AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 1 & 2 March 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Name the Campaign which was launched by Lok Sabha speaker Om Birla in Kota, Rajasthan to provide nutritional support to pregnant women and adolescent girls (Feb 2020).
1) Poshan Abhiyan
2) Eat right movement
3) Poshan Maa
4) Suposhit Maa Abhiyan
5) Fit India
Answer-4) Suposhit Maa Abhiyan
Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla has launched ‘Suposhit Maa Abhiyan’ in his constituency Kota, Rajasthan, to provide nutritional support to pregnant women and adolescent girls. Smriti Irani, Ministry of Women & Child Development & Ministry of Textiles, also presided over the function.
About Suposhit Maa Abhiyan: In the first phase of the campaign, 1,000 kits of 17 kg balanced diet each was provided to 1,000 pregnant women.
- Union Home ministry has appointed S N Shrivastava as additional charge of Delhi Police Commissioner (Feb 2020). Who is the present Home minister of India?
1) Rajnath Singh
2) Subrahmanyam Jaishankar
3) Amit Shah
4) Smriti Irani
5) Piyush Goyal
Answer-3) Amit Shah
The Senior Indian Police Service (IPS) officer S N Shrivastava who was appointed as the Special Commissioner of Delhi Police (Law & Order), is given additional charge of the Delhi Police Commissioner by the Union Home Ministry. The Union Cabinet Minister for Home Affairs – Amit Shah, Minister of State (Mos) for Home Affairs – G. Kishan Reddy & Nityanand Rai.
- ‘Chowk’ the Historic city of Jammu & Kashmir(J&K) has been renamed as ‘Bharat mata chowk’. Who is the present governor of J&K?
1) Radha Krishna Mathur
2) Droupadi Murmu
3) Jagdish Mukhi
4) Girish Chandra Murmu
5) Biswa Bhusan Harichandan
Answer-4) Girish Chandra Murmu
The Jammu & Kashmir’s historic City Chowk, which was a commercial center in Old Jammu, has been renamed as ‘Bharat Mata Chowk’. The Capital of the J&K – Srinagar (May–October) Jammu (Nov–April) & Governor – Girish Chandra Murmu.
- Name the Indian state which prohibits the online supply of food from Food Business Operators (FBOs) who don’t possess hygiene rating.
Punjab government’s Food and Drug Administration has prohibited Online Food Supply Aggregators (OFSAs) related to those Food Business Operators (FBOs) who are not possessing hygiene rating, by invoking provisions under Section 18(1)(a) of food Safety and Standards Act, 2006 to ensure safe food to public. The prohibition orders would be effective for one year beginning April 30, 2020.
- The PM-KISAN scheme which was launched on February 24, 2019 completed one year recently (Feb 24, 2020). The ‘S’ in KISAN denotes?
The PM-KISAN scheme has completed one year (on Feb 24,2020) which was launched on February 24, 2019. The Modi government had launched the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) scheme as an income support scheme for farmers to enable them to take care of expenses related to agriculture and allied activities as well as domestic needs. Under the scheme, benefit is provided to the eligible beneficiary to the tune of Rs 6,000 per year. It is payable in three 4-monthly instalments of Rs 2,000 each.
- Name the Indian ambassador who attend the USA-Taliban peace deal in Doha, Qatar on behalf of India (Feb 2020).
1) Lalit Mansingh
2) P. Kumaran
3) Harsh Vardhan Shringla
4) AK Singh
5) Navtej Sarna
Answer-2) P. Kumaran
The US (United States) and Taliban militants have signed historic peace agreement in Doha, Qatar to restore peace in Afghanistan. The agreement, signed by the US special envoy for Afghanistan Zalmay Khalilzad and Taliban leader Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar in the presence of Michael Richard Pompeo, United States Secretary of State, would end the 18 years-long American war in Afghanistan. Representatives of 30 countries around the world were also invited to witness this event, including India. India’s Ambassador to Qatar, P. Kumaran attend the USA-Taliban peace deal in Doha on behalf of India.
- American credit rating agency, Fitch has lowered the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) of India for the Fiscal Year 20 (FY20) from 5.1% to ______.
