AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs June 27 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- On June 27, 2018, The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved signing of the MoU titled Joint Declaration of Intent between India and Germany on Cooperation in the field of _____?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Civil Aviation
This will lead to promotion of safe, effective and efficient development of air transport between India and Germany. It has the potential to spur greater trade, investment, tourism, and cultural exchanges between the two countries. This MOU will focus on the following areas: Aviation Safety and Air Traffic Management, Heliports and Helicopter Emergency Medical Services (HEMS), Regulations and Policy, Corporate and Business Aviation Development, Environment & Training and Skills Development.
- On June 27, 2018, The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has been apprised of the MoU between India and Indonesia on Technical Cooperation in which field?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Railways
On June 27, 2018, The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has been apprised of theMemorandum of Understanding (MoU)between India and Indonesia on Technical Cooperation in the field of railways sector.The MoU was signed on 29thMay, 2018. The MOU will focus on : Exchange of knowledge & technology, Modernization of rolling stock and railway operation, management and regulations, Development of inter-modal transport, logistics parks and freight terminals.
- On June 27, 2018, The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the signing of a MoU between India and Bahrain on cooperation in which of the following field?
3.Oil and Gas
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Healthcare
On June 27, 2018, The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Bahrain on cooperation in the field of Healthcare. A Working Group will be set up to further elaborate the details of cooperation and to oversee the implementation of this MoU. The MOU will focus on: Exchange of information including publications and research outcomes, Exchanging visits by governmental officials, academic staff etc, Participating in workshops and training courses, Encouraging health and medical research activities at both the private-sector and the academic level and further mutual cooperation needed.
- On June 27, 2018, The government approved capital infusion of Rs 2,000 crore in ECGC. What does “G” represent in ECGC?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Guarantee
ECGC = Export Credit Guarantee Corporation
On June 27, 2018, The government approved capital infusion of Rs 2,000 crore in Export Credit Guarantee Corporation (ECGC). The decision was taken in the meeting of cabinet committee on economic affairs (CCEA), headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The amount would be infused in the three financial years i.e. Rs.50 crore in 2017-18, Rs.1450 crore in the year 2018-19 and Rs.500 crore for 2019-20. More than 85 per cent of customers benefited by ECGC’s covers are MSMEs.
- On June 25,2018, the Chief Minister of which state released Rs.15 crore for organizing Bonalu Festival?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Telangana
On June 25,2018, Telangana Chief Minister K. Chandrashekhar Rao released Rs.15 crore for organizing Bonalu Festival. This will be celebrated as a state festival. A special meeting with the people’s representatives of the twin cities of Hyderabad and Secunderabad will be organized.
- On June 26,2018, Union Minister for Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER) Jitendra Singh announced that centre has released _____ to Assam for flood relief?
1.Rs 340 crore
2.Rs 530 crore
3.Rs 455 crore
4.Rs 890 crore
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Rs 340 crore
On June 26,2018, Union Minister for Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER) Jitendra Singh announced that centre has released Rs 340 crore to Assam . Out of Rs.340 crore, Rs 101 crore was released by the DoNER and Rs 239 crore was given by the home ministry under the State Disaster Relief Fund (SDRF) account. This relief is to help with flood-related issues, including relief, rehabilitation and repair works of damaged infrastructure.
- On June 26,2018, In the upcoming Kumbh Mela 2019 in which city, the National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) in its 13th Executive Committee meeting approved two projects for community toilets and procurement of dustbins at an estimated cost of Rs. 113 crore and Rs. 3.6 crore respectively?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Allahabad
The first project includes setting up of 27,500 community FRP toilets (with septic tank) and pre-fabricated toilets (with septic tanks). Besides this,20,000 community FRP urinals will also be set up during the Kumbh Mela. The second project is deployment of 16000 dustbins for solid waste management with installation of lining bags in dustbins. Gathering for Kumbh Mela will take place on the banks of river Ganga for a period of 60-90 days with close to 10 lakh pilgrims stationed in the camps.
