Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs June 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Prime Minister launched the Smart city mission in 20 cities across the country and planned to start from which city?
Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the center’s flagship Smart City mission in 20cities across the country from Pune, involving 83 projects in the country. He launched 14 smart city projects in Pune, and commenced 69 other works in other smart cities in the country to be implemented at a cost of 1,770 crore rupees.
- The Defence Ministry approved to purchase of 145 Ultra Light Howitzers worth about USD 750 million from which country?
D. USAns: D. US
The Defence Ministry cleared decks for purchase of 145 Ultra Light Howitzers, worth about USD 750 million, from the United States and also approved bulk production of 18 Dhanush artillery guns, the first acquisition of such weapon systems.
- Which state governor launched Women Helpline – 181 at the District Hospital to support women affected by Violence?
Nagaland Governor P B Acharya launched womenhelpline – 181 at the District Hospital Dimapur in Nagaland and also inaugurated Sakhi, a one stop Centre, envisioned supporting women affected by violence.
- The Seafarer Day is being on which date every year to recognize that almost everything that we use in our daily lives has been directly or indirectly affected by sea transport?
D.June 26thAns: C.June 25th
The Seafarer Day is observed on June 25 to recognize that almost everything that we use in our daily lives has been directly or indirectly affected by sea transport.
- Former Lok Sabha and West Bengal Assembly member has been passed away in Kolkata at the age of 82 years. Who is he?
D.Jackson O’BrienAns: B.Neil O’Brien
Former Lok Sabha and West Bengal Assembly member Neil O’Brien has passed away in Kolkata on 24 June 2016. He was 82 year old.
- India Shooter clinched which of the following medal at the Men’s 10m Air Pistol Event at the ISSF World Cup in Baku, Azerbaijan?
D.None of theseAns: B.Silver
Indian shooter Jitu Rai has settled with a silver medal and Brazilian sport shooter Felipe Almeida Wu of Brazil who clinched gold at the Men’s 10m Air Pistol Event at the ISSF World Cup in Baku, Azerbaijan.
- Odisha hails Dutee Chand has been qualified for Rio Olympics. She belongs to which sports category?
Odisha sprinter Dutee Chand has qualified for the women’s 100 metres at the Rio Olympics after she clocked 11.30 seconds beating the Olympic qualifying mark of 11.32 seconds in the women’s 100m heats at a meet in Kazakhstan.
- Which University researchers have found a new Bio-Ink for 3D printing using stem cells that allows printing of living tissue called as Bio-Printing?
C.University of Bristol
D.Texas UniversityAns: C.University of Bristol
University of Bristol scientists have revealed a new Bio-Ink for 3D printing using stem cells that allows printing of living tissue called as Bio-Printing.
- Which aerospace successfully demonstrated the integration of most daunting supersonic cruise missile system at Hindustan Aeronautics Limited?
BrahMos Aerospace successfully demonstrated the integration of most daunting supersonic cruise missile system BrahMos on Su-30MKI front-line strike fighter aircraft of the Indian Air Force (IAF) at Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL), Nasik.
- Name the organization founded by Zubaida Bai has grabbed a position among 10 “Champions and pioneers” titled by United Nations?
An Indian social entrepreneur, Zubaida Bai grabbed a position among 10 “Champions and Pioneers”
About Ayzh: Founded by Zubaida Bai & Non Profitable social volunteer organisation which provides basic needs like health and hygiene, nourishment to empower womanhood worldwide.
- Who joined with the University of Chicago to work on development challenges in crucial areas like sanitation, energy and the environment on a three year pilot basis?
D.MicrosoftAns: C.Tata Trusts
Tata Trusts and the University of Chicago to jointly work on developmental challenges in crucial areas like sanitation, energy and the environment on a three year pilot basis.
- Asian Development Bank accorded $500 million to build bridge over India’s longest river bridge is in which State?
Asian Development Bank accorded $500 million to build bridge over Ganga which is India’s longest river bridge is in Bihar having distance of 9.8 km road.
- Which Country decided to suspend issuing labour permits to their nationals for Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria and Libya?
The Himalayan Nation Nepal to suspend issuing labour permits to Nepalese nationals for Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria and Libya.
- Who has been named as the chairman of three member UN commission to monitor the human rights situation in South Sudan?
D.Yasueen SookaAns: B.Yasmin Sooka
South African Indian-origin lawyer Yasmin Sooka has been named as the chairman of three member UN commission (committee) to monitor the human rights situation in South Sudan.
- Which Government has signed an Armistice and demilitarization agreement with rebels force to end the Latin America’s longest war?
The Colombian government and Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC) rebels signed an armistice and demilitarization agreement.