive Directors B S Rama Rao, Y Nageswara Rao, and Piaggio Vehicles Vice-President Praveen Nagpal among others.
- Which private sector bank achieved a landmark installation of 10,000 Point of Sales (PoS) terminals on March 27, 2017?
D.Karur Vysya BankAnswer – B. Karnataka Bank
The 10,000th POS terminal was handed over by Karnataka Bank’s Managing Director and CEO, P Jayarama Bhat to Dr. Ravichandar, Chairman and Managing Director of Nandana Group of Hotels, Bengaluru, one of its valued customers at the function held at Bank’s Bengaluru Regional Office.
- Which among the following E-Commerce company has achieved a new milestone by becoming the sole member of Advertising Standards Council of India (ASCI)?
D.PayUAnswer – C. Paytm
The order was passed by ASCI and PAYTM is all set to become its member by April 2017. This move comes after the six complaints which are filed against the errant advertisers under the e-commerce majors PAYTM, Amazon, Clear trip, Magic bricks, free charge and Pepper fry for making false and misleading claims on November 2016.
- The state owned National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) Limited recently commissioned a 55 Mega Watt (MW) Bhadla Solar Power Project in which State?
D.RajasthanAnswer – D. Rajasthan
With this instalment, the total capacity of Bhadla solar power project has become 260 MW and that of NTPC’s solar power projects has become 620 MW. NTPC has planned a capacity addition of about 1,000 MW through renewable resources by 2017.
- Name the veteran Bollywood actor, who has been felicitated with the Kala Ratan Award by Punjab University in Chandigarh at its 66th convocation ?
D.Rishi KapoorAnswer – A. Anupam Kher
Anupam Kher, the 62 year old actor received the honour by the Vice President of India, Shri Hamid Ansari for his contribution in the field of cinema and arts. Anupam Kher has appeared in about 400 films and many plays. He has also been honoured with the Padma Shri in 2004 and the Padma Bhushan in 2016.
- Which team defeated Goa to win the 71st Santosh Trophy (Football Competition) for a record 32nd time?
D.AssamAnswer – A.West Bengal
West Bengal beat Goa (1-0) to clinch the 71 Santosh Trophy for a record 32nd time on March 26, 2017 at the GMC Bambolim Stadium, Goa. The maiden goal came from Manvir Singh in 119 minutes after playing a goalless 90 minutes to defeat Goa at home ground. Last time West Bengal clinched the title in 2010-11 against Mizoram.
- Which city has been selected to host the 2017 Men’s Hockey World League Final as well as the Men’s World Cup in 2018?
D.Nagpur, MaharashtraAnswer – B. Bhubaneswar, Odisha
The information was confirmed by the international hockey federation (FIH) and the government of Odisha. Both of these events will be held in Kalinga Stadium – a multi-purpose stadium that was built in 2010 and has facilities for athletics, football, basketball, tennis, table-tennis and swimming.
- Shaun Tait, who announced his retirement from all forms of cricket on March 27, 2017, is a fast-bowler from:
D.EnglandAnswer – C.Australia
Shaun Tait, the 34 year old Adelaide-born cricketer has played a total of 3 Tests, 35 ODIs and 21 T20Is for Australia. Shaun Tait’s made his final international appearance for Australia in 2016 against India in a T20 international at the Sydney Cricket Ground. Recently, Shaun Tait became an Overseas Citizen of India (OCI).
- Purva Barve and Varun Kapur are associated with which sport?
D.BadmintonAnswer – D.Badminton
The Indian shuttle players Purva Barve and Varun Kapur bagged double delight by winning in the Li Ning-Israel Open 2017 which was held at Sports Hall, Rishon LeZion in Israel. The Pune based players brought home the momentum for which the whole nation would be proud of.
- ‘World Theatre Day’ is celebrated on which date every year?
D.30th MarchAnswer A.27th March–
The World Theatre Day was created on 27 March, 1961 by the International Theatre Institute (ITI), to spread the news about theatre and stage. Every year, a message for the occasion is formulated on the day which is circulated all over the world for the noted figures of world to share their reflections on the theme of theatre. This year, the message has been written by Isabelle Huppert – the French theatre and movie actress which follows as: ‘We do not make theatre exist; it is rather thanks to theatre that we exist’.
- Which among the following was NOT one of the four Goods and Service Tax (GST) Bills introduced by FM Arun Jaitley on 27th March 2017?
A.Central Goods and Service Tax (CGST) Bill
B.Union Territory GST Bill
C.Concurrent Subjects GST Bill and
D.GST (Compensation to States) BillAnswer – C.Concurrent Subjects GST Bill
The Finance Minister of India, Mr. Arun Jaitley introduced four bills on Goods and Service Tax (GST) on March 27, 2017. The four bills are: (i) Central Goods and Service Tax (CGST) Bill, (ii) Union Territory GST Bill, (iii) Integrated-GST Bill and (iv) GST (Compensation to States) Bill. These bills mainly focus on the Central Goods and Service Tax (CGST) bill which will amalgamate all the indirect central government levies.
- Name the former deputy leader of Hong Kong who has been elected as the first female Chief Executive of Hong Kong on March 26, 2017 ?
D.Chunhua YihanAnswer – C. Carrie Lam
Carrie Lam won the election by 67% votes by 1194-member pro-China committee, known to be the supporters of China’s Communist government. She is likely to take charge in July 2017 after incumbent leader Leung Chun-ying steps down in July after five years in charge.
- Which tennis player came out with a winning note against 31st seeded player, German veteran Philipp Kohlschreiber at the Miami Open Tournament?
D.Rafael NadalAnswer – D.Rafael Nadal
Miami open tournament that has been taking place from March 20th, 2017 has witnessed a wonderful game of the season in which Rafael Nadal has came out with a winning note against 31st seeded player, German veteran Philipp Kohlschreiber. With this win, Nadal has registered a win in his 1000th match which is very big achievement in his career.
- Which among the following is NOT a key area currently mandated for Aadhaar Card?
A.Free mid-day meals for school children
B.Filing Tax Returns
C.Booking Air Tickets
D.Scholarship SchemesAnswer – C. Booking Air Tickets
Supreme Court of India on March 27, 2017 ruled out that Aadhaar card cannot be made mandatory for central welfare schemes. Currently Aadhaar is mandatory for the citizens to avail the benefits under nearly three dozen central schemes including free mid-day meals for schoolchildren and filing tax returns. It has also been made compulsory for scholarships and other schemes for backward castes and the disabled.