AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz June 9 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC,CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams.We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- On June 8, 2017, Minister of Railways, Suresh Prabhu inaugurated Indian Railways’ 1st HR Round Table Conference in:
Answer – 2.New Delhi
A K Mital – Chairman of Railway Board and other senior Railway officials were also present at the conference. HR experts and leaders of industry held round table discussion on three themes viz. Stakeholders Expectations from HR, The Future of Work – HR Role and Creativity Within Constraints.
- On June 9, 2017, the Goods and Services Tax(GST) Council announced the setting up of how many sectoral groups to ensure a smooth roll-out of the GST?
1.18 sectoral groups
2.20 sectoral groups
3.22 sectoral groups
4.24 sectoral groups
5.26 sectoral groups
Answer – 1.18 sectoral groups
The newly constituted groups will represent various sectors of the economy and will be headed by senior officers of the Centre and the states, who will ensure smooth implementation of GST by timely responding to the issues and problems of their respective sectors
- The second National Health Editors’ Conference on Yoga was inaugurated by Minister of State for AYUSH (Independent Charge), Shripad Yesso Naik in:
Answer – 3.New Delhi
The conference is being organized by Ministry of AYUSH in association with Press Information Bureau (PIB), M/o Information & Broadcasting and Central Council for Research in Yoga and Naturopathy (M/o AYUSH) as a part of celebrations of the 3rd International Day of Yoga on 21st June, 2017.
- On June 9, 2017, the Presidents of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) member-states — China, Russia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan– signed a document granting membership to which two Asian countries?
1.India and Nepal
2.India and Bangladesh
3.India and Sri Lanka
4.India and Pakistan
5.India and Indonesia
Answer – 4.India and Pakistan
On June 9, 2017, the Presidents of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) member-states — China, Russia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan — signed a document granting membership to Pakistan and India. The document was signed at Astana, Kazakhstan during the SCO Summit.
- _____________ and UN Office for South- South Cooperation (UNOSSC)has launched a partnership fund for supporting sustainable development projects across the world
Answer – 1.India
The partnership fund was launched on the occasion of the ‘World Oceans Day’ at Permanent Mission of India to UN. The objective of this partnership is to reduce poverty and hunger, improving health, education and equality, and expanding access to clean water, energy and livelihoods.
- Which software services company has launched “BaNCS App Development Kit” (ADK) that will enable banks to design and build their own apps and deploy it across devices and desktops seamlessly?
Answer – 3.TCS
“BaNCS ADK” will help banks to design and deploy enterprise and consumer apps in hybrid architecture, adopting modern principles of responsive web design. While “BaNCS ADK” comes with its own array of widgets, controls and components, banks can add their existing or new widgets at will and has the opportunity to open it to their ecosystem.
- State-run fuel retailers will revise petrol and diesel prices daily from which date throughout the country to counter undercutting by private retailers and to bring India at par with the US oil market?
1.June 16, 2017
2.June 21, 2017
3.June 26, 2017
4.July 1, 2017
5.July 6, 2017
Answer – 1.June 16, 2017
The move follows successful implementation of a month-long pilot run in Udaipur, Jamshedpur, Puducherry, Chandigarh and Vishakhapatnam from May 1, 2017. Public sector retailers have so far been revising prices on the 16th and last day of each month — except in these cities — on the basis of average prices of crude and products in regional bulk markets as well as rupee-dollar exchange rate in the preceding fortnight.
- Which platform will be rolled out by Ministry of Civil Aviation to add digital experience for air travellers?
Answer – 1.’DigiYatra’
‘DigiYatra’ initiative aims at bringing together entire industry to develop a digital ecosystem that will deliver customers a seamless and paperless service experience at every stage of journey. The platform will help passengers to plan their trips efficiently by identifying price trends and estimate future airfares at the time of ticket booking.
- Who among the following has won Spain’s prestigious Princess of Asturias Award for Literature?
Answer – 2.Adam Zagajewski
Adam Zagajewski, one of the most pre-eminent contemporary Polish poets, novelists and essayists has won Spain’s prestigious Princess of Asturias Award for Literature. Jury of Princess of Asturias Award has mentioned that Zagajewski resolute stance in defence of freedom and the search for beauty is faithfully reflected in his work which contains great human depth and fine aesthetic sensibility.
- RedInk Awards are associated with which field?
Answer – 3.Journalism
The Mumbai Press Club’s RedInk Awards for Excellence in Indian Journalism, 2017, were presented on June 7, 2017, at a glittering awards ceremony at the National Centre for Perfoming Arts. With 15 categories, they are the biggest journalism awards in India where winners are chosen by their peers.
