AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs June 23 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- On June 23, 2018, Prime Miniser Narendra Modi inaugurated the urban transport scheme of which state government named ‘Sutra Seva’?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Madhya Pradesh
Mr. Modi will contribute the Mohanpura Irrigation Project worth ₹3,866 crore in Rajgarh district. He will also praise the winners of cleanliness survey — Swachh Survekshan 2018 and give away the Cleanliness Survey-2018 Awardsto representatives of Indore, Bhopal and Chandigarh, the cities that secured top three positions in the survey. He will also inaugurate the state government’s urban transport scheme named ‘Sutra Seva’ at Indore’s Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium. The ‘griha pravesh’ (house warming ceremony) of all 1,00,219 beneficiaries of the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana also be performed.
- On June 23, 2018, Odisha cabinet approved a proposal to utilise a piece of land in which district, as a Domestic Tariff Area (DTA) to set up a Private Industrial Park by a Tata Steel company?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Ganjam
The Park will be under The Odisha Industrial Infrastructural Development Corporation (IDCO). Out of the proposed 2970 acre land at Gopalpur in Ganjam district, 1235 acre to be utilised by TATA Steel Special Economic Zone Ltd (TSSEZL) and remaining 1735 acre would be utilised by the TSSEZL for setting up a Private Industrial Park as Domestic Tariff Area.
- On June 20, 2018, The Vice President of India, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu inaugurated and participate in a two-day National Consultation on ‘Making Agriculture Sustainable and Profitable’, at _____?
1.Chennai, Tamil Nadu
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Pune, Maharashtra
This event was organized by the Indian Institute of Public Administration (IIPA) of which the Vice President of India is the Chairman and Shri Vaikuntha Mehta National Institute of Cooperative Management, Pune. This event aims to efforts at various levels to double farmers’ incomes by 2022. It will focus on six themes viz. Creating an enabling policy framework; Intensification of farming diversification to high value agriculture and supplementation of incomes through allied activities; Marketing and Agri-logistics; Agricultural Trade Policy; Transfer of technology from labs to the land and Agricultural credit and insurance.
- On June 21,2018, The Home Ministry issued a notification that Al Qaeda in Indian Subcontinent (AQIS), an affiliate of Al Qaeda and Islamic State in Khorasan Province (ISKP) has been banned under Anti-Terror Law , The Unlawful activities (Prevention) Act, _____?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.1967
On June 21,2018, The Home Ministry issued a notification that Al Qaeda in Indian Subcontinent (AQIS), an affiliated of Al Qaeda and Islamic State in Khorasan Province(ISKP) has been banned under Anti-Terror Law , The Unlawful activities (Prevention) Act, 1967 . Their recruitment of youth from India and radicalization are a matter of serious concern for the National Security and international peace. The AQIS has been spreading and promoting provocative messages in social media.
- On June 23, 2018, R.K Singh, Minister of State (IC) for Power and New & Renewable launched a campaign to promote energy efficiency in the area of air-conditioning. As per a study carried out by the BEE, the default setting in the air-conditioning should be at 24 degree Celsius. Expand BEE?
1.Bureau of Energy Efficiency
2.Bureau of Energy Estimation
3.Board of Energy Efficiency
4.Board of Electricity Efficiency
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Bureau of Energy Efficiency
On June 23, 2018, Shri R.K Singh, Minister of State (IC) for Power and New & Renewable launched a campaign to promote energy efficiency in the area of air-conditioning. According to a study carried out by the Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) under the guidance of Ministry of Power, the default setting in the air-conditioning should be at 24 degree Celsius. After an awareness campaign of 4-6 months, followed by a survey to gather public feedback, the Ministry of Power would consider making this mandatory his will result in savings of 20 billion units of electricity in one year alone. The targeted commercial buildings will include Airports, Hotels, Shopping Malls, Officers and Government Buildings (Ministries & attached offices, State Government and Public Sector Undertakings).
- On June 22,2018 Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister, N Chandrababu Naidu laid the foundation for icon tower in _____ which is to be constructed by Andhra Pradesh Non-Resident Telugus (AP NRT) society at Rayapudi village?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Amaravati
On June 22,2018 Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister, N Chandrababu Naidu laid the foundation for icon tower in Amaravati.It is to be constructed by Andhra Pradesh Non-Resident Telugus (AP NRT) society at Rayapudi village, will become a center for many NRT owned IT industries. It is 33 floor/158-meter high. The construction of building will be in the form of letter ‘A’ and it represents Amaravati. The iconic structure will give a stunning 360° degree view of Amaravati for the occupants. It will cost around Rs.500 with features like revolving restaurants, NRT club, world-class auditorium, high-end classrooms with state of the art audio video equipment, and sustainability features with water and energy conservation. This tower will enable the establishment of about a hundred software companies resulting in more than 5000 direct and several thousand indirect jobs.
- On June 21, 2018, A Guinness World Record was created in which Indian city, where more than 1.05 lakh people performed yoga to mark International Yoga Day?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Kota, Rajasthan
On June 21,2018, A Guinness World Record was created in Rajasthan’s Kota city, where more than 1.05 lakh people performed yoga to mark International Yoga Day. The event took place at R.A.C. Ground in the presence of yoga guru Baba Ramdev and Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje. The previous record of yoga, performed by 55,524 people, was achieved in Mysore in 2017. 177 countries of the world, including 43 Muslim countries, had adopted yoga for the benefit of their citizens.
- On June 23, 2018, Mongolia launched construction of its first oil refinery that is funded by India. It will be capable of processing what quantity of crude oil each year?
1.3 million tonnes
2.2.5 million tonnes
3.1.5 million tonnes
4.4 million tonnes
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.1.5 million tonnes
It will be capable of processing 1.5 million tonnes of crude oil each year That is about 30,000 barrels per day (bpd). The cost of the refinery is estimated at $1.35 billion, and it will include a pipeline and its own power plant. It is planned for completion in late 2022. It will meet demand for gasoline, diesel, aviation fuel and liquefied petroleum gas (LPG).
- On June 18- 22, 2018, The Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Tourism, Shri K. J. Alphons attended a series of ‘Incredible India road shows’ in which country?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.United States
On June 18- 22, 2018, The Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Tourism, Shri K. J. Alphons will attend a series of ‘Incredible India road shows’ in the United States of America. The road shows were held in several major cities of US including New York, Chicago & Houston. This is to project India as a ‘must visit’ tourist destination. Additionally, the Minister also attended the Federation of Malayalee Associations of Americas (FOMAA) Convention 2018 in Chicago on 22nd June 2018.
- On June 23, 2018, to mark the start of UK-India Week 2018 a bilateral meeting was held at the Taj Hotel in _____?
1.New Delhi, India
3.California, United States
4.London, United Kingdom
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.London, United Kingdom
Bilateral trade between the two countries has grown rapidly over the last 10 years, and reached some £18 billion in 2017. The rate of growth reached a remarkable 15% in the first 3 quarters of 2017, compared to the same period in 2016. Over 80% of masala bond issuances to date have taken place in London, to a value of more than $3.9 billion. The UK has been the largest G20 investor in India over the last 10 years. There are over 270 British companies operating there, employing nearly 800,000 people.
- Indian Minister of Petroleum & Natural Gas and Skill Development & Entrepreneurship Dharmendra Pradhan participated in the 7th OPEC International Seminar organised by the Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) as a special guest in _____ from 19-20th June 2018?
4.London, United Kingdom
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Vienna, Austria
The Minister of Petroleum & Natural Gas and Skill Development & Entrepreneurship Dharmendra Pradhan participated in the 7th OPEC International Seminar organised by the Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) as a special guest in Vienna, Austria from 19-20th June 2018. Energy Ministers from all the OPEC countries including Saudi Arabia, UAE, Iran as well as Russia, China, Oman participated in the Conference. India’s engagement with OPEC is important as India sources about 82% of crude oil, 75% of natural gas and 97% of LPG from OPEC member countries. He delivered a speech on “Sustainable Global Energy Future”.
- On June 23, 2018, L&T Finance opened it’s 1000th meeting center in which Indian city for its micro-loans business?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Kolkata
On June 23, 2018, L&T Finance opened it’s 1000th meeting center in Kolkata for its micro-loans business. Over 30 per cent of the total disbursements of Rs 7214 crore in FY18 was added by the new meeting centers launched during that period. This would help increased rural focus.
- On June 22 2018, Indian army announced that The 7 Garhwal Rifles Infantry Battalion Group , part of UN peacekeeping mission in _____ was awarded the United Nations Medal for “selfless service”?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.South Sudan
On June 22 2018, Indian army announced that The 7 Garhwal Rifles Infantry Battalion Group , part of UN peacekeeping mission in South Sudan was awarded the United Nations Medal for “selfless service”. Number of military and civil dignitaries, including Brig Gen Mohammed Al Masoom, Commander United Nations Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS), and a host of senior commanders of various nationalities also attended the ceremony. The parade was reviewed by UNMISS Deputy Force Commander, Maj General Bayarsaikhan Dashdondog.
- Who has been appointed as President of International Castor Oil Association (ICOA)?
4.Abhay V. Udeshi
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Abhay V. Udeshi
International Castor Oil Association (ICOA) has selected Abhay V. Udeshi Director at Jayant Agro Group, manufacturer of castor oil for its president position. ICOA announced it at Annual General Meet in Stockholm, Sweden. Abhay V. Udeshi has graduated from MS University of Baroda in B.E in Chemical Engineering.
- Name the person who has been appointed the new chief financial officer (CFO) of Bharti Infratel?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.S Balasubramanian
On June 23,2018 Mobile tower firm Bharti Infratel has appointed S. Balasubramanian as new chief financial officer (CFO). Board of directors selected S Balasubramanian as the CFO and Key Managerial Personnel (KMP) of the company from Aug. 10 2018. He replaces Pankaj Miglani. He will be taking up another role within the Bharti Group. Balasubramanian has over 28 years’ of experience and has handled global and large-scale operations in India, Middle East and Africa. He has been associated with other organisations like Pepsi, Eicher, Sify, Hutch and Coke.
- Who has been appointed the new Managing Director of State Bank of India till October 31, 2020?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Arijit Basu
On June 23,2018 The appointments committee of the cabinet has appointed Arijit Basu as the new Managing Director of State Bank of India till October 31, 2020. He served as managing director of SBI Life Insurance. As per the SBI Act, the bank can have four managing directors. He graduates in Economics and a Master of Arts in History, Basu started his career with State Bank of India in 1983 as a probationary officer. He has held several key positions in various circles of SBI including the bank’s office at Tokyo.
- Who is expected to become the next chief executive of Axis Bank after Shikha Sharma?
1.Mahesh Kumar Jain
3.P S Jayakumar
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.P S Jayakumar
He is a former Citibanker and the first lateral recruit into the top position at a public-sector bank. He joined BoB on October 2015 and was heading VBHC Value Homes prior to taking charge of the lender. The other candidates considered are deputy MD V Srinivasan and executive director Rajiv Anand. The decision would be finalized by September 2018.
- On June 22 2018, Senior Supreme Court judge, Justice _____ resigned after a nearly seven-year tenure in the apex court?
3.Amar Birendra Singh
4.Ashok Kumar Sinha
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Jasti Chelameswar
On June 22 2018, Senior Supreme Court judge, Justice Jasti Chelameswar will resign after a nearly seven-year tenure in the apex court. Justice Chelameswar is one of the three judges, who had opposed Chief Justice of India (CJI) Deepak Misra’s ‘selective’ allocation of cases. Justice Chelameswar joined as a Supreme Court judge on October 10, 2011, was part of the nine-judge bench that had delivered the historic judgement which ruled that a citizen’s right to privacy was a fundamental right.
- On June 21 2018, Tech giant Google announced the rollout of a ____ mode for users on Android?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.offline
On June 21 2018, Tech giant Google announced the rollout of an offline mode for users on Android. They are introducing another way for Chrome on Android users in India, along with more than 100 countries including Nigeria, Indonesia, and Brazil, to surf the web with Chrome on Android devices – even without a constant internet connection. The users who are signed into Chrome can also access relevant articles, based on browsing history. “Chrome’s goal is to make the web work well for everyone, everywhere. From building offline capabilities to an automatic data saver, we’ve launched a number of features to improve web accessibility.
- On June 23, 2018, Six new species of minute goblin spiders discovered in which country have been named after fictional characters described by English children’s writer Enid Blyton?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Sri Lanka
On June 23, 2018, Six new species of minute goblin spiders discovered in the forests of Sri Lanka have been named after fictional characters described by English children’s writer Enid Blyton. The names given were: The goblins Bom, Snooky and Tumpy and the brownies Chippy, Snippy and Tiggy . These are taken from ‘The Goblins Looking-Glass’ (1947), ‘Billy’s Little Boats’ (1971) and ‘The Firework Goblins’ (1971). A total of nine goblin spider species in six genera was described by Scientists Suresh P Benjamin and Sasanka Ranasinghe of the National Institute of Fundamental Studies in Sri Lanka.
- Who topped the charts for the selection trials 5 in the 10M Air Pistol Women category at the Dr. Karni Shooting Range in the 18th KSS Memorial Shooting Championship?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Heena Sidhu
Former World No.1 Heena Sidhu of Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) topped the charts for the selection trials 5 in the 10M Air Pistol Women category at the Dr. Karni Shooting Range in the 18th KSS Memorial Shooting Championship. The para-shooter Rubina Francis from Madhya Pradesh clinched a gold and silver medal in the senior and junior category of the 10M Air Pistol (IPC) Championship women. Punjab’s Harveen Sarao who clinched a bronze in the 10M Air Pistol event had to settle for second spot with a score of 240.3. Double gold medallist at the 2010 Commonwealth Games Rahi Sarnobat took the third spot on the podium with a 217.7.
- On June 20 2018, humour writer Mushtaq Ahmad Yousufi has passed away after a protracted illness in Karachi. He wrote in which language?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Urdu
On June 20 2018, Renowned Urdu satirist and humour writer Mushtaq Ahmad Yousufi has passed away after a protracted illness in Karachi. Some of his most popular works include Chiragh Talay, Khakam-ba-dahan, Zarguzasht, Aab-E-gum and Sham-e-Shair-e-Yaaraan. In recognition of his contributions to Urdu literature, the government of Pakistan conferred upon him two highest literary awards Sitara-i-Imtiaz and Hilal-i-Imtiaz in 1999 and 2002, respectively.
- On June 22 2018, Prabhakar Choubey passed away after a prolonged illness at a city hospital in Raipur. What was his profession?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Journalist
On June 22 2018, Veteran journalist and littérateur Prabhakar Choubey passed away after a prolonged illness at a city hospital in Raipur . He made invaluable and memorable contribution in the fields of journalism and literature.
- When was International Olympic Day celebrated worldwide?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.June 23
On June 23, 2018, The International Olympic Day is celebrated all around the world for commemorating the birth of modern Olympic games on June 23, 1894 at Sorbonne in Paris. Olympic day was introduced in 1948. Olympic Day Run is an international Olympic Movement activity promoting mass participation of sports held in June organized by National Olympic Committees (NOCs).
- What was the theme of United Nations Public Service Day that was celebrated on 23rd June 2018?
1.Moving towards the Sustainable Development Goals
2.Transforming governance to realize the Sustainable Development Goals
3.Moving towards a more transparent Administration
4.Celebrate the value of Unity and Peace
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Transforming governance to realize the Sustainable Development Goals
The 2018 United Nations Public Service Forum will take place in Marrakesh, in the Kingdom of Morocco from 21- 23 June 2018, with the theme of “Transforming governance to realize the Sustainable Development Goals”.
- When was International Widows Day observed throughout the world?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.June 23
International Widows Day is a global awareness day on 23rd June every year. This Day was introduced to address poverty and injustice faced by widows and their children in many countries. The day was launched by the United Nations in 2010 to raise awareness of the violation of human rights that widows suffer in many countries following the death of their spouses. The ultimate goal of the day is to develop resources and policy to empower widows and allow them to have access to education, work, healthcare and lives free of violence and abuse.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Name the CEO of Canara Bank?Rakesh Sharma
- What is the tag line of Lakshmi Vilas Bank?The Changing Face of Prosperity
- Which state houses the Sariska Tiger Reserve?Rajasthan
- Where is Bori Wildlife Sanctuary located?Madhya Pradesh
- Name the director general of Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE)?Abhay Bakre