AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz June 24 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- On June 23, 2017, Urban Development Ministry launched “City Liveability Index”. It is a first of its kind initiative to measure the quality of life in ____ major cities including capital cities and those with population over one million.
1.126 major cities
2.116 major cities
3.106 major cities
4.96 major cities
5.86 major citiesAnswer – 2.116 major cities
The index was launched by Urban Development Minister M Venkaiah Naidu at a National Workshop on Urban Transformation in New Delhi. The cities will be assessed on a comprehensive set of 79 parameters to capture the extent and quality of infrastructure including availability of roads, education and health care, mobility, employment opportunities, emergency response, grievance redressal, pollution, availability of open, green spaces, and culture.
- On June 24, 2017, Union Minister for Urban Development, Housing and Poverty Alleviation Venkaiah Naidu inaugurated the ‘Homes For All’ property show in which city?
5.LucknowAnswer – 1.Ahmedabad
On June 24, 2017, Union Minister for Urban Development, Housing and Poverty Alleviation Venkaiah Naidu inaugurated the ‘Homes For All’ property show organized by Ahmedabad Municipal corporation and GIHED CREDAI in Ahmedabad. On the occasion, Mr. Naidu also launched several smart initiatives such as Janmitra Card -‘One Card Many Services’, AMC Seva Mobile Application, Amdavad Airport Shuttle Service, and Intelligent Transit Management System among others.
- Civil Aviation Minister Ashok Gajapathi Raju said, government has cleared a proposal for setting up a greenfield airport in __________, which is likely to be operational in the next five to six years.
5.FatehpurAnswer –3.Greater Noida
Noida International Airport will cater to 30-50 million passengers per year over the next 10-15 years. The airport will help reduce congestion at the Delhi international airport. The Yamuna Expressway Industrial Development Authority has notified 3,000 hectares of land for a world-class international airport.
- Who among the following is among the recipients of this year’s Carnegie Medal, considered the most prestigious prize in philanthropy, for his efforts to reform India’s public school system?
5.Narayana MurthyAnswer – 4.Azim Premji
Mr. Premji, who founded the Azim Premji Foundation, is among the nine recipients recognised “for their outstanding and innovative leadership in philanthropy”. After transforming Wipro into a leading international corporation, Mr. Premji turned his attention to improving India’s public school system.
- From 21stto 23rdJune 2017, Defence Minister Arun Jaitley was on an official visit to which country?
5.RussiaAnswer – 5.Russia
The visited was aimed at strengthening bilateral defence and security cooperation between India and Russia. During this visit, Arun Jaitley co-chaired two meetings with Russian Government. Chairman of DRDO, Secretary of Department of Atomic Energy, Secretary of Earth Sciences and Senior officials from Department of Space, Defence and other ministries accompanied Arun Jaitley during this visit.
- First meeting of the India-Russia High Level Committee on Science and Technology was held on June 21, 2017 in:
2.New Delhi, India
5.Ufa, RussiaAnswer – 1.Novosibirsk, Russia
On June 21, 2017, Mr. Jaitley co-chaired the first meeting of the India-Russia High Level Committee on Science and Technology with the Russian Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin. The meeting was held on the sidelines of the Technoprom exhibition in the city of Novosibirsk, Siberia, Russia.
- An incubation centre for biotechnology start-ups is to be set up at the CSIR-Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology (CCMB) in:
5.NagpurAnswer – 2.Hyderabad
This incubation centre will be supported by the NITI Aayog. It will create facilities and bring in stakeholders to ensure the success of innovative ideas. The CCMB is one of the 10 organisations identified to host the ‘Atal Incubation Centre’. Under this, the government will release funds of Rs. 10 crore in the coming five years.
- Which movie has won the Best Action Movie award at the Shanghai International Film Festival and has thus become the first Indian film to win this honour?
5.PhantomAnswer – 3.Sultan
Sultan narrates the story of a fictional wrestling champion, Sultan Ali Khan (played by Salman Khan), whose successful career creates a rift in his personal life. The film, which has been directed by Ali Abbas Zafar, also stars Anushka Sharma in lead role. The film has been produced by Aditya Chopra under the Yash Raj Films banner.
- Which State Government has won the prestigious United Nations (UN) Public Service Award for its initiative aimed to combat child marriage and ensure education to the girl child in the state?
5.Andhra PradeshAnswer – 4.West Bengal
The West Bengal government has won the prestigious United Nations (UN) Public Service Award for the ‘Kanyashree Prakalpa’ initiative aimed to combat child marriage and ensure education to the girl child in the state. On June 23, 2017, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee received the 2017 UN Public Service Award at a ceremony held in The Hague, Netherlands on behalf of her government.
