AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs June 12 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- On June 12, 2018, NITI Aayog’s Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) has selected 3,000 additional schools for the establishment of Atal Tinkering Labs (ATLs), bringing the total number of ATL schools to 5,441. The selected schools shall receive a grant of ____ spread over the next five years to establish ATLs?
1.Rs 40 lakh
2.Rs 20 lakh
3.Rs 15 lakh
4.Rs 25 lakh
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Rs 20 lakh
The selected schools shall receive a grant of Rs 20 lakh spread over the next five years to establish Atal Tinkering Labs for nurturing innovation and entrepreneurial spirit among secondary school children across India. This would provide access to the young innovators of India to technologies like 3D Printing, Robotics, IoT and microprocessors. These will facilitate the creation of over One Million Neoteric Child Innovators by 2020. The Atal Tinkering labs are spread across all states and 5 out of 7 Union Territories.
- On 12th June 2018, the Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh urged the Bureau of Police Research and Development (BPR&D) to work on providing training in soft skills to all the policemen in India. Who is the director general of BPR&D?
2.P P Malhotra
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.A.P. Maheshwari
He also asked to identify exceptional police officials at district level who can be role models for others. He also stressed on imparting training skills to prevent cyber-crimes and to tackle the changing crime scenario. A presentation was done by Dr. A.P. Maheshwari, Director General, BPR&D on the ongoing activities and future projects of BPR&D, on the occasion. Rajnath Singh reviewed the progress of development of Central Detective Training Institutes (CDTI) at Jaipur and Chandigarh.
- On June 12, 2018, the Ministry of Finance, Government of India in collaboration with Research and Information System for Developing Countries (RIS) and Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce (FICCI) is hosting one day thematic Seminar on “Private Sector Participation and Innovation in Resource Mobilisation” in which city?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Mumbai
It aims to address the critical dimensions of Infrastructure Projects Funding and underline the need for financial support from private sector players. India’s Infrastructure Sector has received an investment worth $1 trillion in the period from 2007 to 2017. India aims to raise the investment in this sector to $200 billion every year from the present level of $110bn per annum. Schemes such as the Brownfield Asset Mobilization for Infra Investments (BAMII), Credit Enhancement Fund for raising Bond Ratings issued by infra companies and the New Credit Rating scale for infrastructure projects creates opportunities have been launched to encourage private sector participation.
- On June 12,2018, The Union Minister of Steel, Chaudhary Birender Singh dedicated the rebuilt Blast Furnace-1 ‘_____’ of SAIL, Rourkela Steel Plant (RSP) to the Nation?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Parvati
The annual production capacity, of the furnace has increased from 0.438 Million tonnes (MT) to 1.015 MT. The Steel Minister also laid the foundation stone of the Burns and Plastic Surgery Department (the only department of the region ) of Super Specialty block atIspat General Hospital. This will fulfil the requirements of not only Rourkela but also of the people of neighboring districts and states.
- On 11th June 2018, the Labour ministry said that, the union government has set up a Technical Committee headed by _____, former chief statistician of India, to bring transparency in the jobs data calculation and presentation?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.T.C.A. Anant
Labour bureau carries out two major surveys on employment scenario: Annual Employment-Unemployment Survey (AEUS) and Quarterly Employment Survey. The Annual Employment Unemployment Survey was replaced by Periodic Labour Force Survey (PLFS). PLFS is performed by ministry of statistics and programme implementation (MoSPI). PLFS will have annual data on employment-unemployment on rural sector and quarterly data on employment-unemployment on urban sector based on larger sample size. So this will be comparable with the corresponding AEUS data set. Also, the Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) has started releasing monthly payroll data.
- On 12th June 2018, the Haryana government increased the upper age limit to enter into government service from 40 to ___ years?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.42
All departments have been informed to incorporate the provisions related to increasing the upper age limit to enter into the government service in their service rules, at their own level. The departments do not need to obtain the approval of council of ministers, general administration, Finance Department and Haryana Public Service Commission or Haryana Staff Selection Commission, according to a decision taken by the council of ministers on 30th May 2018. A circular regarding this has been sent to all administrative secretaries, heads of departments, commissioners of Ambala, Hisar, Rohtak and Gurgaon divisions, all chief administrators and managing directors of all boards, corporations and public sector undertakings, deputy commissioners, sub-divisional officers (Civil) and registrars of all the universities.
- On 12th June 2018, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar inaugurated or laid foundation stones for 122 schemes, worth ____, at an event to commemorate the 43rd establishment day of the Bihar Rajya Pul Nirman Nigam Ltd?