Fitch Ratings Inc, an American credit rating agency, has lowered India’s GDP (Gross Domestic Product) growth forecast to 4.9% for the fiscal year –FY20 (2019-2020) ending March 31,2020.
- Name the Indian university, which signed MoU with the Indian Air Force (IAF) to establish the chair of excellence named “Marshal of the Air Force Arjan Singh Chair of Excellence” (Feb 2020).
1) University of Delhi
2) Savitribai Phule Pune University
3) Banaras Hindu University
4) University of Calcutta
5) Jawaharlal Nehru University
Answer-2) Savitribai Phule Pune University
Indian Air Force (IAF) and Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU) signed a MoU (Memorandum of Understanding) to establish a Chair of Excellence named “Marshal of the Air Force Arjan Singh Chair of Excellence” at Department of Defense & Strategic Studies at Pune, Maharashtra.
- Name the Indian Research Centre which signed MoU with Pantanjali for the farm research and training (Feb 2020).
1) Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI)
2) International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics, (ICRISAT)
3) Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR)
4) Indian Veterinary Research Institute (IVRI)
5) National Bureau of Plant Genetic Resources (NBPGR)
Answer-3) Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR)
Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), an autonomous body responsible for coordinating agricultural education and research in India, has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Hardiwar (Uttarakhand)- based Patanjali Bio Research Institute (PBRI) to add a new dimension to the field of farming by undertaking research work as well as training and education.
- Muhyiddin bin Haji Muhammad Yassin has been appointed as the Prime Minister of which of the following country (Feb 2020)?
3) Sri Lanka
The Muhyiddin bin Haji Muhammad Yassin (former deputy PM) took oath of office as Malaysia’s 8th Prime Minister(PM) at National Palace in Kuala Lumpur. He is from Malaysian United Indigenous Party, Parti Pribumi Bersatu Malaysia (PPBM). He succeeds 94-year-old Mahathir bin Mohamad, who abruptly resigned & was in office since the general elections 2018.
- Name the telecommunication & Consumer electronics company, which appointed Pekka Lundmark as their new Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
3) Samsung Electronics
Nokia appointed Pekka Lundmark as CEO (Chief Executive Officer) and he will take charge from September 1, 2020. He will be the successor of Rajeev Suri, who was more than a decade in charge of Nokia and Nokia Siemens Networks.
- Name the person, who has been honored with Dr. Syama Prasad Mukherjee Award for Politics in Swarajya Awards 2020.
1) YS Jagan Mohan Reddy
2) Biplab Kumar Deb
3) Pramod Sawant
4) Sarbananda Sonowal
5) Bhupesh Baghel
Answer-4) Sarbananda Sonowal
Assam’s Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal was honoured with Swarajya Awards 2020 under the category, Dr. Syama Prasad Mukherjee Award for Politics at the 6th India Ideas Conclave at Tent City Narmada in Gujarat. The award is instituted by India Foundation & Indic Academy. He received the award for his work in integrating the nation, & to take Mukherjee’s vision & philosophy forward.
Awardee Category Field Sarbananda Sonowal Dr S P Mukherjee Award Politics K Parasaran Sree Narayana Guru Award Social Work Bharatbala Ustad Bismillah Khan Award Culture N K Singh Dr B R Shenoy Award Economics
- Name the Movie, which has won the Golden Bear award in Berlin International film festival (Berlinale) 2020 was held in Berlin, Germany (20 February–1 March 2020).
1) The Trouble with Being Born
2) There Is No Evil
3) Never Rarely Sometimes
4) The Woman Who Ran
5) Notes from the Underworld
Answer-2) There Is No Evil
The 70th edition of Berlin International Film Festival (Berlinale) 2020 was held in Berlin, Germany from 20 February–1 March 2020. It was the first under the leadership of new Berlin Film Festival heads, business administration director Mariette Rissenbeek and artistic director Carlo Chatrian.The Opening film of the festival was ‘My Salinger Year’& the Closing film was ‘There Is No Evil’.
