AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs June 14 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
Click Here to Read Current Affairs June 14 2018
- On 14th June 2018, Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated a modernised and expanded Bhilai Steel Plant in _____?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Chhattisgarh
The modernization consists of installation of advanced technologies for improvement in productivity, yield, quality, cost competitiveness, energy efficiency and environmental protection. Narendra Modi also laid the foundation stone for the permanent campus of Indian Institue of Technology (IIT) Bhilai. He unveiled the commencement of phase-2 of BharatNet (Bharat Broadband Network Limited). The BharatNet project aims to link Gram Panchayats with underground optical fibre network.
- On 13th June 2018, the Mizoram government decided to introduce a resolution in the state legislature objecting to the ____?
1.Citizenship Amendment Bill, 2016
2.Housing Regulations Amendment Bill, 2016
3.Scheduled Castes Amendment Bill, 2016
4.Higher Education Amendment Bill, 2016
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Citizenship Amendment Bill, 2016
The council of ministers made the unanimous decision in a cabinet meeting. Mizoram Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla said in the meeting that Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh was earlier informed by Mizoram government of its objection to the Citizenship Amendment Bill, 2016. The government, all political parties, and the NGOs opposed the Bill mentioning that if it is legislated, the amendment will legalise thousands of Buddhists (Chakmas) who have illegally entered Mizoram from Bangladesh. Also, the cabinet approved the Sinlung Hills Council Bill, 2018. A special session of the Assembly will be held on 27th June 2018 to pass a legislation.
- An MoU has been signed by the government of which Indian city and Canada’s Quebec province to enhance economic cooperation, mainly in areas namely information technology, biotechnology, artificial intelligence and welfare of the tribal community?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Maharashtra
The agreement was signed by Maharashtra chief minister Devendra Fadanvis and Philippe Couillard, prime minister of Quebec province of Canada. Discusssion was held on ways to increase collaboration in knowledge-sharing on ports as Maharashtra has the strength of majority of youngest population. Devendra Fadnavis also met Pierre Beaudoin, chairman of the Board Corporate office of Bombardier Inc. This company is a multinational aerospace and transportation company. It is the world’s leading manufacturer of aircraft and trains in Quebec. Devendra Fadnavis and a delegation of bureaucrats are on a tour to Dubai, Canada and USA to get business for Maharashtra. The tour will last for a week.
- On 13th June 2018, Tamil Nadu government announced sops for several sectors like Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) sector. Tamil Nadu Chief Minister ____ said that, the proposed MSME agency will work on attracting investment, and obtaining foreign cooperation for such units?
1.K Chandrasekara Rao
2.H D Kumarasamy
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.K Palaniswami
Establishment of an agency to attract foreign investment and cooperation in state MSMEs was also included. Tamil Nadu Chief Minister K Palaniswami said that, the proposed MSME agency will work on attracting investment, and obtaining foreign cooperation for such units. It will operate as a coordinating agency for offering single window clearance for MSMEs in Tamil Nadu, to make agreements with trade and industry bodies and those proposing investment policies. Also, an Innovation Policy will also be launched through which the government will promote innovative ideas and develop entrepreneurs.
- The Union Ministry of Home Affairs has approved the creation of how many women Battalions for Jammu and Kashmir Police to improve the representation of women in the State Police?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.two
One battalion would be raised for Jammu region and the other for Kashmir region. 60% of posts will be reserved for women of 10 border districts: Jammu, Samba, Kathua, Poonch, Rajouri, Baramulla, Bandipora, Kupwara, Kargil and Leh. This will offer direct employment to more than two thousand (2014) women in Jammu and Kashmir. The recruitment process will be carried out by the Jammu and Kashmir Government within one year. The one-time fund needed for Buildings, Mobility, Arms and Ammunition, etc. is estimated as Rs. 105 crore for creating these two women Battalions of J&K Police.
- On June 14, 2018, a Conference on Implementation of National Pension System (NPS) by the Central Autonomous Bodies (CABs) was organized by PFRDA to provide a forum to all the CABs where the progress in the implementation of NPS could be done. Expand PFRDA?
1.Pension Finance Regulatory and Development Authority
2.Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority
3.Provident Fund Regulatory and Development Authority
4.Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Association
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority
To ensure that NPS works efficiently and pensions are served effectively. Currently there are 557 CABs which have about 1.73 lacs subscribers and about Rs.11800 crores of Asset Under Management (AUM). The initiative of PFRDA for holding this Conference exclusively for Central Autonomous Bodies would provide two-way communications between stakeholders for the ultimate benefit of the subscribers.
- On 13th June 2018, a tripartite Concession Agreement was signed between National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG), UP Jal Nigam and Triveni Engineering & Industries Ltd. to develop an Integrated Sewage Infrastructure for ____ on the Hybrid Annuity-based PPP mode, in New Delhi?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Mathura
Union Minister for Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation, Shipping, Road Transport & Highways Nitin Gadkari, presided over the signing of the agreement. Also, an agreement was signed between NMCG and Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL) for the reuse of 2 crore litres per day of treated sewage water by IOCL’s refinery in Mathura. The Mathura sewage project is India’s first Integrated Sewage Infrastructure project based on One City – One-Operator concept. This project integrates building of new STPs (sewage treatment plant) and maintenance of existing infrastructure under one operator for the entire city.