- External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj launched a Passport Seva app for seamless application and issue of passports on the occasion of Passport Seva Diwas on ____?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.June 26
Along with the launch she highlighted that new passport centres are now functional in separate Northeast regions of the country as opposed to a single centre in Guwahati. In the first 2 phases 251 passports registration centres were announced out of which 212 centres are already established. In the third phase 38 additional centres were announced out of which two centres have been operationalized. The 260 working passport centres will be expanded to all Lok Sabha constituencies.
- On June 26,2018, The Himachal Pradesh cabinet announced increment of the honorarium of ASHA workers of the health department from Rs 1,000 to ____?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Rs 1,250
On June 26,2018, The Himachal Pradesh cabinet announced increment of the honorarium of ASHA workers of the health department from Rs 1,000 to Rs 1,250. The meeting was held under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur. This will benefit 7,829 ASHA workers in the state. It was also decided to open a Government Model ITI at Sansarpur Tarrace in Kangra district along-with creation of requisite staff to manage the institute. Approval to open a Regional Horticulture and Forestry Development and Extension Centre at Thunagand Jhanjehli in Mandi district was also given.
- On June 26,2018, Andhra Pradesh entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with which country to accelerate the construction work of its new capital, Amratvati?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Singapore
The MOU has been signed between AP Real Estate Regulatory Authority and Building (APRERA) and Construction Authority of Singapore in the presence of Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu and Singapore’s Minister for Social and Family Development Desmond Lee. The MOU will promote and create a safe, high quality, environment-friendly built environment in Andhra Pradesh. This will focus on Green Building Roadmaps and Green Mark Certification. The construction City of Amravati will be created as a hub for manufacturing of construction materials, designing, construction academies and trade.
- On June 26, 2018, the 6 MW Shaikangchu small hydro electric project was inaugurated at Gongkhar village of which state?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Arunachal Pradesh
It is considered to be the biggest project undertaken by the department of hydropower in the state. It has 14 hydel stations with total installed capacity of 11.41 MW developed by hydropower department of the state. It will supply electricity to 27 villages around Mukto circle and the surplus power will be supplied to Tawang headquarters.
- On June 27, 2018, which edition of World’s largest multilateral naval exercise Rim of the Pacific (RIMPAC) began off Hawaii in the western Pacific Ocean from June 27 to August 2,2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.26th
On June 27, 2018, 26th edition World’s largest multilateral naval exercise Rim of the Pacific (RIMPAC) began off Hawaii in the western Pacific Ocean from June 27 to August 2,2018. This will be a 2 month long exercise and 26 countries are participating in it including India. About 25000 personnel and 52 ships will take part. From India’s part , INS Sahyadri will take part in it . It will be commanded by Captain Shantanu Jha and it is a indigenously built guided missile stealth frigate of the Eastern Fleet under Eastern Naval Command.
- On June 27, 2018, The Export-Import Bank of India (Exim Bank) announced that it has extended _____ worth of line of credit (LOC) to Seychelles?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.$10 million
On June 27, 2018, The Export-Import Bank of India (Exim Bank) announced that it has extended $10 million worth of line of credit (LOC) toSeychelles. This is for healthcare and procurement of goods and projects. It is the first tranche of the $50 million sanctioned by the Exim Bank to the country. With this agreement for $10 million, Exim Bank, till date, has extended two LOCs to Seychelles, taking the total value to $28 million.
- On 27th June 2018, Aye Finance announced the launch of an android-based loan application workflow for its fleet executives. Name the Founder and MD of Aye Finance?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Sanjay Sharma
The android-based loan application solution to expedite MSME lending will help in faster delivery for micro businesses. Aye Finance has equipped its 1000+ field staff with an android based loan application workflow that works on the cloud infrastructure enabling low cost operations that helps the inclusion of a larger number of grassroots businesses in organized lending. This platform integrates the entire loan process including customer enrolment, underwriting, monitoring and disbursal, improved accuracy and turnaround times.
