AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz June 23 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- On June 23, 2017, Central Government announced another list of 30 cites for development as smart cities under Smart Cities Mission. Which among the following cities has topped this list?
4.Satna, Madhya Pradesh
5.Shimla, Himachal Pradesh
Answer – 3.Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala
Kerala capital Thiruvanathapuram topped the list, Chhattisgarh’s new capital Naya Raipur came second. 45 cities contested for 40 available smart city slots but only 30 were selected to ensure feasible and workable plans that match the aspirations of the citizens.
- On June 22, 2017, Union Cabinet approved Amendment of the bilateral Social Security Agreement (SSA)between India and _______ by incorporating the “Country of Residence” Principle into the agreement.
Answer – 1.Netherlands
A bilateral Social Security Agreement (SSA) was signed between India and the Netherlands on 22nd October 2009 and came into force on 15thJune 2010. The SSA allows exemption from double contribution to the social security system in both jurisdictions, exportability of accumulated social security benefits across jurisdictions (applicable even to the self-employed), and totalization of serving periods.
- Which among the following Municipal Corporation launched India’s biggest municipal bonds programme on June 22, 2017?
1.Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation
2.New Delhi Municipal Corporation
3.Indore Municipal Corporation
4.Pune Municipal Corporation
5.Kolkata Municipal Corporation
Answer – 4.Pune Municipal Corporation
On June 22, 2017, Pune Municipal Corporation launched India’s biggest municipal bonds programme. The project looks to raise Rs 2,264 crore in five years. In its first tranche, the Pune Municipal Corporation raised Rs.200 crore through the Bombay Stock Exchange’s bond trading platform at a coupon rate of 7.59% for ten years.
- On June 23, 2017, Central Government released a commemorative postage stamp on completion of 50 years of:
1.The Finance Act, 1967
2.The Banking Act, 1967
3.The Agriculture Act, 1967
4.The Voters Card Act, 1967
5.The Passports Act, 1967
Answer – 5.The Passports Act, 1967
24th June 1967 marked an important milestone in the history of passport issuance in India as it was on this day that the President gave assent to the Passports Act 1967. The Passports Act provided a robust legal framework for the issue of passports and travel documents and regulation of the departure from India of Indian citizens.
- Which scheme has been launched by Department of Science and Technology (DST), to bring together the Indian scientists abroad and India-based researchers for conducting joint researches in India?
Answer – 1.’VAJRA’
On June 22, 2017, Minister of Science and Technology Harsh Vardhan launched the Web portal of ‘Visiting Advanced Joint Research Faculty’ (VAJRA) in New Delhi and said that the initiative would boost research work and lead to newer, cutting edge technologies, which was needed in India.
- ______________ has decided to impose a heavy family tax per dependent per month on expatriates. The “dependent fee” will be implemented from July 1 and is expected to pose a financial burden on the over 41 lakh Indian families living in that country.
Answer – 1.Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia has decided to impose a family tax of 100 riyals per dependent per month on expatriates. In addition, families are required to pay the entire sum in advance if they wish to renew their resident permits. What makes the burden even heavier for Non-Resident Indians is the fact that the family tax will increase every year for each dependent until 2020, taking the net sum to 400 riyals per dependent for each month.
- The World Bank and Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) have together agreed to extend the loan to which Indian state towards helping it build a reliable, quality and affordable power supply to citizens?
Answer – 3.Andhra Pradesh
World Bank said it has signed an agreement with the government of India and Andhra Pradesh government to extend $240 million of loan. AIIB has also signed a $160 million loan, which is considered the first such project in India to be co-financed by it.
- Who among the following launched the Startup India Virtual Hub, on June 20, 2017, at New Delhi?
1.President Pranab Mukherjee
2.Vice-President Hamid Ansari
3.Prime Minister Narendra Modi
4.Finance Minister Arun Jaitley
5.Commerce Minister Nirmala Sitharaman
Answer –5.Commerce Minister Nirmala Sitharaman
The hub is an online platform for all stakeholders of the entrepreneurial ecosystem in India to discover, connect and engage with each other. It will host startups, investors, funds, mentors, academia, incubators, accelerators, corporates, government bodies and more.
- Government of which country has recently cleared the sale of 22 unmanned Guardian drones to India?
Answer – 1.US
The US has cleared the sale of 22 unmanned Guardian drones to India. This deal is being termed as a “game changer” ahead of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to Washington for his maiden meeting with President Donald Trump. The deal, estimated to be worth $2 to 3 billion, has been approved by the State Department.
- Which among the following e-commerce company has tied up with ClearTax to help sellers on their platform make a seamless transition to the GST regime and help them file their tax returns with ease?
Answer – 2.Amazon
ClearTax Biz and Cleartax Biz+, two softwares launched by ClearTax, will be available to the sellers free of cost for the first two months after sign-up. Subsequently, the software will be provided at a 30 per cent discount for sellers registered with Amazon India.
- On June 22, 2017, Union Cabinet was apprised about a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on cooperation in the peaceful uses of outer space between India and _____________
Answer – 3.Armenia
The MoU envisages cooperation between India and Armenia in Space science, technology and applications including remote sensing of the earth, Satellite communication and satellite based navigation, Space science and planetary exploration, Use of spacecraft and space systems and ground system and Application of space technology.
- On June 22, 2017, who among the following was conferred Biju Patnaik Award for Scientific Excellence for outstanding contribution to science and research?
4.Lalit Mohan Das
Answer – 4.Lalit Mohan Das
On June 22, 2017, Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik conferred the prestigious Biju Patnaik Award for Scientific Excellence to Lalit Mohan Das for his outstanding contribution to science and research. The chief minister also felicitated Pradeep Kumar Chand, Swati Mohanty and Ajay Parida with Samanta Chandra Sekhar award.
- On June 23, 2017, Indian Space Research Organisation’s (ISRO) launched
___________satellite and 30 nano satellites from Satish Dhawan Space Centre located at Srihrikota in Andhra Pradesh.
Answer – 5.Cartosat-2E
712 kg Cartosat-2E satellite and 30 nano satellites together, weighing about 243 kg were launched using ISRO’s Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSL-C38). Cartosat-2E is a remote sensing satellite and is similar in configuration to earlier satellites in the series. Its objective is to provide high-resolution scene specific spot imagery.
- Which State Government has announced the launch of a mobile app named ‘My Plant’, to help in recording data about tree plantations in the state on July 1, 2017?
Answer – 2.Maharashtra
Using this app, people and organisations can feed the data about the saplings they have planted with the forest department, which would help it in creating a database of trees. The forest department has set a target of planting four crore saplings through public participation between 1st to 7th July 2017.
- On June 23, 2017, Piyush Goyal, Union Minister of State (IC) for Power, Coal, New & Renewable Energy and Mines has launched a _______ Portal for Power Sector.
5.Man Power Portal
Answer – 3.Weather Portal
Piyush Goyal, Union Minister of State (IC) for Power, Coal, New & Renewable Energy and Mines has launched a Weather Portal for Power Sector in association with POSOCO and IMD on 23rd of June 2017. The information available in the Portal regarding weather forecast shall help State Discoms to take pro-active steps regarding short term and medium term management processes.
- On June 22, 2017, India created history after NASA launched the world’s lightest satellite, built by 18-year old Tamil Nadu student Rifath Sharook and his team. Named as Kalamsat, after former President APJ Abdul Kalam, the tiny satellite weighs around __________ grams.
Answer – 3.64 grams
The satellite was flown into the space in a NASA sounding rocket from a NASA facility in Wallops Island. With the launch of the satellite, India has created a global space record.
- Who among the following will become the first Indian woman to compete in the World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE)?
Answer – 3.Kavita Devi
Former competitive powerlifter Kavita Devi will become the first Indian woman to compete in the World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) when she takes part in the company’s first ever tournament for women next month. WWE announced that the South Asian Games gold medal winner, who was a part of the WWE Dubai tryout earlier this year, will be among the 32 participants who will compete at the Mae Young Classic tournament.
- On June 22, 2017, Union Cabinet gave its approval for signing a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for cooperation in Traditional Systems of Medicine and Homoeopathy with which neighbouring country?
Answer – 2.Sri Lanka
Union Cabinet has given its approval for signing a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for cooperation in Traditional Systems of Medicine and Homoeopathy between Ministry of AYUSH of the Government of Republic of India and the Ministry of Health, Nutrition and Indigenous Medicine of the Government of Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka.
- What was the theme of ‘International Widows Day’ 2017, observed on June 23, 2017?
1.Empowering Women for Greater Achievements
4.Enhancing Social Security for Widows
5.Widows’ Right to Happiness
Answer – 1.Empowering Women for Greater Achievements
To give special recognition to the situation of widows of all ages and across regions and cultures, the United Nations General Assembly decided to observe International Widows’ Day on 23 June each year. The abuse of widows and their children constitutes one of the most serious violations of human rights and obstacles to development today. Millions of the world’s widows endure extreme poverty, ostracism, violence, homelessness, ill health and discrimination in law and custom.
- What was the theme of ‘UN Public Service Day’ celebrated on June 23, 2017?
1.The Future is Now
2.Public Service as a Career
3.Public Service for Inclusive Growth
4.Public Service for Sustainable Development
5.Public Service and Use of Technology
Answer – 1.The Future is Now
The UN General Assembly has designated 23 June as Public Service Day. The UN Public Service Day celebrates the value and virtue of public service to the community; highlights the contribution of public service in the development process; recognizes the work of public servants, and encourages young people to pursue careers in the public sector.
- ‘International Olympic Day’ is celebrated on which date every year?
Answer – 3.23rd June
This day was introduced in 1948 to commemorate the birth of the modern Olympic Games on 23 June 1894 at the Sorbonne in Paris. The goal of this day is to promote participation in sport across the globe regardless of age, gender or athletic ability.
- On June 22, 2017, who among the following took oath as Bihar Governor (additional charge)?
1.Om Prakash Kohli
2.Keshri Nath Tripathi
3.V P Singh Badnore
Answer – 2.Keshri Nath Tripathi
The Patna High Court Chief Justice Rajendra Menon administered the oath to Mr Tripathi at a function in Patna. Prominent among those who attended the ceremony were Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, Deputy Chief Minister Tejashwi Prasad Yadav and Assembly Speaker Vijay Kumar Choudhary.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.