Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs June 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- International Day for the Elimination of Sexual Violence in Conflict is being observed every year on which date to raise awareness to put an end to violence?
Ans: B.June 19th
International Day for the Elimination of Sexual Violence in Conflict is observed on June 19 annually to raise awareness of the need to put an end to conflict-related sexual violence.
- Erstwhile Maharashtra Director General of Police has been passed away in Mumbai at the age of 90 years. Who is he?
Ans: A.Suryakant Jog
Erstwhile Maharashtra Director General of Police Suryakant Jog passed away in Mumbai. He was 90 year old. He served as the DGP of the state from 1985 to 1987.
- Who has became the oldest Olympic torch bearer at the age of 106 years in the Amazonian city of Macapa?
Ans: A.Aida Germanque
106 year old Aida Gemanque also called extreme granny became the oldest Olympic torch bearer when she carried the flame in the Amazonian city of Macapa.
- Which part of the Earth emits carbon dioxide levels exceeded 400 parts per million for the first time in 4 million years?
Ans: C.South Pole
The South Pole of the Earth carbon dioxide levels exceeded 400 parts per million (ppm) for the first time in 4 million years.
- Which rocket launcher successfully took off with two telecoms satellites into space from KOUROU, in French Guiana?
Ans: D.Ariane 5
Europe’s Ariane 5 rocket launcher successfully took off with two telecoms satellites into space from KOUROU, in French Guiana, one for an USbased communications service provider and one for an Indonesian bank.
- US Scientists has developed world’s first microchip called _____________that equipped with 1,000 processors and is thought to be the fastest chip designed in a university lab.
The microchip which is designed by a team at the University of California’s Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering and fabricated by IBM using 32nm CMOS technology.
- Which language film has won the Best Film and Best Script Writers Award at the 19th Shanghai International Film Festival in Shanghai?
Kannada film Thithi has won the Best Film and Best Script Writers Award at the ongoing 19th Shanghai International Film Festival in Shanghai.
- The Two Day conference named Rajswa Gyansangam is annual Conference of Tax Administrators- 2016 held in _____________to mark a new height in the generation of innovative ideas.
Ans: C.New Delhi
The two day conference named Rajswa Gyansangam is Annual Conference of Tax Administrators-2016 concluded in New Delhi to mark a new height in the generation of innovative ideas and opened new frontiers for the tax administrators.
- Foreign Secretary visited which country to gain support for India to enter into the Nuclear Suppliers Group as Member?
Foreign secretary S. Jaishankar made an unannounced visit to China to gain support for India’s for membership into the Nuclear Suppliers Group (NSG).
- Union Government gave its final approval for setting up of a Greenfield Electronic Park in which State to provide employment potential?
The park, to be set up under Electronic Manufacturing Cluster (EMC) scheme of the Centre, will come up on 203 acres of land at a cost of Rs 205 crore out of this centre will give Rs 95 crore with the rest will borne by the Odisha government.
- How many Universities to hold Yoga Departments announced by Human Resource Development Minister during National Seminar on Yoga?
Union Minister of Human Resource Development, Smriti Irani announced during the National Seminar on Yoga that government has decided to open Yoga departments in six central universities of the country during 2016-2017.
- Union Government decided to form how many coastal police stations in the Coastal states of the country with jurisdiction over Exclusive Economic Zone?
Union government cleared decks for formation of 10 coastal police stations in the coastal states of the country with jurisdiction over Exclusive Economic Zone.
- Union Tourism minister Dr. Mahesh Sharma inaugurated the Ganges-Danube Cultural Festival of India at Vigado Theatre in which Country?
The Minister also inaugurated Yoga workshop on 18th June. Hungarian artists, proficient in Indian art forms took part in the programme in Hungary.
- Thailand Prime Minister Chan-o-cha made visit to India and arrived in New Delhi starting from 16th June to enhance bilateral cooperation in which following fields?
C.Trade and Investment
D.All the Above
Ans: D.All the Above
Enhance bilateral cooperation in the fields of
i. Trade and Investment
- Indian President has been conferred with the highest national honour of the Grande Croix Commandeur by Which country?
Ans: B.Cote D’Ivoire
Indian President has been conferred with the highest national honour of the Grande Croix Commandeur by Cote d’Ivoire Country.
- Which country gave assurance to supply the Uranium legally to use the nuclear energy peacefully?
Namibia gave assurance to supply the Uranium legally to use the nuclear energy peacefully.
- Nepal’s Deputy Prime Minister Kamal Thapa landed in New Delhi on 10th June on a three day visit to discuss with which minister on bilateral issues?
C.External Affairs Minister
Ans: C.External Affairs Minister
Purpose: Discussion with External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj on bilateral Issues & Attended the Convocation of the South Asian University in New Delhi.