AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs June 26 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- On June 26, 2018, the Government proposed to set up how many Van Dhan Kendras involving 30,000 SHGs across India under the Van Dhan Scheme of the Ministry of Tribal Affairs?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.3000
The Prime Minister launched the Van Dhan Scheme of Ministry of Tribal Affairs and TRIFED on 14th April, 2018 during the celebrations of Ambedkar Jayanti at Bijapur Chattisgarh. This initiative has an estimated value: Rs.2 Lakh Cr. per year. Under Van Dhan Scheme, 10 Self Help Groups of 30 Tribal gatherers each have been constituted at Bijapur, Chhattisgarh. The workers are trained by TRIFED and are provided with working capital to add value to the products, which they collect from the Jungle.
- On June 26, 2018, the Maharashtra government set up a committee to study issues related to the development of a 1,000-MW floating solar power plant at which dam in Solapur district of Maharashtra, headed by Director (Commercial) of Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Company Ltd (MSEDCL), Satish Chavan?
4.Sardar Sarovar Dam
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Ujani dam
Director (Commercial) of Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Company Ltd (MSEDCL), Satish Chavan, has been appointed as the head of the committee. The committee will study the environmental impact of the project and monitor the month-wise water level of the dam. It will study the possibilities of using the water bed of the Ujani Dam for the floating solr power plant due to unavailability of large lands. It will study the water levels of Ujani dam every month, total fluctuation in its water levels and obtain necessary permissions required for the project.
- On 25th June 2018, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare signed a MoU with which university to expand the short term healthcare courses through its available robust platform?
1.Vishwa Bharathi University
2.Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)
The signing ceremony was presided over by J P Nadda, Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare, Prakash Javadekar, Union Minister of Human Resource Development and Dharmendra Pradhan, Union Minister of Petroleum & Natural Gas and Skill Development & Entrepreneurship. As per this MoU, curriculum for 10 courses particularly designed for the health sector, will offer over 14 lakh trained manpower by 2025. Aim of this MoU is to expand the health programs to develop trained personnel in the healthcare sector and to set up a dedicated cell for developing, implementing and certifying the skill based programs at IGNOU. A robust monitoring and assessment framework will be developed according to the MoU to make sure that Ministry of Health and Family Welfare standards are followed.
- On June 25,2018, The Ministry of Women and Child Development (MWCD) has launched its report titled ‘Women in Prisons’. It consists of how many recommendations for improving the lives of women under incarceration?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.134
It is a comprehensive list of 134 recommendations for improving the lives of women under incarceration, addressing a wide range of issues pertaining to pregnancy and childbirth in prison, mental health, legal aid, reintegration in society and their care giving responsibilities among others. Changes in the National Model Prison Manual 2016 have also been suggested. In case of women with care-giving responsibilities must be allowed to make arrangements for their children, and a reasonable suspension of detention may also be provided for this purpose. If the child (above 6 years of age)has no guardian then he must be placed in a Child Care Institution. Bail should be granted to those under-trial women who have spent one-third of their maximum possible sentence in detention.
- On 26th June 2018, a two-day training workshop on cybercrime targeting children started in New Delhi. The workshop is organized by NCPCR along with Police Bureau of Research and Development (PBR&D) and UNESCO. Expand NCPCR?
1.National Commission for Protection of Child Rights
2.National Committee for Protection of Child Rights
3.National Council for Preservation of Child Rights
4.National Commission for Preservation of Child Rights
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.National Commission for Protection of Child Rights
The workshop is organized by National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) along with Police Bureau of Research and Development (PBR&D) and UNESCO. The workshop aims to offer professional training to the investigators who handle crime against children. Police investigators from all states are taking part in this workshop. Stuti Kacker is the Chairperson of NCPCR. Earlier, NCPCR had opened-up POCSO e-box to tackle cybercrime targeted on children.
- On 25th June 2018, a campaign to encourage farmers to voluntarily adopt a new scheme ‘Paani Bachao, Paise Kamao’, for checking depletion of underground water, was launched in _____?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Jalandhar, Punjab
Punjab government had proposed to launch this scheme at two clusters/feeders: Bambiwal and Nawajipur on a pilot basis. 178 farmers from Bambiwal feeder and 231 from Nawajipur will be motivated to adopt the scheme. Through this scheme, farmers will receive monetary benefit for less use of tube well. This scheme aims to make sure that farmers utilise the power with restraint to pump out water from ground.
- Name the panchayat in Haryana that has become the first panchayat in India to pass a resolution to marry girls only to families that have a toilet in their house?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Godikan
This move of the Godikan panchayat has been inspired by Bollywood movie Toilet- Ek Prem Katha. The Godikan panchayat has passed this resolution in a motive to ensure the safety and well-being of women. Posters and banners reading “Beti wahin byahenge, jis ghar me shauchalaya payenge” (will marry off our daughters to households where we find a toilet) will be put for display soon.
- On June 25,2018, The 4th National Review and Consultation on Swachh Iconic Places began in _____?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Hyderabad
The two-day consultation and review was inaugurated by Director General Special projects under the Ministry of Drinking Water Supply, Mr. Akshay Rout . Discussion on better coordination between local and state Governments in implementing SIP Strategies were held.
