AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs June 22 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
Click Here to Read Current Affairs June 22 2018
- On June 22, 2018, Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone of Vanijya Bhawan, a new office complex for which Department of the Government of India, in New Delhi?
3.Department of Meteorology
4.Science and Technology
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Commerce Department
It is being built on a plot of 4.33 acres, belonging to Directorate General of Supplies and Disposals (DGS&D), at the junction of Akbar and Man Singh Roads. It has an area of 19233.745 sq. meters. It will accommodate about 1000 officers and staff. It will be a completely paperless office with state of the art facilities such as smart access control, central air-conditioning, video conferencing, and completely networked systems. More than 56% of the 214 trees on the plot are either being left untouched or are being replanted .About 70% of the big trees have been saved. 230 new trees are also being planted on the same plot.
- On June 22, 2018, Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated a nature center on the 4th International Day of Yoga at ____?
1.New York City, United States
2.London, United Kingdom
4.Columbo, Sri Lanka
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.New York City, United States
The centre is called ‘YO1 Nature Cure Center’. YO1, which means youthful in Sanskrit, is the first of its kind nature cure center in America. It is situated in Catskills area of New York. A state-of-art facility and will be a wellness destination that will offer therapies based on ancient Indian Yoga and Pranayam. It has been founded by The centre, founded by Rajya Sabha MP and Essel Group Chairman Subhash Chandra.
- On June 22, 2018, The Ministry of Human Resource Development approved setting up an inter-university yoga centre at Swami Vivekananda Yoga Anusandhana Samsthana in _____?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Bengaluru
On June 22, 2018, The Ministry of Human Resource Development approved setting up an inter-university yoga centre at Swami Vivekananda Yoga Anusandhana Samsthana in Bengaluru. The announcement was made by Union HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar on the fourth International Yoga Day.
- On June 22, 2018, The Centre of Excellence in Maritime & Shipbuilding (CEMS), in a seminar named Competencies, Employability, Methodology and Skills organized by CEMS in Mumbai has announced setting up of how many labs in India?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.24
This is Promoted by Indian Register of Shipping (IRClass) in partnership with Siemens and support from Sagarmala, Ministry of Shipping. The labs are being set up for Product Design & Validation, Advance Manufacturing, Hull Design, Automation, Welding Technology, Robotics, Virtual Reality, Advance Machine & Robotics, Electrical and others. This will deploy skill development through engineering and technical skills in the areas of Ship Hull Design, Ship Detailed Design, Shipbuilding &Maintenance, Repair & Overhaul (MRO), Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), and advanced digital manufacturing-factory concepts.
- On June 22, 2018, Haryana Finance Minister Capt Abhimanyu revised allowances in various categories on the basis of recommendations of 7th Central Pay Commission, effective from May 1, 2018. Special Allowance for Child Care to differently-abled female government employees (40 per cent disability and above as certified) is _____ per month per child?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Rs 1500
Revision of the existing rate of Children Education Allowance to Rs 1,125 from 750 per month per eligible child, limited to first two children. The state government has introduced Special Allowance for Child Care to differently-abled female government employees (40 per cent disability and above as certified) where it would be of Rs 1,500 per month per child. Revised the pay structure to the doctors working in the Health Department, Animal Husbandry and Dairy Development Department and Ayush Department. The sum of the Pay+ NPA would not exceed Rs 2,24,550 per month.
- On June 22, 2018, The first India-US ‘2+2 dialogue’ will be held on July 6, 2018, in _____?
1.New York, United States
2.Washington, United States
3.New Delhi, India
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Washington, United States
On June 22, 2018, The first India-US ‘2+2 dialogue’ will be held on July 6 and External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj and Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman will lead from the Indian side and US Secretary of State Michael R Pompeo and Secretary of Defence James N Mattis from the US side. This meeting aims to focus on strategic and security ties and exchange views on a range of bilateral, regional and global issues of mutual interest. This new dialogue format was agreed upon between the two sides during the visit of Prime Minister Narendra Modi to Washington in June 2017.
