AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz June 4 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC,CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams.We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- The three-day festival‘Making of Developed India’ (MODI) was held on June 2, 2017 in which state?
5.Madhya PradeshAnswer – 2.Andhra Pradesh
Making of Developed India (MODI), a three-day festival was held in Andhra Pradesh, simultaneously at three different places – Vijayawada, Kurnool and Visakhapatnam, to mark the successful completion of three-year rule by the NDA government under the leadership of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- Post roll-out of Goods and Services Tax (GST) from July 1, 2017, Gold will be costlier as the current incidence is 2%, whereas the GST Council has proposed to tax gold and gold jewellery at ______%.
5.7%Answer – 1.3%
As per decision taken at the recent GST Council meeting, chaired by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley, Gold will become slightly costlier as the current incidence is 2%, whereas the GST Council has proposed to tax gold and gold jewellery at 3%.
- The Indian Railways is stepping up efforts to reduce emission by ______% in the next 10-12 years through sustained energy efficiency measures and maximum use of clean fuel.
5.55%Answer – 3.33%
Promoting low carbon mass transportation system, the Railways will be using 5 per cent bio diesel and CNG/LNG for traction while stepping up use of renewables up to 10 per cent of its energy needs by 2030.
- The Aadhaar card has now been made mandatory for government subsidy on which commodity?
5.KeroseneAnswer – 5.Kerosene
Those availing kerosene subsidies or contributing for the Atal Pension Yojana will now be required to furnish proof of possession of Aadhaar number or undergo the enrolment process to get the benefits.
- India has ranked at which position in the World Competitiveness Rankings 2017, compiled by the International Institute for Management Development’s (IMD) World Competitiveness Center?
5.25th rankAnswer – 1.45th rank
India’s 45th rank in this year’s rankings marks a drop by 4 places from 41st rank in 2016 rankings. Hong Kong topped the rankings for the second year. Hong Kong is followed by Switzerland at second position and Singapore at third position.
- On May 30, 2017, Prime Minister Narendra Modi and German Chancellor Angela Merkel held the fourth India-Germany Intergovernmental Consultations (IGC)in:
5.Munich, GermanyAnswer – 2.Berlin, Germany
On May 30, 2017, Fourth India-Germany Intergovernmental Consultations (IGC) was held in Berlin, Germany to set a roadmap for the bilateral strategic ties. IGC between India and Germany is held every two years. Last IGC was held in New Delhi in October, 2015.
- As a part of his four-nation tour, PM Modi reached Spain on May 31, 2017. He thereby became 1st Indian PM to visit Spain in nearly_________ years
5.50 yearsAnswer – 3.30 years
After wide-ranging talks between Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Spanish Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy at the Moncloa Palace in Madrid, Spain, India and Spain signed seven agreements. During his visit to Spain PM Modi also called on King Felipe VI of Spain.
- On June 1, 2017, India and Russia signed pact for 2 nuclear power units in:
1.Kudankulam, Tamil Nadu
5.Sagar, Madhya PradeshAnswer – 1.Kudankulam, Tamil Nadu
On June 1, 2017, Prime Minister Narendra Modi held wide-ranging talks with Russian President Vladimir Putin. Following the talks, India and Russia signed pact for 2 nuclear power units in Kudankulam, Tamil Nadu. Russia had been pushing India to sign the agreement on Kudankulam nuclear reactors for the past eight months. The agreement had missed two deadlines earlier.
- Indian and Russia have agreed to soon conduct the first ever Tri-services exercise which will be called:
5.MALABAR-2017Answer – 2.INDRA-2017
During PM Narendra Modi’s visit to Russia, India and Russia have agreed to work towards a higher level of military- to- military cooperation by holding regular joint land and sea military exercises. This year, both the countries will conduct the first ever Tri-services exercise INDRA-2017.
- As per a report by HSBC, India’s economy will grow at what rate during the current fiscal?
5.7.7%Answer – 2.7.1%
India’s economic growth is expected to remain flat at 7.1 per cent in current fiscal as investment is still weak and government spending might not be as high given the fiscal consolidation.
- Which among the following entity has collaborated with Google Maps to give the people its authentic timetable and associated geographic details?
5.Kolkata MetroAnswer – 3.Mumbai Metro
The Mumbai Metro One Pvt Ltd (MMOPL) has collaborated with Google Maps to give the people its authentic timetable and associated geographic details on all the Metro stations on the Versova-Andheri-Ghatkopar route. Through the Google Maps app, the trip timings are provided on each service operated at a frequency of four minutes during peak and eight minutes in non-peak hours.
- Anil Ambani has announced that that the new RCom- Aircel merged entity will be called:
5.RelCelAnswer – 4.Aircom
Anil Ambani-led Reliance Communications also announced that its lenders have agreed to a strategic restructuring plan under which it will get a 7-month to service loans amounting to Rs 45,000 crore.
- Which district of Andhra Pradesh has been selected for the MGNREGA annual award for effective implementation of the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act during 2015-16?
5.ChittoorAnswer – 1.Vizianagaram
The Ministry of Rural Development has selected Vizianagaram in Andhra Pradesh as one among the 17 districts across the nation for the MGNREGA annual award for effective implementation of the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act during 2015-16.
- On June 4, 2017, India successfully test-fired its first all weather tracked-chassis QR-SAM, Abbreviation QR-SAM stands for:
1.Quick Reaction Surface-to-Air Missile
2.Quick Response Surface-to-Air Missile
3.Quick Retaliation Surface-to-Air Missile
4.Quick Record Surface-to-Air Missile
5.Quick Reload Surface-to-Air MissileAnswer – 1.Quick Reaction Surface-to-Air Missile
India successfully test-fired its first all weather tracked-chassis Quick Reaction Surface-to-Air Missile (QR-SAM) from a mobile launcher at Integrated Test Range at Chandipur in Odisha on June 4, 2017. The test was carried out for validating various parameters of the sophisticated weapon system to further strengthen its air defence system.
- On June 3, 2017, which entity successfully launched its first recycled supply ship to the International Space Station (ISS)?
4.European Space Agency
5.Virgin GalacticAnswer – 3.SpaceX
SpaceX’s Falcon rocket lifted off carrying Dragon capsule, which was loaded with nearly 6000 pounds of scientific research and station supplies. It will reach ISS on June 5, 2017. It is the second time the Dragon has been sent to ISS.
- Who among the following has won Thailand Open Grand Prix Gold badminton title?
3.B Sai Praneeth
5.Naveen NarulaAnswer – 3.B Sai Praneeth
B Sai Praneeth clinched the Thailand Open Grand Prix Gold badminton title defeating Indonesia’s Jonatan Christie 17-21, 21-18, 21-19 in a tough three-game final. The success in the Thailand Open Grand Prix Gold extended Sai Praneeth’s remarkable run in 2017.
- ‘International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression’ is observed on which date every year?
5.6th JuneAnswer – 3.4th June
The International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression is a United Nations observance each 4 June. It was established on 19 August 1982. Originally focused on victims of the 1982 Lebanon War, its purpose expanded to acknowledge the pain suffered by children throughout the world who are the victims of physical, mental and emotional abuse.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.