AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 13 March 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Parivara and Talawara are tribal of which Indian state?
1) Andhra Pradesh
Rajya Sabha has approved the changes proposed by Lok Sabha in the Constitution (Scheduled Tribes) Order Amendment Bill, 2019. The bill seeks to include Parivara and Talawara tribal communities of Karnataka in the (Scheduled Tribes) category to ensure they get the reservation and other benefits provided by the government.
- Name the Indian state/UT which launched the ‘Namaste over Handshake’ Campaign to prevent from COVID-19.
2) Tamil Nadu
3) New Delhi
4) Uttar Pradesh
The Karnataka Government launched ‘Namaste over Handshake’ campaign in order to avoid the spread of COVID-19 (CoronaVirusDisease-19) and advises people to keep a safe distance from one another. The poster also consists of 24/7 toll free health helpline number 104 for public queries on the viral disease.
- Name the Indian state which approved ‘Happy Hours’ (reducing 15% of fare from 12pm to 4pm) in auto rickshaws as per recommendation of Kathua panel.
Maharashtra Government (govt) has approved the implementation of “happy hours” for auto rickshaws, reducing 15% of fare prices from 12 pm to 4 pm, barring the minimum fare for first 1.5 km, as recommended by Khatua panel. The decision will not be applicable to local taxis and app based taxis.
- To which Indian Institute the Department of Science and Technology (DST) has sanctioned the Rs. 7.25 crore to set up Technology Innovation Hub (TIH).
1) IIT Madras
2) IIT Delhi
3) IIT Roorkee
4) IIT Mandi
5) IIT Bombay
Answer-4) IIT Mandi
The Department of Science and Technology (DST) sanctioned Rs 7.25 crore to the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Mandi, Himachal Pradesh to set up a Technology Innovation Hub (TIH) at the institute under the National Mission on Interdisciplinary Cyber-Physical Systems (NM-ICPS). Main focus of TIH is on human-computer interaction (HCI) research.
- In which Indian City, the India post launched India’s 1st digital parcel locker service.
2) New Delhi
For the 1st time in India, the Department of posts(DoP), Kolkata (West Bengal circle), has launched free digital parcel locker service in 2 post offices (the Nabadiganta IT post office in Sector 5 of Salt Lake City & at the post office in New Town’s Action Area I).
- Name the world organization which launched the 1st global COVID action platform for private sector businesses to fight against COVID-19 with the support of WHO and Wellcome trust.
1) International Labour Organisation (ILO)
2) United Nations (UN)
3) International Monetary Fund (IMF)
4) World Economic Forum (WEF)
5) United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD)
Answer-4) World Economic Forum (WEF)
The World Economic Forum (WEF) has initiated the creation of the COVID Action Platform with the support of the World Health Organization (WHO), and Wellcome Trust. This first of its kind platform, operating globally, is open to all businesses and industry groups, as well as other stakeholders, for integrated and collective business action to mitigate the risk and impact of COVID-19 (Coronavirus). The Forum has established a special team to support the platform’s work.
- Name the world organization which announces the list of 115 Young Global Leaders (YGL) which contains 5 Indians in the list.
1) International Monetary Fund (IMF)
2) Amnesty Internationals
3) United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD)
4) World Economic Forum (WEF)
5) Commonwealth Nations
Answer-4) World Economic Forum (WEF)
The World Economic Forum (WEF) announced its new list of 115 Young Global Leaders (YGL), where 5 Indians Byju Raveendran (CEO – BYJU’s), Gaurav Gupta (COO – Zomato), Swapan Mehra (CEO – Iora Ecological Solutions Pvt. Ltd), Vinati Mutreja (MD&CEO – Vinati Organics) & Tara Singh Vachani (MD – Antara Senior Living) are named in the list.
- The iSelect+ term plan was launched by Canara HSBC Oriental Bank of Commerce Life Insurance company. The Headquarters of The company is located at?
1) Mumbai, Maharashtra
2) Gurgaon, Haryana
3) Chennai, Tamil Nadu
4) Bengaluru, Karnataka
5) Kolkata, West Bengal
Answer-2) Gurgaon, Haryana
Canara HSBC Oriental Bank of Commerce Life Insurance Company Limited launched iSelect+ Term Plan to provide shield against all uncertainties of life at an affordable premium which includes Whole Life Cover, Return of Premium, Multiple Payout Options, Increase Coverage Option & Tax Benefits. It is available online. The Headquarters of the joint life insurance company located at Gurgaon, Haryana.
