AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz June 30 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- On June 29, 2017, Prime Minister Narendra Modi attended centenary celebrations of Sabarmati Ashram in:
Answer – 2.Ahmedabad
Prime Minister Narendra Modi was on a two-day visit to Gujarat on 29th and 30th June 2017. During the course of this visit, he attended several events and inaugurated development projects in the region.
- Delhi Development Authority‘s much-awaited new housing scheme with ______ flats on offer was rolled out on June 30, 2017.
Answer – 1.12000 flats
The scheme is being floated under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana to help a large number of people avail subsidy on interest. The cost of the flats varies from Rs 7.5 lakh to Rs 1.44 crore, depending on the type and location.
- 6th India Myanmar Joint Trade Committee (JTC) Meeting was held on June 27, 2017 in:
Answer – 3.Delhi, India
On June 27, 2017, 6th India Myanmar Joint Trade Committee (JTC) Meeting co-chaired by Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman, Minister of Commerce & Industry from India and Dr. Than Myint, Union Commerce Minister from Myanmar was held in New Delhi.
- On June 30, 2017, lower house of which country’s Parliament voted to legalize same-sex marriage?
Answer – 4.Germany
The historic decision came just five days after Chancellor Angela Merkel unexpectedly relaxed her party’s opposition to same-sex marriage and allowed lawmakers to vote on the issue according to their consciences.
- UK Prime Minister Theresa May is the leader of which political party?
5.Democratic Unionist Party
Answer – 1.Conservative Party
UK Prime Minister Theresa May narrowly won a confidence vote in parliament on 30th June 2017. Theresa May won by 323 votes in favour and 309 against in the 650-seat parliament. In order to make her minority government win the vote, May struck a deal with the DUP and its 10 MPs at Westminster.
- Which International Finance Organisation has committed USD 10 billion support for infrastructure building and immediate development needs of less-developed states in India?
2.International Monetary fund
3.Asian Development Bank
4.New Development Bank
5.Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank
Answer – 3.Asian Development Bank
Asian Development Bank has said, it is ready to meet immediate development needs of up to USD 5 billion over the five-year period for less developed states, including Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Jharkhand, Odisha and Chhattisgarh, addressing critical infrastructure and capacity deficits. In addition, ADB is also prepared to invest up to USD 5 billion during 2018-2022 for infrastructure building to develop the East Coast Economic Corridor.
- Which country has signed a MoU with Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL), under India’s Ministry of Power to implement energy efficiency programmes and scale-up demand side measures in that country?
Answer – 4.Saudi Arabia
As per the MoU, EESL will provide consultancy and expand the capacity of the National Energy Services Company, which is instituted by the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, to execute energy efficiency programmes. The move comes in the wake of the Arab Kingdom working ardently towards reducing its power subsidies and introducing energy efficiency initiatives.
- US Government has decided to sell one _________ aircraft to India, which will improve India’s capability to meet current and future strategic airlift requirements.
Answer – 1.C-17 Globemaster
The proposed sale of C-17 Globemaster transport aircraft by Boeing at an estimated cost of is USD 366.2 million includes one missile Warning System, one Countermeasures Dispensing System, one Identification Friend or Foe (IFF) Transponder and precision navigation equipment.
- On June 30, 2017, Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated ‘Textiles India – 2017’, country’s first-ever mega trade event for the textiles sector in:
3.Kolkata, West Bengal
5.Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
Answer – 4.Gandhinagar, Gujarat
The event ‘Textiles India 2017’, organised by the Union Ministry of Textiles, is aimed at showcasing the country as a global sourcing hub and investment destination. The three-day event is expected to see participation from 2500 international buyers, over 1000 international and domestic exhibitors and several top fashion designers.
- SIERRA ODC building in ____________ has been recognised as the world’s second highest ranking Green Building, with a score of 103 out of 110 under Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification.
SIERRA ODC Building has been designed and constructed with an emphasis on increasing the efficiency of energy, water or materials that were used, while reducing its impact on human health and the environment through its entire lifecycle.
- Who among the following has secured the top possible score of 162 on a Mensa IQ test, two points higher than geniuses Albert Einstein and Stephen Hawking?
Answer – 4.Arnav Sharma
An 11-year-old Indian-origin boy in the UK named Arnav Sharma has secured the top possible score of 162 on a Mensa IQ test, two points higher than geniuses Albert Einstein and Stephen Hawking, making him one of the brainiest children in UK.
- Which mobile application of Union health Ministry has won the prestigious GSMA Asia Mobile Award 2017 (AMO) for outstanding contribution to the UN’s sustainable development goals in Asia?