- Sushila Karki, first woman ______________retired after attaining the age of 65 years.
1.Chief Election Commissioner of Nepal
2.Attorney General of Nepal
3.Vice-President of Nepal
4.Foreign Affairs Minister
5.Chief Justice of Nepal Supreme Court
Answer – 5.Chief Justice of Nepal Supreme Court
Sushila Karki, first woman Chief Justice of Nepal Supreme Court retired after attaining the age of 65 years. She was appointed as acting Chief Justice of Nepal Supreme Court on July 11, 2016 since her predecessor Kalyan Shrestha retired.
- Which company has acquired Hexadite, an Israeli startup that uses AI to identify and protect against cyber attacks?
Answer – 4.Microsoft
The acquisition has been made to expand Microsoft’s existing security portfolio with an infusion of new technology based around new innovations in areas like Artificial Intelligence and machine learning.
- Which mobile app has been launched by President Pranab Mukherjee , that is aimed at raising awareness about female foeticide and sex selection?
1.’Selfie with Daughter’
2.’Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao’
3.’Save the Girl Child’
Answer – 1.’Selfie with Daughter’
President said that ‘Selfie with Daughter’ has become a worldwide movement against female foeticide and sex selection. The campaign was started by Sunil Jaglan in June 2015 in village Bibipur in Haryana’s Jind district.
- The world’s oldest fossil mushroom — dating back to about 115 million years — has been discovered in:
Answer – 4.Brazil
The mushroom has been named Gondwan Agaricites Magnificus and belongs to the Agaricales order. Around 115 million years ago, when the ancient super-continent Gondwana was breaking apart, the mushroom fell into a river and began an improbable journey.
- Who among the following will get a minor planet in Milky Way named after her as reward for developing a crowd-sourced method to monitor pollution in water bodies?
Answer – 4.Sahithi Pingali
A twelfth-grader from Bengaluru, Sahithi Pingali, 16, presented her paper “An Innovative Crowdsourcing Approach to Monitoring Freshwater Bodies” at the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair (ISEF) for which she was awarded the second position prize and three special awards in the Earth and Environment Sciences category.
- In a first of its kind, _____________ Indian men featured in the top-15 of the world rankings released by the Badminton World Federation(BWF) on June 8, 2017
Answer – 2.three
Ajay Jayaram (No.13), Kidambi Srikanth (No.14) and Sai Praneeth (No.15) are the three men who achieved this high. While Jayaram has achieved his career-best ranking of No.13 a few weeks back, Srikanth, who was once No.3 in the world, improved a spot to No.14.
- Who among the following Sri Lankan Cricketer has been inducted into the ICC Cricket Hall of Fame in London on June 8, 2017?
1.Arvinda de Silva
Answer – 2.Muttiah Muralitharan
Muttiah Muralitharan was honoured during the innings break of the India versus Sri Lanka Champions Trophy match at The Oval. Muralitharan was awarded the honour along with Arthur Morris, George Lohmann and Karen Rolton by fellow ICC Cricket Hall of Famers and members of the media.
- Jeje Lalpekhlua is associated with which sport?
Answer – 3.Football
India and Mohun Bagan striker Jeje Lalpekhluaon has received the All India Football Federation’s (AIFF) inaugural player of the year 2016 award. Sasmita Malik was adjudged the 2016 AIFF Women’s player of the year.
- Adnan Khashoggi, who passed away on June 6, 2017, was a:
2.Saudi Arms Dealer
5.Saudi Military General
Answer – 1.Saudi Arms Dealer
Saudi arms dealer Adnan Khashoggi, a tycoon known for his lavish billionaire lifestyle and far-reaching international connections, died in London at the age of 82. He was at one time estimated to be worth £2.4 billion.
- Mehrunnisa Dalwai, who passed away on June 9, 2017, was an eminent:
Answer – 2.Rights Activist
Mehrunnisa Dalwai, wife of prominent Muslim activist and thinker late Hamid Dalwai and the protagonist of a reformist movement ‘Muslim Satyashodhak Mandal’, passed away in Pune on June 9, 2017. She was 87.
- Who is the author of the book, “The Crisis within Knowledge and Education in India”?
Answer – 3.Ganesh Devy
Ganesh Devy’s latest book, “ “The Crisis within Knowledge and Education in India”, argues that it is of critical importance that the plight of educational institutions and the need to generate knowledge appropriate to India are addressed without any delay.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.