1.Rs 679 crore
2.Rs 875 crore
3.Rs 760 crore
4.Rs 657 crore
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Rs 875 crore
Nitish Kumar praised the performance of Bihar Rajya Pul Nirman Nigam Ltd in the recent years. It has earned a net profit of Rs 50 crore in 2017-18. Its yearly turnover has increased to over Rs 1600 crore. He said that, the company has contributed a lot to the Chief Minister’s Relief Fund. It has also spent about Rs 70 crore for corporate social responsibility. He said that, work would be started soon, to make it possible that Patna, the state capital could be reached, from all district headquarters, within five hours. This will involve construction of lots of bridges.
- Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar has approved introduction of e-auction with an amendment in the policy for allotment of petrol pumps, CNG (Compressed natural gas) or PNG (Piped Natural Gas) sites to oil companies in the urban estates of Haryana Shehari Vikas Pradhikaran (HSVP). Name the Chairman of HSVP?
3.Manohar Lal Khattar
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Manohar Lal Khattar
This decision was taken by a committee formed under the chairmanship of the chief administrator, HSVP. The committee has decided that in order to bring transparency in the allotment process, e-auction will be adopted. Only Oil Marketing Companies (OMCs) and CGD (City Gas Distribution) Companies will be allowed to participate in it. The sites will be on leasehold basis and designated as filling-cum-charging stations. It can be utilised by the allottee for CNG or petrol pump and diesel pump or allied activities like battery-charging station for future e-vehicles etc.
- KVIC (Khadi and Village Industries Commission) has made a world record of distributing maximum number of bee-boxes in one day, at Kupwara in Kashmir, by distributing how many bee-boxes?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.2330
This record was made by the KVIC in the Zangalee Army area at Kupwara in Kashmir. KVIC has broken its previous record of distributing 1000 bee boxes in Kaziranga forest area among the Mishing tribe on World Honey Bee Day (21 May 2018). 2330 bee-boxes were distributed to 233 beneficiaries in the Zangalee Army area. Jammu and Kashmir Deputy Chief Minister, Kavinder Gupta, said that KVIC’s programmes would create jobs in the valley. KVIC made an action plan called ‘Honey Mission’ with an aim to distribute 1.3 lakh bee-boxes before November 2018 all over India. Till now 27,000 bee-boxes have been distributed. KVIC is the nodal agency of Prime Minister Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP).
- On June 10,2018, the central government has decided to establish India’s first ever National Police Museum in ____?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Delhi
It will be a unique facility showcasing history, artifacts, uniforms and gear of central and state police forces. It will come up as an underground facility in the premises of the national police memorialin Chanakyapuri area. It is expected to be inaugurated in October 21 in honor of ‘Police commemoration Day’. This project is headed by Intelligence Bureau.
- Which state government has planned to introduce ‘Sanskar’ an awareness programme against superstitions?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Assam
In the wake of incidents triggered by superstitions the government has decided to take steps to launch this campaign in all development blocks and panchayats. This was taken by high level meeting chaired by the chief minister of Assam Mr. Sarbananda Sonowal. Assam Science Technology and Environment Council (ASTEC) would be the nodal agency and the programme and would involve all deputy commissioners, superintendents of police and all government departments concerned in a district.
- On 11th June 2018, the Nepal cabinet approved which government’s proposal to repair two ‘Friendship Bridges’ that links both the countries?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Chinese
The bridges were damaged in 2015 due to earthquakes. Nepal government spokesperson Gokul Baskota, said that, China will fund the border bridges project. It will also offer technical support to the bridges in Tatopani and Rasuwa districts. The Nepal Government also approved two proposals related to Nepal Prime Minister K.P. Sharma Oli’s upcoming visit to China that will be on 19th June 2018. Nepal cabinet has also approved the Ministry of Energy, Water Resources and Irrigation to sign projects that will be discussed during Nepal Prime Minister K.P. Sharma Oli’s visit to China.
- Which country is working to bring together a group of 8-10 member countries of the WTO to develop an agenda to create a conducive atmosphere in Geneva for smooth functioning of WTO (World Trade Organisation)?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.India
This will be an informal group within the World Trade Organisation (WTO). It might include countries like Brazil, China, South Africa, China, Indonesia and Columbia. The main focus is to develop a proper structured agenda that will be acceptable to all countries to reduce the tension prevailing among the WTO member countries. The commerce ministry will discuss the issue internally and will work on the structure. This move will be beneficial since trade tensions have heightened after the US levied high customs duties on some steel and aluminum products.
- On June 12, 2018, It was announced that the first military exercise of the (Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation) BIMSTEC group would be held in ____ in the second week of September 2018?
4.Port Blair, India
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Pune, India
This exercise will focus on the counter-terrorism measures and to promote strategic alignment. The army officers of all the 7 BIMSTEC nations would participate. The theme would be counter terrorism in semi urban and cordon and search and each side would bring 30 soldiers. The conclave of Army chiefs would be held in the last two days of the exercise where they would debate on the measures and strategies of counter terrorism.
- On June 12,2018, India gave a financial assistance of _____ to Nepal for the final step of Nepal-Bharat Maitri Irrigation Project?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Rs.61.93 million
This is for the construction of 2700 shallow tube well irrigation systems in 12 districts of Nepal’s Terai region. This would help in promoting agricultural productivity. This was handed to Nepal’s Energy Secretary Sanjay Sharma by India’s ambassador to Nepal Mr. Manjeev Singh Puri. The tube wells would be installed in Saptari, Sarlahi, Rautahat, Bara, Parsa, Chitwan, Nawalparasi, Rupendehi, Kapilvastu, Dang, Kailali and Kanchanpur districts.
- What is the rank of India out of 180 countries in the Global Environment Performance Index (EPI) rankings, as per the State of India’s Environment (SoE) 2018 in Figures that has been released recently?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.177
In 2016, India ranked 141 out of 180 countries. The SoE in Figures is an annual compendium of environmental statistics prepared by Down To Earth magazine. Centre for Science and Environment (CSE) helps to publish it. State of India’s Environment 2018 in Figures is a quantified statement on issues and concerns of environment and development.
- On June 12, 2018, According to SBI’s annual report for 2017-18, which bank has the highest value share of mobile banking transactions by 17.2%?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Axis Bank
Paytm tops the chart by volumes with 22% and by value it is 0.25%. ICICI has 17.1% share by value and 9.7% by volume. SBI has 19.5% by volume in January 2018 compared to 25% at the end of March 2019. By value share SBI has 16.8% from 44.4% in 2017.
- Name the American activist who will be awarded the Lumiere Award for this year in Lyon, France?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Jane Fonda
Jane Fonda has won Oscar award. She has also won the Academy Award twice, BAFTA Award twice and Golden Globe Award four times. The Lumiere Festival is the largest international festival of classic cinema. It will be held from 13th October to 21st October 2018. Festival director Thierry Fremaux will present the award to Jane Fonda.
- What was the theme of World Day Against Child Labour 2018 that was celebrated on 12th June 2018?
1.Health and Safety for Young workers
2.Generation Safe & Healthy
3.Safe work environment
4.Peaceful work environment
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Generation Safe & Healthy
In 2002, the International Labour Organization (ILO) declared 12 June as the World Day Against Child Labour. This day was introduced to focus on the extent of child labour worldwide and the efforts required to eliminate it. This day brings together governments, employers and workers organizations, civil society, and people from various parts of the world to work towards the abolition of child labour. The theme for World Day against Child Labour 2018 is: ‘Generation Safe & Healthy’.
- On June 12, 2018, 10 new places were inducted in the Phase III of Swachh Iconic Places under Swachh Bharat Mission and the SIP mission was launched at Mana village which is situated close to the Badrinath temple in ____?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Uttarakhand
The 10 new places are : RaghavendraSwamy Temple (Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh); Hazardwari Palace (Murshidabad, West Bengal); Brahma Sarovar Temple (Kurukshetra, Haryana); VidurKuti (Bijnor, Uttar Pradesh); Mana village (Chamoli, Uttarakhand); Pangong Lake (Leh-Ladakh, J&K); Nagvasuki Temple (Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh); ImaKeithal/market (Imphal, Manipur); Sabarimala Temple (Kerala); and Kanvashram (Uttarakhand). These new sites have joined the 20 iconic places under Phase I & II where special Sanitation work is already underway. He also launched four major SLWM activities in Mana village, including community soak pits, compost pits, separation centre for organic and inorganic waste, and naalis for liquid waste with a sanctioned amount of Rs. 26.87 lakhs.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Name the CEO and headquarters of Axis Bank?CEO: Shikha Sharma; Headquarters: Mumbai
- Who is the director general of Centre for Science and Environment (CSE)?Sunita Narain
- What is the tag line of Punjab & Sind Bank?Where Service Is A Way Of Life
- Where is Bandhavgarh National Park located?Madhya Pradesh
- Name the Chairman of KVIC (Khadi and Village Industries Commission)?Vinai Kumar Saxena