- On June 26,2018, who was crowned as the first Tribal Queen at the Adi Rani Kalinga Tribal Queen competition held at Utkal Mandap in Odisha?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Pallavi Durua
On June 26,2018, Pallavi Durua, of Odisha’s Koraput district, was crowned as the first Tribal Queen at the Adi Rani Kalinga Tribal Queen competition held at Utkal Mandap in Odisha. Panchami Majhi of Titlagarh and Rashmirekha Hansdah of Mayurbhanj were declared as the first and second runners-up of the beauty pageant respectively. After the pageant the trio will now feature in a short movie on tribal culture, to be produced by a Mumbai-based producer.
- On 8th June 2018, _____ was awarded a special recognition award for their community development initiative in India called ‘Seed of Hope’, at the 13th National Convention 2018 at Shangri-La, Bengaluru?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.TechnipFMC
The 13th National Convention 2018 was conducted by Global Compact Network India (GCNI). More than 65 entities from private sector, public sector, NGOs and academic institutes took part in the Case Study Competition to exhibit Innovative Practices on Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). TechnipFMC has been adjudged by the jury as a responsible corporate citizen in private sector for their integrated village development project at Suva Village in Dahej, Gujarat under the Seed of Hope program. Seed of Hope is the flagship CSR program of TechnipFMC.
- On 26th June 2018, who was awarded the ‘Rajarshi Shahu Puraskar’ at an event in Kolhapur, Maharashtra?
3.H L Dutta
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Pushpa Bhave
The function was organised on 26th June 2018 on the occasion of the birth anniversary of Rajarshi Shahu, a former ruler of the erstwhile princely state of Kolhapur. The ‘Rajarshi Shahu Puraskar’ award is given in the memory of Rajarshi Shahu, a well-known social reformer. The award consists of a cash prize of Rs 1 lakh. The award honours remarkable contribution of an individual in social work, science, fine arts, education and sports sectors. Pushpa Bhave is a resident of Mumbai. She has been active in several fields. She is 79 years old. She is also a thinker and an author.
- The Ministry of Shipping’s _____ programme was awarded the ‘Gold Award’ in infrastructure sector in the 52nd Skoch Summit 2018 that recently ended in New Delhi?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Sagarmala
The award was presented in recognition of the programme’s contribution to India’s socio-economic transformation and in enhancing fast-track growth and infrastructure development. The Sagarmala Programme was also awarded the ‘Order of Merit’. The Secretary (Shipping) Gopal Krishna shared the award with Minister for Shipping, Road Transport & Highways, Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation Nitin Gadkari. The Skoch Awards honours leadership and excellence in promoting socio-economic changes. The Joint Secretary (Sagarmala), Ministry of Shipping, Kailash Kumar Aggarwal received the award from Sameer Kochar, Chairman, Skoch Group and Gopal Krishna, Secretary, Ministry of Shipping, who was the Chief Guest at the valedictory session of the awards ceremony.
- Name the person who has been appointed the new whole-time member of the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI)?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Anant Barua
Anant Barua is currently the executive director in SEBI. He has been appointed as whole-time member of SEBI for 3 years. His pay is as admissible to additional secretary to the central government or a consolidated salary of Rs 4 lakh per month. He became the executive director of SEBI in May 2010. Earlier, he was legal adviser, Legal Affairs Department (LAD), SEBI. He started working with LAD from 1992.
- On 27th June 2018, National Security Adviser (NSA) of Pakistan, _____, submitted his resignation?
1.Nasir Ul Mulk
3.Nasser Khan Janjua
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Nasser Khan Janjua
Nasser Khan Janjua is a retired Lieutenant General of the Pakistan Army. He had been Pakistan’s National Security Adviser since October 2015. He had succeeded Sartaj Aziz as NSA. Pakistan’s Caretaker Prime Minister Nasirul Mulk has accepted Nasser Khan Janjua’s resignation. The reason for Nasser Khan Janjua’s resignation has not been mentioned. Earlier, he had served as the Quetta corps commander and National Defence University president.