- On June 14, 2018, the Arunachal Pradesh Government has signed a MOU with Smart Village Movement (SVM) of which state to facilitate technology innovations, research and development in selected villages of the state?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Andhra Pradesh
The Mou was signed between Director-cum-member secretary of State Council for IT & e-Governance, Neelam Yapin Tana, and SVM project director Shreya Evani, in the presence of Chief Minister Pema Khandu, Deputy Chief Minister Chowna Mein. Mr. Solomon Darwin would be the adviser of the project. The project will focus on solving “pain-points” or challenges in rural segments by developing platforms driven by “open innovation” approaches. 100 villages spread over 60 assembly constituencies would be selected in consultation with the government for the SVM project.
- On June 14, 2018, The Himachal Pradesh Cabinet headed by Chief Minister approved the Admission of first batch of 100 MBBS students in Dr S RadhaKrishanan Medical College, ____ for 2018-19?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Hamirpur
Enhancing the payment of part-time water carriers working on contract basis in the education department from Rs 1,900 to Rs 2,200 from April 1. Admission of first batch of 100 MBBS students in Dr S RadhaKrishanan Medical College, Hamirpur for 2018-19. Restricted the quota of NRI seats to provide more merit based admissions reducing it from 34 to 20. Toengage 100 posts of accountant-cum-support staff and 30 posts of data entry operators at block level under the SarvShikshaAbhiyan.
- On 13th June 2018, Union Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman inaugurated the first Representative Office of Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) in ____?
4.Kuala Lampur, Malaysia
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Hanoi, Vietnam
Nirmala Sitharaman gave the symbolic key of the Representative Office of BEL at Vietnam (VIRO) to Chairman & Managing Director, BEL Gowtama MV during the Vietnam-India Defence Industry Business Meeting. Ambassador of India to the Socialist Republic of Vietnam P Harish, Secretary (Defence Production), Dr. Ajay Kumar and other senior officials of India and Vietnam Defence forces were present during the occasion. BEL is India’s leading defence electronics company. It is expanding its global presence in South East Asian countries like the Republic of Union of Myanmar, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand and Philippines.
- On June 14,2018, which bank has been ranked as the 5th biggest public company globally in the ‘consumer financial services category’ compiled by Forbes in its 16th annual Forbes Global 2000 list?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.HDFC Bank
American Express tops the chart. Indiabulls Housing Finance is the only other Indian company (at 13th place) on the list. HDFC has ranked 7th in 2017 compilation. Other companies and their ranks are : Capital One Financial at the 159 place, followed by Visa (164),Orix (254), PayPal (337), Synchrony Financial (340), Discover Financial Services (356) and Mastercard (367).
- On June 14, 2018, The Indian GDP has been predicted to grow by ____% in FY19 by Fitch?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.7.4
The Rupee has been among the worst performers in Asian currency. The higher oil prices as reason for financial risk. It has earlier predicted GDP growth by 7.3% for FY 2018-19 and For FY20 it is 7.5%. It forecasted that oil prices will remain at $70 / barre lup from $54.9 a barrel with an expected drop to $65/ barrel for 2019.
- On June 14, 2018, Prime Minister of Georgia _____ has announced his resignation due to a disagreement with Bidzina Ivanishvili, the leader of the ruling party?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Giorgi Kvirikashvili
Due to a disagreement with Bidzina Ivanishvili, the leader of the ruling party. Also due to growing popular unrest and discontent over his government’s handling of the economy. Kvirikashvili, 50, has been the country’s prime minister since 2015. The ruling party, Georgian Dream, has seven days to nominate a prime minister.
- Name the officer of the Indian Defence Accounts Service who has been appointed as the first woman Haj coordinator by the Union ministry of minority affairs?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Moina Benazir
She would lead a team of 1300 women to perform Haj without their male partners. The team will be travelling to Jeddah. The team will have additional 4-5 male coordinators alongside Moina Benazir. In 2017, the Centre for the first time decided to allow women pilgrims over the age of 45 to undertake the pilgrimage in groups of at least four without any male companions.
- Two new species of cricket frogs named Kalinga and ____ have been discovered in the Eastern Ghats and Western Ghats recently?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Krishnan
The new frog species discovered in Eastern Ghats is named as Kalinga. It is spotted in the hilly regions. The other species has been named Krishnan. It was so far found only near Jog Falls, in Shimoga district of Karnataka. The discovery was made by researchers from Wildlife Institute of India (WII), Zoological Survey of India (ZSI) and North Orissa University (NOU). The findings have been listed in the records of the Zoological Survey of India.
