AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 11 March 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- The Traditional ‘Fagli’ festival was celebrated in which Indian state?
3) Himachal Pradesh
Answer-3) Himachal Pradesh
The traditional “Fagli” festival at kinnaur district in Yangpa village, Himachal Pradesh. This festival is celebrated to denote the end of the winter and the start of the Spring. It is mainly celebrated on the moonless night.
- Name the Indian Airport (built by Zurich Airport International AG), which has been included in world’s 100 strategic global infrastructure projects of the year 2020.
1) Jewar Airport, Uttar Pradesh
2) Begumpet Airport, Telangana
3) Bhogapuram Airport, Andhra Pradesh
4) Agatti Airport, Lakshadweep
5) Dabolim Airport, Goa
Answer-1) Jewar Airport, Uttar Pradesh
The first phase of Jewar Airport, Uttar Pradesh (UP) has been included in the world’s 100 strategic global infrastructure projects for the year 2020. The airport, being built by Zurich Airport International AG, will be Asia’s second largest international airport after China’s Shanghai International Airport.
- Name the Indian state which was recognized in the CG/LA infrastructure list chosen in the field of Civil Aviation all over the world.
2) Uttar Pradesh
3) Tamil Nadu
4) Madhya Pradesh
Answer-2) Uttar Pradesh
Uttar Pradesh (India) and Yugoslavia have been chosen in the field of aviation all over the world. It has been recognized in the CG LA Infrastructure list.
- As per the “2020-21 Demands for Grants for school education”, conducted by Parliamentary committee on Human Resource Development (HRD) more than ______% Government schools don’t have electricity and playgrounds.
According to the “2020-21 Demands for Grants for school education”, conducted by the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Human Resource Development (HRD), more than 40% of government schools in India don’t have any electricity or playgrounds. The report noted that, as on December 2018, only 56% of government schools in the country have electricity & less than 57 % of public schools have a playground. As many as 40 % of schools are uninhabitable, the safety of students and property of schools is under threat.
- Name the world organization which adopted the Political Declaration on women’s rights during 64th session of Commission on the Status of Women(CSW) held in New York, US.
1) Amnesty Internationals
2) World Economic Forum (WEF)
3) Commonwealth of Nations
4) North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO)
5) United Nations (UN)
Answer-5) United Nations (UN)
The United Nations (UN), an intergovernmental organization that aims to maintain international peace and security, has adopted a stripped-down political declaration (during the 64th session of Commission on the Status of Women(CSW) held in New York, US), in which they pledged to step up action to fully implement the landmark Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action on gender equality, agreed 25 years ago.
- Moody has lowered the India’s Growth projections for the Year 2020 from 5.4% to ____ due to outbreak of Corona Virus.
5) 5.3 %
Answer-5) 5.3 %
Moody’s Investors Service, a rating agency again lowered India’s growth projection to 5.3% for 2020 as a result of Coronavirus (COVID-19), previously on February 17, 2020 it had reduced India’s growth projection from 6.6% to 5.4% for 2020.
- Name the person who has been appointed as Director General (DG) of Defence Intelligence Agency (DIA) by Defence Ministry in March 2020.
1) Samant Goel
2) AK Doval
3) KJS Dhillon
4) Avtar Singh
5) AS Bedi
Answer-3) KJS Dhillon
The Ministry of Defence has appointed Lt Gen Kanwal Jeet Singh Dhillon (57) as Director General of Defence Intelligence Agency (DIA), Deputy Chief of Integrated Defence Staff, under the Chief of Defence staff (CDS) in the Department of Military Affairs, replacing Lt Gen AS Bedi.
- Name the Indian actor/actress who has signed the PUMA’s brand ambassador contract for next 2 years (in March 2020).
1) Aamir Khan
2) Priyanka Chopra
3) Kareena Kapoor
4) Saif Ali Khan
5) Ayushmann Khurrana
Answer-3) Kareena Kapoor
Indian film actress Kareena Kapoor Khan signed a contract with German sportswear brand Puma to be its brand ambassador for a period of 2 years. With this association she joins the brand’s roaster of celebrity faces such as Virat Kohli, Sara Ali Khan, MC Mary Kom and Dutee Chand.
- Name the person who has been appointed as the head of Delimitation Commission for the delimitation of Assembly and Parliamentary constituencies of J&K (UT) & Assam, Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur (NE states).
