AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs June 28 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- On June 27,2018, which ministry has prepared a Higher Education Commission of India (Repeal of University Grants Commission Act) Bill 2018 which seeks to repeal UGC Act and provides for setting up of Higher Education Commission of India?
1.Union Ministry of Home Affairs
2.Union Ministry of Human Resource Development
3.Union Ministry of Science and Technology
4.Union Ministry of Skill Development And Entrepreneurship
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Union Ministry of Human Resource Development
It is an initiative of the central government to reform the regulatory agencies for better administration of the higher education sector. Along the lines of this launch several reform measures have already been launched viz, reform of NAAC, Regulation for grant of Graded Autonomy to Universities, granting of Autonomous status to colleges, the Regulation for Open Distance Learning, Regulation for Online degrees etc. Less Government and more Governance, Separation of grant functions, End of Inspection Raj, Focus on academic quality, Powers to enforce.
- Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh has approved the institution of “Home Minister’s Special Operation Medal”. The “Home Minister’s Special Operation Medal” will be awarded on ____ every year?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.August 15
Police Officers of States & Union Territories, Central Police Organisations (CPOs), Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs) and Security Organisation involved in Special Operations are eligible for this medal. Rajnath Singh has also instituted 3 more Medals namely:
• Antarik Suraksha Medal
• Asadharan Aashuchan Padak
• Utkrisht & Ati-Utkrisht Seva Medal
The Medals will be presented annually. HM’s Special Operation Medal and Asadharan Aashuchan Padak will be awarded on 15th August (Independence Day). Antarik Suraksha Medal and Utkrisht & Ati-Utkrisht Seva Medal will be announced on 26th January (Republic Day).
- On June 28, 2018, Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare of India ____ met Mr. Suhrob Kholmuradov, Deputy Prime Minister, Uzbekistan and Chairman of the State Investment Committee in Krishi Bhawan, New Delhi to strengthen bilateral cooperation inagriculture and allied sectors?
1.Radha Mohan Singh
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Radha Mohan Singh
India will partner with Uzbekistan in providing training and sharing expertise in skill development, effective and optimum use of water for dry lands, integrated farming systems, mechanization and farm machinery. India can provide training to Uzbekistan for the development of Green House with the help of Centre of Excellence (CoE). A revised draft agreement on cooperation in the field of Plant Quarantine as proposed by Uzbekistan is under active consideration. Both parties will promote interaction among government agricultural institutions, experts, scientists and agro business and would work in the area of animal husbandry and India is willing to assist in setting up food processing industries in Uzbekistan.
- On June 27, 2018, The 222nd meeting of the Central Board of Trustees, EPFO was held under the chairmanship of Union Minister of State for Labour & Employment (Independent Charge) Shri Santosh Kumar Gangwar in ____?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.New Delhi
The Central Board approved the proposal for insertion of Paragraph 68HH in EPF Scheme, 1952 provisioning advance from the fund to a member who ceases to be in employment for a continuous period not less than one month. Under this proposal a member can avail 75% of the total fund (including employee as well as employer share) standing to the member’s credit with interest thereon. The Board took note of the Investment of Rs 47,431.24 crore in Exchange Traded Funds (SBI MF, UTI MF, CPSE, Bharat 22) and notional return on ETF investments which stood at 16.07% for the period from August 2015 to 31st May 2018. It approved the proposal to continue SBI Mutual Fund and UTI Mutual Fund as ETF manufacturer for investment in ETF by EPFO for tenure of one year i.e. till 30/06/2019.
- On June 27, 2018, Shri J P Nadda, Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare inaugurated the NIMHANS Digital Academy and addressed the first batch of professionals enrolled for undergoing courses in the fields of Psychiatry and Psychiatric Social Work in which city?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.New Delhi
The training modules and curricula for various training programmes were also released. This will enhance the skill and potential of healthcare professionals and also serve the purpose of mental healthcare needs. Especially with the passing of the Mental Healthcare Act, 2017 brings forth a stronger and more robust legal scaffold and humane and patient-centric rights based approach for mental healthcare in our country.