- On 5th to 13th June 2018, the XXth International Umakhanov boxing Tournament was held in Kaspiysk, Russia. Name the Indian who won gold medal in the Women’s 75 kg category?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Saweety Bora
The Indian contingent bagged a total of 7 medals comprising of four bronze, two silver and one gold medal. India’s Saweety Bora won gold medal in the Women’s 75 kg category after beating Russia’s Anna Anfinogenova in the final. In the Men’s category, Brijesh Yadav in the 81 kg division and Virender Kumar in 91 kg lost in the Finals and won a Silver medal each. Indian women: Pinki Rani (51kg), Shashi Chopra (57kg) and Pavitra (60kg) and Gaurav Bidhuri had reached the last four-stage but lost their matches and won a bronze medal each.
- On June 14, 2018, Commonwealth Games gold medallist weightlifter Sanjita Chanu and which tennis player have been dropped from the Target Olympic Podium (TOP) Scheme as a dope sample test came out positive for a banned substance?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Yuki Bhambri
The reason behind this is a dope sample test that came out positive for a banned substance. Sanjita, who won a gold in women’s 53kg class in the Gold Coast CWG in April. Shehad tested positive for an anabolic steroid. The tests were conducted by World Championships in USA in November 2017. YukiBhambri will not be playing in the Asian Games.
- On 12th June 2018, Mulubha Jadeja passed away at his residence due to age related ailments in Rajkot. He was related to which field?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Cricket
On 12th June 2018, Former Saurashtra batsman Mulubha Jadeja passed away at his residence due to age related ailments in Rajkot. Mulubha Jadeja was 88 years old. He was a right-handed batsman. He represented Saurashtra and Railways from 1945 to 1964. He had played 31 first-class matches and scored 1,373 runs with an average of 26.92.
- On 11th June 2018, Shahzahan Bachchu, a writer and publisher was pulled out of a shop and shot dead by unidentified attackers. Which country does he belong to?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Bangladesh
Shahzahan Bachchu was 60 years old. He owned a publishing house named ‘Bishaka Prokashoni’. The publishing house was known for publishing poetry. No group has claimed responsibility for his murder. He had earlier received threats from extremist groups due to his outspoken nature and his speech about secularism. He was a former district general secretary of the Communist Party of Bangladesh.
- What was the theme of World Blood Donor Day 2018 that was celebrated on 14 June 2018?
1.blood donation as an action of solidarity
2.blood donation to save lives
3.blood donation as an act of kindness
4.blood donation as a voluntary act
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.blood donation as an action of solidarity
World Blood Donor Day is celebrated every year on 14 June. This day is observed to thank voluntary, unpaid blood donors for blood donations and to create awareness on regular blood donations. Regular blood donations will ensure the quality, safety and availability of blood and blood products for patients in need. The theme of World Blood Donor Day 2018 is: blood donation as an action of solidarity. The slogan for World Blood Donor Day 2018 is: “Be there for someone else. Give blood. Share life”.
- On June 13,2018, The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved of the joint issue of a postage stamp between Department of Posts and Viet Nam Post. What is the theme of the joint postage stamp?
1.Culture and Heritage
3.Monuments and Heritage
4.Brides and Canals
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Ancient Architecture
Department of Posts, Ministry of Communications and Viet Nara Post mutually agreed to jointly issue Postage Stamps on India-Viet Nam. The Theme of the Joint Postage Stamp is : “Ancient Architecture”. They were released on 25-01-2018. It depicts Sanchi Stupa of India and Pho Minh Pagodaof Viet Nam.
- On June 13, 2018, the Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved a MoU which was signed in March, 2018 between the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) and the Institut National de la Santeet de la Recherche Medicale (INSERM) of which country?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.France
On june 13, 2018, The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) which was signed in March, 2018 between the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) and the Institut National de la Santeet de la Recherche Medicale (INSERM), France. It aims at cooperation in areas of common interest within the medical, life sciences and health research fields. The parties would focus on issues of: Diabetes and Metabolic disorders, Bio-ethics with focus on Ethics and regulatory issues of Gene editing techniques, Rare diseases.
- On June 14, 2018, The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved the proposal for introduction of ____ bill to ensure safety of dams and safeguard benefits from such dams?
1.Dam Safety Bill, 2018
2.Dam Maintenance Bill, 2018
3.Dam Enhancement Bill, 2018
4.Dam Protection Bill, 2018
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Dam Safety Bill, 2018
For proper surveillance, inspection, operation and maintenance of all specified dams in the country to ensure their safe functioning. Constitution of a National Committee on Dam Safety for formulating policies of dam safety. Establishment of National Dam Safety Authority as a regulatory body for implementation of policies. Constitution of a State Committee on Dam Safety by State Government.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Where is Satindra Mohan Dev Stadium located?Silchar, Assam
- Who is the Chairman and Managing Director of Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL)?Gowtama MV
- Where is Namdapha National Park located?Arunachal Pradesh
- Name the Chairman of Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA)?Hemant G Contractor
- Who is the CEO of Fitch?Paul Taylor
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification