AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz June 21 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Which among the following, has become the first city in India to use robot to control unruly traffic?
Answer – 2.Indore
Indore has become the first city in India where a robot is being used on an experimental basis to control its ever growing and unruly traffic. The traffic police in association with a private engineering college of the city for the first time installed a metallic robot at a busy MR 9 intersection on an experimental basis to control the chaotic traffic in the locality.
- According to Mercer’s 23rd Annual Cost of Living Survey, which is the most expensive city for expatriates in India?
Answer – 1.Mumbai
Mumbai has moved 25 notches up from being at 82 in 2016 while New Delhi is at 99 in 2017 from 130 in 2016, Chennai (135 this year from 158 in 2016), Bengaluru (to 166 from 180) and Kolkata (to 184 from 194).
- Which country has recently unveiled world’s first train that operates on a virtual trackusing sensor technology instead of metal rails?
Answer – 4.China
China has unveiled world’s first train that operates on a virtual track using sensor technology instead of metal rails. This Autonomous Rail Rapid Transit (ART) has been developed by China’s CRRC Zhuzhou Institute. Instead of railway tracks, the train runs on rubber tyres.
- According to data released by Reserve Bank of India, Banks’ creditgrowth grew at ____%in the fortnight ended June 9, 2017?
Answer – 5.6.02%
According to data released by Reserve Bank of India, Banks’ credit growth grew at 6.02% to Rs 76,58,212 crore in the fortnight ended June 9. 2017 from Rs 72,22,939 crore in the same period of fiscal 2016. Credit growth was slightly higher than the previous fortnight ended on May 26, 2017.
- Which bank in association with Kochi Metro Rail Corporation (KMRL) has launched ‘Kochi1’ Card, that is India’s first open loop EMV contactless metro card?
5.Kotak Mahindra Bank
Answer – 1.Axis Bank
Axis Bank in association with Kochi Metro Rail Corporation (KMRL) has launched KMRL Axis Bank ‘Kochi1’ Card, India’s first open loop EMV contactless metro card that would make travel a convenient and hassle free experience for commuters in Kochi.
- Economic think-tank NCAER has revised up its projection for the India’s economic growth to _________% for the current fiscal
Answer – 2.7.6%
Economic think-tank NCAER has revised up its projection for the country’s economic growth to 7.6 per cent for the current fiscal, compared with the earlier prediction of 7.3 per cent on forecast of normal monsoon.
- India’s GDP growth will steadily rise from 7.4% to 7.5% in 2018-19 and to 7.6% in 2019-20, according to:
2.International Monetary Fund
4.Standard & Poor’s
5.Moody’s Investors Service
Answer – 3.Fitch Ratings
India’s GDP growth will steadily rise from 7.4% to 7.5% in 2018-19 and to 7.6% in 2019-20, according to Fitch Ratings, which said growth would be boosted by the goods and services tax, increased public spending on infrastructure, and a supportive monetary policy over the last two years.
- Sainj Hydro Power project is located in which Indian state?
3.Jammu & Kashmir
Answer – 4.Himachal Pradesh
On June 20, 2017, the first 50 MW unit of 100 MW Sainj Hydro Power project of Himachal Pradesh Power Corporation Limited (HPPCL) was commissioned and synchronised with northern grid through Parvati-Kol Dam transmission line.
- Which Indian company has inked a strategic partnership with Yugoimport, a Serbian state-owned company, to manufacture ammunition in India?
5.Tata Advanced Systems
Answer – 1.Reliace Defence
Reliance Defence Ammunition, a wholly owned subsidiary of Reliance Infrastructure, and Yugoimport, a Serbian state-owned company, have inked a strategic partnership to manufacture ammunition in India. The partnership aims to target a business opportunity estimated at Rs.20,000 crore over the next 10 years.
- Indian agricultural microbiologist Shrihari Chandraghatgi has been conferred an award by Environment Ministry of which country for developing cutting edge technologies to address burning environmental problems?
Answer – 2.Japan
The Ministry of Environment Award is the highest honour given in the environmental sector every year jointly by the Ministry of Environment, Japan, National Institute for Environmental Studies (NIES), Japan and The Nikkan Kogyo Shinbun (a media group). Chandraghatgi, who is President and CEO of EcoCycle Corporation, is the first foreigner to be given the Ministry of Environment Award, the highest award in environmental sector in Japan.
- Which among the following has been adjudged as the Best Airline at 2017 World Airline Awards?
Answer – 3.Qatar Airways
The 2017 World Airline Awards, organised by Skytrax, put Qatar Airways on top of the podium, ahead of Singapore Airlines and ANA All Nippon Airways. Last year’s topper Emirates has slipped to No.4 position.