- On June 28, 2018, which ministry organized a day-long Seminar on Technology Partnerships for Steering POSHAN Abhiyaan called ‘TECH-THON’ for POSHAN Abhiyaan – PM’s Overarching Scheme for Holistic Nourishment at Pravasi Bharatiya Kendra in New Delhi?
1.Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
2.Ministry of Women and Child Development
3.Ministry of Home Affairs
4.Ministry of External Affairs
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Ministry of Women and Child Development
The WCD Minister Smt Maneka Sanjay Gandhi and Minister of State for WCD, Dr.Virendra Kumar was present in the Seminar. The seminar was inaugurated by Vice Chairman, NITI Aayog. Secretaries of convergent Central Ministries , Secretaries of State WCD/Social Justice Department, Director in-charge of ICDS/POSHAN Abhiyaan and nodal officer of the States/UTs were also present in the daylong seminar. Multilateral partner institutions like UNICEF, World Bank, WHO, WFP etc, the partners of MWCD – Tata Trust, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) etc, Philanthropic Private Sectors (viz CSR) and Civil Society Organizations were also present.
- On June 28, 2018, NITI Aayog’s Women Entrepreneurs Platform (WEP) signed how many Statement of Intent (SoIs) with Shri Mahila Sewa Sahakari Bank Limited, Indiabulls Housing Finance Limited, SREI Infrastructure Finance Limited, Sreemanta Sankar Mission and the Self Employed Women’s Association (SEWA)?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.5
The SoIs signed with financial institutions such as the Shri Mahila Sewa Sahakari Bank, Indiabulls Housing Finance and SREI Infrastructure Finance shall be housed under the WEP-Finance vertical and will provide financial assistance to women entrepreneurs through WEP. And those signed with the Sreemanta Sankar Mission of Guwahati to empower established as well as aspiring women entrepreneurs in North East India through WEP North East Chapter. The SoI with the Self Employed Women’s Association (SEWA), a trade union and as an organization of poor, self-employed women workers, includes commitments to mobilize women entrepreneurs in rural areas and promote them in Livelihood Entrepreneurship.
- On June 28, 2018, The Tamil Nadu government released _____ which is a community based ecotourism policy?
1.Ecotourism Policy 2017
2.Tamil Nadu Tourism Policy 2017
3.Green Tourism Policy 2017
4.Community Tourism Policy 2017
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Ecotourism Policy 2017
The ecotourism sites will be identified and will have specific ecotourism product associated with it in their uniqueness and value in terms of aesthetic, natural, cultural and landscape characteristics. The initiatives will include hiking, trekking, wildlife sighting, bird watching trails, boating, photography, visit to medicinal plants conservation area, craft making, local handicraft, promoting local festivals, and adventure sports.
- On 28th June 2018, Military Engineer Services (MES) launched its newly designed website. Name the Engineer-in-Chief of Military Engineer Services (MES)?
3.S Narendra Prabhu
4.Vivek Kumar Singh
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.SK Shrivastava
The website was launched by Defence Secretary Sanjay Mitra. The website is bilingual. It was developed to benefit 3500 officers and nearly 1.2 Lacs subordinate staff of MES. Policies and advisories associated with Recruitment, Promotions, Postings and other personnel matters of MES civilian employees can be accessed using the Website. The website has been made more user friendly. It is line with the GIGW (Guidelines For Indian Government Websites) guidelines. Online Registration of Contractors, approved list of contractors and consultants, product approvals and enlistment procedures are also available in the website.
- Name the President of the Republic of Seychelles who has visited India recently?
1.Julius Mada Bio
3.Danny Antoine Rollen Faure
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Danny Antoine Rollen Faure
On June 26,2018, The President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind, received His Excellency Mr Danny Antoine Rollen Faure, the President of the Republic of Seychelles, at Rashtrapati Bhavan, New Delhi. He also hosted a banquet in his honour.
