AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz June 22 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Who among the following has been named as the first head of the UN’s newly established Counter terrorism Office?
Answer – 1.Vladimir Voronkov
On June 21, 2017, United Nations (UN)’s Secretary-General Antonio Guterres appointed a veteran Russian diplomat, Vladimir Voronkov, as the first head of the UN’s newly established Counter terrorism Office. Voronkov has over 30 years of experience with the Russian Foreign Service, working primarily within the UN.
- Which operation will be launched by Indian Railways to improve services in Rajdhani and Shatabdi Express trains?
5.’Operation New Look’
Answer – 2.’Operation Swarn’
‘Operation Swarn’ will be conducted in a phased manner. Under the first phase, the Mumbai-Delhi Rajdhani Express and Mumbai-Ahmedabad Shatabdi Express have been selected for upgradation, for which the work will start from September 2017. This operation will focus upon 10 key areas viz. punctuality, cleanliness, linen, coach interiors, toilets, catering, staff behaviour, security, entertainment, housekeeping and regular feedback.
- On June 22, 2017, which entity signed a MoU with Housing and Urban Development Corporation(HUDCO) for facilitating “Housing for All by 2022″?
1.Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO)
Answer – 1.Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO)
EPFO has amended EPF Scheme 1952 to provide assistance in acquiring affordable houses to the EPF members by allowing withdrawal from the provident fund to the extent of 90% of the total PF accumulation and also facilitating payment of instalment of housing loan.
- Which among the following has become third Indian State to be ‘Open Defecation Free’ (ODF)?
Answer – 4.Kerala
In a video posted on Facebook, Kerala Chief Minister P.Vijayan said the state government had constructed about 175,000 toilets in the last four months to make Kerala the first among the big states to claim ODF status. So far, two other states—Sikkim and Himachal Pradesh—have been able to officially declare themselves free from open defecation.
- On June 22, 2017, Health Ministry of which State Govt. launched the ‘Test and Treat Strategy’ to improve treatment for HIV affected people in the state?
Answer – 5.Mizoram
Under the ‘Test and Treat Strategy’, the HIV affected people would be given free Anti Retroviral Therapy (ART) irrespective of the CD4 count. The Test and Treat Strategy is a new initiative of the Centre to combat the HIV/AIDS disease.
- According to ‘World Population Prospects: The 2017 Revision’ released by United Nations on Jun 21, 2017, the population of India is expected to surpass that of China by year:
Answer – 1.2024Explanation :
The report said, in 2024, India and China are expected to have roughly a population of 1.44 billion each. After that, India’s population is projected to continue growing for several decades to around 1.5 billion in 2030 and approaching 1.66 billion in 2050, while the population of China is projected to remain stable until the 2030s, after which it may begin a slow decline.
- 2017 Biotechnology Innovation Organization (BIO) International Convention was held from 19th June to 22nd June, 2017 in:
Answer – 2.US
The Indian Pavilion at BIO International Convention & Exhibition 2017, San Diego, US was inaugurated by the Minister of State for Science & Technology and Earth Sciences, Y S Chowdary. The MAKE IN INDIA theme was emphasized in the Indian Pavilion.
- Which country will set up world’s first data embassy in Luxembourg?
Answer – 3.Estonia
Prime Minister of Estonia Juri Ratas and Prime Minister of Luxembourg Xavier Bettel have signed an agreement on housing data and information systems between the two countries. It will create the world’s first data embassy. The data embassy should start working at the beginning of 2018.
- Which country has launched a research project to compile historical data obtained during expeditions by its teams to the disputed South China Sea since the late 1950s?
Answer – 4.China
Researchers will collect and compile valuable data and materials obtained during China’s major ocean expeditions to the South China Sea and its affiliated islands and reefs.
- The government has permitted banks and post offices to deposit banned Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 notes with the Reserve Bank by which date?