Answer – 1.eVIN
Indigenously developed mobile application for digitising vaccine logistics, eVIN, has won the prestigious GSMA Asia Mobile Award 2017 (AMO) for outstanding contribution to the UN’s sustainable development goals in Asia. The Electronic Vaccine Intelligence Network (eVIN) is an online real-time vaccine logistics management system developed and implemented by the Ministry of Health and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
- Who among the following has been conferred with the ‘Best astrologer of the world’ award at the’Russian-Indian economic dialogue’ round-table meet held in Moscow, Russia?
1.TS Vineeth Bhatt
2.TS Jayanth Reddy
3.TS Vijay Menon
4.TS Ankur Nair
5.TS Binoy Panicker
Answer – 1.TS Vineeth Bhatt
TS Vineeth Bhatt, 37, is from Kerala and lives in Bowenpally, Hyderabad. Three generations of his family have been practising astrology. He is a personal astrologer to ministers, ambassadors, senators across the globe.
- On June 29, 2017, who among the following was appointed as India’s ambassador to Greece?
Answer – 3.Shamma Jain
Shamma Jain is a 1983-batch Indian Foreign Service officer. Jain is currently serving as Indian envoy to Panama. She had earlier served as ambassador to Cote d’Ivoire. Shamma Jain succeeds M Manimekalai as Indian envoy in Greece.
- On July 1, 2017, SN Subrahmanyan took charge as the CEO and Managing Director of which company?
4.Larsen & Toubro
Answer – 4.Larsen & Toubro
The appointment of S N Subrahmanyan was approved by the company board on April 7, 2017, which marks a major change in leadership positions at L&T where A M Naik has served for over 52 years, including as its head for over 17 years.
- On June 29, 2017, Prime Minister Narendra Modi released coins and a stamp on Mahatma Gandhi’s spiritual guide, ____________, at the Sabarmati Ashram in Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
1.Shrimad Deveshwar Maharaj
Answer – 3.Shrimad Rajchandraji
PM Modi released a commemorative first-day cover and a stamp of Rs 5 and coins of Rs 150 and Rs 10 denominations to mark the 150th birth anniversary of Shrimad Rajchandraji, which has coincided with the Sabarmati Ashram’s centenary celebrations. Shrimad Rajchandraji is known to be the spiritual mentor of Mahatma Gandhi.
- National Legal Services Authority (NALSA) has launched a web application for providing free legal services to:
1.Foreigners in India
2.Juveniles under Trial
4.Widows in Rural areas
5.Economically Weak people in remote areas
Answer – 3.Prisoners
The application shall make the legal services system more transparent, will be universally useful for all the relevant authorities to monitor the grant of legal aid to the prisoners in order to ensure that absolutely no prisoner goes unrepresented right from the first day of his production in the court
- Which space agency has successfully launched its sounding rocket to form colourful clouds after ten failed attempts?
4.European Space Agency
Answer – 2.NASA
NASA successfully launched its sounding rocket to form colourful clouds after ten failed attempts, cancelled for reasons including high winds, cloudy skies and boats in hazardous area. The rocket carried various chemicals to form artificial clouds to track particle motion.
- Wayde van Niekerk is a South African:
Answer – 5.Field Sprinter
Olympic champion Wayde van Niekerk wins the 300m to break Michael Johnson’s world record at the Golden Spike meet in the Czech Republic. Van Niekerk’s time also beat the Ostrava meeting record set by Usain Bolt in 2010.
- On June 30, 2017, President Pranab Mukherjee inaugurated an exhibition of art works at Academy of Fine Arts in:
Answer – 2.Kolkata
The President of India, Pranab Mukherjee inaugurated an exhibition of art works at Academy of Fine Arts, Kolkata on June 30, 2017. He also received the first copies of two Coffee Table books ‘Images and Impressions – Profile and Persona of Pranab Mukherjee’ and ‘Pranab Mukherjee 100 Frames’ from the Governor of West Bengal, Shri Keshari Nath Tripathi who formally released these books.
- Former Puducherry CPI legislator and freedom fighter _______ passed away on 30thof June 2017.
4.J Krishna Rao
5.N Rama Rao
Answer – 1.N Gurusamy
Gurusamy was 95 years old and a champion of farm labourers’ and industrial workers’ rights. He was member of the territorial assembly between 1969 and 1973. He was also an awardee of the Centre’s Tamara Patra. He was member of the Tamil Nadu CPI executive committee.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.