- On June 26,2018, how many MOUs were signed between various dignitaries of India and the Republic of Seychelles?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.6
S. No. MoU/Agreement Indian side Seychelles signatory 1 MOU between the Government of the Republic of India and the Government of the Republic of Seychelles regarding Indian Grant Assistance for Implementation of Small Development Projects through Local Bodies, Educational and Vocational Institutions Shri M.J. Akbar, Minister of State for External Affairs Ms. Pamela Charlette, Minister for Habitat Infrastructure and Land Transport 2 Twinning Agreement on the Establishment of Friendship and Cooperation between the Corporation of the City of Panaji (Municipal Corporation) and the City of Victoria of the Republic of Seychelles Shri M.J. Akbar, Minister of State for External Affairs Ms. Pamela Charlette, Minister for Habitat Infrastructure and Land Transport 3 MOU between the Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-in), Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Republic of India and the Department of Information Communications Technology of the Republic of Seychelles on Cooperation in the area of Cyber Security Shri M.J. Akbar, Minister of State for External Affairs Mr. Charles Bastienne, Minister for Fisheries and Agriculture 4 Cultural Exchange Programme between the Government of the Republic of India and the Government of the Republic of Seychelles for the years 2018-2022 Shri M.J. Akbar, Minister of State for External Affairs Ms. Pamela Charlette, Minister for Habitat Infrastructure and Land Transport 5 Technical Agreement on Sharing White Shipping Information between the Indian Navy and the National Information Sharing and Coordination Center of the Republic of Seychelles Shri M.J. Akbar, Minister of State for External Affairs Mr. Charles Bastienne, Minister for Fisheries and Agriculture 6 MOU between the Foreign Service Institute of the Ministry of External Affairs of the Republic of India and theDepartment of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Seychelles Shri J.S. Mukul, Dean, Foreign Service Institute Amb. Barry Faure, Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs
- On June 26,2018, Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Seychelles President Danny Faure agreed to work on the _____ project in the Indian Ocean as a naval base to expand its footprint?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Assumption Island
On June 26,2018, Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Seychelles President Danny Faure agreed to work on the Assumption Island project in the Indian Ocean as a naval base to expand its footprint. An agreement to develop the island was inked in 2015 between India and Seychelles. This was earlier cancelled by Seychelles due to internal conflicts.
- On 26th June 2018, India announced that, it will raise the fund from $12 million to _____ the Global Environment Facility (GEF)’s new four-year investment cycle called GEF-7?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.$15 million
This announcement was made by India’s representative to GEF Council Aparna Subramani at a GEF meeting in Vietnam. The GEF council meeting is held from June 24 to June 28, 2018. Aparna Subramani also represents India in the World Bank. She represents Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Nepal and Sri Lanka, apart from India in the GEF Council. GEF was formed in 1992 during the Rio Earth Summit to manage serious environmental problems.
- India has pledged _____ in assistance to the United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA) working for the welfare of Palestinian refugees?
1.USD 10 million
2.USD 5 million
3.USD 15 million
4.USD 20 million
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.USD 5 million
This move has been made by India to manage the severe funding crisis faced by UNRWA after US reduced its annual funding to UNRWA. In January 2018, US said that it would withhold USD 65 million of USD 125 million it had planned to offer to UNRWA. US has been a major contributor to UNRWA. 20 countries, including India, announced contributions to the 2018 budget of the United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA) for Palestine Refugees in the Near East at a meeting. In March 2018, India announced that it will raise its annual contribution to UNRWA from USD 1.5 million to USD 5 million from 2018-19 for a period of 3 years.
- According to the 2018 Cost of Living Survey published by Mercer, which city continues to be the most expensive city in India to live in for expatriates. It has secured rank 55 globally and has surpassed Washington and Melbourne?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Mumbai
Mumbai has surpassed Washington ranked at 56, Melbourne ranked at 58, Frankfurt at 68, Buenos Aires at 76, Stockholm at 89 and Atlanta at 95. Mumbai is expensive for expatriates due to the rise in prices of food items like meat, butter, and poultry. Other Indian cities listed in the survey are:
• Delhi – 103
• Chennai – 144
• Bengaluru – 170
• Kolkata – 182
Hong Kong has been ranked as the world’s costliest city for expatriates. It is followed by Tokyo, Zurich, Singapore, and Seoul.