- Jeevandas Narayan has been appointed as the Managing Director of:
1.Aaditya Birla Housing Finance
2.Bajaj Housing Finance
3.Dewan Housing Finance Corporation
4.Manappuram Home Finance
5.Edelweiss Housing Finance
Answer – 4.Manappuram Home Finance
On June 21, 2017, Manappuram Finance announced the appointment of Jeevandas Narayan as the Managing Director and Subhash Samant as CEO of its fully-owned home loans subsidiary, Manappuram Home Finance.
- Travis Kalanick was associated with which company?
Answer – 4.Uber
On June 20, 2017, Travis Kalanick stepped down as chief executive of Uber, the ride-hailing service that he helped found in 2009 and built into a transportation colossus, after a shareholder revolt made it untenable for him to stay on at the company.
- Mohammed bin Salman has been named as the crown price of:
Answer – 2.Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia named Mohammed bin Salman, the king’s son and the country’s defense minister, to be next in line in to the throne. The 31-year-old replaces Muhammad bin Nayef as the heir apparent to King Salman who assumed the throne in January 2015.
- Over the weekend of June 17-18, 2017, National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)engineers, for the first time tested the effectiveness of ‘ROSA’ on space station that could be used to power satellites and spacecrafts in future. Abbreviation ROSA stands for:
1.Roll-Out Solar Arc
2.Ramp-Out Solar Array
3.Ramp-Out Solar Arc
4.Rol-Out Solar Array
5.Rise-Out Solar Array
Answer – 4.Roll-Out Solar Array
The Roll-Out Solar Array, or ROSA is an advanced, flexible solar array that rolls out like a tape measure and can be easily adapted to different sizes, including very large arrays, to provide power for a variety of future spacecraft.
- International Cricket Council has announced that the winning team of upcoming Women’s World Cup in England will bag prize money of USD:
Answer – 4.USD 660000
Ahead of the upcoming Women’s World Cup in England, the International Cricket Council announced that the winning team will bag a handy prize money of USD 660,000. In the tournament, eight teams will be playing for the coveted championship. The tournament will be played from June 24 to July 23.
- On June 20, 2017, who among the following has stepped down as Head Coach for the Senior India Men’s Cricket team?
Answer – 3.Anil Kumble
Anil Kumble informed the BCCI on June 20, 2017 that he wasn’t willing to continue as India coach after skipper Virat Kohli expressed reservations with his “style” and about him continuing as the head coach.
- __________, one of the five sisters who transformed the family leather goods business into a global luxury fashion house passed away on June 20, 2017.
Answer – 2.Carla Fendi
Carla Fendi, one of the five sisters who transformed the family leather goods business into a global luxury fashion house passed away on June 20, 2017 following a long illness. She was 79.
- Baldwin Lonsdale, who passed away on June 16, 2017, was the President of:
Answer – 1.Vanuatu
President Baldwin Lonsdale was elected in September 2014, the first from Torba Province. He oversaw the vast rebuilding of parts of Vanuatu after Cyclone Pam left an estimated 75,000 people homeless in March 2015.
- Amrit Pal, who passed away on June 19, 2017, was a veteran:
Answer – 2.Bollywood Actor
Amrit Pal had acted in more than 100 films, he started his career in Bollywood with a Hindi film called Jaal as a villain. The film’s starcast included Jeetendra, Mithun Chakraborty, Rekha, Moon Moon Sen and Mandakini in the lead roles. Pal, who mainly did negative roles on screen, shared screen space with superstars like Vinod Khanna, Anil Kapoor, and Dharmendra in films like Kasam, Pyar Ke Do Pal and Farishtey.
- What was the theme of ‘International Yoga Day’ 2017, celebrated in June 21, 2017?
1.’Yoga for Long Life’
2.’Yoga for Mental Peace’
3.’Yoga for Health’
4.’Yoga for Stress Management’
5.‘Yoga and Spiritualism’
Answer – 3.’Yoga for Health’
3rd edition of International Yoga Day was celebrated across India on June 21, 2017 with several government and private institutions organising yoga events for the masses. This year, Prime Minister Narendra Modi was in Lucknow where he performed yoga along with Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath and 51,000 participants at Ramabhai Ambedkar Sabha Sthal.
- On June 21, 2017, over 8000 school children in which city formed the “longest yoga chain” to create a new world record.
Answer – 1.Mysuru
On June 21, 2017, more than 8,000 school children formed the “longest yoga chain” in front of the iconic Mysuru Palace in Karnataka to create a new world record. More than 44 schools across Mysuru took part in the record-breaking attempt that saw participation by 8387 students.
- ‘World Music Day’ is celebrated on which date every year?
Answer – 3.21st June
The Fête de la Musique, also known as Music Day, Make Music Day or World Music Day, is an annual music celebration taking place on 21 June. The concept of an all-day musical celebration on the days of the solstice was originated by the French Minister of Culture, Jack Lang. The festival later became celebrated in 120 countries around the world.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.