- Which software firm has acquired H&D International Group, a German IT and engineering services provider?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.HCL Technologies
Acquisition of H&D International Group is a part of HCL’s long-term growth plan in Germany. H&D International Group is involved in IT Infrastructure, application services particularly in R&D IT, shop floor IT and Industry 4.0 solutions and has extensive expertise in SAP, computer-aided technologies (CAx), engineering services and customer-specific product development. It functions in more than 20 locations worldwide. H&D’s existing delivery centre in Gifhorn, Germany, will become part of HCL Tech’s global delivery footprint. It will focus on IT and engineering services in Germany and across the world.
- The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has restricted the manufacture of Oxytocin formulations for domestic use to public sector only from ____?
1.1st September 2018
2.1st July 2018
3.25th July 2018
4.1st December 2018
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.1st July 2018
The import of Oxytocin and its formulations is also banned. From 1st July 2018, private manufacturers will not be allowed to manufacture Oxytocin for domestic use. Only Karnataka Antibiotics & Pharmaceuticals Ltd (KAPL), a public sector company, will manufacture Oxytocin for domestic use from 1st July 2018. Oxytocin formulations for domestic consumption will be supplied by KAPL to the registered hospitals and clinics in public and private sector directly. Oxytocin in any form or name will not be allowed to be sold by retail Chemist. All the registered hospitals and clinics in public and private sector in India are asked to contact only KAPL and place orders.
- Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray’s younger son _____ has discovered 11 rare species and a new genus of fresh water crabs in the Western Ghats in Maharashtra?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Tejas Thackeray
Tejas Thackeray is 20 years old. His scientific research has been published by the journal named Zootaxa. The team has named the new genus ‘Sahyadriana’. It has been derived from “Sahyadri”. Sahyadri is the name for the Western Ghats in Marathi Language. The genus is endemic to this Mountain range.
- Name the Bengal swimmer who _____ created another national record at the 45th Glenmark Junior and 35th Sub Junior National Aquatic Championships in Pune, Maharashtra, on 26th June 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Swadesh Mondal
Swadesh Mondal clocked a timing of 01:07.51 in the 100m breast stroke event and created a new national record. Earlier in the Boys Group II category he won gold medal with a national record breaking time of 02:10.93. He has won four gold medals in the event so far. In the Boys Group I category Srihari Nataraj broke the National record in the 50 m backstroke with a time of 00:26.31. He has broken his own record. Neel Roy has made a new national record in the 200 m Individual Medley Boys Group I breaking his own record set in 2014 with a time of 02:10.26. Md. Rehan Mirza of Assam won the Boys Group III 50 m Breaststroke with a time of 00:34.61 and made a new National record.
- When was Micro, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises Day celebrated all over the world?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.June 27
In UN General Assembly declared 27th June as Micro, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises Day in 2017. This day was coined to recognize the importance of Micro, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises in achieving sustainable development goals, promoting innovation, creativity and sustainable work for all.
- On 27th June 2018, President Ram Nath Kovind launched the ____ Mission covering artisans in 50 identified clusters. This Mission will produce employment in rural areas and enhance green economy?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Solar Charkha
On 27th June 2018, President Ram Nath Kovind launched the Solar Charkha Mission covering artisans in 50 identified clusters. Every cluster will employ 400 to 2000 artisans. The Mission has been approved by the Government. MSME Ministry will disburse subsidy of Rs. 550 crores in the initial two years to the artisans for this purpose. Ram Nath Kovind said that, Solar Charkha Mission will produce employment in rural areas and enhance green economy.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Name the CMD and headquarters of Export Credit Guarantee Corporation (ECGC)?Headquarters – Mumbai, CMD – Geetha Murlidhar
- Where is Mouling National Park located?Arunachal Pradesh
- Who is the CEO of Export-Import Bank of India (Exim Bank) headquartered in Mumbai?Yaduvendra Mathur
- Who is the Chairman of Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) headquartered in Mumbai?Ajay Tyagi
- Where is Jagannath Temple located?Puri, Odisha