- On June 22, 2018, which bank featured at 60th rank in the BrandZ Top 100 Most Valuable Global Brands ranking?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.HDFC Bank
On June 22, 2018, HDFC Bank, has featured at 60th rank in the BrandZ Top 100 Most Valuable Global Brands ranking. The brand value of HDFC Bank at $20.9 billion, up 22%. Google and Appleretained the number 1 and 2 spots in the rankings, followed by Amazon, which moved into the #3 position ahead of Microsoft.
- Which Ministry has received the ‘Best Performing Social Sector Ministry’ SKOCH Award for its Achievements and Initiatives in the last 4 years?
1.Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
2.Ministry of Women & Child Development
3.Ministry of Science and Technology
4.Ministry of Railways
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Ministry of Women & Child Development
Under the leadership of the Prime Minister, flagship schemes like Beti Bachao Beti Padhao has achieved huge success within a very short period of time. It includes 6 months maternity leave, Sexual Harassment at Work Place Act, SHe-box, One stop centres, Universal Women help line (181), 33 per cent reservation in police. Foundation of Sakhi Suraksha Advanced DNA Forensic Laboratory was laid in Chandigarh and also 5 more advanced forensic labs would come up in Guwahati, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Pune and Bhopal. The special forensic kits for rape cases will be provided to all police stations and hospitals.The funds for these kits will be provided from Nirbhaya Fund.
- On June 22, 2018, The Ministry of HRD has issued fresh guidelines for a new initiative of Selection of Teachers for National Awards. Teachers earlier had to send their entries to the State government but now can directly send them for National Awards for Teachers. The overall maximum number of nomination allowed across all states/UTs/Organizations is _____?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.145
Teachers would be marked upon criterias like : initiatives to improve learning outcomes, innovative experiments undertaken, organization of extra and co-curricular activities, use of Teaching Learning Material, social mobility, ensuring experiential learning, unique ways to ensure physical education to students etc. These criteria are given the weightage of 80 out of 100. For the application a portal would be developed and managed by Administrative Staff College of India (ASCI) assisted by CIET, NCERT under the overall supervision of MHRD. MHRD will bear the entire expenditure for development and maintenance of the portal.
- Who will be succeeding Sunil Bharti Mittal as ICC (International Chamber of Commerce) Chairman?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Paul Polman
On June 21 2018, Due to the completion of two-year tenure, Founder and Chairman of Bharti Enterprises, the Sunil Bharti Mittal will quit post. Mittal was the third business leader from India in the history of ICC to be appointed as the Chairman of ICC. Paul Polman, CEO of Unilever will succeed Sunil Mittal as ICC Chairman.Mittal will assume the role of ICC Honorary Chair from July 1, 2018. Ajay Banga, President and CEO MasterCard, has been appointed as the next ICC ‘First Vice-Chair’.
- Name the person who will be appointed as the Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM) governor for a term of five years from July 1, 2018 till June 30, 2023?
1.Datuk Nor Shamsiah Mohd Yunus
2.Hamas Sulthan Mohammed
3.Ameer Muhammad Fazal Khan
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Datuk Nor Shamsiah Mohd Yunus
Datuk Nor Shamsiah Mohd Yunus will be appointed as the Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM) governor for a term of five years from July 1, 2018 till June 30, 2023. She will be appointed as the Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM) governor for a term of five years from July 1, 2018 till June 30, 2023. She will replace Tan Sri Muhammad Ibrahim who resigned on June 15 2018.
