AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs June 21 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Name the country with India held the 10th Meeting of the Joint Working Group on Counter-Terrorism at New Delhi on June 18, 2018.
2. United Kingdom
5. SpainAnswer – 3. Australia
India and Australia held the 10th Meeting of the Joint Working Group on Counter-Terrorism at New Delhi on June 18, 2018. It was led by Shri Mahaveer Singhvi, Joint Secretary (Counter Terrorism) while the Australian delegation was led by Mr. Paul Foley, Ambassador for Counter-Terrorism.
- Which country’s counterpart has met Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare Shri Radha Mohan Singh for new partnership in agriculture sector?
3. Sri Lanka
5. JapanAnswer – 4. Nepal
On June 21, 2018, Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare Shri Radha Mohan Singh met Mr. Chakra Pani Khanal, Minister for Agriculture, Land Management and Cooperatives of Nepal in Ministerial meeting of India-Nepal “New Partnership in Agriculture” in New Delhi and assured him of India’s support to further Nepal’s agriculture sector.
- World’s first International Centre for Humanitarian Forensics launched in ____________.
5. OdishaAnswer – 2. Gujarat
On June 21, 2018, The world’s first International Centre for Humanitarian Forensics was launched in Gandhinagar, Gujarat.The centre will provide forensics for humanitarian services in times of disaster and emergencies.It will work on proper management of dead bodies in times of emergencies and their identification.
- Where did 7th India Minerals and Metals forum inaugurate on June 21 2018?
4. New Delhi
5. KolkattaAnswer – 4. New Delhi
On June 21, 2018, 7th India Minerals and Metals forum was inaugurated in New Delhi. The forum seeks to come up with solutions to consolidate small players for strengthening of overall health of the industry.
- On June 19, 2018, The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) has declared medium- and long-term targets 5 GW by 2022 and 30 GW by 2030 for offshore wind power capacity addition. Where is the largest wind farm of India located?
1. Brahmanvel Wind Farm Dhule, Maharashtra
2. Muppandal Windfarm Kanyakumari, Tamil Nadu
3. Jaisalmer Wind Park, Rajasthan
4. Damanjodi Wind Farm, Odisha
5. Tuppadahalli Wind Farm , KarnatakaAnswer – 2. Muppandal Windfarm Kanyakumari, Tamil Nadu
Muppandal is located in Kanyakumari District of Tamil Nadu .It uses wind from the Arabian Sea to produce renewable energy with the total capacity of 1500MW which is the largest in India.
- Which state Government announced Wind-Solar Hybrid Power Policy-2018?
5.GujaratAnswer – 5.Gujarat
On 20th June 2018, the Gujarat government announced ‘Wind-Solar Hybrid Power Policy-2018’ to encourage setting up of wind and solar power projects at one location.This policy has been introduced to bring out optimal use of land and transmission infrastructure. This policy will be in act for 5 years.
- I-Hariyali App Launched by _________Govt.
5.GujaratAnswer – 1.Punjab
As a part of the strategy formulated under Mission Tandarust Punjab to ensure clean, green, healthy and robust Punjab with the active participation of the masses, the Punjab government launched ‘i-Hariyali’ app. The main characteristic of the ‘i-Hariyali’ app is that any resident of the state can book a sapling of his/her choice sitting at home with the click of a button.
- Under which union ministry special turmeric cell to be set up in Nizamabad, Telengana on improve ‘curcumin’ chemical?
1. Statistics and Programme Implementation
2. Health and Family Welfare
3. Commerce and Industry
4. Agriculture and Farmers Welfare
5. Urban developmentRural Development, Panchayati Raj, MinesAnswer – 3. Commerce and Industry
On June 19, 2018, The Union Commerce Ministry to set up a special cell for turmeric in Nizamabad, Telengana.A one-day turmeric workshop on ‘Production and export promotion of turmeric’ in Telangana attended by farmers, scientists, elected representatives and others.
- Where does the Union Minister of State for Home Affairs, Shri Hansraj Gangaram Ahir inaugurate the 2 day 19th All India Conference of Directors of Finger Prints Bureau?
1. New Delhi
5. MumbaiAnswer – 3. Hyderabad
On June 21, 2018, Union Minister of State for Home Affairs, Shri Hansraj Gangaram Ahir inaugurated the 19th all India Conference of Directors of Finger Prints Bureau in Hyderabad .Two books entitled ‘Compendium of Fingerprint equipment 2018” & ‘Award of excellence in FP identification / science competition –compilation of cases’ were released during the Conference.
- Shri RK Singh inaugurates ________ solar plant by Delhi Sikh Gurdwara Management Committee (DSGMC) at Gurdwara Rakab Ganj Sahib.
5. 1500kWPAnswer – 5. 1500kWP
On June 21, 2018, Shri R.K Singh, Minister of State(IC) for Power and New & Renewable Energy was the chief guest in the inauguration of 1500 kWP capacity solar plant developed by Delhi Sikh Gurdwara Management Committee (DSGMC) at the Gurdwara Rakab Ganj Sahib.The solar plant was inaugurated by Sant Balbir Singh Ji Seechewal and Baba Sewa Singh Ji.
- Which state Govt. launches ‘Muttathe Mulla’ scheme to offer micro loans at low interest rates in the cooperative sector?
5. BiharAnswer – 3. Kerala
On June 21, 2018, The Kerala Governement launhed an ambitious micro-finance programme in the co-operative sector to help ordinary people who are being exploited by private financiers charging exorbitant interest rates for loans.It is a joint initiative of cooperative banks and Kudumbashree (women neighbourhood network ). They have launched the proposed scheme, titled ‘Muttathe Mulla’.
- Where Conference on “International Decade for Action: Water for Sustainable Development 2018-2028” held from June 20-21 2018?
5. KazakhstanAnswer – 4. Tajikistan
On June 21, 2018, The Conference on “International Decade for Action: Water for Sustainable Development 2018-2028” is being held in Kokhi Somon venue, Dushanbe, Tajikistan on 20 to 21 June 2018 . The Conference is organized by the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan in cooperation with the UNDESA, UN-Water and other partners.
- India has hiked customs duty on 29 products, including Bengal gram, lentils and artemia, imported from the ________.
4. United States
5. United KingdomAnswer – 4. United States
On June 21, 2018,The finance ministry announced that India has hiked customs duty on several goods, including Bengal gram, lentils and artemia, imported from the US.
i. The move was against the duty hike by the US on certain steel and aluminium products which had tariff implication of $241 million on India.
- Name the entity which announces $4.26 mn grant to NGO WaterAid for communities of Karnataka, Andhra and Kerala by Dec of 2020.
5. kellog’sAnswer – 1.Pepsico
n June 21, 2018, The PepsiCo Foundation announced a USD 4.26 million grant to an international non-profit organisation WaterAid to provide safe water access to communities in Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Kerala by December 2020.
This adds to the USD 17 million that the Foundation has made in India to date.
- Which city has acquired best city award for showing great momentum in implementation of projects especially in the categories of urban environment, transport and mobility and sustainable integrated development Under ‘India Smart Cities Award’ 2018?
5. IndoreAnswer – 3. Surat
On June 21, 2018, under the India Smart Cities Awards, which was launched on June 25, 2017 by Hon’ble Housing and Urban Affairs Minister, nine awards in three categories, i.e., Project Award, Innovative Idea Award and City Award had been announced. The city award is being given to Surat for showing great momentum in implementation of projects especially in the categories of urban environment, transport and mobility and sustainable integrated development.The City Award was decided based on cities’ performance on their Awards Score and on Weekly Ranking score as on 2 May 2018
- To which bank the State Bank of India’s Managing Director B Sriram was appointed as the MD and CEO for a temporary term of 3 months on 21st June 2018?
2.Punjab National Bank
5. HDFCAnswer – 4.IDBI
On 21st June 2018, State Bank of India’s Managing Director B Sriram was appointed as the MD and CEO of IDBI Bank for a temporary term of 3 months.B.Sriram has been appointed in place of incumbent Mahesh Kumar Jain. Mahesh Kumar Jain was made Deputy Governor of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) recently.
- Armstrong Changsan appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the _________.
2. Republic of Iceland
5. Republic of IrelandAnswer – 2. Republic of Iceland
On 20th June 2018, T. Armstrong Changsan was appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Iceland.T. Armstrong Changsan is an Indian Foreign Service Officer (IFS) of the 1997 batch. At present, he is Consul General, Consulate General of India, Osaka-Kobe.
- Golfer Peter Thomson also called “the thinking man’s golfer” dies at 88 belongs to which country?
1. United States
4. New Zealand
5. AustraliaAnswer – 5. Australia
On 20th June 2018, Australian golfer Peter Thomson, passed away after fighting Parkinson’s disease, at his residence in Melbourne, Australia.Peter Thomson was 88 years old. He was the first Australian to win the British Open.The World Golf Hall of Fame named him “the thinking man’s golfer”.
- On 21st June 2018, ________was celebrated all over the world.
1. World Music Day
2. World Ocean Day
3. World Milk Day
4. World Day against Child Labour
5. World Day of Innocent Children Victims of AggressionAnswer – 1. World Music Day
World Music Day is also known as Fête de la Musique or Make Music Day.
It is celebrated every year on 21 June. On Music Day people play music in public areas. Free concerts are also organized.These celebrations were initiated by the French Minister of Culture, Jack Lang, and by Maurice Fleuret. It was first celebrated in Paris in 1982. This day is celebrated in 120 countries throughout the world.
- On 21st June 2018, 4th International Yoga Day was celebrated all over the world. The theme for International Yoga Day 2018 is: ________.
1. “Yoga for power”
2. “Yoga for peace”
3. “Yoga for fit”
4. “Yoga for healthy life”
5. “Yoga for relax”Answer – 2. “Yoga for peace”
The main event of 4th International Yoga Day celebrations (IDY-2018) was held at Forest Research Institute in Dehradun, Uttrakhand.Prime Minister Narendra Modi participated in the event at Dehradun. Nearly 50,000 people took part in the activities there.The first International Day of Yoga was celebrated in 2015. The idea of International Day of Yoga was first proposed by Narendra Modi during his speech at the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) on 27 September 2014. The theme for International Yoga Day 2018 is: “Yoga for peace”. Yoga demonstrations were also held in several foreign countries.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Lakhwar Dam has been situated in which river?Yamuna River
- S in SIPRI?Stockholm International Peace Research Institute
- Where is the headquarters of IDBI located?Mumbai
- ”One Family One Bank” is a tagline of which Bank?Bank of Maharashtra
- Who is the CEO of Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI)About Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI)?Rahul Johri