AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz June 19 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Which among the following has become first Indian building to get itself trade marked?
2.Taj Mahal Palace
Answer – 2.Taj Mahal Palace
114-year old Taj Palace (also referred to as Taj Mahal Palace) in Mumbai has become first Indian building to get itself trademarked, thereby joining the elite and small club of trademarked properties in the world which includes the Empire State Building in New York, the Eiffel Tower in Paris and Sydney Opera House.
- On June 19, 2017, Piyush Goyal, Minister of State (IC) for Power, Coal, New and Renewable Energy and Mines launched the ECBC 2017 which prescribes the energy performance standards for new commercial buildings to be constructed across India. Abbreviation ECBC stands for:
1.Energy Conservation Building Code 2017
2.Estimated Conservation Building Code 2017
3.Energy Costing Building Code 2017
4.Estimated Costing Building Code 2017
5.Energy Conversion Building Code 2017
Answer – 1.Energy Conservation Building Code 2017
ECBC 2017 aims to optimise energy savings with the comfort levels for occupants, and prefers life-cycle cost effectiveness to achieve energy neutrality in commercial buildings. ECBC 2017 has been developed by Ministry of Power and Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) with technical support from United States Agency for International Development (USAID) under the U.S. – India bilateral Partnership to Advance Clean Energy – Deployment Technical Assistance (PACE-D TA) Program.
- On June 17, 2017, Minister of Culture & Tourism Mahesh Sharma(Independent Charge) launched the implementation of the National Mission on Cultural Mapping of India in which district of Uttar Pradesh?
Answer – 3.Mathura
In the year of commemoration of the birth centenary of Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyay, who hailed from Mathura district in Uttar Pradesh, the Ministry of Culture, Government of India launched the implementation of the ‘‘National Mission on Cultural Mapping of India” at Goverdhan Block, Mathura District, Uttar Pradesh in a day long, Block level mega talent hunt programme (Sanskritik Pratibha Khoj Samaroh) on 17th June, 2017.
- As per a report by UNHCR, how many people were forcibly displaced worldwide by the end of 2016?
Answer – 4.65.6 million
According to the UNHCR’s annual Global Trends survey, a record 65.6 million people were forcibly displaced worldwide by the end of 2016. The figure — 300,000 more than in 2015 — consists of more than 40.3 million internally displaced people, 22.5 million refugees and 2.8 million asylum seekers.
- On June 19, 2017, which Asian country ratified the United Nations Customs Convention on International Transport of Goods under cover of TIR Carnets?
Answer – 1.India
In a bid to ensure a secured supply chain and boost trade, Indian Government has ratified the United Nations TIR (Transports Internationaux Routiers) Convention on June 19, 2017. This convention is also called Customs Convention on International Transport of Goods under cover of TIR Carnets.
- Which country has announced online visa applications for Indians from July 1, 2017?
Answer – 2.Australia
The Australian government announced that Indian nationals can apply for a visitor visa online starting July 1, 2017. Australia’s assistant minister for Immigration and Border Protection, Alex Hawke, said the online application option would make applying for the country’s visitor visas easier and enhance the experience for Indians.
- Vedanta group and Jharkhand State Mineral Development Corporation (JSMDC) have signed a MoU to jointly set up a steel plant in which district of Jharkhand?
Answer – 4.West Singhbhum
Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das said, The Vedanta group and Jharkhand State Mineral Development Corporation (JSMDC) would jointly set up a steel plant at Manoharpur in West Singhbhum district, Jharkhand.
- Online financial services marketplace BankBazaar has said it is beginning operations in ____, strengthening its presence in South East Asia.
Answer – 1.Malaysia
In line with this vision to expand its foothold across South East Asia, BankBazaar announced an investment of Rs. 5 crore in the Malaysian market and an additional Rs. 10 crore in its Singapore business. As part of its international expansion strategy, the company also plans to begin its operations across Australia, Hong Kong, UAE and the Philippines over the next couple of years.
- The defence arm of which group has signed an agreement with American firm Lockheed Martin to produce and export new generation F-16 fighter aircraft?
3.Relaince Group (Mukesh Ambani)
4.Relaince Group (Anil Ambani)
5.Larsen & Toubro
Answer –1.Tata Group
The deal, signed at the Paris Air Show, is subject to the condition that the F-16 Block 70 fighter jet emerges as the winner of an Indian Air Force competition to procure more than 100 single-engine fighters.
- Which Bollywood actor has been roped in by Government to promote Goods and Services Tax (GST), ahead of the sweeping tax reform’s implementation scheduled from July 1, 2017?
1.Shah Rukh Khan
Answer –3.Amitabh Bachchan
In the video, Bachchan will explain GST as a unifying force just like the three colours in the national flag. GST is an initiative to create ‘one nation, one tax, one market.
