AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs June 15 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- On June 14, 2018, Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare JP Nadda, signed MoU with the State Health Ministers of how many States to launch the Ayushman Bharat – National Health Protection Mission (AB-NHPM) at a Health Ministers conclave in New Delhi?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.20
AB-NHPM will protect around 50 crore people (from about 10 crore families). AB-NHPM will protect the people and at the same time Health and Wellness Centres (HWCs) will deliver comprehensive primary health care. This would provide preventive, promotive, and curative care for non-communicable diseases, dental, mental, geriatric care, palliative care. Government has initiated universal screening of common NCDs such as diabetes, hypertension and common cancers along with Tuberculosis and Leprosy.
- On June 15, 2018, NITI Aayog has prepared a report on Composite Water Management Index (CWMI) to enable cooperative and competitive federalism. In this index which state has ranked number one for the reference year 2016-17?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Gujarat
Gujarat as number one in the reference year (2016-17), followed by Madhya Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and Maharashtra. In North Eastern and Himalayan States, Tripura has been adjudged number 1 in 2016-17 followed by Himachal Pradesh, Sikkim and Assam. In terms of incremental change in index (over 2015-16 level), Rajasthan holds number one position in general States and Tripura ranks at first position amongst North Eastern and Himalayan States.
- On June 15, 2018, it was announced that the 106th Indian Science Congress will be held at Lovely Professional University (LPU) in _____ from January 3 to 7, 2019?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Jalandhar, Punjab
The event will be inaugurated by PM Narendra Modi. The theme for the five-day science congress is ‘Future India: Science & Technology’. It will be organised by the Indian Science Congress Association (ISCA). It will have 18 plenary sessions, including those of medical, environmental, chemical and other science domains.
- On 14th June 2018, Union Minister for Railways, Coal, Finance & Company Affairs, Piyush Goyal inaugurated how many 100 MW Solar Power Projects of Neyveli Lignite Corporation India Limited (NLCIL) for commercial operation and dedicated these projects to the Nation?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.three
The Solar Power projects located at Thoppalaakkarai and Sethupuram in Virudhunagar District and Sellaiya Sezhiyanallur in Tirunelveli District, with an installed capacity of 100 MW each, were set up at a cost of Rs.1300 Crores. This is inclusive of Operation & Maintenance cost for 15 Years. The power generated from these units will be provided to Tamilnadu Power Generation and Distribution Company (TANGEDCO) at a cost of Rs.4.41/- per unit. A MoU was also signed by NLCIL and Anna University. The MoU was signed by Dr. V. Manoharan, General Manager/Centre for Applied Research & Development, NLCIL, Neyveli and Dr. S. Ganesan, Registrar, Anna University, Chennai.
- A National Tribal Museum and a National Level Tribal Research Institute is proposed to be set up at _____ by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Delhi
This announcement was made by Minister of Tribal Affairs Jual Oram on 14th June 2018. He said that the Museum will feature the rich tribal culture and heritage using advanced technologies. The proposal to establish the Museum and Tribal Research Institute has been sent to the NITI Ayog. According to the announcement made by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 15th August 2016, Ministry of Tribal Affairs, is forming six Tribal Freedom Fighters Memorials. Out of which two are of national importance: Narmada (Gujarat) and Birsa Munda Central Jail (Ranchi).
- On June 15, 2018, The Railway Minister Piyush Goyal announced the annual allocation of ____ to Telangana for railway project?
1.Rs. 5832 crore
2.Rs. 1813 crore
3.Rs. 2345 crore
4.Rs. 6734 crore
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Rs. 1813 crore
It is an increase from an average of Rs 258 crore. The minister flagged off the extended Kacheguda- Nizamabad passenger train up to Karimnagar. South Central Railway (SCR) has become the first railway zone in the country to complete 100 per cent LED lighting at all the stations under its jurisdiction. Initiatives and passenger amenities to be provided by the South Central Railway and at Nizamabad station of ‘Grade A’ category.
- On June 15, 2018, As a part of which government’s tourism promotion programme, ‘Yoga Ambassadors Tour’, a specialized trip for yoga professionals from around the world was inaugurated by Minister of State for AYUSH Shripad Yesso Naik?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Kerala
It aims to design a wholesome yoga package for visiting tourists with well-known yoga destinations with related activities. It is a 10 day educational tour for yoga professionals . It has been organized by Association of Tourism Trade Organisations (ATTOI) in association with the Ministry of AYUSH and Kerala Tourism department. Places like Ayurveda, Kerala , Kanyakumari district of Tamil Nadu , renowned Yoga destinations like Shivandanda yoga ashram, the meditation centre at Vivekanada Rock in Kanyakumari and sites of Munnar will be included .
