AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz June 5 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC,CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams.We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- On the occasion of World Environment Day, the Union Minister of Urban Development M.Venkaiah Naidu launched a campaign on source segregation of municipal waste for:
2.National Capital Region (NCR)
Answer – 2.National Capital Region (NCR)
Under the campaign, bins with different colors, shall be used to segregate waste in every house and shop. Green bins shall be used for wet waste and Blue bins for dry waste.
- On June 4, 2017, which State Government launched single-woman pension scheme across the state, thereby becoming the first state in India to launch such scheme?
Answer – 1.Telangana
Under this scheme, Telangana State Govt. will provide 1,000 financial assistance per month to single women. The beneficiaries would get the pension in their bank accounts every month. Officials have identified 108302 beneficiaries in 31 districts.
- Which city corporation is set to introduce India’s first Public Bicycle Sharing service?
Answer – 4.Mysuru
Under the scheme, one can rent a bicycle from docking stations to be set up at public and tourism places, and return it at any docking station. A total of 450 bicycles will be kept at 52 docking stations at public and tourism places.
- The National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) has signed a pact with which institute to train more than 30,000 unemployed youth across various states in the aviation space?
1.Fly High Academy
3.Blue Sky Academy
5.Flying Star Academy
Answer – 4.Bird Academy
The NSDC and Bird Academy signed a MoU on June 1, 2017 for skilling unemployed youth in the aviation and aerospace sector. The two organisations will work together to set up training centres and centres of excellence in India.
- The Indian Army is all set to open up combat positions for women, a gender barrier broken by only a few countries globally. Who is the current Chief of Army Staff?
2.Dalbir Singh Suhag
4.Vijay Kumar Singh
Answer – 1.Bipin Rawat
Army chief General Bipin Rawat said the process to allow women in combat roles, currently an exclusive domain of men, is moving fast and initially women will be recruited for positions in military police.
- Which country has overtaken China and has ranked as the top country in the 2017 Global Retail Development Index (GRDI) released by A.T. Kearney?
Answer – 2.India
2017 GRDI titled ‘The Age of Focus’ has outlined that India’s rapidly growing economy, relaxation of Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) rules and a consumption boom triggered by growing middle class population are the key factors on basis of which India topped the index this year.
- Which country has recently revoked its 334-year-old blasphemy law?
Answer – 3.Denmark
Danish lawmakers have repealed centuries-old blasphemy law which forbid public insults of a religion, such as the burning of holy books. The revoked law prescribed fines or imprisonment up to four months for blasphemous acts.
- As per World Bank’s Global Economic Prospects (GEP) report,released on June 4, 2017, the global economy is expected to grow at what rate in 2017?
Answer – 4.2.7%
The report has outlined that trade and manufacturing activities are picking up and overall confidence is improving. As per the report, emerging market economies including China and India will surpass their long term growth average by 2018.
- Which among the following entity has launched its international exchange in the Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (GIFT City)?
1.National Stock Exchange
2.Bombay Stock Exchange
3.Multi Commodity Exchange
4.National Commodity & Derivatives Exchange
5.United Stock Exchange of India
Answer – 1.National Stock Exchange
NSE IFSC Ltd, the global exchange promoted by National Stock Exchange, will remain operational for a longer period than NSE during a trading day. All the trades will be cleared and settled through NSE IFSC Clearing Corporations Ltd.
- Which company has entered into a new business segment of setting up charging stations for electric vehicles (EVs) and has installed first such points at its offices in Delhi and Noida?
Answer – 2.NTPC
NTPC is looking at creating new business segment of EV charging points, in line with India’s ambition to have all electric vehicles by 2030 to cut fuel import bill and running cost.
- Who among the following will be conferred Bharat Gaurav Awardby the Non Residential Indian (NRI) community of USA on June 9, 2017, at the United Nations Hall, New York?
Answer – 4.Madhur Bhandarkar
Bharat Gaurav Awards are a set of awards given out by the Non Residential Indian (NRI) community of USA. Spiritual leader, Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, Late Kalpana Chawla (astronaut), Dr. Bindeshwar Pathak (founder of Sulabh International), Acharya Lokesh Muni are other prominent personalities, who will be conferred Bharat Gaurav Award this year along with Madhur Bhandrkar.