1) Kuldeep Singh
2) Ranjana Prakash Desai
3) Arvind Saxena
4) Kuldip Singh
5) Sushil Chandra
Answer-2) Ranjana Prakash Desai
In exercise of the powers conferred by section 3 of the Delimitation Act, 2002, the Central government has set up a Delimitation Commission, headed by former Supreme Court judge Ranjana Prakash Desai (for 1 year), for the delimitation of Assembly and Parliamentary constituencies of the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) and the northeastern states of Assam, Arunachal Pradesh(AP), Manipur and Nagaland. The Commission will also comprise of members, viz an Election Commissioner (presently Mr. Sushil Chandra) and the State Election Commissioners of the respective States and UT, who will be made ex-officio members of the commission.
- Name the Person who has won the 7th edition of Dr. MS Swaminathan award for the period of 2017-19, for his/her contributions in the fields of agricultural research, teaching, extension and administration.
1) B S Dhillon
2) Tej Pratap
3) N Kumar
4) G B Pant
5) V Praveen Rao
Answer-5) V Praveen Rao
V Praveen Rao, Vice-Chancellor (VC) of Professor JayaShankar Telangana State Agricultural University (PJTSAU), won the 7th edition of Dr MS Swaminathan Award for the period 2017- 2019 recognizing his contributions in the fields of agricultural research, teaching, extension and administration. The award was constituted by Retired Indian Council of Agricultural Research Employees Association (RICAREA) and Nuziveedu Seeds Limited (NSL). The award will be conferred on him in June 2020.
- Name the Indian state which topped in the list for domestic solar rooftop installations throughout the country (as on March 2, 2020).
4) Tamil Nadu
Gujarat ranks first in the list for domestic solar rooftop installations, throughout the country with 64 percent of domestic solar installations, followed by Maharashtra (2nd). Nearly 50,915 domestic solar rooftops have been fixed in the state of Gujarat with a capacity of 177.67 MW on 2nd March 2020.
- As per progress report of NITI Aayog (September 2019) titled, “Transforming Nutrition in India: POSHAN Abhiyaan”, which Indian state ranked top in the overall implementation of POSHAN Abhiyaan.
1) Tamil Nadu
2) Andhra Pradesh
5) Madhya Pradesh
Answer-2) Andhra Pradesh
Andhra Pradesh (AP) ranked 1st in the country for overall implementation of POSHAN (Prime Minister’s Overarching Scheme for Holistic Nourishment) Abhiyaan as per September 2019 progress report of NITI Aayog, “Transforming Nutrition in India: POSHAN Abhiyaan”. The 2nd anniversary of POSHAN Abhiyaan is recognized by celebrating Poshan Pakhwada from 8th-22nd March 2020.
Rank Large State Small State UT 1 Andhra Pradesh Mizoram Dadra & Nagar Haveli 2 Chhattisgarh Sikkim Chandigarh 3 Madhya Pradesh Nagaland Daman & Diu
- As per the 4th edition of “Inclusive Internet Report 2020” released by Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) Sweden tops the list of countries which provides Inclusive Internet, what is India’s rank?
Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) released the 4th iteration of the Inclusive Internet Index 2020 (Index covered 100 countries, representing 91% of the world’s population & 96% of global GDP) where India is overall ranked in 46th place & Sweden in 1st place & Burundi ranked in 100th place. The index aims to measure the extent to which the Internet is not only accessible & affordable, but also relevant to all, allowing usage that enables positive social & economic outcomes at the individual & group level. It is commissioned by Facebook.
Rank Country 46 India 1 Sweden 2 New Zealand 3 United States
- Name the world organization which released the 1st edition of ‘Gender Social Norms Index (GSNI) 2020’.
1) World Bank (WB)
2) International Labour Organization (ILO)
3) United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO)
4) United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
5) United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
Answer-4) United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
According to the 1st edition of ‘Gender Social Norms Index (GSNI) 2020’, released by the UNDP (United Nations Development Programme), about 90 % or 9 in 10 of the world’s population has some bias against women.
- As per the 1st edition of ‘Gender Social Norms Index (GSNI) 2020’, ____% of World’s population is biased against women.
According to the 1st edition of ‘Gender Social Norms Index (GSNI) 2020’, released by the UNDP (United Nations Development Programme), about 90% or 9 in 10 of the world’s population has some bias against women. This index studied 75 countries covering over 81 % of the world’s population & measures social beliefs that obstruct gender equality in areas like politics, work, and education.