S.No Award Name Won by 1 Golden Bear for Best Film There Is No Evil by Mohammad Rasoulof 2 Silver Bear Grand Jury Prize Never Rarely Sometimes Always by Eliza Hittman 3 Silver Bear for Best Director Hong Sang Soo for The Woman Who Ran 4 Silver Bear for Best Actress Paula Beer for Undine 5 Silver Bear for Best Actor Elio Germano for “Hidden Away” 6 Silver Bear for Best Screenplay Favolacce by Fabio D’Innocenzo and Damiano D’Innocenzo 7 Silver Bear for Outstanding Artistic Contribution Jürgen Jürges for cinematography on DAU. Natasha 8 Silver Bear Special Prize Delete History by Benoît Delépine and Gustave Kervern
- Name the Indian state, where the National Workshop on Explosive Detection (NWED-2020) organized by High Energy Materials Research Laboratory (HEMRL) held at.
1) Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
2) Cuttack, Odisha
3) Noida, Uttar Pradesh
4) Pune, Maharashtra
5) Hyderabad, Telangana
Answer-4) Pune, Maharashtra
National Workshop on Explosive Detection (NWED-2020) was held in Pune, Maharashtra which was inaugurated by Secretary, Department of Defence Research &Development and Chairman Defence Research & Development Organisation (DRDO) Dr G Satheesh Reddy. The two-day workshop has been organised by HEMRL (High Energy Materials Research Laboratory) in Pune, on its diamond jubilee celebration. RaIDer-X is a new explosive detection device with a capability to detect explosives from a stand-off distance is unveiled during the event. It is co-developed by HEMRL Pune, and Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore, Karnataka.
- Name the Indian University which topped the medal tally of 1st Khelo university games held at Bhubaneswar, Odisha (February 22 – March 1, 2020).
1) Savitribai Phule Pune University
2) Anna University
3) Panjab University
4) Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology University
5) Punjabi University
Answer-3) Panjab University
The 1st edition of the 2020 Khelo India University Games (KIUG) was held from February 22 – March 1, 2020 at KIIT University (Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology University) in Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
Khelo India University Games (KIUG) 2020 Medal Tally by states:
Rank State Gold Silver Bronze Medal Tally 1 Panjab University (PB) 17 18 10 45 2 Savitribai Phule Pune University, MS 17 11 9 37 3 Punjabi University, Patiala (PB) 12 6 14 32
- Which of the following is the mascot of 1st Khelo university games held at Bhubaneswar, Odisha?
1) Jay and Bijay
2) Vijay and Vijaya
3) Jaya and Vijay
4) Bijay and Vijay
5) Vijaya and Jay
Answer-1) Jay and Bijay
The 1st edition of the 2020 Khelo India University Games (KIUG) was held from February 22 – March 1, 2020 at KIIT University (Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology University) in Bhubaneswar,Odisha. The official mascots of the event are ‘Jay and Bijay’.
- Who won the 27th edition of Mexican Open (Abierto Mexicano Telcel) held between February 24-29, 2020 in Men’s singles Category?
1) Dominic Thiem (Austria)
2) Novak Djokovic (Serbia)
3) Roger Federer (Switzerland)
4) Rafael Nadal (Spain)
5) Taylor Harry Fritz (America)
Answer-4) Rafael Nadal (Spain)
The 2020 Mexican Open (27th edition) officially known as Abierto Mexicano Telcel (AMT) presentado por HSBC (Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation), a lawn tennis tournament was held at Acapulco, Mexico between 24 and 29 February 2020. It was played on Outdoor Hard Court Surface. Rafael Nadal wins the Mexican open tournament for the 3rd time and it is his 85th ATP title overall (Men’s singles category).
2020 Mexican Open Winners
Category Winner Runner Up Men’s Singles Rafael Nadal Parera (Spain) Taylor Harry Fritz (America) Women’s Singles Heather Miriam Watson (United Kingdom) Leylah Annie Fernandez (Canada) Men’s Doubles Łukasz Kubot (Poland) & Marcelo Pinheiro Davi de Melo (Brazil) Juan Sebastian Cabal Valdes (Colombo) & Robert Charbel Farah Maksoud (Colombo) Women’s Doubles Desirae Marie Krawczyk (America) & Giuliana Marion Olmos Dick (Mexico) Kateryna Volodymyrivna Bondarenko (Ukraine) & Sharon Fichman (Canada)
- Find the person who is the 1st Mexican player winning the Mexican open or Abierto Mexicano Telcel (AMT) title.