- Name the Indian state which signed the loan agreement of $80 million with World Bank to improve water management & agricultural productivity in Gram Panchayats.
1) Himachal Pradesh
5) Arunachal Pradesh
Answer-1) Himachal Pradesh
The Government of India, Government of Himachal Pradesh(HP) & the World Bank signed a loan agreement of US$80 million (about Rs 600 crore) to improve water management practices & also to increase agricultural productivity in selected Gram Panchayats (Village Councils) in HP.
- Name the Public Sector Bank which removed the minimum balance criteria recently to its customers recently with effect from March 10, 2020.
1) Syndicate Bank
2) Punjab National Bank
3) Corporation Bank
4) State Bank of India
5) Canara Bank
Answer-4) State Bank of India
State Bank of India (SBI) has reduced its interest rate on savings bank (SB) accounts to 3% along with waiving off of average monthly balance (AMB) for all SB accounts on the basis of ‘Customers First’ approach. Also, to make home and auto loans cheaper SBI reduced its one-year marginal cost of fund-based lending rate (MCLR) to 7.75% from 7.85%. All these changes are with effect from March 10, 2020.
- Name the world’s 1st Digital solutions exchange cloud which was launched in India.
The World’s first Digital Solutions Exchange in Cloud, was launched in India on March 11, 2020. www.gokaddal.com, a cloud based solution exchange platform mainly focuses on 4A’s – Automation, Artificial Intelligence, Analytics and Augmentative Technologies.
- Name the person who has been appointed as 1st ever ambassador of IDFC First bank.
1) Akshay Kumar
2) Amitabh Bachchan
3) Irrfan Khan
4) Salman Khan
5) Ranveer Singh
Answer-2) Amitabh Bachchan
Bollywood actor Amitabh Bachchan was appointed as the first ever ambassador of the IDFC FIRST Bank.
- Salman Khan has been appointed as the Brand Ambassador of which smart phone company?
Smartphone brand realme appointed Bollywood actor Salman Khan as its brand ambassador. Khan will endorse realme 6 & realme 6 Pro. In 2019, realme was the world’s fastest-growing smartphone brand.
- As per the report by parliamentary committee on petroleum only 3 states & 5 UTs in India has kerosene free even after achieving 8 crore gas connections under PMUY (by sept 2019). Name the person who heads the committee.
1) Girish Bapat
2) Naresh Gujral
3) Veerappa Moily
4) Shanta Kumar
5) Ramesh Bidhuri
Answer-5) Ramesh Bidhuri
In accordance with the report of the Parliamentary Committee on Petroleum headed by BJP (Bharatiya Janata Party) member Ramesh Bidhuri, only three States (Haryana, Punjab and Andhra Pradesh) and five Union Territories (Delhi, Chandigarh, Daman & Diu, Dadar & Nagar Haveli, Andaman & Nicobar Island and Puducherry) have become kerosene-free even though in September 2019 the government has met the target of 8 crore LPG (Liquefied petroleum gas) connections under the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY).
- Name the Indian Ministry which formed 2 special committees to deal with the issues and approvals related to Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF).
1) Ministry of External Affairs
2) Ministry of Defence
3) Ministry of Minority Affairs
4) Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship
5) Ministry of Home Affairs
Answer-5) Ministry of Home Affairs
The two special committees were formed by the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) to deal with the issues and approvals related to the Central Armed Police Force(CAPF).
First committee: The committee will be chaired by the Home Secretary and will deal with issues that need to be decided between Home Ministry and CAPFs.
Second committee: The committee will be headed by the Secretary (Border Management) and will solve only the procurement matters.
- Under which section of competition act the Competition Commission of India (CCI) has approved the acquisition of 35 % equity of Teesta Urja Ltd by Greenko Mauritius.
1) Section 30 (1) of competition act, 2002
2) Section 31 (1) of competition act, 2002
3) Section 32 (2) of competition act, 2002
4) Section 31 (2) of competition act, 2002
5) Section 32 (1) of competition act, 2002
Answer-2) Section 31 (1) of competition act, 2002
Competition Commission of India (CCI), a statutory body of the Government of India has approved the following proposals on March 11, 2020,
CCI approves acquisition of 35% equity stake in Teesta Urja Ltd by Greenko Mauritius under section 31(1) of competition act, 2002.
It also clears acquisition in Hero FinCorp by Otter and Link Investment Trust & approves setting up of Mindspace REIT by K Raheja Corp Group.