- On June 28, 2018, the navies of India and which country participated in Passage Exercise (PASSEX)?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Indonesia
On June 28, 2018, The navies of India and Indonesia participated in Passage Exercise (PASSEX). This exercise was decided during Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to Indonesia on May 29,2018 for enhancing maritime cooperation. From the Indian side , Indian Naval ships INS Shakti and INS Kamorta under the command of Rear Admiral Dinesh K Tripathi, Flag Officer Commanding Eastern Fleet participated in the event. From the Indonesian side, Indonesian Naval Ship KRI Madidihang (855) a Stingrays Class Fast Patrol Craft participated in the event.
- On June 28, 2018, India has emerged as one of the top 10 countries to have registered maximum improvement in transparency in real estate overlast two years as per JLL’s Global Real Estate Transparency Index (GRETI) 2018. What is the rank of India in the list?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.35
India has moved up by five places to 35 since 2014 out of 100 countries that are mapped to over 180 parameters. It ranked 36th in 2016. Initiatives like implementation of Real Estate (Regulation & Development) Act, 2016, land title insurance, the Benami Transactions (Prohibition) Amendment Act, aligning the sector with the Goods & Services Tax, demonetization, opening up of Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) are prompting improvement in the country. Other factor effecting the positive change are : Improved market fundamentals, policy reforms, liberalisation of FDI into realty sector and retail, strengthening of information in public domain, digitisation of property records and assigning “industry status” to affordable housing.
- On June 28, 2018, which country was placed in the ‘grey list’ of Financial Action Task Force?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Pakistan
Despite submitting a 26-point action plan Pakistan was placed in the grey list for failing to curb anti-terror financing. It will stay on the list for a year or so. The process began in February 2018 when FATF approved the nomination of Pakistan for monitoring under its International Cooperation Review Group (ICRG) commonly known as ‘grey List’. Earlier Pakistan remained on the FATF grey list from 2012 to 2015.
- On June 28, 2018, French utility EDF and General Electric have signed a pact to jointly build six reactors for nuclear power plant at Jaitapur in which Indian state?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Maharashtra
The 9,900 megawatt (mw) plant at Jaitapur is being built by State run-Nuclear Power Corporation of India. This will be the world’s largest nucler power unit . The plant will have six nuclear reactors of capacity 1,650 mw each. GE Power will design the conventional island for the Jaitapur plant and supply its main components. It will also provide operational support services and a training programme to as per the requirements of NPCIL .
- Daikin Industries Ltd has appointed its India operations MD & CEO ____ into the board of the parent company?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Kanwaljeet Jawa
Kanwaljeet Jawa will be the first Indian on the Daikin Industries board. He will be a part of the 10 member board council. Kanwaljeet Jawa joined Daikin India in 2010 as the COO. He was then promoted as the MD & CEO of the Company.
- Who would replace Rajiv Kumar as the Chief Secretary of Uttar Pradesh?
1.Anoop Kumar Pandey
4.Abdul Rahman Karimullah
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Anoop Kumar Pandey
Anoop Kumar Pandey is a 1984-batch Indian Administrative Services (IAS) officer. He will replace Rajiv Kumar as the Chief Secretary of Uttar Pradesh. Rajiv Kumar will retire on 30th June 2018. At present Anoop Kumar Pandey is the Industrial and Infrastructure Development Commissioner (IIDC) in Uttar Pradesh. Rajiv Kumar was appointed as chief secretary of Uttar Pradesh in June 2017. Earlier he was the Secretary in Shipping Ministry. He had also served as the divisional commissioner of Saharanpur and Meerut in Uttar Pradesh and also in the industrial development department.
- SBI managing director ____ has resigned as SBI MD after his appointment as chief executive of IDBI Bank?