1) Annie Fernandez
2) Heather Watson
3) Giuliana Olmos
4) Daniel Garza
5) Pablo Cuevas
Answer-3) Giuliana Olmos
The 2020 Mexican Open (27th edition) officially known as Abierto Mexicano Telcel (AMT) presentado por HSBC (Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation), a lawn tennis tournament was held at Acapulco, Mexico between 24 and 29 February 2020. Giuliana Olmos made history, and became the first Mexican player to win the Abierto Mexicano Telcel (in women’s doubles category).
- Balbir Singh Kullar who is in news recently (Feb 2020) is related to which sports?
Balbir Singh Kullar, former Indian hockey player, Padma Shri awardee and a Punjab Police Officer passed away at the age of 77 in Sansarpur, Jalandhar district, Punjab. Balbir was born on 8th August 1942 in Sansarpur, Punjab. He also served as an Indian national team selector.
- Virendra Sirohi who passed away recently is the Member of Legislative Assembly (MLA) of which Indian state?
2) Uttar Pradesh
3) West Bengal
Answer-2) Uttar Pradesh
Uttar Pradesh(UP) BJP MLA (Member of the Legislative Assembly) Virendra Singh Sirohi from Bulandshahr passed away at the age of 73 in New Delhi, who was first elected as MLA for the 13th Uttar Pradesh Assembly in 1996, then in 2007 & last in 2017. He also served as Revenue Minister from 1997 till 2002 in the Mayawati-led state government in UP.
- Joginder Singh Saini who passed away recently (Feb 2020) is a _________.
1) Law maker
2) Stunt man
4) Athletics Coach
5) Vedic Scholar
Answer-4) Athletics Coach
Senior athletics coach & Dronacharya awardee Joginder Singh Saini, who trained some of India’s finest track and field stars, passed away at the age of 90, in Patiala, Punjab, due to age related problems. He served as the chief national athletics coach for many years from the year 1970 to 1990.
- The theme for Zero Discrimination Day 2020 is ‘Zero Discrimination against Women & Girls’. The Zero Discrimination Day is observed annually on _______.
1) April 15
2) March 1
3) January 29
4) February 28
5) March 31
Answer-2) March 1
Zero Discrimination is celebrated annually on March 1 to challenge the discrimination faced by women & girls, to raise awareness & mobilize action to promote equality & empowerment for women & girls. The theme for 2020 is “Zero Discrimination against Women & Girls”. The symbol for this day is Butterfly.
- The World Civil Defence Day (WCDD) is observed annually on March 1. The theme for WCDD 2020 is _________________.
1) Theme: “Protection of children, our responsibility”
2) Theme: “It’s my turn”
3) Theme: “Children’s safety, our responsibility”
4) Theme: “Civil Defence for the citizens”
5) Theme: “Civil Defence and a first aider in every home”
Answer-5) Civil Defence and a first aider in every home
Word Civil Defense Day (WCDD) is celebrated annually on 1st March, to create awareness on the self-protection & preventive measures to be taken in the event of disasters or accidents and pay tribute to the efforts, sacrifices of the national services responsible for the fight against disasters.
Theme of the WCDD 2020: “Civil Defence and a first aider in every home”.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Who is the present air chief marshal of Indian Air Force (IAF)?
Answer-Rakesh Kumar Singh Bhadauria
- Name the constituency where the present Lok Sabha speaker Om Birla elected from (in 17th lok sabha general elections 2019)?
- What is the Capital & Currency of Germany?
Answer-Capital – Berlin & Currency – Euro
- What is the Capital & Currency of Malaysia?
Answer-Capital – Kuala Lumpur & Currency – Malaysian ringgit
- Anil Baijal is the present Governor of which Indian state/UT?
[su_button url=”https://affairscloud.com/current-affairs/march-2020/” target=”self” style=”default” background=”#2D89EF” color=”#FFFFFF” size=”5″ wide=”no” center=”no” radius=”auto” icon=”” icon_color=”#FFFFFF” text_shadow=”none” desc=”” download=”” onclick=”” rel=”” title=”” id=”” class=””]Click Here to Try March Current Affairs 2020 Quiz[/su_button]