- The Number of Indian Boxers qualified to Tokyo Olympics 2020 from the Asian/Oceanian Boxing Olympic Qualifiers event 2020 held at Amman, Jordan is/are ______.
The Asian/Oceanian Boxing Olympic Qualifiers event 2020 was held at Amman, Jordan from march 3- 11, 2020. A total of 9 Indian boxers qualified in this event for Tokyo 2020 Olympics, which is to be held at Tokyo, Japan from 24 July, 2020 – 9 August, 2020. China emerged as top of the medals standings with 6 medals (4 gold, 2 bronze) in this event, while India ranked 9th with 8 medals (2 Silver, 6 Bronze).
Qualified boxer of India at Asia/Oceania Tokyo 2020 Olympic boxing qualifying tournament:
S.No Qualified boxer of India Category Medal won 1 Amit Panghal Men’s Flyweight (52 kg) Bronze 2 Manish Kaushik Men’s Lightweight (63 kg) – 3 Vikas Krishan Yadav Men’s Welterweight (69 kg) Silver 4 Ashish Kumar Men’s Middleweight (75 kg) Bronze 5 Satish Kumar Men’s Super-heavyweight (+91 kg) Bronze 6 Mary Kom Women’s Flyweight (51 kg) Bronze 7 Simranjit Kaur Baatth Women’s Lightweight (60 kg) Silver 8 Lovlina Borgohain Women’s Welterweight (69 kg) Bronze 9 Pooja Rani Women’s Middleweight (75 kg) Bronze
- Max von Sydow who passed away recently (March 2020) is a _________.
1) Pop Singer
2) Law Maker
5) Social Activist
Carl Adolf von Sydow, Swedish actor, passed away at the age of 90 in Provence, France. He was born on April 10, 1929 in Lund, Sweden. He was known for his character who played a game of chess with death in the movie “Seventh Seal”, directed by Ingmar Bergman and also the Three-Eyed Raven (Fictional Character) in “Games of Thrones” and the horror classic film “The Exorcist”.
- Actor Santu Mukhopadhyay who died recently (March 2020) belongs to which Indian state?
2) West Bengal
Answer-2) West Bengal
Veteran Bengali actor Santu Mukhopadhyay or Santu Mukherjee, 69 a widower passed away at his south Kolkata residence due to cardiac arrest. He is known for his films ‘Sansar Simante’ & ‘Bhalobasa Bhalobasa’. He hails from Kolkata, West Bengal.
- The World Kidney Day for the year 2020 is celebrated on _______.
1) November 14
2) April 13
3) May 15
4) March 12
5) February 17
Answer-4) March 12
The World Kidney Day is observed on March 12, 2020 to raise awareness on the importance of kidneys to our health and also reduce the impact of kidney diseases, its associated health problems. This year marks the 15th Observance of World Kidney Day which is observed globally on second Thursday of March every year since 2006.
Theme of the year 2020: Kidney Health for Everyone Everywhere- from Prevention to Detection and Equitable access to care.
- Name the Indian City which is going to host the 6th International Yoga Day (IYD) on June 21, 2020.
2) New Delhi
The 6th International day of Yoga (IDY) is to be celebrated on 21st June and a National event organized on this day is to be held at Leh, Ladakh (Union Territory). Shripad Yesso Naik, Minister of AYUSH announces that Prime Minister Narendra Modi will participate in the event held at Leh.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- The International Yoga Day is celebrated annually on?
- What is the Capital & Currency of Jordan?
Answer-Capital – Amman & Currency – Dinar
- Shivpal Singh is related to which sports?
India’s Javelin throw player Shivpal Singh (24) qualified for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics after he achieved the Olympic qualifying mark of 85m in the ACNW (Athletics Central North West) League Meeting 2020 held in Potchefstroom, South Africa. With this, he is the 2nd javelin thrower after Neeraj Chopra who will represent the country in Japan 2020 Olympics.
- Simranjit Kaur is related to which sports?
- Where is the Headquarters of World Economic Forum (WEF) located at?
- Who is the present chairman of Competition Commission of India (CCI)?
Answer-Ashok Kumar Gupta
[su_button url=”https://affairscloud.com/current-affairs/march-2020/” target=”self” style=”default” background=”#2D89EF” color=”#FFFFFF” size=”5″ wide=”no” center=”no” radius=”auto” icon=”” icon_color=”#FFFFFF” text_shadow=”none” desc=”” download=”” onclick=”” rel=”” title=”” id=”” class=””]Click Here to Try March Current Affairs 2020 Quiz[/su_button]