AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz June 28 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Who among the following has taken over as President of the International Economic Association (IEA)?
5.Ashish JayramAnswer – 1.Kaushik Basu
The Finance Ministry’s former Chief Economic Advisor Kaushik Basu has taken over as President of the International Economic Association (IEA). The IEA is a leading organisation for professional economists and it seeks to shape global economic policy and research.
- Which among the following will become the first state in India to have a blood bank for the cattle?
5.MaharashtraAnswer – 3.Odisha
The first of its kind blood bank would be established on the premises of Odisha University of Agriculture and Technology (OUAT) at an estimated cost of Rs. 3.25 crore. The project will have a 60:40 sharing between the Centre and the state government.
- Election Commission of India has collaborated with ______to launch a ‘voter registration reminder’ on July 1, 2017.
5.AmazonAnswer – 1.Facebook
A notification of the ‘voter registration reminder’ will be sent on Facebook on July 1 to people who are eligible to vote. The reminder will be sent out in 13 languages – English, Hindi, Gujarati, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Kannada, Punjabi, Bengali, Urdu, Assamese, Marathi and Oriya
- On June 24, 2017, India and ____________ announced a four million Euros joint fund to bolster research in science and technology.
5.UKAnswer – 4.Portugal
On June 24, 2017, India and Portugal announced a four million Euros joint fund to bolster research in science and technology. While addressing the media in Portugal, PM Modi mentioned that India is looking forward to engaging with Portugal in the Atlantic International Research Centre, both in the Space and Ocean Science fields.
- As per India-US Joint Statement titled ____________________, both countries have resolved to expand and deepen the strategic partnership between the countries and advance common objectives.
1.Prosperity Through Partnership
2.Together for Sustainable Growth
3.Hand in Hand Towards a Prosperous Global Order
4.Moving Towards a Mutually Beneficial Era
5.Joint Efforts to Enhance CooperationAnswer – 1.Prosperity Through Partnership
As per India-US Joint Statement titled “Prosperity Through Partnership” Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi and US President Donald Trump have agreed that a close partnership between the United States and India is necessary to peace and stability in the Indo-Pacific Region.
- Mark Rutte is the current Prime Minister of which country?
On June 27, 2017, Prime Minister Narendra Modi was on an official visit to the Netherlands and held talks with Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte. The Netherlands has backed India’s early entry into the Nuclear Suppliers Group (NSG) and other multilateral export control regimes and supported India’s bid for a permanent UN Security Council seat.
- India has ranked _________ among 128 countries on 2017 Social Progress Index report launched on June 21, 2017 by Social progress Imperative (SPI)
5.108thAnswer – 2.93rd
India has ranked 93rd among 128 countries on 2017 Social Progress Index report launched on June 21, 2017 by Social progress Imperative (SPI) with support from Deloitte and its strategic partners. India at 93rd position outperforms when compared with countries having similar GDP per capita in providing water and electricity facilities.
- Which city has been has been named as ‘the World Book Capital’ for 2019 by UNESCO?
5.WarsawAnswer – 3.Sharjah
Sharjah has been chosen for the quality of its literary and cultural activities, and for its unfailing efforts to make books accessible to the entire population of the nation. Sharjah is the 19th city to become World Book Capital.
- India has signed a Loan Agreement of USD 35 Million with which international financial organisation for Assam State Public Financial Institutional Reforms Project?
1.International Monetary Fund
2.New Development Bank
3.Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank
5.Asian Development BankAnswer – 4.World Bank
An agreement for IBRD Credit of USD 35 Million from World Bank for Assam State Public Financial Institutional Reforms Project was signed on 28th of June at New Delhi. The programme size is USD 44 million, of which USD 35 million will be financed by the Bank, and the remaining amount will be funded out of State Budget.
- World’s first ATM was set up by which entity?
5.J P MorganAnswer – 1.Barclays
The first ATM was presented by Barclays at their Enfield branch in north London on Jun 27, 1967.The first ATM turned 50 years old on 28th of June. The original cash machine was the brainchild of John Shepherd-Barron, who was commissioned by the bank to create six cash dispensers.