1.July 10, 2017
2.July 20, 2017
3.July 30, 2017
4.August 10, 2017
5.August 20, 2017
Answer – 2.July 20, 2017
This is the second window the government has provided to banks, post offices and cooperative banks for depositing the junked notes with RBI. The earlier window was open till December 31, a day after the 50-day period of demonetisation of high value currency.
- Which International Financial Organisation has approved a loan assistance of 44 million dollars for the Assam State Public Finance Institutional Reforms (ASPIRe) Project?
1.International Monetary Fund
2.New Development Bank
4.Asian Development Bank
5.Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank
Answer – 3.World Bank
ASPIRe project aims at improving predictability and transparency in budget execution and efficiency in tax administration in Assam. All government departments and functionaries – especially finance, taxation and excise departments – will benefit immensely from this project.
- Which city has become the first city in India where one can have diesel delivered at the doorstep?
Answer – 5.Bengaluru
On June 15, 2017, ‘Mypetrolpump’, a one-year-old startup, conducted a soft launch with three delivery vehicles -each with a capacity of 950 litres. It has already delivered more than 5,000 litres of diesel. Diesel is delivered at the day’s running price with a fixed delivery charge.
- Who among the following has been selected for prestigious Queen’s Young Leaders Award with 60 others from all 53 Commonwealth countries?
Answer – 1.Ankit Kawatra
Ankit will be honoured by Queen Elizabeth II at a ceremony to be held in the Buckingham Palace, UK on June 29, 2017. The Queen’s Young Leader Award recognises and celebrates exceptional people aged 18-29 from across the Commonwealth, who are taking the lead in their communities and using their skills to transform lives.
- ‘Rheson’ is a fashion brand co-owned by which Bollywood actress?
Answer – 2.Sonam Kapoor
Actress Sonam Kapoor and her producer-sister Rhea Kapoor’s fashion label — Rheson has bagged the Compassionate Business Award from the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) India for a line of bags made exclusively of vegan materials.
- This year’s International Dublin Literary Award has been awarded to the Angolan writer Jose Eduardo Agualusa for his 14th novel, titled:
1.’A General Theory of Conspiracy’
2.’A General Theory of Deceit’
3.’A General Theory of Oblivion’
4.’A General Theory of Fame’
5.’A General Theory of Power’
Answer – 3.’A General Theory of Oblivion’
This year’s International Dublin Literary Award has been awarded to the Angolan writer Jose Eduardo Agualusa for his 14th novel, A General Theory of Oblivion , translated into English by Daniel Hahn. The Euro 100,000 prize is divided between author and translator, with Agualusa receiving Euro 75,000 and Hahn Euro 25,000.
- Post the recent shuffle in Central Bureaucracy, who among the following will be the next Home Secretary?
Answer – 4.Rajiv Gauba
Urban development secretary Rajiv Gauba will be the new home secretary after the completion of the tenure of Rajiv Mehrishi on August 30, 2017. Rajiv Gauba is a 1982-batch officer of the Jharkhand cadre and will join immediately as an officer on special duty (OSD) in the home ministry.
- Kenneth I Juster, is set to be _______ new ambassador to India
Answer – 4.US’s
62-year-old Juster, who is the Deputy Assistant to the US president for International Economic Affairs and Deputy Director of his National Economic Council, would replace Richard Verma if nominated and confirmed by the Senate.
- ______________ has been appointed as honorary Vice-President of a prominent medical body in UK, becoming the first professional from Indian community to be appointed to the post.
Answer – 2.Kailash Chand
Kailash Chand, a general practitioner (GP), has been associated with the British Medical Association (BMA), for nearly 25 years. He has worked in the UK’s state-run National Health Service (NHS) for nearly 40 years.
- Luke Ronchi has been associated with which sport?
Answer – 4.Cricket
New Zealand wicketkeeper-batsman Luke Ronchi has announced his retirement from international cricket. He started his career at the highest stage with Australia in 2008, featuring in four ODIs and three T20Is, before moving back to the country of his birth – New Zealand in 2012.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.