- On June 19, 2017, India’s Mars Orbiter Mission (MOM), also referred to as Mangalyaan, completed ________ Earth days in Martian orbit
Answer – 5.1000
The designed mission life of Mangalyaan was six months. Thus it has outlived its original lifespan by 5 times. During these 1000 days, MOM has orbited Mars 388 times and has relayed back enormous data including over 715 images.
- On June 19, 2017, Minister for Science & Technology, Dr. Harshvardhan launched which Mobile App in New Delhi?
2.“Yoga for Life”
3.“Yoga for Health”
5.“Yoga and Society”
Answer – 1.“Celebrating Yoga”
This mobile app has been developed by Department of Science & Technology, Ministry of Science & Technology on the occasion of International Yoga Day 2017. The purpose of the APP is to popularise Yoga and encourage people to participate in it for a scientifically healthy living.
- Which country is planning to send mini-ecosystems – containing potato seeds and silkworm eggs – to the Moon next year, in an attempt to study how the organisms develop on the lunar surface?
Answer – 2.China
The 3-kilogramme mini-ecosystem, developed by research teams led by Chongqing University in China, will be sent to the Moon by the Chang’e 4 scheduled to be launched in 2018. An 18-centimetre-tall cylinder will carry potato seeds and silkworm eggs to be incubated.
- Who among the following was declared ‘Man of the Tournament’ for ICC Champions Trophy 2017?
Answer – 4.Hasan Ali
On June 18, 2017, Pakistan beat India by 180 runs, to win ICC Champions Trophy 2017. The final match was held in Birminghan, London. Pakistan has made a history as they have won the ICC Champions Trophy for the first time ever.
- Wrestlers from which country have won the 2017 Junior Asian Championships title?
Answer – 3.Iran
The Iranian wrestlers won 7 medals (three gold, two silver and two bronze) and 69 points to win the Junior Asian Championships title. Wrestlers from Uzbekistan notched 67 points to rank second, and were followed by Kazakhstan who scored 53 points.
- Who among the following has won Indonesia Open 2017 Super Series Badminton tournament in men’s singles category?
Answer – 3.Kidambi Srikanth
Indonesia Open 2017 Super Series Badminton tournament was held from 12th to 18th June 2017, in Jakarta, Indonesia. Indian badminton player Kidambi Srikanth won his third Super Series title, lifting the Indonesia Open men’s singles trophy.
- Ramakrishna Mission President Swami Atmasthananda Maharaj passed away on 18th of June 2017. Headquarters of Ramkrishna Mission is located in:
Answer – 4.Belur
Swami Atmasthananda Maharaj, President of the Belur- headquartered Ramakrishna Math and Mission, died of age-related ailments in Ramakrishna Mission Seva Pratishthan on June 18, 2017. He was 98.
- What was the theme of 2017 ‘International Day for the Elimination of Sexual Violence in Conflict’, observed on June 19, 2017?
1.“Preventing Sexual Violence Crimes through Justice and Deterrence”
2.“Preventing Sexual Violence Crimes in War Zones”
3.“Preventing Sexual Violence Crimes against Refugees”
4.“Preventing Sexual Violence Crimes through Global Support”
5.“Preventing Sexual Violence Crimes through Enhanced Security”
Answer – 1.“Preventing Sexual Violence Crimes through Justice and Deterrence”
The United Nations General Assembly proclaimed 19 June of each year as International Day for the Elimination of Sexual Violence in Conflict. It has been observed to raise awareness of the need to put an end to conflict-related sexual violence and to pay tribute to all those who have courageously devoted their lives to and lost their lives in standing up for the eradication of these crimes.
- Narmada Control Authority (NCA) has cleared the final raising of Sardar Sarovar Dam (SSD) in Gujarat by lowering of gates and impounding of water in the reservoir upto its Full Reservoir Level (FRL) of _______ mts.
Answer – 4.138.68
The NCA which met recently under the Chairmanship of Dr. Amarjit Singh considered all aspects of environmental and Resettlement and Rehabilitation (R&R) issues. It may be recalled that the last time raising of SSD was cleared on June 12, 2014, wherein permission for Phase-I construction of piers, overhead bridge and installation of gates in open or raised position was granted.
- Who among the following has been chosen as the National Democratic Alliance’s presidential nominee?
1.C Vidyasagar Rao
3.Ram Nath Kovind
Answer – 3.Ram Nath Kovind
Ram Nath Kovind, who has been chosen as the National Democratic Alliance’s presidential nominee, was a lawyer who practised in the Delhi High Court and the Supreme Court for 16 years. The Dalit leader first stepped into politics in 1994 when he was elected as a Rajya Sabha member from Uttar Pradesh. He served for two consecutive terms for 12 years till March, 2006.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.