- On June 26, 2018, The tourism department of the state of Goa announced that it will launch app-based taxi services in the state called _____ in July 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.GOAMILES
It has more than 2,800 licensed taxi drivers partnering with the app. It aims to boost the digital economy, enable ease of travel for tourists and give taxi drivers better income. The key features of the initiative would be modest pricing and convenience to the traveller. As a part of the programme the taxi drivers would be trained in etiquette as well as knowledge of tourism related sites in Goa.
- On 26th June 2018, a Thomson Reuters Foundation survey, mentioned which country as the world’s most dangerous country for women due to the high risk of sexual violence?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.India
India is followed by war affected Afghanistan and Syria. Somalia and Saudi Arabia are ranked fourth and fifth respectively. The Thomson Reuters Foundation survey involved around 550 experts on women’s issues. The poll of 548 people was held online, by phone and in person from 26th March and 4th May 2018. It was performed in Europe, Africa, America, South East Asia, South Asia and the Pacific. The only Western country in the top 10 was the US, which ranked joint third. The survey asked which five of the 193 UN member states they thought were most dangerous for women, which country was worst in terms of healthcare, economic resources, cultural or traditional practices, sexual violence and harassment, non-sexual violence and human trafficking.
- Where was the 15th Session of the India-Australia Joint Ministerial Commission co-chaired by Suresh Prabhu held?
1.New Delhi, India
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Canberra, Australia
Discussions on India’s reform journey, including GST implementation, competition policy, insolvency and bankruptcy acts, and ease of doing business initiatives were held and India’s contribution to Australia’s economy. The critical role of the private sector andthe importance of Australian and Indian businesses engaging directly for practical solutions. The success of Australian Business Week in India (ABWI) in connecting Australian businesses with contacts in India. The Ministers also reaffirmed their commitment to a high quality and balanced Comprehensive Economic Cooperation Agreement (CECA) between the two countries.
- On June 26, 2018, RBI has proposed to set up a board of management for the urban co-operative banks. The guidelines have been recommended by committee headed by former deputy governor of RBI _____?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.R Gandhi
The board should have well qualified members who do not have any business relation with the bank. Regulatory approvals such as expansion of area of operation and opening of new branches may be allowed only for UCBs that have made such a provision in their law. The board of management may be appointed by the board of directors whose term end at the same time as the board of directors. RBI shall have powers to remove any member of BoM and/ or the CEO if the person is found to be not meeting the eligibility criteria prescribed by RBI.
- On June 22,2018, Bajaj Finance overtook Axis Bank in market capitalization ranking according to BSE. Bajaj Finance stood at which position in overall market-cap ranking in 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.18
On June 22,2018, Bajaj Finance overtook Axis Bank in market capitalization ranking according to BSE. It was a surge of 3%. The m-cap of Bajaj Finance was of Rs 1,345.85 billion. Bajaj Finance has outperformed the market by surging 33% as compared to 4% rise in the S&P BSE Sensex. Bajaj Finance stood at number 18 position in overall market-cap ranking climbing 11 places in 2018. Other companies it surpassed was : Power Grid Corporation, Asian Paints, Bharat Petroleum Corporation, UltraTech Cement, Vedanta, HCL Technologies, Tata Motors, Hindustan Zinc, Sun Pharmaceutical Industries and Wipro during the period.
- On June 26, 2018, International rating agency Fitch ranked Bharti Airtel at _____?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.BBB-
It gave a BBB- ratings on the bonds issued by its subsidiary Bharti Airtel International Netherlands. Bharti will increase its home market mobile revenue market share to 35-36 per cent, on completion of its acquisition of Tata Tele. After the merger of Vodafone and Idea, Bharti Airtel will be pushed to the No 2 slot both in terms of revenue and number of subscribers. The operating revenue contribution from its African and non-mobile businesses in the home market has steadily increased to 22 per cent and 28 per cent, respectively, in FY18, from 15 per cent and 20 per cent, respectively, in FY17.
- On June 25,2018, The FFO of BHARAT 22 ETF was subscribed approximately 2.57 times the initial issue size and received Rs 15,436 crore in four day FFO period. What is the full form of FFO?
1.Further Fund Offer
2.Financial Fund Offer
3.Fixed Finance Offer
4.Full Finance Offer
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Further Fund Offer
The Anchor investor category subscribed 3.44 times raising approx. Rs 5,163 crore and Non-anchor investors raised approx. Rs 10,273 crore. It attracted approximately 1.2 lakh applications, oversubscribed across all the categories. The government had a target to raise Rs 6,000 crore through the second tranche of Bharat 22 ETF. It plans to raise Rs 80,000 crore in the current fiscal from disinvestment, lower than over Rs 1 lakh crore raised last year.