- Headquarters of Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) is located in:
5.KanpurAnswer – 2.New Delhi
In a bid to ensure authenticity of organic food, Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) has come out with a draft regulation for organic food products. Organic food products are either those grown under a system of agriculture without the use of chemical fertilisers and pesticides or made from organically produced raw materials.
- On June 26, 2017, India’s drug price regulator, National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority(NPPA) announced provisional ceiling prices for how many medicines?
5.961Answer – 3.761
On June 26, 2017, India’s drug price regulator, National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority (NPPA) announced provisional ceiling prices for 761 medicines, including HIV, diabetes, anti-cancer and antibiotic. Prices for a majority of drug are being reduced as the GST regime is nearing its implementation deadline of July 1, 2017.
- Michael Nyqvist, who passed away on June 27, 2017, was a:
5.Swedish PhysicistAnswer – 1.Swedish Actor
Michael Nyqvist worked for Swedish Dragon Tattoo trilogy, which included The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Girl Who Played with Fire, and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest. He later appeared in Hollywood action thrillers such as John Wick and Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol.
- Which Indian state was conferred the award of excellence at the 2nd Global Skill Development Summit held in Paris on June 23, 2017?
5.Himachal PradeshAnswer – 4.Uttarakhand
Uttarakhand has been awarded for innovations and extensive use of IT for skilling the state’s youth. Project Director of Uttarakhand Skill Development Committee Pankaj Kumar Pandey received the honour on behalf of the state.
- Rajesh V. Shah has been appointed as Chairperson on the Board of Governors of:
1.Staff Selection Commission
2.National Institute of Fashion Technology
3.Union Public Service Commission
4.Film and Television Institute of India
5.Children’s Film SocietyAnswer – 2.National Institute of Fashion Technology
The Union Government (M/o Textiles) has appointed Shri Rajesh V. Shah as Chairperson on the Board of Governors of the National Institute of Fashion Technology up to 31.03.2019 in place of Shri Chetan Chauhan as per the provisions of the National Institute of Fashion Technology Act, 2006.
- Which Tennis player has won won ninth Halle Open title?
5.Stan WawrinkaAnswer – 4.Roger Federer
On June 25, 2017, Roger Federer won ninth Halle Open title by defeating Alexander Zverev in the final match played at Halle, Germany. Halle open, played on the grass court, is part of the ATP World Tour 500 series on the ATP Tour.
- India’s group stage matches in the upcoming FIFA U-17 World Cup are set to be shifted from Mumbai to:
5.KochiAnswer – 3.Delhi
All India Football Federation (AIFF) initially wanted Mumbai to host all of India’s matches in the group stage of the tournament. Since then, the central Sports Ministry had demanded for the matches to be shifted to Delhi citing the need for the national capital to be hosting India’s matches.
- Board of Control for Cricket in India(BCCI) announced the formation of a special seven-member committee to analyse the few contentious Lodha panel reforms which are being opposed by the Board’s state units. Who is the head of this committee?
5.Anil KumbleAnswer – 2.Rajeev Shukla
The committee will be headed by Indian Premier League (IPL) chairman Rajeev Shukla, with BCCI acting secretary Amitabh Chaudhary as its convener. Other members include former India captain and member of BCCI Cricket Advisory Committee (CAC), Sourav Ganguly, Naba Bhattacharjee, TC Mathew, Jay Shah and Anirudh Chaudhary.
- O N Dhar, who passed away on June 28, 2017, was a former:
1.Chief Justice of India
2.Chief Election Commissioner of India
4.Attorney General of India
5.Head of ISROAnswer – 3.Bureaucrat
O N Dhar, a former bureaucrat who served as an adviser to Sheikh Abdullah and other former Chief Ministers of Jammu and Kashmir, passed away on 28th of June at the age of 91.
- Which Bollywood actress has been named as ambassador of the Indian Film Festival of Melbourne (IFFM)?
5.Alia BhattAnswer – 4.Vidya Balan
The Indian Film Festival of Melbourne (IFFM), which is supported by the Victorian Government, will run from August 10 to August 22 this year. This year the theme is diversity. Over 60 films from India will be screened at the event.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.