AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz June 3 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC,CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams.We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- On June 2, 2017, Governor of which state launched the Vidya-Veerta Abhiyanby presenting Vice Chancellors of universities with the portraits of Param Vir Chakra recipients?
5.AssamAnswer – 2.Uttarakhand
On June 2, 2017, Uttarakhand Governor K K Paul launched the Vidya-Veerta Abhiyan in the state by presenting Vice Chancellors of universities with the portraits of Param Vir Chakra recipients. A brain child of former Rajya Sabha member Tarun Vijay, Vidya-Veerta Abhiyan proposes to construct at least one 15-20 feet wall of valour in higher educational institution campuses to display the portraits of 21 soldiers decorated with the Param Vir Chakra, the highest military honour.
- According to a new report by the Oxford Poverty and Human Development Initiative (OPHI), about ______% of the world’s “multidimensionally poor” children live in India.
5.51%Answer – 1.31%
A “multi dimensionally poor” child is one who lacks at least one-third of ten indicators, grouped into three dimensions of poverty: health, education and standard of living. The health dimension comprises indicators such as nutrition, child mortality, and education. Under standard of living are indicators such as access to cooking fuel, improved sanitation, safe drinking water, electricity, flooring, and asset ownership.
- On June 3, 2017, UN General Assembly, elected which country as the non-permanent members of the Security Council for a two-year term beginning January 1, 2018?
4.Poland and Peru
5.All of the aboveAnswer – 5.All of the above
Cote D’Ivoire got 189 votes, while Equatorial Guinea got 185 votes and Kuwait 188 votes. Poland garnered 190 and Peru 186. The powerful UN Security Council is made up of 10 elected members and five permanent veto-wielding powers– the United States, Britain, France, China and Russia.
- The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has set up a committee to advise it on issues relating to corporate governance in Indian firms. Who is the chairman of this committee?
5.Rana KapoorAnswer – 1.Uday Kotak
The 21-member committee includes representatives from other companies, stock exchanges, professional bodies, investor groups, law firms, academicians, research professionals and SEBI officials. Uday Kotak, executive vice chairman and managing director of Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd is the chairman of this committee.
- Which company has signed an MoU with the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) to open two more technical training schools and to renew the partnership for 10 existing schools being run across the country?
5.MicrosoftAnswer – 2.Samsung
As per the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU), Samsung will open two new MSME-Samsung Technical Schools in Bengaluru and Jamshedpur. Reinforcing its commitment to the government’s “Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao” campaign, Samsung also announced the MSME-Samsung Technical School Scholarship programme for girls and differently-abled trainees.
- Which entity has bagged the ‘Raksha Mantri’s Award for Excellence’ under the group award category for design and development of 180 tonne class electric hydraulic excavator – BE1800E?
1.Larsen & Toubro
5.Reliance Defence and Engineering Ltd.Answer – 3.BEML Ltd.
BEML’s BE1800E is the biggest-ever excavator designed and developed in India. It is packed with leading-edge technologies, and offers a host of advantages, maintainability and operator comfort, and low operating costs. The electrical excavator is cost-efficient and an emission-free alternative to engine-driven excavators.
- Shashi Shekhar Vempati, has been appointed as new chief executive officer (CEO) of:
1.Steel Authority of India (SAIL)
5.ONGCAnswer – 4.Prasar Bharati
Vempanti, a technocrat, had been on the board of Prasar Bharati as a part-time member. His appointment as CEO was made on the recommendation of a three-member committee headed by vice-president Hamid Ansari, Press Council of India chairman Justice CK Prasad and the secretary of the Information and Broadcasting ministry who is also the President’s nominee.
- Param Jit Mann has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to:
1.Republic of Slovenia
5.PhilippinesAnswer – 1.Republic of Slovenia
Param Jit Mann has been appointed as the Ambassador of India to the Republic of Slovenia. Currently he is serving as the Ambassador of India to the Slovak Republic. He is expected to take up his assignment shortly.
- Leo Varadkar, an Indian-origin doctor, is set to become the youngest Prime Minister of:
5.FinlandAnswer – 2.Ireland
Mr. Varadkar, 38, will officially take over as Taoiseach, as the Irish prime ministerial title is known in Ireland, in Parliament later this month after he was declared the winner in the leadership race for the Fine Gael party. He took a majority of the votes to be declared as the 11th leader of the party as counting concluded in Dublin.
- Which institute has come up with a wireless technology for remote monitoring of patients’ condition ferried in ambulances?
1.IIT – Delhi
2.IIT – Kanpur
3.IIT – Kharagpur
4.IIT – Roorkee
5.IIT – GuwahatiAnswer – 3.IIT – Kharagpur
Christened ‘AmbuSens’, the technology has been developed in the SWAN lab of the Department of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) of IIT-Kharagpur. AmbuSens is capable of wireless monitoring of various physiological parameters like ECG, heart-rate, temperature and blood-pressure.
- Who among the following defeated Malaysian player Christian Didier Chin to win the boys singles title of HCL Asian Junior Tennis Championship?
1.Nitin Kumar Sinha
2.Akash Kumar Nagar
3.Vivek Kumar Mathur
4.Bunty Kumar Garg
5.Vicky Kumar BapatAnswer – 1.Nitin Kumar Sinha
Sinha, ranked a lowly 294, defeated Chin 6-4, 4-6, 6-2 in a final match held at the Shri Shiv Chhatrapati Sports Complex, Mahalunge – Balewadi, in Pune. Players from 11 countries in the region – Thailand, Taiwan, Japan, South Korea, Philippines, Hong-Kong, Malaysia, China, Sri Lanka, Iran and India participated in the tournament.
- Ganeshan Neelakanta Iyer is the referee of which sport?
5.WrestlingAnswer – 3.Table Tennis
Ganeshan Neelakanta Iyer, the only assigned competition manager of International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF), has become the first Indian to be nominated as a member of the Umpires and Referees Committee (URC).
- T.S.V. Hari, who passed away on June 1, 2017, was a veteran:
5.HistorianAnswer – 2.Journalist
Veteran journalist T.S.V. Hari, a former IANS Bureau Chief in Chennai, died on June 1, 2017 due to cardiac arrest. Hari started as a crime reporter and later switched to political reporting. He wrote for the Free Press Journal and later worked for Amrita Bazaar Patrika and Indian Express before joining IANS.
- S. Abdul Rahman, who passed away on June 2, 2017, was a famous:
1.Tamil Film Producer
2.Tamil Film Director
4.Tamil Film Actor
5.Former Minister of Tamil NaduAnswer – 3.Tamil Poet
Tamil poet S. Abdul Rahman, popularly known as ‘Kavikko,’ passed away in Chennai after a brief illness. He was 79. Born in Madurai on November 9, 1937, Abdul Rahman obtained his post-graduate degree in Tamil before joining the Islamiah College in Vaniyambadi, Vellore district, as a teacher.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.