AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz June 13 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC,CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- On June 12, 2017, Union Home Minister, Rajnath Singh decided to set up an expert committee to examine the rules which allows free movement of Indian and Myanmarese citizens within _____ kms of the border.
5.28 kmsAnswer – 2.16 kms
India’s 1,643-km border with Myanmar touches four states– Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Manipur and Mizoram. People living within 16 kms on either side of the border can take benefit of a visa-free movement regime, under which they can stay up to 72 hours with effective and valid permits issued by the designated authority on either side. The decision to setup the committee was taken by Rajnath Singh while chairing the meeting of Indo-Myanmar Border States in Aizawl, Mizoram on June 12, 2017.
- As per a report released by Child Rights and You (CRY), which state has the highest number of children engaged in labour?
5.Madhya PradeshAnswer – 1.Uttar Pradesh
Over 8 lakh children in India between the age group 5 and 6 years are engaged in child labour. Uttar Pradesh has the highest number of children (250672) engaged in labour, followed by Bihar (128087 children) and Maharashtra (82847 children).
- Which State Government has signed a MoU with the British Council to enhance quality of education in the state?
5.Arunachal PradeshAnswer – 4.Sikkim
The purpose of the MoU is to support the aims and aspirations of the young people of Sikkim through collaborative projects in the area of English, education and skills by strengthening the capacity of the teachers and other professionals, working with youth in the state and support its cultural economy.
- The Centre has approved proposals for setting up of _____ Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy (AYUSH) hospitals across the country.
5.250Answer – 2.100
Minister of state for AYUSH, Shripad Yesso Naik has said, during the last three years the Union government had approved posting of 4000 AYUSH doctors in primary health centres across the country.
- Group of Seven (G7) Environment Ministers Meeting was held on 11th and 12th June, 2017 in:
5.UKAnswer – 1.Italy
Group of Seven (G7) Environment Ministers Meeting was held in Bologna, Italy on 11th and 12th June, 2017 to discuss issues ranging from climate change to sustainable development and litter at sea. The meeting was attended by the Environment Ministers of the seven countries (US, UK, France, Germany, Italy, Canada and Japan) and the Commissioners of the European Union for Environment and Climate.
- Who among the following have featured in ‘Forbes list of world’s highest paid celebrities’ for the year 2016-17?
1.Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khan
2.Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan and Akshay Kumar
3.Amitabh Bachchan, Salman Khan and Akshay Kumar
4.Amitabh Bachchan, Salman Khan and Ranveer Singh
5.Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan and Akshay KumarAnswer – 2.Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan and Akshay Kumar
Shah Rukh Khan has jumped from 86th in the rankings last time to 65th this year, with earnings of $38 million while Akshay, who was 94th last time, is ranked 80th with $35.5 million earnings. Salman made an entry in the list, ranked 71st with earnings of $37 million. Rapper Diddy tops the list with $130 million earnings.
- Which among the following country has established formal diplomatic relations with China, breaking longstanding ties with Taiwan?
5.ColombiaAnswer – 4.Panama
The Panama government has announced that it is breaking its ‘diplomatic ties’ with Taiwan, and pledges to end all relations or official contact with Taiwan. Panama is one of the Taiwan’s oldest allies.
- On June 13, 2017, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) mentioned that it is launching a new batch of Rs ______ denomination notes, in Mahatma Gandhi (new) series with inset letter “A” in both the number panels.
5.Rs. 2000Answer –4.Rs. 500
The design of these notes is similar in all respects to the Rs 500 banknotes in Mahatma Gandhi (New) Series which were first notified on November 8, last year after Prime Minister Narendra Modi outlawed old high value notes of Rs 500 and Rs 1000, in a bid to crackdown on black money.
- India has imposed anti-dumping duty on import of which items from China to protect domestic industry against goods being sold at below normal value?
1.ceramic table and kitchenware
5.plastic toysAnswer – 1.ceramic table and kitchenware
The Department of Revenue in the Finance Ministry issued a notification imposing the anti-dumping duty of $1.04 per kg on import of ceramic tableware and kitchenware, excluding knives and toilet items from China.
- ‘Project Jal Sanchay’in ___________ district of Bihar has been selected for the national award for excellence in the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Programme (MGNREGP), by the Ministry of Rural Development.
5.Purnia districtAnswer – 2.Nalanda district
Under ‘Project Jal Sanchay’, check dams were created and traditional Aahar-Pyne irrigation system and traditional water bodies were desilted and renovated. A parallel campaign to create awareness about rainwater harvesting was also carried out.
- Who among the following has been named by Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) to manage the affairs of Sahara India Life Insurance?
1.H K Parekh
2.L V Narayanan
3.R K Sharma
4.J B Sitharaman
5.V N NairAnswer – 3.R K Sharma
The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) has taken over the administration of Sahara India Life Insurance, a first of its kind move in the insurance sector. It has named RK Sharma, General Manager, IRDAI, as administrator to manage the affairs of the insurer.
- Which power company has energised 150 kWp canal top solar PV System on cooling water (CW) channel inside power station premises at its 2,320 MW, Mouda Thermal Power Project, near Nagpurin Maharashtra?
5.Adani PowerAnswer –4.NTPC
This novel Solar PV system makes use of side walls of CW channels as load bearing structure thereby significantly decreasing cost of civil and mounting structure. It also has several other unique advantages such as land and water conservation due to reduced evaporation, increased PV generation due to cooling and reduction in dirt, leaves thereby reducing chemicals for water treatment.
- Who among the following has reclaimed the world number one position in the ODI batting rankings, according to the latest MRF Tyres ICC ODI Player Rankings released on June 13, 2017?
2.M S Dhoni
5.Rohit SharmaAnswer – 1.Virat Kohli
Kohli, who had entered the tournament on the third position, reclaimed the spot after leading his side to the ICC Champions Trophy 2017 semifinals. The rankings were updated after the last round of group matches in the ongoing tournament in England.
- Which tennis player has ranked 1st in men’s singles category as per recently released ATP rankings?
5.Roger FedererAnswer – 2.Andy Murray
Andy Murray retained the top position even though he did not make it to the final of French Open. Rafael Nadal moved up by two spots to stand at No.2. Stan Wawrinka maintained his position at No. 3, despite losing to Nadal 6-2, 6-3, 6-1 in the final of French Open.
- Jitu Rai and Heena Sidhu are associated with which sport?
5.TennisAnswer – 3.Shooting
Shooters, Jitu Rai and Heena Sidhu have won gold in the 10m mixed team air pistol event by beating Russia 7-6 in the finals at the International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) World Cup Rife/Pistol stage at Gabala, Azerbaijan.
- Who is the author of the book ‘Yug Purush, Bharat Ratna, Atal ji’?
5.Shankar NaithaniAnswer – 4.Ramesh Pokhriyal
Former Uttarakhand Chief Minister Pokhriyal, who credited Vajpayee for his debut in politics, said the 450-page book titled -‘Yug Purush, Bharat Ratna, Atal Ji’ – will be officially unveiled soon. The first copy of the book on the social and political life of Vajpayee was presented to President Pranab Mukherjee on June 13, 2017.
- ‘International Albinism Awareness Day’ is observed on which date every year?
5.15th JuneAnswer – 3.13th June
On 18 December 2014, the General Assembly adopted a resolution proclaiming, 13 June as International Albinism Awareness Day. The United Nations Human Rights Council adopted a resolution in 2013 calling for the prevention of attacks and discrimination against persons with albinism.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.