AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz June 11 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC,CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams.We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- India’s first underwater metro will be constructed in which city?
5.MumbaiAnswer – 2.Kolkata
West Bengal’s capital Kolkata will get India’s first underwater metro system, which will pass through the Hooghly river. One of the two tunnels has been completed and is built 30 metres below the earth’s surface, near the Howrah Bridge. Notably, this is the first time in India that a tunnel has been made under a flowing river.
- The 22nd European Union Film Festival (EUFF) has begun in which Indian city?
5.VisakahpatnamAnswer – 1.Delhi
The 22nd European Union Film Festival (EUFF) premiered at Siri Fort auditorium in Delhi on June 10, 2017 with the screening of Estonian film Cherry Tobacco. The five-day event is being organised by the Delegation of the EU and Embassies of EU Members in collaboration with Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
- Which State Government has raised the insurance cover by Rs. 1 lakh to Rs. 6 lakh for farmers who avail crop loan from cooperative banks in the State?
5.MaharashtraAnswer – 4.Rajasthan
The Rajasthan government has raised the insurance cover by Rs. 1 lakh to Rs. 6 lakh for farmers who avail crop loan from cooperative banks in the State, as it aims to bring around 25 lakh peasants under the scheme.
- On June 5, 2017, Government announced the launch of ‘HADP’ for Northeast in Imphal, Manipur. Abbreviation HADP stands for:
1.High Altitude Development Programme
2.Habitat And Development Programme
3.Habitat Augmentation Development Programme
4.Hill Area Development Programme
5.Hill Agriculture Development ProgrammeAnswer – 4.Hill Area Development Programme
The hilly areas of Manipur, Tripura and Assam have a distinct geo-physical entity and are lagging in socio-economic development. As a result of peculiar topography, there is a wide gap between the hill and valley districts in terms of infrastructure, quality of roads, health and education etc. The Hill Development Programme, is inspired with a serious research and deliberation of all these factors.
- On June 10, 2017, Indian Ambassador to Kazakhstan, _______inaugurated India Pavilion at Expo 2017 at Astana, the capital city of Kazakhstan.
1.Harsh Kumar Jain
2.Ajay Kumar Narang
5.Prabhat NarvekarAnswer – 1.Harsh Kumar Jain
Expo 2017 is a world class exhibition that displays renewable and green technologies. Theme of Expo 2017 is “Future Energy”. Expo 2017, Astana makes Kazakhstan the fourth Asian country to host a world expo after Japan, South Korea and China.
- ____________ and the European Union has extended a grant of 3.5 million Euros to India under the ‘Moblise Your City’ (MYC) initiative.
5.RussiaAnswer – 2.France
Aiming to reduce emissions and promote sustainability to help India’s smart city programme, France and the European Union has extended a grant of 3.5 million Euros under the ‘Moblise Your City’ (MYC) initiative. Three Indian cities — Nagpur, Kochi and Ahmedabad — will get the grant as part of the EU’s commitment under the Paris Climate agreement.
- Which public sector bank has launched the Retail Mart, a retail lending concept, in Kerala’s capital city Thiruvananthapuram?
3.Indian Overseas Bank
4.Bank of Baroda
5.Indian BankAnswer – 3.Indian Overseas Bank
Indian Overseas Bank (IOB), the Lead Bank for Thiruvananthapuram district, has launched the Retail Mart, a retail lending concept, in Kerala’s capital city. The exclusive facility that handles retail products has started functioning at the main branch of the bank at Statue Junction in Thiruvananthapuram.
- India has approached World Trade Organisation (WTO)against which country for its non-compliance of a verdict on high import duty on certain Indian steel imports.
5.PhilipinesAnswer – 4.US
As of now, India has requested WTO dispute consultations with the US to address US compliance with WTO ruling. If this issue remains unresolved post consultations, India will approach WTO’s compliance panel.
- Who among the following Bengali film actor has been conferred with the highest French civilian honour, the Legion d’Honneur.
5.Vimal BasuAnswer – 1.Soumitra Chatterjee
Veteran Bengali film actor Soumitra Chatterjee has been conferred the highest French civilian honour, the Legion d’Honneur. Ambassador of France to India Alexandre Ziegler will be in Kolkata to present the honour.