- On June 25,2018, Saudi Aramco and ADNOC signed an MoU to jointly develop and build an integrated refinery and petrochemicals complex as overseas partners at Ratnagiri in which Indian State?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Maharashtra
The project will cost around Rs.3 lakh crore (USD 44 billion). It will be implemented by Ratnagiri Refinery & Petrochemicals Ltd. (RRPCL). The MoU was signed between Saudi Aramco President and CEO, Amin H. Nasser and H.E.Dr. Sultan Ahmed Al Jaber, UAE Minister of State & ADNOC Group CEO and Shri Dharmendra Pradhan, Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas & Skill Development & Entrepreneurship, Government of India. The signing was witnessed by His Highness Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAE Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation.
- On 26th June 2018, President Ram Nath Kovind presented the “Fourth National Awards for outstanding services in the field of Prevention of Alcoholism and Substance (Drug) Abuse” at an event in _____?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.New Delhi
Awards were given to both institutions and individuals on the occasion of ‘International Day against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking’ (26 June). The function was organized by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment. President Ram Nath Kovind said that our geographical location between Myanmar-Laos-Thailand’s ‘Golden Triangle’ and Iran-Afghanistan-Pakistan’s ‘Golden Crescent’, makes the Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking issue more severe. Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment, Thaawarchand Gehlot, said that, the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment has created a National Toll Free Drug De-Addiction Helpline Number-1800110031 to help the victims of drug abuse, their family and society. It functions 24×7.
- On 25th June 2018, it was announced at an event in the U.S. Department of Agriculture in Washington, that the World Food Prize 2018 will be awarded to ____?
1.Lawrence Haddad and Dr. David Nabarro
2.Fathima Quereshi and Ahmad Quereshi
3.Michael Christen and Dr. David Nabarro
4.Rafael Sebastian and Lawrence Haddad
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Lawrence Haddad and Dr. David Nabarro
Lawrence Haddad is a British economist and food policy researcher. Dr. David Nabarro has worked with the World Health Organization and United Nations on health and hunger issues. Lawrence Haddad and Dr. David Nabarro have been recognized for their work to improve nutrition for mothers and children from pregnancy to a child’s second birthday. They have contributed in helping to reduce the world’s number of children stunted from malnourishment from 2012 to 2017. Lawrence Haddad lives in England. He is the executive director of the Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition. It is a Swiss-based non-profit launched at the United Nations that works to reduce malnutrition.
- Who has been appointed the new chairman of the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC)?
1.Vanaja N Sarna
3.V Murali Krishna
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.S Ramesh
S Ramesh will replace Vanaja N Sarna. Vanaja N Sarna will superannuates on 30th June 2018. S Ramesh is a 1981 batch officer of the Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise). He is currently a member in the board of CBIC. He has been made the chairman of CBIC with the status of special secretary to the central government. Raj Kumar Barthwa, a Senior IRS (Customs and Central Excise) officer, has been named as new member in the CBIC in place of S Ramesh.
- From 22nd to 24th June 2018, the 12th Tunis International Meeting was organized by the National Paralympic Committee of Tunisia, in Tunisia. Name the Indian who won gold medal in the men’s club throw F51 event?
3.Amit Kumar Saroha
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Amit Kumar Saroha
India’s Amit Kumar Saroha won gold medal in the men’s club throw F51 event. He is a wheelchair-bound athlete. He made the season’s best performance of 29.42m. In the men’s shot put F57 Kuniya Puyil Sujith threw 11.47m with teammate Bhagat Singh (11.19m) in second place.
- On 24th June 2018, Moosa Aboobaker Moosa died due to heart attack, in South Africa. What was his profession?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Actor
Moosa Aboobaker Moosa was 75 years old. He is said to be the longest-serving cinema group executive in the world. In 2007, he was awarded the South African Film and Television Industry Lifetime Achievement Award. He took over the family cinema business of the Avalon Group, started by his father, which is said to be the first and still only Indian-owned cinema group in South Africa.
- What was the theme for International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking that was celebrated on 26 June 2018?
1.Listen First – Listening to children and youth is the first step to help them grow healthy and safe
2.Support the Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking victims
3.Fight against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking
4.Elimination of Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Listen First – Listening to children and youth is the first step to help them grow healthy and safe
In 1987, the UN General Assembly declared 26 June as the International Day against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking. This day was coined to enhance efforts to achieve an international society free of drug abuse. This day aims to create awareness of the problems caused by illicit drugs to the society. The theme for International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking 2018 is: “Listen First – Listening to children and youth is the first step to help them grow healthy and safe.”
- When was International Day in Support of Victims of Torture observed all over the world?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.June 26
In 1997, the UN General Assembly declared 26 June as the International Day in Support of Victims of Torture. This day aims to achieve total eradication of torture experienced by victims throughout the world. The UN Voluntary Fund for Victims of Torture that is administered by the UN Human Rights Office in Geneva is a victim-focused mechanism that provides assistance to victims of torture and their families.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Who is the CEO of DBS Bank?Pyush Gupta
- Name the President of Paralympic Committee of India?Rao Inderjit Singh
- What is the tag line of Axis Bank?Badhti ka Naam Zindagi
- Where is Nahar Wildlife Sanctuary located?Haryana
- Where is Dudhsagar Falls located?Goa