AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz June 29 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- On June 28, 2017, Union Cabinet approved the 7th Pay Commission recommendations on allowances for government employees which are expected to benefit nearly 48 lakh employees. The recommendations will be effective from:
1.November 1, 2017
2.October 1, 2017
3.September 1, 2017
4.August 1, 2017
5.July 1, 2017Answer – 5.July 1, 2017
The revised allowances will cost the government Rs 30,748 crore per annum, Rs 1,488 crore more than Rs 29,300 crore estimated by the Pay Commission due to modification in recommendations made by the government.
- Union Government has launched a new training programme ‘COMMIT’for State Government officials. Abbreviation ‘COMMIT’ stands for:
1.Comprehensive Online Modified Modules on Induction Training
2.Comprehensive Online Mentoring Modules on Induction Training
3.Compulsory Online Modified Modules on Induction Training
4.Compulsory Online Mentoring Modules on Induction Training
5.Comprehensive Online Management Modules on Induction TrainingAnswer – 1.Comprehensive Online Modified Modules on Induction Training
On June 29, 2017, Dr. Jitendra Singh – Minister of State for Development of North Eastern Region, Prime Minister’s Office, Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, launched a new training programme ‘Comprehensive Online Modified Modules on Induction Training (COMMIT)’ for State Government officials. The objective of this training programme is to improve the public service delivery mechanism and provide citizen centric administration through capacity building of officials who interact with the citizens on day-to-day basis.
- Finance Ministry has issued a notification stating that every individual’s permanent account number (PAN) will have to be mandatorily linked to their existing Aadhaar number from:
1.July 1, 2017
2.August 1, 2017
3.September 1, 2017
4.October 1, 2017
5.November 1, 2017Answer – 1.July 1, 2017
As per the notification, every person who has been allotted PAN as on the 1st day of July shall intimate his Aadhaar number to the tax authorities. Biometric identification enabled by Aadhaar proves the identity of the PAN holder and helps tax authorities to crack cases of multiple PANs held by the same person with the idea of tax evasion.
- On June 27, 2017, Trump administration in United States has set new criteria for visa applicants from six Muslim nations and all refugees that require a close family or business tie to the United States. These six nations are:
1.Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Somalia, Libya, Iran and Yemen
2.Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Somalia, Libya, Iran and Pakistan
3.Syria, Sudan, Somalia, Libya, Egypt and Yemen
4.Syria, Sudan, Somalia, Libya, Iran and Yemen
5.Syria, Sudan, Somalia, Libya, Iran and PakistanAnswer – 4.Syria, Sudan, Somalia, Libya, Iran and Yemen
The move came after the US Supreme Court partially restored President Donald Trump’s executive order that was widely criticized as a ban on Muslims. Instructions issued by the US State Department say that new applicants from Syria, Sudan, Somalia, Libya, Iran and Yemen must prove a relationship with a parent, spouse, child, adult son or daughter, son-in-law, daughter-in-law or sibling already in the United States to be eligible.
- Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs has given its approval for development of six laning of Chakeri-Allahabad section of National Highway ______in Uttar Pradesh.
1.National Highway – 2
2.National Highway – 3
3.National highway – 4
4.National Highway – 5
5.National Highway – 6Answer – 1.National Highway – 2
This project on NH-2 is a part of Golden Quadrilateral between Delhi and Kolkata. The total length of the road to be developed is approximately 145 kms. The cost is estimated to be Rs.3691.09 crore including cost of land acquisition, resettlement and rehabilitation and other pre-construction activities.
- Which among the following has become the first country to make voluntary contribution to UN Tax Fund?
5.AustraliaAnswer – 2.India
India has contributed $100,000 to UN Trust Fund for International Cooperation in Tax Matters (UN Tax Fund) and has thereby become the first country to make the contribution. The UN Tax Trust Fund aims to support the work of the Committee of Experts on International Cooperation in Tax Matters (the UN Tax Committee).
- On June 27, 2017, which State Government launched MSME Development Corporation with a corpus fund of Rs 100 crore to promote micro small and medium enterprises (MSME) in the State?