- On 10th June 2018, an all women Naval mountaineering team led by Lt Cdr Kokila Sajwan summited which mountain?
1.Mount Stok Kangri
4.Mount Hanuman Tibba
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Mount Deotibba
The expedition was flagged off by Vice Admiral AK Chawla, AVSM, NM, VSM, Chief Of Personnel on 28th May 2018 from New Delhi. Mount Deotibba is the second highest peak (6001M) in the Pir-Panjal range in Himachal Pradesh. It is one of the most difficult peaks to summit. The team was led by Lt Cdr Kokila Sajwan. Team members are: Lt Cdr Nanadini Dam Roy, Lt Cdr Seema Chaudhary, Lt Cdr Pooja Sharma, Lt Cdr Rekha Shree, Lt Cdr Rashu Tyagi, Lt Saino Wilson, Lt Chamm Kumari, Surg Lt Himwant Kaur, Lt Surbhi Sharma, Lt Shristi Thakur, Lt Vipasha Sharma, Lt Kritika Sharma.
- On June 15, 2018, Andhra Bank increased its MCLR by how many basis points for various tenors?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.5
The changes are in the following table:
Tenor Increased rate in % Overnight 8 One Month 8.05 Three Months 8.25 Six Months 8.40 One Year 8.55
- On June 15, 2018, The government of India approved HDFC Bank to raise additional share capital of up to a maximum of ____ through Qualified Institutional Placement (QIP)?
1.Rs 15,000 crore
2.Rs 24,000 crore
3.Rs 44,000 crore
4.Rs 75,000 crore
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Rs 24,000 crore
The approval includes an Rs 8,500-crore infusion from parent Housing Development Finance Corp (HDFC). This will allow it to maintain its 25.6% current shareholding, potentially leaving about Rs 15,500 crore to be raised from the market. It is the country’s largest sell of share. The QIP record is Rs 15,000 crore raised by State Bank of India (SBI) in June 2017.
- On June 15, 2018, Global ratings agency Fitch downgraded ICICI Bank’s support rating floor to ____ from ‘BBB-’?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.BB+
It downgraded ICICI Bank’s ‘support rating’ to ‘3’, from ‘2’, its support rating floor to ‘BB+’, from ‘BBB-’ .But the agency has affirmed the issuer default ratings and viability ratings of ICICI Bank and Axis Bank at ‘BBB-’ and ‘BBB-’. ICICI Banks governance is under investigation. Axis Bank’s rating degraded to negative from stable, pointing to the high proportion of NPAs.
- On June 15, 2018, which Japanese group has decided to invest $60 bn – $100 bn in India’s solar power generation?
1.Softbank Group Corp
2.Okinawa Development Finance Corporation
3.Japan Finance Corporation
4.Japan Bank for International Cooperation
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Softbank Group Corp
The investment would be made through a fund backed by Saudi Arabia’s government. Saudi Arabia is the largest investor in SoftBank’s Vision Fund, which raised over $93 billion last year. In 2015 SoftBank decided to invest $20 billion in Indian solar projects in a joint venture with India’s Bharti Enterprises and Taiwan’s Foxconn.It had a goal of generating 20 gigawatts (GW) of energy. In April,2018 SoftBank teamed up with China’s GCLSystem Integration Technology Co Ltd on a $930 million Indian solar energy venture.
- On 15th June 2018, PhonePe announced that it has partnered with which of the following cab aggregator to enable riders to book rides using PhonePe’s payment platform?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Ola
PhonePe is owned by Flipkart. PhonePe has also added ‘Auto-pay’ feature that enables users to make payments easily. Users can switch off ‘Auto-pay’ instructions at any time. PhonePe has said that, these moves will help businesses to reach out with their services to a highly growing base of more than 100 million PhonePe users. PhonePe is also adding partners in the travel, hospitality, ticketing and food sectors to its micro-app platform.
- Name the Indian social worker who was presented the “Nikkei Asia Prize for Culture and Community” for this year at an award ceremony in Tokyo, Japan, on 13th June 2018?
1.Dr Bindeshwar Pathak
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Dr Bindeshwar Pathak
Dr Bindeshwar Pathak was presented this award by Naotoshi Okada, President of Nikkei Inc. Chairman of the Award Committee Mr Fujio Mitarai said that, Dr Bindeshwar Pathak has been honoured for tackling two of India’s biggest challenge: poor hygiene and discrimination. He was awarded under the ‘culture and community’ category. Other two winners of the award are Ma Jun (Economic and Business Innovation) and Professor Nguyen Thanh Liem (Science and Technology). Ma Jun is a Chinese environmentalist. He was awarded for using the internet to promote cleaner industry. Professor Nguyen Thanh Liem is a Vietnamese doctor. He was awarded for bringing advanced medicine for children.
- Name the Indian-American woman who has been named the Chief Finance Officer (CFO) of General Motors (GM)?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Dhivya Suryadevara
Dhivya Suryadevara is at present the vice president of corporate finance, General Motors. She will replace Chuck Stevens, General Motors’ current CFO, on 1st September 2018. Dhivya Suryadevara was born in Chennai, India. She is 39 years old. She has been vice president of corporate finance in General Motors since July 2017. She will report to Mary Barra, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of General Motors. Dhivya Suryadevara will be the first woman CFO in the auto industry and Mary Barra is the first woman CEO in the auto industry, as no other major global automaker has a female CEO, or a CEO and CFO who are both women.
- On June 15, 2018, ISRO (Indian Space Research Organisation) announced it has decided to transfer its own lithium ion cell technology to Indian industry on a non-exclusive basis for usage in automobiles for ____?
1.Rs 1 crore
2.Rs 2 crore
3.Rs 1.5 crore
4.Rs 5.6 crore
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Rs 1 crore
It aims to will accelerate the development of indigenous electric vehicle industry. The Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC) located in Kerala will transfer the lithium ion cell technology to the successful Indian industries/start-ups. The request for qualification (RFQ) will be issued from June 20 for a price of Rs 25,000 and a security deposit of Rs 400,000 has to be paid along with the application. The firm’s security deposit will be adjusted against the technology transfer fee of Rs 100 lakh.
- On 14th June 2018, which cricketer has become the first Indian to score a century before lunch on the first day of the one-off test match against Afghanistan in Bengaluru?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Shikhar Dhawan
Shikhar Dhawan’s century is the first by an Indian batsman in the first session of a Test. He has become the sixth batsman in the world to achieve this in the test format. Shikhar Dhawan scored unbeaten 104 (91 balls) and Murali Vijay (41 no off 72 balls). The first batsman to achieve this mark was Australia’s V.T. Trumper against England in 1902. The other batsmen to achieved this mark are: Australia’s C.G. Macartney, Don Bradman, David Warner and Pakistan’s Majid Khan and India’s Shikhar Dhawan now.
- On 14th June 2018, Adiraju Venkateswara Rao who died due to a long term illness in Hyderabad, Telangana was a ____?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Journalist
Adiraju Venkateswara Rao was 79 years old. His native was Khammam district. He had worked in several Telugu and English newspapers. He had also written few books. He had played an important role in the separate Telangana protests in 1969. He was honoured by the state government in the Telangana formation day celebrations recently.
- On 14th June 2018, Union Minister for Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation, Shipping, Road Transport & Highways Nitin Gadkari released a book ‘Water productivity mapping of major Indian crops’ published by _____ at an event in New Delhi?
1.ISRO (Indian Space Research Organisation)
2.NABARD (National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development)
3.Mazagon Dock Limited
4.Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO)
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.NABARD (National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development)
The book ‘Water productivity mapping of major Indian crops’ is about a study on 10 major crops done by a team lead by eminent agricultural economist Dr. Ashok Gulati. The 10 major crops are: rice, wheat, maize, pulses, oilseeds, sugarcane, cotton and potato etc. The book recommends to realign cropping pattern with focus on water scarcity of irrigation, ration irrigation supplies in canal irrigation system, enhance micro-irrigation and invest in water harvesting and artificial recharge and promote participatory irrigation management through water user association and farmer’s producer organisation.
- When was World Elder Abuse Awareness Day observed all over the world?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.June 15
The World Elder Abuse Awareness Day is observed every year on 15th June. The International Network for the Prevention of Elder Abuse (INPEA) first observed the World Elder Abuse Awareness Day in 2006. The United Nations General Assembly officially recognized 15th June as the World Elder Abuse Awareness Day in 2011. This day is observed to show opposition to the abuse and suffering experienced by the elders of our society. Elder abuse is mistreatment of elders done by a partner, family member, friend etc. It may be physical, social, financial, psychological or sexual and even neglect.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Which is the Longest lake in India?Vembanad Lake, Kerala
- Where is Eturnagaram Wildlife Sanctuary located?Telangana
- What is the tag line of Bank of India?Relationships beyond banking
- Where has Ranjit Sagar Dam been constructed?Ravi River
- Who is the director of Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)?K.Sivan