- Which country has launched a record breaking swarm of 119 fixed-wing unmanned aerial vehicles?
5.CanadaAnswer – 2.China
The 119 drones performed catapult-assisted take-offs and formations in the sky. The feat broke the previous record of a swarm of 67 drones. Swarm Intelligence is regarded as the core of artificial intelligence of unmanned systems and the future of intelligent unmanned systems.
- Who among the following won men’s singles title at French Open 2017?
5.Andy MurrayAnswer – 3.Rafael Nadal
Rafael Nadal created tennis history by becoming the first player in the Open Era to win the same Grand Slam title 10 times in his career. He won the final match against Stan Wawrinka.
- Who among the following has won the gold medal at the 17th World Individual Chess Championship for differently-abled?
5.Kunal JainAnswer – 4.Shashikant Kutwal
Shashikant Kutwal, a railway employee with Pune Division, has won the gold medal at the 17th World Individual Chess Championship for differently-abled, held in Slovakia from May 27 to June 6, 2017. Kutwal (37), who works as office superintendent, has now attained the title of International Master.
- Who among following won the Under-14 doubles title of the Asian Junior Tennis Championships at Pune on June 10, 2017?
1.Dhanya Shah and Sanmay Gandhi
2.Vishesh Patel and Shashidhar Kota
3.Dhanya Shah and Shashidhar Kota
4.Dhanya Shah and Vishesh Patel
5.Sanmay Gandhi and Vishesh PatelAnswer – 1.Dhanya Shah and Sanmay Gandhi
Dhanya Shah and Sanmay Gandhi clinched the Under-14 doubles title of the Asian Junior Tennis Championships at Pune on June 10, 2017. Second seeded Dhanya and Sanmay defeated Vishesh Patel and Shashidhar Kota 6-4, 7-6(4) in the final.
- 21st Federation Cup National Senior Athletics Championshipswas held from 1st– 4th June 2017 in:
4.Indore, Madhya Pradesh
5.Patna, BiharAnswer – 2.Patiala, Punjab
The event was organised by Athletics Federation of India (AFI) with support from Punjab Athletics Association and Sports Authority of India. The championship provided an opportunity to Indian track and field athletes to qualify for the Asian Athletics Championships which is scheduled to be held in Bhubaneswar from 6th-9th July 2017.
- Sarita Singh is associated with which sport?
5.Table TennisAnswer – 2.Hammer Throw
Sarita Singh of Uttar Pradesh set a new national record in the women’s hammer throw with an effort of 65.25m to claim the gold medal at the 21st Federation Cup National Senior Athletics Championship in Patiala.
- Miguel D’Escoto Brockmann, Nicaragua’s former foreign minister, who passed away on June 8, 2017, was a:
1.Former Director General of WHO
2.Former Director General of WTO
3.Former Director General of UNESCO
4.Former President of the UN General Assembly
5.Former Executive Director of UNICEFAnswer – 4.Former President of the UN General Assembly
Miguel D’Escoto Brockmann, Nicaragua’s former foreign minister and ex-president of the U.N. General Assembly, has died. He was 84 and had suffered a stroke several months earlier. He was born in the United States to a Nicaraguan diplomat who served in the administration of dictator Anastasio Somoza Garcia. Later, after being ordained a priest and adopting liberation theology, he joined the Sandinista guerrilla movement that eventually toppled the Somoza dynasty.
- Adam West, who passed away on June 9, 2017, was a famous:
4.US Novel Writer
5.US EconomistAnswer – 3.US Actor
Adam West was an actor defined and also constrained by his role in the 1960s series “Batman”. He had made a record 156 individual screen appearances as Batman, including 120 in the live-action television series.
- Who among the following is the author of the book “Indira Gandhi – A life in Nature”?
5.Kamal NathAnswer – 2.Jairam Ramesh
The book “Indira Gandhi – A life in Nature”, has been launched by Congress president Sonia Gandhi at the Indira Gandhi Memorial in the presence of former ministers, bureaucrats and environmentalists who worked closely with her to frame some of country’s landmarks wildlife and environment laws. The book has been written by Former Union minister Jairam Ramesh.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.