- Two Konkani literary personalities, __________ and ________ from Goa have been chosen for Sahitya Akademi Awards
1.Vincy Quadros and Victor Fernandes
2.Vincy Quadros and Amey Naik
3.Victor Fernandes and Amey Naik
4.Victor Fernandes and Laurence Gomes
5.Laurence Gomes and Amey NaikAnswer – 2.Vincy Quadros and Amey Naik
Quadros is being awarded Sahitya Akademi’s Bal Sahitya Puraskar for his book ‘Jaduche Petul’ for children in Konkani, Amey Naik has been selected for Yuva Puraskar 2017 for his Konkani poetry collection ‘Mog Dot Com’.
- Who among the following has been honoured with the “Social Entrepreneur of the Year” award at The 7th Asian Awards in London?
5.Pooja NaithaniAnswer – 2.Nisha Dutt
Nisha Dutt, Chief Executive Officer of Hyderabad-based Intellecap has been honoured with the “Social Entrepreneur of the Year” award at The 7th Asian Awards in London. She is the first Indian woman leader to have been conferred with this recognition. This award has been presented to her for leading Intellecap to become a globally known enterprise that focuses on social capital and impacts the underserved communities.
- Which among the following banks has received Skoch Awards in 9 different categories?
3.Punjab National Bank
5.Bank of BarodaAnswer – 4.Vijaya Bank
Vijaya Bank has received Skoch Awards in following 9 categories — Best Bank in Public Sector; Best Bank for NPA Management – Organization Category; Retail Lending; Inclusive Wallet – VPAYQWIK; Digital Inclusion; IT Security; e-Surveillance of ATMs and branches; and 100 Digital Villages – Financial Inclusion. Vijaya Bank’s Executive Director B. S. Rama Rao received the NPA Management Award (individual category) from Sameer Kochhar, Chairman, Skoch Group at Mumbai.
- Who among the following has become the first turbaned Sikh to be appointed to the judiciary of Canada?
5.Amandeep KaurAnswer – 2.Palbinder Kaur
An Indian-origin Sikh woman human rights activist, Palbinder Kaur Shergill has been appointed as a judge of the Canadian Supreme Court of British Columbia in New Westminster. Following her appointment to this post, Palbiner Kaur has become the first turbaned Sikh to be appointed to the judiciary of Canada.
- Thirty Metre Telescope (TMT) project, world’s biggest telescope which would enable astronomers to observe the intricacies of the universe from the comfort of the earth will be built by an international consortium consisting of institutions from which country/countries?
1.India and China
5.All of the aboveAnswer – 5.All of the above
The gigantic telescope, scheduled to be ready by 2020, will provide astronomers with unparalleled power to observe the universe. India is a 10 per cent partner in this global project. On the Indian side, the project is being handled by the Ministry of Science and Technology and the Department of Atomic Energy.
- Scientists from which country have claimed a major breakthrough in magnetic detection technology which could find hidden metallic objects, including minerals and submarines?
5.AustraliaAnswer – 2.China
The Chinese Academy of Sciences, China’s largest research institute, said that a “superconductive magnetic anomaly detection array” has been developed in Shanghai and passed inspection by an expert panel. The device, which works from the air, could be used to pinpoint the location of minerals buried deep beneath the earth.
- On June 22, 2017, International Cricket Council (ICC) conferred Test match status on _______ and________, thereby taking the number of test-playing nations to 12.
1.UAE and Kenya
2.UAE and Ireland
3.UAE and Afghanistan
4.Kenya and Ireland
5.Ireland and AfghanistanAnswer – 5.Ireland and Afghanistan
Ireland and Afghanistan were confirmed as full members after a unanimous vote at an International Cricket Council (ICC) meeting during its annual conference in London. The Ireland and Afghanistan’s men’s teams will now be eligible to play five-day Test cricket, widely regarded as the sport’s supreme format.
- Who among the following has become first male Chinaman bowler to represent India in One Day International (ODI) Cricket?
5.Shankar ReddyAnswer – 2.Kuldeep Yadav
Kuldeep Yadav has become first male Chinaman bowler to represent India in One Day International (ODI). He made a debut in ODI against West Indies on June 23, 2017. In the world of cricket, left-arm spin bowlers generating an off spin delivery are referred to as Chinaman.
- Who among the following has been appointed as Deputy Chairman of International Cricket Council (ICC)?
5.Shakeel HassanAnswer – 1.Imran Khawaja
Khawaja, a veteran administrator from Singapore, was unanimously elected for the post created following the constitutional change approved at the ICC Full Council on June 22, 2017. Khawaja will deputise in ICC meetings in case the chairman Shashank Manohar is absent.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.