- On June 5, 2017, Indian Space Research Organisation(ISRO)successfully launched the Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle-Mark III (GSLV-Mk III) – D1, along with a communications satellite _________ from Satish Dhawan Space Centre at Sriharikota in Andhra Pradesh.
Answer – 1.GSAT-19
About 43 metres tall, GSLV-Mk III weighed 640 tonnes. It’s main and bigger cryogenic engine has been developed by ISRO scientists. The communications satellite GSAT-19 weighed 3,136kg (heaviest to be lifted by an Indian rocket till date). It is a multi-beam satellite that carries Ka and Ku band forward and return link transponders and geostationary radiation spectrometer. GSAT-19 has a life span of 10 years.
- First university satellite of Mongolia was sent off into space form the United States on June 4, 2017. This satellite has been named after:
Answer – 1.a bear
The first university satellite of Mongolia which is named after the Mongolian endangered Gobi bear — Mazaalai — was sent off into space from the United States on June 4, 2017. The launch took place from the Kennedy Space Center in Florida, United States.
- Who is the current Attorney General of India?
5.L N Sinha
Answer – 3.Mukul Rohatgi
The Appointment Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has approved the extension of the term of law officers including attorney general Mukul Rohatgi, solicitor general Ranjit Kumar and additional solicitor generals until further orders. Attorney general Rohatgi was appointed as the 14th attorney general of India in June 2014.
- Which railway station in the suburbs of Bhopal will become country’s first railway station to be redeveloped in a public-private partnership (PPP) mode?
1.Raniganj Railway Station
2.Kunwarganj Railway Station
3.Sahibganj Railway Station
4.Habibganj Railway Station
5.Huzoorganj Railway Station
Answer – 4.Habibganj Railway Station
The country’s first railway station to be redeveloped as a public-private partnership (PPP), Habibganj is set to become a swanky commercial hub with shops, offices and hotels. The operation and maintenance responsibilities for the Habibganj railway station have been given to Bhopal-based Bansal Group for a period of eight years.
- Which app launched by Telecom Regulatory Authority of India will help mobile users to rate the call quality in real time?
Answer – 1.’MyCall’
TRAI has launched three apps – Trai MyCall App, auto test enabled MySpeed app and Do-not-disturb 2.0 app – aimed at improving customer experience through real-time feedback. MyCall Android app will help mobile users to rate the call quality in real time, from one star to five star, five being the highest. MySpeed app helps users measure 3G and 4G speeds. The new version of the Do-not-disturb app comes with a spam detection engine for SMS, and marks the message as spam but will wait for the consumer’s action.
- Ramkumar Ramanathan is associated with which sport?
Answer – 2.Tennis
Indian tennis player Ramkumar Ramanathan lifted the $15,000 ITF men’s Futures tennis title after outplaying Raymond Sarmiento of the USA in Singapore. It was the first title of the season for Ramkumar and 15th of his career.
- Shivraj, who passed away on June 3, 2017, was a:
Answer – 1.Film Actor
Character actor Shivraj, who was one of the most recognisable faces in the Hindi cinema of the 1950s and the 60s, died on June 3, 2017. Shivraj acted in many films in a career spanning almost five decades.
- Who is the author of the novel ‘The Ministry of Utmost Happiness’?
Answer – 3.Arundhati Roy
Arundhati Roy’s eagerly-awaited second novel went on sale worldwide on June 6, 2017, two decades after her prize-winning debut ‘The God of Small Things’. Arundhati Roy became the first Indian woman to win the prestigious Booker Prize with her novel ‘The God of Small Things’.
- What was the theme of ‘World Environment Day’ 2017, celebrated on 5th June, 2017?
1.‘Small Islands and Climate Change’
2.‘Think, Eat, Save’
3.’Connecting People to Nature’
4.’Seven Billion Dreams; One Planet; Consume with Care’
5.’Many Species. One Planet. One Future’
Answer – 3.’Connecting People to Nature’
World Environment Day (WED) occurs on 5 June every year, and is the United Nation’s principal vehicle for encouraging worldwide awareness and action for the protection of our environment. The theme for 2017 was ‘Connecting People to Nature’. The host nation was Canada.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.