- As per the 1st edition of ‘Gender Social Norms Index (GSNI) 2020’, which of the following country has highest number of bias against women?
According to the 1st edition of ‘Gender Social Norms Index (GSNI) 2020’ released by United Nations Development Programme (UNDP),
Top 3 Countries with the highest bias against women:
Rank Country Name Share of people with at least 1 bias 1 Pakistan 99.81 % 2 Qatar and Nigeria 99.73 % 3 Zimbabwe 99.56%
- Name the mobile Application which was launched by the Punjab government to spread awareness on Coronavirus (March 2020).
1) Corona Punjab
2) Covi Punjab
3) Cova Punjab
4) Covid Punjab
5) Covid-19 Punjab
Answer-3) Cova Punjab
The Punjab Government launched “Cova Punjab” mobile application to spread awareness and precautions to be taken against coronavirus. The application was launched by Punjab Chief Secretary Karan Avtar Singh. The application was developed by the Department of Government Reforms and Public Grievances in consultation with the Health & Family Welfare Department.
- Name the Indian state which launched NIGHA app to control electoral malpractices in the upcoming local body elections (March 2020).
4) Andhra Pradesh
5) Tamil Nadu
Answer-4) Andhra Pradesh
Andhra Pradesh (AP) Chief Minister (CM) Yeduguri Sandinti Jaganmohan Reddy launched the NIGHA application at Vijayawada, AP. The app is aimed at curbing the use of money and alcohol in the upcoming local body elections & launched in addition to the measures taken by State Election Commission & Police department in order to control the electoral malpractices. The app was developed by Department of Panchayat Raj.
- Andre Schembri who is in news recently (March 2020) is related to which sports?
1) Basket Ball
Maltese Footballer Andre Schembri, 33 years old, is currently playing for Chennaiyin FC’s (Football Club) announced that he will retire from professional football after the Hero Indian Super League (ISL) final against ATK FC in Goa on March 14, 2020. He announced retirement from international football in November 2018 after 94 appearances for his nation.
- Who is the Author of the Book “The 12 Commandments Of Being A Women”?
1) Meena Kandasamy
2) Tahira Kashyap
3) Anita Nair
4) Kiran Desai
5) Kamala Suraiyya
Answer-2) Tahira Kashyap
Tahira Kashyap Khurrana, writer- producer, professor, announced her 4th book titled “The 12 Commandments Of Being A Woman” on the occasion of Women’s Day and the new book will be published by Juggernaut Books, New Delhi. The books authored by her are “I Promise”, “Souled Out” and in the year 2015 she co-authored Ayushmann’s biography “Cracking the Code: My Journey in Bollywood”.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Surya Urja Rooftop Yojana was the initiative of which Indian state government?
Surya Urja Rooftop Yojana scheme is announced to provide Solar Rooftop facility to the state of Gujarat. The scheme is revealed to provide solar rooftop system to 2 lakh domestic consumers by the year 2019-2020, and to cover over 8 lakh domestic consumers by 2021-2022. ₹912 crore has been allotted for the scheme.
- Where is the Headquarters of United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) located at?
Answer-New York, United States
- The POSHAN Abhiyaan (National Nutrition Mission) is the Programme of which Ministry?
Answer-Ministry of Women and Child Development (MoWCD)
- Attukal Pongala, the world’s largest religious congregation of women is celebrated in which Indian state?
- The Number of constituencies in State legislature and Parliamentary elections was based on which year census (as on March 2020)?
- Where is the Headquarters of Hockey India located at?
Hockey India recently joined the 38 other National associations throughout the world as a member of World Master Hockey (WMH) with an aim to develop and grow Master Hockey across the world. The International Hockey Federation (FIH) recognizes WMH a sole Master entity responsible for organizing international master’s hockey globally. Headquarters of Hockey India – New Delhi.
[su_button url=”https://affairscloud.com/current-affairs/march-2020/” target=”self” style=”default” background=”#2D89EF” color=”#FFFFFF” size=”5″ wide=”no” center=”no” radius=”auto” icon=”” icon_color=”#FFFFFF” text_shadow=”none” desc=”” download=”” onclick=”” rel=”” title=”” id=”” class=””]Click Here to Try March Current Affairs 2020 Quiz[/su_button]