4.Mahesh Kumar Jain
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.B Sriram
B Sriram was appointed as managing director and CEO of IDBI Bank for a temporary period of 3 months, recently. He has submitted his resignation from the board of SBI. His resignation has been forwarded to Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC). ACC will take the final decision on this. B Sriram assumed charge as MD and CEO of IDBI Bank on 22nd June 2018 after M K Jain left the bank to serve as Deputy Governor of RBI. LIC is trying to enter the banking sector by acquiring majority stake in IDBI Bank. IDBI Bank would become a private sector bank if the government’s share reduces below 50%.
- JPMorgan has promoted ____ , CEO and MD, JPMorgan Chase Bank in India, as the head of corporate banking in South and South East Asia?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Madhav Kalyan
Madhav Kalyan will hold this position in addition to his existing responsibilities as head of corporate banking in India. JPMorgan’s corporate banking heads in Malaysia, Thailand, the Philippines, Indonesia, Vietnam, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka will report to Madhav Kalyan. JP Morgan has promoted P D Singh as the head of the team, which serves local corporate clients. Rohit Khatri will head the MNC (Multinational) clients’ division. Guhaprasath Rajagopal will head treasury services.
- On June 28, 2018, which bank fully acquired Mumbai-based financial product distribution firm Swadhaar FinServe Pvt Ltd from their earlier holding of 60.49%?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.RBL Bank
It started operations as a non-banking finance company in 2008 and subsequently converted into a NBFC-MFI. It became a business correspondent for RBL Bank in 2014 and transferred its micro credit portfolio to the bank. It then surrendered the NBFC license in 2015. It holds responsibility for sourcing clients, evaluating credit worthiness and monitoring repayments for RBL, leveraging the bank’s balance sheet and infrastructure.
- On 28th June 2018, which entity signed an agreement to acquire Marine Infrastructure Developer Private Limited (MIDPL) for Rs 1,950 crore?
1.Mazagon Dock Limited (MDL)
2.Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone Limited (APSEZ)
3.Kolkata Ship Builders
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone Limited (APSEZ)
APSEZ is India’s largest port developer and a part of Adani Group. Out of the Rs 1,950 crore, APSEZ will pay Rs 1,562 crore for settlement of dues of MIDPL. The company has signed share purchase agreement on 27th June 2018, between Larsen and Toubro, MIDPL, L&T Shipbuilding Limited and Adani Kattupalli Port Private Limited to acquire 97 % stake of MIDPL. MIDPL is involved in construction, maintenance, development and operation of Kattupalli Port. The acquisition would be completed in a week. Tamil Nadu government had granted approval for the transaction based on an order dated 29th February 2016. MIDPL was established in 2016.
- Four students from department of aerospace engineering in Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science near Chennai have designed the world’s lightest satellite named ____ that weighs only 33.39 grams?
2.Jai Hind 1-S
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Jai Hind 1-S
Jai Hind 1-S will be put into space in August 2018 from at the Colorado Space Grant Consortium, NASA, United States. Jaihind-1S is an experimental satellite. It might also be the cheapest satellite. It has been built with a very low budget of Rs 15,000. The students were selected through “Cubes in Space” competition organised by Colorado Space Grant Consortium, NASA and idoodle-learning in January 2018. The satellite has been made by 3D printed PLA Nylon. It has been designed to conduct three experiments.
- On 28th June 2018, Surinder Singla passed away after suffering from breathlessness at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in New Delhi. He was a former finance minister of which state?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Punjab
Surinder Singla was 78 years old. He hailed from Samana town in Patiala, Punjab. He was a senior state Congress leader. He was a former Rajya Sabha member from Punjab. He had also served as Punjab’s finance minister.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- What is the tag line of Bank of Maharashtra?One Family one bank
- Name the MD and CEO and headquarters of Ratnakar Bank Limiter (RBL Bank)?Headquarters: Mumbai; MD & CEO: Vishwavir Ahuja
- Name the CEO and chairperson of the Global Environment Facility (GEF)?Naoko Ishii
- Which state houses the Manjalar Dam?Tamil Nadu
- Where is National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences located?Bengaluru