5.Tamil NaduAnswer – 3.Andhra Pradesh
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu formally announced the creation of AP MSME Development Corporation that would help in boosting the small and medium industries in the State. He said that the MSMEs would help in the overall development of the State besides creating employment opportunities
- On June 27, 2017, Petroleum Minister Dharmendra Pradhan introduced OALP – a new oil and gas block licensing policy. Abbreviation OALP stands for:
1.Outstanding Acreage Licensing Policy
2.Open Authentication Licensing Policy
3.Open Approval Licensing Policy
4.Open Acreage Licensing Policy
5.Outstanding Authentication Licensing PolicyAnswer – 4.Open Acreage Licensing Policy
The new policy is expected to open up 8 million square kilometres of sedimentary basins to exploration and production activities. OALP, a part of the government’s Hydrocarbon Exploration and Licensing Policy (HELP), gives exploration companies the option to select the exploration blocks on their own, without having to wait for the formal bid round from the Government.
- Which company has made an agreement with Kawasaki Heavy Industries Ltd (KHI) of Japan for manufacturing of stainless steel coaches and bogies for metros?
2.Larsen & Toubro
5.Jindal SteelAnswer – 1.BHEL
On June 29, 2017 Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) has made an agreement with Kawasaki Heavy Industries Ltd (KHI) of Japan for manufacturing of stainless steel coaches and bogies for metros. This technology collaboration agreement will be helpful in establishing design, engineering and manufacturing facilities at BHEL.
- On June 28, 2017, Union Cabinet approved MoU between India and ______ on National Campaign for Water Conservation in India
5.USAnswer – 2.Israel
The Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Israel on National Campaign for Water Conservation in India will benefit India in conserving water for future generations. The Ministries of India and Israel have agreed to jointly work to accomplish objectives set under this MoU.
- Who among the following hasbeen awarded the Global Leadership Awards of the US-India Business Council for his role in integrating India in the global supply chain?
5.Nusli WadiaAnswer – 3.Adi Godrej
Godrej Group Chairman Adi Godrej and Dow Chemical CEO Andrew Liveries have been awarded the Global Leadership Awards of the US-India Business Council for their role in integrating India in the global supply chain. Both were honoured for creating inclusive business environments, integrating India in the global supply chain and advancing core values such as manufacturing, innovation and scale in tough market conditions.
- US President Donald Trump has nominated Krishna R. Urs to be the ambassador of US to:
5.ChileAnswer – 4.Peru
The appointment of Urs, a career member of the Senior Foreign Service, would have to be approved by the Senate. He is currently Charge d’Affaires of the US Embassy in Madrid. Urs took over after James Costos, who was appointed by former President Barack Obama, resigned.
- Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)’slatest communication satellite _________was successfully launched on board Ariane space rocket from Kourou in French Guiana on June 29, 2017.
5.GSAT-21Answer – 1.GSAT-17
GSAT-17 with a lift-off mass of about 3477 kg carried payloads in normal C-band, extended C-band and S-band to provide various communication services. It also carried equipment for meteorological data relay and satellite based search and rescue services being provided by earlier INSAT satellites.
- On June 28, 2017, Navy of which country launched its biggest new generation destroyer weighing 10,000 tonnes as part of its ambitious plans to become a global naval power?
5.AustraliaAnswer – 3.China
Chinese Navy’s new destroyer, a domestically designed and produced vessel, was launched at the Jiangnan Shipyard (Group), Shanghai. The vessel is the first of China’s new generation of destroyers. It is equipped with new air defence, anti-missile, anti-ship and anti-submarine weapons.
- On June 28, 2017, Union Cabinet gave ‘in principle’ approval for strategic disinvestment of which PSU based on the recommendations of Core Group of Secretaries on Disinvestment (CGD)?
5.GAILAnswer – 1.Air India
Union Cabinet has given ‘in principle’ approval for strategic disinvestment of Air India and five of its subsidiaries based on the recommendations of Core Group of Secretaries on Disinvestment (CGD). Air India-specific Alternative Mechanism headed by Minister of Finance including Minister for Civil Aviation and such other Ministers will be formed to guide the process on strategic disinvestment from time to time.
- A new cyber attack similar to WannaCry, carried out by Petya Virus,hit a terminal operated at which port in India?
1.Kandla Port Trust
2.Paradip Port Trust
3.Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust (JNPT)
4.Visakhapatnam Port Trust
5.Kolkata Port TrustAnswer – 3.Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust (JNPT)
A new cyber attack similar to WannaCry has hit a terminal operated by AP Moller-Maersk at the Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust (JNPT). It is to be noted that JNPT is India’s biggest container port. Owing to the attack, Gateway Terminal India, was not able to identify which shipment belongs to whom. The attack is being carried out by the Petya virus, with users being told to pay $300 in crypto currency per infected computer to unlock their systems.
- Which entity has achieved a significant milestone in its effort to make supersonic passenger jet travel over land a real possibility by completing the preliminary design review (PDR) of its Quiet Supersonic Transport or QueSST aircraft design?
4.European Space Agency
5.Russian Space AgencyAnswer – 3.NASA
QueSST is the initial design stage of NASA’s planned Low Boom Flight Demonstration (LBFD) experimental airplane, otherwise known as an X-plane. Recently senior experts and engineers from NASA and the Lockheed Martin Corporation concluded that the QueSST design is capable of fulfilling the LBFD aircraft’s mission objective to fly at supersonic speeds, but create a soft thump instead of the disruptive sonic boom associated with supersonic flight.
- Which country is constructing world’s first “forest cities” to fight air pollution and curb the production of toxic gases?
5.BangladeshAnswer – 2.China
The city is expected to house up to 30,000 people and absorb approximately 10,000 tons of carbon dioxide, 57 tons of pollutants and produce about 900 tons of oxygen per year as a result of the abundance of trees and plants growing there. The city, designed by architect Stefano Boeri, is under construction in Liuzhou, Guangxi province in China.
- A new summer variety of _________ has been developed by agro-scientists of the UGC-affiliated Chandra Shekhar Azad Agriculture Technology University (CSA) at Kanpur in Uttar Pradesh.
5.BrinjalAnswer – 3.Groundnut
The summer variety of the groundnut crop is disease-free as pests cannot attack the crop because of high temperature in the atmosphere. CSA scientist Jitendra Singh said, the summer variety of groundnut could be sown in Kanpur, Fatehpur, Allahabad and Kaushambi areas which are known as the potato belt.
- On June 28, 2017, Union Cabinet approved signing of a Memorandum of Cooperation between India and the United States of America on:
1.Exploration of Crude Oil in Arabian Sea
2.Research for Development of Vaccine against Zika Virus
5.Research in Outer SpaceAnswer – 4.Homeland Security
This Memorandum of Cooperation between India and the United States of America on Homeland Security will strengthen bilateral security relations between India and the USA and will also help in coordination and interactions among the six Sub-Groups that are proposed to be formed under Homeland Security Dialogue between the two countries.
- Who among the following is the only Indian badminton player to figure in the top-10 of latest World Badminton Rankings for men’s singles category?
5.HS PrannoyAnswer – 3.Kidambi Srikanth
Riding on his back-to-back Super Series triumphs, India’s top badminton player Kidambi Srikanth broke back into the top-10 at eighth in the latest World Badminton Rankings released on June 29, 2017. By winning successive titles at Indonesian Open and Australian Open, Kidambi Srikanth now has 58,583 points in his kitty.
- Sabita Chowdhury, who passed away on June 29, 2017, was an eminent:
5.Fashion DesignerAnswer – 3.Singe
Sabit Chowdhury did playback for a number of Bengali and Hindi films. Her famous songs are “Oi jhilmil jhauer boney”, “Jaare jaa jaa mono paakhi”, “Jhilmil jhilmil opaarero monjil” and “Du chokhey aashaar nodi chhalachhal”.
- June 29, is celebrated as ‘National Statistics Day’ in Indiato mark the birth anniversary of:
2.Prof. Prasanta Chandra Mahalanobis
4.C V Raman
5.S RamanujanAnswer – 2.Prof. Prasanta Chandra Mahalanobis
June 29, is celebrated as National Statistics Day in India to mark the birth anniversary of Prof. Prasanta Chandra Mahalanobis, a renowned and eminent statistician. National Statistic Day is celebrated to acknowledge the outstanding contributions made by Prof. P.C. Mahalanobis in the fields of economic planning and statistical development.
- ‘International Day of the Tropics’ is observed on which date every year?
5.30th JuneAnswer – 4.29th June
United Nations General Assembly adopted resolution on 14 June 2016, which declared that 29 June of each year is to be observed as the International Day of the Tropics. The international Day of the Tropics was designated to raise awareness to the specific challenges faced by tropical areas, the far-reaching implications of the issues affecting the world’s tropical zone and the need, at all levels, to raise awareness and to underline the important role that countries in the tropics will play in achieving the Sustainable Development Goals.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.