- On June 22,2018, A team of scientists and engineers of Physical Research Laboratory (PRL) in _____ have discovered a sub-Saturn or super-Neptune sized planet around a Sun-like star. The planet will be known as EPIC 211945201b or K2-236b?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Ahmedabad
The planet discovered by the team led by Prof. Abhijit Chakraborty .The planet will be known as EPIC 211945201b or K2-236b. The mass of the new planet is about 27 Earth mass and its size about of six Earth radii. By measuring the mass of the planet using the indigenously designed “PRL Advance Radial-velocity Abu-sky Search” (PARAS) spectrograph integrated with 1.2m Telescope at PRL’s Gurushikhar Observatory in Mount Abu, India. Only 23 such planetary systems are known to this date with masses between 10 and 70 Earth mass and size of 4 to 8 Earth radii with such precise measurement of mass. This discovery is critical for understanding the formation mechanism of super-Neptune or sub-Saturn planets that lie too close to the host star and other planet formations around large stars.
- Who was honored as the Sportsperson of the Year for 2017 by the Sports Illustrated India magazine at the Roseate House, Aerocity in New Delhi, on 21st June 2018?
1.P V Sindhu
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Kidambi Srikanth
Team of the Year Women’s Cricket Team Coach of the Year Stephen Constantine Editor’s Choice for Excellence (Team) Aizawl FC Editor’s Choice for Excellence (Male) Jitu Rai Young Sportsperson of the Year Manav Vikas Thakkar Community Development in Sport Sailen Tudu Comeback of the Year Sushil Kumar Gamechanger of the Year Shubhankar Sharma Outstanding Contribution to Sport Leander Paes Lifetime Achievement Award Dhanraj Pillay Special Award Living Legend Balbir Singh Sr. Sportsperson Of The Year Kidambi Srikanth
- On June 21 2018, which country set a new one-day international world record total of 481/6 in cricket and defeat Australia by 242 runs at Trent Bridge?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.England
On June 21 2018 ,England set a new one-day international world record total of 481/6 and defeat Australia by 242 runs at Trent Bridge. The victory gave the England to hosts 2019 World Cup. England was 3-0 lead in the five-match series. Captain Eoin Morgan became England’s highest ODI runscorer as the hosts set a towering total in the third match of the series.
- On June 21 2018, diplomat Jamsheed Marker passed away. He has been listed in the Guinness Book of World Records under the title of “World’s longest-serving ambassador. Which country did he belong to?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Pakistan
On June 21 2018,Veteran Pakistani diplomat and world record-holder Jamsheed Marker,95 passed away in Karachi. He has been listed in the Guinness Book of World Records under the title of “World’s longest-serving ambassador. He served as Pakistan’s top diplomat to the United States and more than a dozen other countries for over three decades.
- Name the 46 year old Gorilla that mastered sign language, passed away in California, on 20th June 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.KoKo
On June 20 2018, The 46-year-old western lowland gorilla,koko who mastered sign language at the foundation’s preserve in California’s Sana Cruz mountains. Koko was born at the San Francisco Zoo, and Dr. Francine Patterson began teaching the gorilla sign language that became part of a Stanford University project in 1974.
- Charles Krauthammer, a Pulitzer Prize-winner, has died at the age of 68. He was a ____?
4.None of these
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Columnist
On June 21 2018 Charles Krauthammer, the Pulitzer Prize-winning columnist and pundit who helped shape and occasionally dissented from the conservative movement as he evolved from “Great Society” Democrat to Iraq War cheerleader to denouncer of Donald Trump. He was being treated for a cancerous tumor in his abdomen.
i. Krauthammer is credited with coining the term “The Reagan Doctrine” for President Reagan’s policy of aiding anti-Communist movements worldwide.
ii. Krauthammer was a former Harvard medical student.He had wrote wide range of subjects in Time magazine, The New Republic and other publications.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Where is Kalesar National Park located?Haryana
- What is the tag line of IndusInd Bank?We make you feel richer
- Where is the headquarters of International Chamber of Commerce(ICC)?Paris, France
- Where is Mamallapuram a UNESCO heritage site located?Tamil Nadu
- Name the CEO of HDFC Bank?Aditya Puri
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification